Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:58 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Is there a link somewhere to an article that talks about all of the books that were announced today?
@ISeeAnIsland

It is!

Han Solo Thread:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t194p625-young-han-solo-film
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

I hope I'm not wrong, but I think getting a glimpse of "very young Ben Solo" bodes well for his fate in Episode IX. Seeing him as a very young child with his uncle and parents is probably going to make him more sympathetic to fans, and also hammer in that he's the last Skywalker.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

I will definitiv buy that book! I love Han & Lando and if young Ben is only mentioned a few times it's worth it even more!!! Approves
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:34 pm

@lauvamp

@ all the butt hurt fanboys who thought JJ would be disrespectful enough to retcon the work of a fellow filmmaker and colleague that he clearly liked so much he wished he had been directing it:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Giphy
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:50 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@lauvamp

@ all the butt hurt fanboys who thought JJ would be disrespectful enough to retcon the work of a fellow filmmaker and colleague that he clearly liked so much he wished he had been directing it:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Giphy
@Kylo Rey

Exactly. I always thought the people who believe JJ will “save the day” and “undo” TLJ are setting themselves up for monumental disappointment. I’m glad to hear JJ isn’t afraid of the naysayers and I hope he delivers something original and compelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:00 pm

We went from J.J. being seen as practically a super villain who ruined Star Wars and Rian Johnson as the future savior to Rian Johnson as the devil who ruined Star Wars and J.J. as the hero who will come back to save it. And all of it is just about their Reywalker, Snoke is Plagueis, evil Kylo, no romance in MY Star Wars, and super Luke headcanons. It has nothing to do with the actual quality of story or writing, it's all about their headcanons being invalidated and now they want them to be turned back around so they were right.

Once they get it through their heads that they were wrong literally all along, the anger at J.J. will return. The favor toward him only remains insofar as they can delude themselves into thinking he'll retcon all of Rian's answers to his mystery boxes. They STILL think that J.J. was setting up Rey Skywalker, Plagueis Snoke, FinnRey, pure evil Kylo who will die unredeemed, what have you and that Rian acted alone and turned around all of J.J.'s ideas. Except wait, J.J. agreed with every one of Rian's conclusions to the point where he's said he wished he wrote Rian's script.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:11 pm

@ZioRen wrote:We went from J.J. being seen as practically a super villain who ruined Star Wars and Rian Johnson as the future savior to Rian Johnson as the devil who ruined Star Wars and J.J. as the hero who will come back to save it. And all of it is just about their Reywalker, Snoke is Plagueis, evil Kylo, no romance in MY Star Wars, and super Luke headcanons.

@ZioRen

This is hilarious.

They really don't understand how completely ridiculous they look.

I mean, it's absolutely okay to dislike TLJ. But ruined Star Wars? Seems every movie after ESB "ruins" SW  Very Happy
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:50 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:So a bunch of new Han Solo tie-in books were announced today for the movie and..

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Img_0244

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Img_0245

Young Ben Solo!!!!!!
@Kylo Rey
Awww this is wonderful. <3 I'm sure we'll be getting lots of young Ben Solo content within the next 10 years, and I'm so glad to see it beginning. Pretty cool that we're basically getting to piece together Ben's life like a puzzle.
@MyOnlyHope

another book to add to my future collection cheers

perhaps one day we will have the book with the sons of Ben Solo
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:36 pm

Kylo Ren's voice in HD oh my gawwwwwwwd H-beating H-beating

Documentary airs on February 20th on ABC news in America.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm

Yes! Now we will have at least a few legit gifs from Rey\Kylo scene! Sleemo already created a few! And that scene looks so cool in HD.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 8:07 pm

@special_cases wrote:Yes! Now we will have at least a few legit gifs from Rey\Kylo scene! Sleemo already created a few! And that scene looks so cool in HD.
@special_cases

And we can finally post them here because they're from legit and not camrip sources!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Tumblr_p49syw998F1w6j24yo3_r2_540
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Tumblr_p49syw998F1w6j24yo1_r1_540
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Tumblr_p49syw998F1w6j24yo2_r1_540
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

@ZioRen I think we will post them a lot in the future even without particular reason  Very Happy  And I hope we will get even more on February 20th  cheers

Actually we need to post more legit gifs! (This one from Story Group video)

special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by special_cases on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 11:51 pm

Yeah, some people will try to use it, but "Would you try to kill baby Hitler" became more moral\ethics question and many view it not that literal. Sometimes it leads to discussion like "wouldn`t you actually creating Hitler if you didn't succeed." It works perfectly in Kylo\Luke situation.

But Mark is being salty not in a good way. He really don't like that they made Luke do it. He created his own background story about Luke and give an interview about it. Bloody hell, first time I saw something like this. It was direct insult to Johnson as a writer.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 11:56 pm

@RosiePancake wow, just wow. He pretty much has twitter-diarrhea, it seems. Not unlike someone else he professes to abhor.

I think Mark still has quite a bit of resentment over what his "creation" has become, his penitent tweet to Disney et al notwithstanding.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:00 am

Meh. Whatever he needs to tell himself to get through the day (or his performance) I guess. For whatever reason, what Luke almost did bothered him to the same extent that it bothered character-Luke (Mark knows he and Luke aren't one and the same, right? Sheesh) he's just coping with it in a different way. He's not getting with the new era of "grey ambiguity" that Star Wars is going for.

I thought it made Luke approximately a million times more interesting (and retrospectively sympathetic) than he was in the OT, but to each their own.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:02 am

Except the situation isn't the same at all because Ben Solo hadn't done anything and the vision Luke saw was something HIS ACTIONS created. That was the tragic irony of it. He saw a vision as the be all and end all, as others before him have, and created his own (and Ben Solo's) nightmare. Plus, you know, that was HIS nephew and student that HE was responsible for protecting and HE failed at doing so spectacularly. What an absolutely incorrect comparison.

Ugh this is going to be used as ammo by so many people. Mark, why you gotta do us like that?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:06 am

Tbh I am kinda like whatever when they say things like this because he never was "baby Hitler" even when Luke was looking into Kylo's mind. Until the moment Luke pulled the lightsaber on him he had not turned to the dark side and therefore "baby Hitler" doesn't exist. Ben had fought for years against what Snoke was doing to him and had his family not done what they did I think Ben's love for them would have won out but instead Luke created "baby Hitler".

Mark is extremely bitter over the story Rian wrote for TLJ and even though he says otherwise continuing to talk about it and make some of the comments and snide remarks he has it is clear he is still bitter.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:12 am

@ZioRen wrote:Except the situation isn't the same at all because Ben Solo hadn't done anything and the vision Luke saw was something HIS ACTIONS created. That was the tragic irony of it. He saw a vision as the be all and end all, as others before him have, and created his own (and Ben Solo's) nightmare. Plus, you know, that was HIS nephew and student that HE was responsible for protecting and HE failed at doing so spectacularly. What an absolutely incorrect comparison.
@ZioRen
It reminds me of that Kurt Vonnegut quote from Slaughterhouse Five about Lot's wife and the burning of Sodom and Gomorrah:

“And Lot's wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human. So she was turned into a pillar of salt. So it goes."

She probably wouldn't have looked back. But she was told not to look back, so she did. It's similar to what you're describing with Luke. The suggestion was there, so he was tempted in that moment, and that temptation ruined everything. And, come to think of it, when he died it did look a bit like a pillar of salt blowing away in the wind. Huh. Anyway, powerful stuff.

Too bad some actors can't get with the depth I guess? (Adam wouldn't have this problem)

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:18 am

I wouldn't bother over-scrutinizing Mark's tweets to be honest. He's just talking about how he as an actor tried to reach the state of mind his character was meant to be in during that fleeting instance. I imagine it's mostly about the acting for him.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:24 am

"Would you go back in time and kill baby Hitler" is a pretty famous ethical dilemma. I don't think it was meant to invoke direct parallels with Hitler outside of causing much evil in their respective universes.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:25 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:I wouldn't bother over-scrutinizing Mark's tweets to be honest. He's just talking about how he as an actor tried to reach the state of mind his character was meant to be in during that fleeting instance. I imagine it's mostly about the acting for him.
@MyOnlyHope

Yeah, and apart from this, even Carrie compared him to “space Hitler” in TLJ and we all know, he’s far away from it.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:32 am

@whisperingwillow wrote:Tbh I am kinda like whatever when they say things like this because he never was "baby Hitler" even when Luke was looking into Kylo's mind. Until the moment Luke pulled the lightsaber on him he had not turned to the dark side and therefore "baby Hitler" doesn't exist. Ben had fought for years against what Snoke was doing to him and had his family not done what they did I think Ben's love for them would have won out but instead Luke created "baby Hitler".

Mark is extremely bitter over the story Rian wrote for TLJ and even though he says otherwise continuing to talk about it and make some of the comments and snide remarks he has it is clear he is still bitter.
@whisperingwillow

This.  I normally enjoy Mark and I get his sense of humor can be a bit darker or edgy, which I like.  I realize he hated what Luke did with his nephew and has not been shy at all about expressing it.  I get the feeling he can get away with it more so than the up and coming newer actors as he is pretty much THE Star Wars legend and probably feels like he has free reign to express his views without consequence.  That would explain why he’s been so vocal about Luke’s background when you wouldn’t see that from any other actor.  I admit some of it has been pretty cringe worthy, but most of it I’d let slide because well, none of us are perfect.  

I also get the fact that the question of killing baby Hitler has been an ethical question for the ages.  Still, Ben Solo is NOTHING like Hitler, and even if it’s a joke it’s in serious poor taste.  I saw this, and felt like that gif of Homer Simpson coming out of the bushes and retreating right back in...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum