Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by EchoBase on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

General consensus on the main lines of the trilogy?

#RIP #PlotGate
@Darth_Awakened

Exactly my thought when I read this.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

I really do think "Kylo has a redemption and is Rey's love interest" and "Rey won't turn to the dark side because hope is still the heart of the story" are the only things that were hammered down in this storyline and agreed on by all parties involved. I think everything else was left free to move around as each director likes. I also think there was no doubt a discussion and early decision made that all of the OT characters could be killed off if the directors want.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:47 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@special_cases wrote:Sequel Memes  Very Happy

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Opera_10
@special_cases - he’s gonna need to come up with seven more names.

At least.

Lol.
@Dar-ren19

That is so funny! One of my more outlandish headcanons is that Ben and Rey have like seven kids, lol. I don't know why I want them to have all these kids. Maybe it is because after being alone so long, I want them to have all these boisterous people around them forever. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

I want someone to make a picture, Brady bunch style, but labeled The Solo Bunch. Tag line. "You are not alone...Neither are you...as in ever again, because we have seven bloody kids in the hut!" :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

The Jenny strikes again.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Captur12

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Captur11

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Captur10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:28 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The Jenny strikes again.

@californiagirl

Poor Ben. He's given everything to Snoke and the Dark Side, even his tears.

Dang. I wrote that and now I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. (OK, cry.  Sad )
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

General consensus on the main lines of the trilogy?

#RIP #PlotGate
@Darth_Awakened

General consensus on the main lines of the trilogy has to be Reylo and Rendemption surely. Although I'm curious as to what JJ wrote for VIII if Rian didn't keep anything from his draft.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 5:13 pm

@Kylo Rey

Could be anything really. Rian has said he introduced the force bond idea as he needed to find a way to get Rey and Kylo communicating. But whenever Rian is praised for creating "Reylo" he always deflects and says JJ created it and should be credited!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 5:15 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:

@californiagirl

Dang. I wrote that and now I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. (OK, cry.  Sad )
@12 Parsnips

give a hug to kylo Snif
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 5:32 pm

Warm hugs to kry-lo...
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 5:37 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:

@californiagirl

@12 Parsnips

give a hug to kylo Snif
@Teo oswald

I know. He needs a hug! He's needed one for years...
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 6:37 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Captur48

So apparently a certain % of Film Twitter is doing the same type of hot takes on the Phantom Thread (which I still haven't seen & it's probably leaving theaters in the next few days, boo). It's not just TLJ which gets this type of interpretation, it's more widespread.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 9:29 pm

@snufkin wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Captur48

So apparently a certain % of Film Twitter is doing the same type of hot takes on the Phantom Thread (which I still haven't seen & it's probably leaving theaters in the next few days, boo). It's not just TLJ which gets this type of interpretation, it's more widespread.
@snufkin

1. You're a film nut. You will enjoy Phantom Thread (and its many Hitchcock references).
2. If antis dislike Reylo as supposedly "emotionally abusive", I'm guessing that they REALLY hate the central relationship in Phantom Thread.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 9:45 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

1. You're a film nut. You will enjoy Phantom Thread (and its many Hitchcock references).
2. If antis dislike Reylo as supposedly "emotionally abusive", I'm guessing that they REALLY hate the central relationship in Phantom Thread.

@ISeeAnIsland

Well we know from PTA's Twitter Q&A that he loves the space nerds

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Screen78

I have a feeling I'm going to miss it on the big screen and have to wait for home video. That and Paddington 2 :(. I've been going through a bad patch with migraines and it's basically all I can do at the moment is go to work and then spend my evenings/weekends at home recovering. Puts a severe damper on my leisure time. But the moment I heard he got the idea from having the flu and being stuck at home watching TCM, especially Rebecca, I was stoked because that was the first book I remember reading in the gothic literature unit (along with Jamaica Inn, Jane Eyre, and Wuthering Heights) for my high school English class. And I did Punchdrunk's Sleep No More immersive theater experience in New York a couple years back and was lucky enough to get 'kidnapped' to the secret 6th floor, which is the Manderley, Rebecca inspired part of the experience.

Yeah, uh Film Twitter has apparently been full of hot takes, think pieces, and basically a lot of dudes eager to prove their feminist allyship by decrying DDL's character as being an example of a terrible man and a bad relationship.  Basically the same type of thing you see with Star Wars fans discussing TLJ and the ST.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 10:07 pm

@snufkin

Oh yea I think any ship these days that contains a "bad boy" gets labeled as abusive and there's a whole anti following. Like wtf? People can't process fiction. Antis are everywhere for everything!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 10:13 pm

@rey09 Yeah I read the Ladybird review she's talking about, which obvs was by a dude. Because any woman who's sat through that movie recognized how intense and fractious mother-daugher relationships and battles can be.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 11:53 pm

@rey09 wrote:

@snufkin

Oh yea I think any ship these days that contains a "bad boy" gets labeled as abusive and there's a whole anti following. Like wtf? People can't process fiction. Antis are everywhere for everything!

@rey09

It's really upsetting, because many lit classics are populated by "bad boys" who (the characters) have been used through the ages to reflect valuable lessons of the human experience. It makes me angry because I'm scared that writers and auteur directors are in danger of being bullied by people who've never really read/analyzed a work of fiction and don't know how to interpret it in terms of their own reality. It's a very dangerous trend because kids are going to grow up not realizing fiction exists for a reason, and it's not to mollycoddle us!
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:03 am

"Bad boys" also happen to be characters who are traditionally very popular with women. Can't have that, can we? Protection is necessary for these fragile, impressionable minds! Ehem
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:09 am

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

Well we know from PTA's Twitter Q&A that he loves the space nerds

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 21 Screen78

I have a feeling I'm going to miss it on the big screen and have to wait for home video. That and Paddington 2 Sad. I've been going through a bad patch with migraines and it's basically all I can do at the moment is go to work and then spend my evenings/weekends at home recovering. Puts a severe damper on my leisure time. But the moment I heard he got the idea from having the flu and being stuck at home watching TCM, especially Rebecca, I was stoked because that was the first book I remember reading in the gothic literature unit (along with Jamaica Inn, Jane Eyre, and Wuthering Heights) for my high school English class. And I did Punchdrunk's Sleep No More immersive theater experience in New York a couple years back and was lucky enough to get 'kidnapped' to the secret 6th floor, which is the Manderley, Rebecca inspired part of the experience.

Yeah, uh Film Twitter has apparently been full of hot takes, think pieces, and basically a lot of dudes eager to prove their feminist allyship by decrying DDL's character as being an example of a terrible man and a bad relationship.  Basically the same type of thing you see with Star Wars fans discussing TLJ and the ST.
@snufkin

DDL's character is a massive pain in the a**, but good grief, Vicki Krieps' character is not some fragile saint, lol. My God, at the end she has the upper hand in that relationship. And yeah it's weird and "dysfunctional", but so what? It's not supposed to be an ABC After school Special, lol.

Also, @mana, I worry like you that all this outside pressure is going to stifle art and lead to some very bland products that don't relay anything but the "approved" message. Where have we seen that before? Oh right, in totalitarian regimes. :-(
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:23 am

What I really hate is that people think they need to protect (and judge!) girls and women from what they should or shouldn't like in fiction!

Why don't they judge boys and men for their misogynist fantasies they all have without doubt? Because it's normal? You can fantasize about all sick and bad sh*** if you're male. But the force forbid you have a sex drive or a dirty mind if you're female!

We all have to be pure and chaste never think about sex at all or enjoy it- in the best case only have it to reproduce... and never ever like a male character if he isn't perfect parents-in-law material. He can't have real flaws otherwise if we like him WE are sick and need help and be protected from ourselves... L-puke

Sorry- I can't believe we still have this conversation in 2018...

By the way- I have the feeling it's much more louder in the US? Where people are still all ok to show violence on screen, let their kids shoot with automatic firearms in their back-lawn but want them to keep their virginity till marriage... Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:35 am

@snufkin wrote:@rey09 Yeah I read the Ladybird review she's talking about, which obvs was by a dude. Because any woman who's sat through that movie recognized how intense and fractious mother-daugher relationships and battles can be.
@snufkin

I was squirming all the way through Tangled because Mother Gothel was like a more benign (no, really) version of my mother. Easier to watch the second and third time (I have kids, so there are always multiple viewings if it’s Disney). Take-away lesson: I don’t really enjoy movies with mothers like that, and I’m old enough to skip them. No drama. I’m not sure why people police other people’s film choices the way they do.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:56 am

I actually first noticed this in the Twilight backlash. Granted, the book was not Pulitzer material. Heck, it was pretty much a Mormon (not that there's anything wrong with that, per se) family fantasy come to life. But, in itself, the universe created was fascinating enough only if it had been WRITTEN better. Granted, the creepy quality of Edward and his ilk was unsettling, but it was nothing new, especially to some of us Buffy fans. Twilight in that way was a twisted version of Angel and his perspective. But did Buffy and Angel have people up in arms talking about corrupting naive, young high school girls unfortunate to have an obsession with creepy bloodsuckers? Nope. I was there and the internet pretty much wasn't... but it wasn't just the internet. People's minds weren't as made up as to what to ALLOW their neighbors to watch. It's a sickness, this urge to control. The more cable, the more viewing platforms, the more diverse we get in our reception of technology, the more unyielding and stultified we get in our absorption of ideas.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:36 am

This quote from Daisy is quite strange. The first draft of episode 8? Treatment for episode 9? First time someone mentioned it. Rian said he read GL treatments and TFA script.

Tbh the whole interview is strange.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:57 am

@Night Huntress wrote:What I really hate is that people think they need to protect (and judge!) girls and women from what they should or shouldn't like in fiction!

Why don't they judge boys and men for their misogynist fantasies they all have without doubt? Because it's normal? You can fantasize about all sick and bad sh*** if you're male. But the force forbid you have a sex drive or a dirty mind if you're female!

We all have to be pure and chaste never think about sex at all or enjoy it- in the best case only have it to reproduce... and never ever like a male character if he isn't perfect parents-in-law material. He can't have real flaws otherwise if we like him WE are sick and need help and be protected from ourselves... L-puke

Sorry- I can't believe we still have this conversation in 2018...

By the way- I have the feeling it's much more louder in the US? Where people are still all ok to show violence on screen, let their kids shoot with automatic firearms in their back-lawn but want them to keep their virginity till marriage... Rolling Eyes
@Night Huntress

I was seeing comments about the Shape of Water, some people complaining "oh she didn't need to have sex with the fish man, you can have love without it!" and I'm like wait.....this woman is a fully grown woman who is quite lonely, feels ostracized in society, and they make a point to show she craves sexual intimacy as she touches herself every morning, so wtf?! Of course she would be with the man she's fallen in love with. How could she settle for any less?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:35 am

@rey09 wrote:
@Night Huntress

I was seeing comments about the Shape of Water, some people complaining "oh she didn't need to have sex with the fish man, you can have love without it!" and I'm like wait.....this woman is a fully grown woman who is quite lonely, feels ostracized in society, and they make a point to show she craves sexual intimacy as she touches herself every morning, so wtf?! Of course she would be with the man she's fallen in love with. How could she settle for any less?
@rey09

I haven't seen Shape of Water but I read some of the discussions about it on social media und seen a few clips.
Actually it's a good example because I won't lie... this isn't really my cup of tea-  I'm even a bit grossed out  WTH
BUT I would never judge anyone who enjoyed that movie or the dynamic between the characters... it's fiction!
You can say the fishman is a meta for anyone who isn't an average person.

Don't like it- don't see it... it's that easy. Nope

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:41 am

Speaking of the Shape of Water parralels - I see a similar issue with the "fanboys" who refuse to acknowledge Reys sexual awakening, like she'll always be this sqeaky clean pure woman when her body language SCREAMS wanting to crave intimacy, like the smuthut scene and elevator. Heck even some sections of the novel are a metaphor for her awakenig, the "powerful and raw connection" which is likened to electric sensations. Most importantly, she and Ben can feel each others physical sensations, I mean, its kinda obvious what they're also implying here - can you imagine the "sensation" when they finally get it on ha!

Ps - and the way the shirtless scene is described in the book, like she is struggling to focus on his eyes haha! I wish there was an excerpt of that scene.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum