Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:31 am

@Riri wrote:Omg behind the scenes of proposal scene https://twitter.com/daisysrdlys/status/973127261862772736osal

Hand touch from Kylos Pov, theyre grasping hands!
https://twitter.com/daisysrdlys/status/973153141528014849
@Riri

Oh thats made my morning !!! I saw a few tweets down - what I assume is a still from the BTS too

https://twitter.com/daisysrdlys/status/973124669665632257
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:33 am

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:35 am

@Riri

I laughed out laud at that- also that Adam was really shirtless on set when they filmed the third force bond- poor Daisy...I would've forgotten all my lines... Embarassed
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:36 am

My my that twitter feed is full of goodness. I cannot wait for the full version. Why must we wait longer in the UK.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:38 am

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:53 am

@MrsWindu

I giggle even seeing it on screen- which is stupid. I mean we see thousands of shirtless dudes on the beach...it's not really something to be embarrassed about, is it? Maybe it's because of the Kylo Ren costume it's so surreal and strange. Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 6:55 am

Omg you guys, these BTS snippets are absolutely glorious! What a wonderful way to start the day. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:02 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@MrsWindu

I giggle even seeing it on screen- which is stupid. I mean we see thousands of shirtless dudes on the beach...it's not really something to be embarrassed about, is it? Maybe it's because of the Kylo Ren costume it's so surreal and strange. Laughing
@Night Huntress

The whole scenario is surreal - talking about father figures with a half dressed fine male when you are actually galaxies apart. Saying that I did almost 4 years of weekly life drawing classes as a student - I had quite a sheltered life so I understand Rey's embarrassment.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:05 am

@Riri wrote:Omg behind the scenes of proposal scene https://twitter.com/daisysrdlys/status/973127261862772736osal

@Riri

OMG, these are great! Looks like Rian was really affected by the proposal scene!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:08 am

@Night Huntress wrote:@Riri

I laughed out laud at that- also that Adam was really shirtless on set when they filmed the third force bond- poor Daisy...I would've forgotten all my lines... Embarassed
@Night Huntress

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Giphy

Me too ROFL

With all the new stuff that is spreading on tumblr I am literally dying Stretcher  What a beautiful monday!

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:09 am

***faints***

Stretcher
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:27 am

Rian is a true Reylo king.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:39 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:

@Riri

OMG, these are great! Looks like Rian was really affected by the proposal scene!
@Kylo Rey

reminds me of JJ wiping his foggy glasses after filming interrogation. Twisted Evil

But yes, those scenes are highly emotional and shirtless Kylo is Claps H-beating
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:43 am

@Riri

That is really interesting because in the novel it talks about them clasping hands, so maybe that was the original intention, but then went with the more sensuous touch.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:52 am

@Riri

I have officially died. This is my force ghost responding...
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 8:19 am

I haven't got to this part of the novel - deleted seen I guess

https://twitter.com/kylloron/status/973171070898499584
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 8:28 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Just my $0.02. But his whole theory assumes that while Force lore and history is woven in the ST as part of the larger arc of 3 franchises, it also places emphasis on the thing that TLJ goes out of its way to dismantle. That Force lore, the world-building, and mythology which completist fans have fixated on and which drives the type of fandom subcultures like bloggers, podcasters, RPGs, conventions, et cetera. It's an interesting academic discussion, one which we spent nearly 18 months delving into here wondering what was in the First Jedi Temple. And guess what? The point of the Force Plot was dispensed with Luke's monologue to Rey about how the Force is something all living beings can tap into and that part of the downfall/destruction wrought by the Jedi was their hubris in thinking that they could "box" it into a framework/narrative. The Force Plot was actually about a young woman and a young man, both grappling with how to cope with/overcome childhood trauma. That's part of the subversion of TLJ, which I know upset some fans here because they were excited to learn about Force/Jedi history as part of the Force plot. Which got tossed away the same way Luke ditched his old family lightsaber. There will likely be symmetry and a resolution for the overall story of four generations in relation to the Force and that fictional galaxy.  Just look at today's leaks - you think that Kasdan, JJ "The Force should be open to everybody" Abrams, or Rian "Time travel in Looper depends on suspension of disbelief b/c otherwise it's all balderdash" Johnson are going to be doing DVD box set commentary where they talk about how the most important thing in resolving the story was satisfying the rules of Force Lore?  But one of the lessons that came out of TLJ is that anybody who thinks that it's going to be about satisfying completist fan preferences and delving deep into Force mythology to wrap up 3 trilogies spanning 40+ years is engaging in the same type of magical thinking that "JJ will fix the problem Rian created with Rey's parents and make her Luke or Leia's daughter" fans are engaging in.

These type of theories assume that Luke's admission to Rey about his hubris of thinking that he had to train Ben to continue the legacy of the family bloodline = end of that line, ergo Ben dies as part of fulfilling that narrative line. Meanwhile how many different beats and phrases throughout two films are about Han's arc and now Kasdan will soon be speaking at length again about writing his backstory as a young man? I'm still genuinely surprised that outside of this place, there's been zilch discussion about the "too much of his father in him" beats for Ben, including Snoke calling him "Young Solo." That's kind of the point, he's pretending to be somebody he's not and resolving his story has as much to do with that legacy/side of his family.

Final thing, but it's pretty ironic how a lot of these theories are about wrapping up a trilogy centered around a female protagonist (his "platonic" "complicated enemy") where his connection to the Force is through his matrilineal line. There's a bit of unexamined bias in how all of this has to center around the men on that line, nevermind what Leia's role in the ST and overall franchise gets resolved or how Rey isn't a female proxy for Luke/the Hero's Journey b/c the stakes and beats for a female centered story is different. It's also spelled out in his intro scene with Snoke - somebody trying to conform/fit in with being a certain type of person that he's clearly not. The connection he has is through his mother, including inheriting her powers, but Snoke all but spells it out - his character/temprament doesn't take after that side of his family, he's like his father.
@snufkin
I've always found it mind-boggling and hilarious that we were chewed out and ridiculed for two years for saying that the story would be, well, simple... that the major twists would be all about f***ing character relationships. Remember that this is coming from a campy film franchise based on myth-inspired serials that have boiled down to "man loses himself out of fear of losing his wife" and "son reconnects with and finds good in the father he never knew." Big shocker then that the ST is actually about what happens when a family of heroes fails its only progeny, overcoming childhood trauma and romantic awakening between a hot young man and woman who share kickass magical powers.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Efa6972360df777062ae2871b2a1de4b
@FrolickingFizzgig

For as much as we have the magic, fairytales, mythology, and space battles, the bottom line per GL was it was always a coming of age story. Simple.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 8:32 am

Looking at all this BTS stuff, JJ is really going to have to step it up in IX to match all the romantic tension in TLJ. If he doesn't it will be such a waste.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 8:43 am

Hi @Riri - for some reason I can't open the proposal link. It says that page doesn't exist.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 9:16 am

I'm imagining Adam Driver standing opposite Daisy Ridley on a dark Irish cliff side, his Canada Goose jacket open down the front, showing his glistening pecs. Nipples hard and puckered thanks to the cold air.

Heck. If Daisy had to be in Rey costume just to be offcam, then Adam 'Method-for-life' Driver would definitely be naked as well for that scene.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 9:18 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I'm imagining Adam Driver standing opposite Daisy Ridley on a dark Irish cliff side, his Canada Goose jacket open down the front, showing his glistening pecs. Nipples hard and puckered thanks to the cold air.

Heck. If Daisy had to be in Rey costume just to be offcam, then Adam 'Method-for-life' Driver would definitely be naked as well for that scene.
@Rei of Sunshine

he is- we have pictures of that already Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 9:30 am

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 9:36 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I'm imagining Adam Driver standing opposite Daisy Ridley on a dark Irish cliff side, his Canada Goose jacket open down the front, showing his glistening pecs. Nipples hard and puckered thanks to the cold air.

@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

wait... where is this shirtless on ireland pic?!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 9:41 am

HOLY SH*T HE'S SO HOT

BLACK TANK AND SUSPENDERS

THE HAIR

THE JUMPING

CLASPING HANDS

CALL LIFE ALERT

CALL 911

CALL THE PLUMBER

CALL THE GARDNER
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 10:09 am

@Night Huntress wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Night Huntress wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

WHAT!!! WHEEEEREE
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum