Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rawpowah on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 7:53 pm

@nickandnora Yeah I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts in the prediction thread. To me the ones that were more likely to have had a connection with Snoke were Luke and Leia.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 7:59 pm

@rawpowah wrote:@nickandnora Yeah I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts in the prediction thread. To me the ones that were more likely to have had a connection with Snoke were Luke and Leia.
@rawpowah

I'll copy my posts to the prediction thread then. Hopefully it's OK; I haven't double-posted often (or ever) and it's a completely different subject I'll be talking about.

(To briefly answer what you said here though, I think Leia and Luke certainly did have a connection to Snoke as well. It's just something I'm less focused on.)

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:02 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Please tell me that people are not freaking out cause he liked that tweet! he liked tons of Storm Pilot fan art too and yet the movie was anything but. Liking a tweet =/= movie.
@vaderito

Not freaking. Just perplexed. Obsv Rey has the hots for Kylo, even though she tries to bury it in the depths of her soul after he doesn't save her friends.
Yeah, I was just confused in the aftermath of his SXSW comments & then tired after all the awfulness by Antis on twitter today! But thanks for some great replies & discussion about it guys! I'm not concerned at all anymore. Smile
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:10 pm

@Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:It's interesting how many things that make both Kylo's and Rey's thoughts and feelings, or Kylo's backstory, about each other clearer get cut from the final product, sometimes not even being filmed.

It's still frustrating how much they downplay the romance element within the film itself, and save the most explicit statements about the Kylo and Rey for outside the film in interviews, novels, etc. LF is truly playing the long game here. Few studios would care that much about story or character. I just hope they don't hold back too much.
@californiagirl

I honestly think that they downplay the romantic element mostly out of fear of backlash to the heroine/villain romance - particularly where Rey's side of things is concerned. They're a bit more bold with talking about Kylo's, but then he's not touted as a role model for little girls. The way TLJ went, everyone can draw the conclusions they're happy with: "yay romance" or "Rey and Kylo are totes enemies now".
@Saracene

They're going to have to get past that fast if Reylo is supposed to be endgame.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:43 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:It's interesting how many things that make both Kylo's and Rey's thoughts and feelings, or Kylo's backstory, about each other clearer get cut from the final product, sometimes not even being filmed.

It's still frustrating how much they downplay the romance element within the film itself, and save the most explicit statements about the Kylo and Rey for outside the film in interviews, novels, etc. LF is truly playing the long game here. Few studios would care that much about story or character. I just hope they don't hold back too much.
@californiagirl

I honestly think that they downplay the romantic element mostly out of fear of backlash to the heroine/villain romance - particularly where Rey's side of things is concerned. They're a bit more bold with talking about Kylo's, but then he's not touted as a role model for little girls. The way TLJ went, everyone can draw the conclusions they're happy with: "yay romance" or "Rey and Kylo are totes enemies now".
@Saracene

@ZioRen

That's my worry, that despite all they've done, they've been a little timid and set themselves up for much of the audience being shocked come IX. Should have ripped off the Band Aid in TLJ. Or at least half off.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:57 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Saracene wrote:

@californiagirl

@Saracene

@ZioRen

I think that in the last episode, they won't reveal Rey's feelings until after Kylo has done something so selfless and self-sacrificing that you'd need to be a total hardcore anti/social agenda obsessive to complain.

I just don't think they felt secure doing it in TLJ which ended with Kylo seemingly doubling down on villainy. Like, all of us here take it for granted that Reylo comes in a package with redemption, but tons of people are now convinced that Kylo is beyond saving.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 11:19 pm

@nickandnora wrote:Kylo is wayyyy ahead of Rey in the "acknowledgement of romantic feelings" department. As I mentioned, I quite enjoy Fry's interpretation that she sees Kylo as an instrument of the Force (lol, OK) because that's so Rey to hide what she feels behind the mask of something else.

It's like in P&P. Darcy loves Lizzie "most ardently," but she doesn't actually start falling for him legit until after the proposal and she starts thinking, and interacting with people who knew him, and visiting his home, and seeing how selfless he is, etc. It's going to be the same story here. We're not even going to get an admission that she's in love with him until the last two minutes of the next movie, I'd wager (though I suspect the actual *feelings* of love will officially blossom, unsaid, before that point, but still during Act III).

@nickandnora

I just realized Darcy was exactly 28 (same as Ben, I think) in P&P. Lizzie was 20, I think. How old is Rey supposed to be in TLJ?
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePancake on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 11:26 pm

@Saracene wrote:

@californiagirl

@Saracene

I bet that we could tell the same with FinnRose relationship, many fanboys on reddit still think like this

Even though Rian had said that there wasn't any one-sided love or unrequited love in TLJ, it seems like many fanboys still think otherwise. They would rather choose to cut this FinnRose's lovely affection scene

and let fans engage countless heated debates for the next 2 years just to keep up the hype.
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:48 am

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:Kylo is wayyyy ahead of Rey in the "acknowledgement of romantic feelings" department. As I mentioned, I quite enjoy Fry's interpretation that she sees Kylo as an instrument of the Force (lol, OK) because that's so Rey to hide what she feels behind the mask of something else.

It's like in P&P. Darcy loves Lizzie "most ardently," but she doesn't actually start falling for him legit until after the proposal and she starts thinking, and interacting with people who knew him, and visiting his home, and seeing how selfless he is, etc. It's going to be the same story here. We're not even going to get an admission that she's in love with him until the last two minutes of the next movie, I'd wager (though I suspect the actual *feelings* of love will officially blossom, unsaid, before that point, but still during Act III).

@nickandnora

I just realized Darcy was exactly 28 (same as Ben, I think) in P&P. Lizzie was 20, I think. How old is Rey supposed to be in TLJ?
@Dar-ren19

Rey is 19, and Ben is 29, since he was born a year after Endor, which was 30 yrs ago.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:58 am

@RosiePancake wrote:
@Saracene wrote:

@californiagirl

@Saracene

I bet that we could tell the same with FinnRose relationship, many fanboys on reddit still think like this

Even though Rian had said that there wasn't any one-sided love or unrequited love in TLJ, it seems like many fanboys still think otherwise. They would rather choose to cut this FinnRose's lovely affection scene

and let fans engage countless heated debates for the next 2 years just to keep up the hype.
@RosiePancake

These people are terrible and dumb. Rey would have hit Finn like he was her little brother if he tried to mess with her hair, and Finn knows it.  But he has no such worries with Rose, nor should he ... because it is a different kind of relationship.

OTOH, Rey allows the tender hand-holding moment to happen with Kylo/Ben and gets in Kylo/Ben's personal space in the elevator and get overwhelmed by the sight of his chest and "I'm insane about you and want to have sex with you right now" look that Kylo/Ben gives her post-PG fight.  None of this would have happened with Finn ... because again, the relationship with Kylo/Ben is a different kind of relationship.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:37 am

@SoloSideCousin well RJ cut the curly hair scene, right? I still don't get why? He kept all the other humorous stuff in. Why not have a scene where we KNOW Finn has affectionate feelings toward Rose before she kisses him? This is the reason the kiss came out of the blue. We weren't shown anything like this from Finn's side toward Rose. Much of the canto bight scene could have been cut in favor of this (and many other scenes, IMO).

And Rey doesn't just allow the hand-holding, she initiates it.

and @Rei of Sunshine -- thanks. 28/29... eh, close enough Wink
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 2:08 am

@special_cases

yes, that was a joke!!! Lolilol
Rian needed to clarify that later... Rolling Eyes

@nickandnora

I' personally don't think anything like that happened to be honest. I'm curious how you came to that conclusion- where did you posted that theory? In the predictions for 9 thread?
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 2:11 am

Omg the Finnrose affection scene is so adorable! I think they cut it because of pacing, the whole "disguising themselves in Fo uniform" probably took too long. That wouldve been a great little scene though to show Finns affection for Rose which he probably hasn't realised yet.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:38 am

They should have kept that FinnRose scene. It's only a few seconds and the kiss wouldn't have felt so sudden and like it came out of nowhere.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePancake on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:54 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@RosiePancake wrote:
@Saracene wrote:

@californiagirl

@Saracene

@RosiePancake

These people are terrible and dumb. Rey would have hit Finn like he was her little brother if he tried to mess with her hair, and Finn knows it.  But he has no such worries with Rose, nor should he ... because it is a different kind of relationship.

OTOH, Rey allows the tender hand-holding moment to happen with Kylo/Ben and gets in Kylo/Ben's personal space in the elevator and get overwhelmed by the sight of his chest and "I'm insane about you and want to have sex with you right now" look that Kylo/Ben gives her post-PG fight.  None of this would have happened with Finn ... because again, the relationship with Kylo/Ben is a different kind of relationship.
@SoloSideCousin

Absolutely agree bounce  bounce

anddd the bold part hehehe lol!
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:33 am

Oh god some of them think that Rose is a crazy obsessive fangirl just because at the beginning she admires Finn, a notorious hero of the Resistance. How dare she?! Mad
How FinnRose relationship can be considered unhealthy or toxic is beyond my understanding. They are so cute together, she's so sweet but strong at the same time and she can help Finn to be a better person.

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 7:28 pm

Oh, Rian... maybe you could ask Adam for some hair tips Laughing

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:54 am

One of the comments, though Very Happy
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:07 am

Rian liked last tweet Very Happy
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:18 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:Oh god some of them think that Rose is a crazy obsessive fangirl just because at the beginning she admires Finn, a notorious hero of the Resistance. How dare she?! Mad
How FinnRose relationship can be considered unhealthy or toxic is beyond my understanding. They are so cute together, she's so sweet but strong at the same time and she can help Finn to be a better person.
@cherrylipstick

Yeah, she "fangirls" over him for about 2 minutes before zapping his a** Laughing Laughing Laughing
I think it shows how strong of a character she is. No admiration or shyness preventing her from calling Finn out on what he's doing.

rewatching it now I love her character even more- and there are a few times where Finn looks at her with something that do implies romantic feelings. Even if it's very subtle. I missed it in the theatre to be honest because it was so overwhelming.

@californiagirl

diverse reactions are something most good stories has in common. Because they induce strong feelings...not everyone is comfortable with that. AND they are ambiguous because the story can be perceived differently depending on peoples own experience.

A bad story don't have haters because nobody gets invested enough for such a strong emotion.
For me personally a bad story is when I'm indifferent about it.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:47 am

For all the Brits and anyone who is still waiting for digital release, the director and the jedi is uploaded here

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gao2u

Pt2
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gao2t

Balance of the force
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gawe2

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:26 pm

@Riri wrote:For all the Brits and anyone who is still waiting for digital release, the director and the jedi is uploaded here

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gao2u

Pt2
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gao2t

Balance of the force
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gawe2
@Riri

Thanking yooooooou. I love you
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:40 pm

"Whenever you gamble, Lil' Kylo, eventually you lose."
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:16 pm

Rian liked this thread on Twitter about Ben Solo and the tragedy of the Skywalker family:

The self-fulfilling prophecy which RJ brought back again in TLJ with Ben/Luke continuously crops up in SW and is one of the reasons why this family is so tragic. Ben is shackled by the burdens of his family legacy and is in a way paying for the sins of his forefathers.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:07 pm

Well hopefully Ben breaks the curse of the family, otherwise it would be too tragic and bleak.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum