The Last Jedi General Discussion

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 15 May - 7:06

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Can I just say here - we need more people to appreciate Rose. Because she is to me the beating heart of this trilogy. This is the girl who has lost her entire family yet her love for them and the love she received from them stops her from becoming bitter and twisted. This is the girl who thinks saving abused animals is worth her life. This is the girl who believes that love is stronger than hate. If Kylo is forgiven, the first to forgive him will be Rose. If anyone will practically shove our star crossed lovers together, it will be Rose Tico.
@motherofpearl1

I actually hope that they write in some Rose and Ben interaction.  Those two could be funny together.  He towering over her in his intimidating black clothes and she not giving a damn and saying whatever she pleases. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 15 May - 11:09

@DeeBee wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Can I just say here - we need more people to appreciate Rose. Because she is to me the beating heart of this trilogy. This is the girl who has lost her entire family yet her love for them and the love she received from them stops her from becoming bitter and twisted. This is the girl who thinks saving abused animals is worth her life. This is the girl who believes that love is stronger than hate. If Kylo is forgiven, the first to forgive him will be Rose. If anyone will practically shove our star crossed lovers together, it will be Rose Tico.
@motherofpearl1

I've gotta run, but just wanted to say Yes!!!!! I'd love to look more at Rose - I'm up for this conversation! Maybe we could start a Rose thread in the IX section - it would be great to look more closely at her in TLJ and what's potentially in store for her in IX.
If no one else gets to it before I do I'll start one. See you there motherof pearl1 haaa Very Happy
@DeeBee

Hello again!
I've found there is an existing Finn and Rose thread in the IX section, maybe that's a place to discuss Rose?
Here's the link: http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t503-finn-and-rose-the-stormrose-thread
I'll get over there to comment as soon as I can. LOL hopefully before IX opens in theatres haaaaa..
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 15 May - 12:57

@DeeBee wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
@motherofpearl1

I've gotta run, but just wanted to say Yes!!!!! I'd love to look more at Rose - I'm up for this conversation! Maybe we could start a Rose thread in the IX section - it would be great to look more closely at her in TLJ and what's potentially in store for her in IX.
If no one else gets to it before I do I'll start one. See you there motherof pearl1 haaa Very Happy
@DeeBee

Hello again!
I've found there is an existing Finn and Rose thread in the IX section, maybe that's a place to discuss Rose?
Here's the link: http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t503-finn-and-rose-the-stormrose-thread
I'll get over there to comment as soon as I can. LOL hopefully before IX opens in theatres haaaaa..
@DeeBee

Thanks!!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 18 May - 1:19

hiya, I've been sharing a few databank updates across a few threads - so kind of Star wars to update when I had a morning off haaaa..
(See Kylo/Ben thread, Snoke Thread, Rey thread (in IX section), Luke thread and Finn thread)
Thought I'd share this update to Finn's entry here.. as I'm curious what you all make of it and what it means for Phasma- and will she be back in IX?
there's this in Finn's bio gallery:

source: https://www.starwars.com/databank/finn-biography-gallery
I found it curious how it doesn't say Phasma was killed..
I checked her entries on the databank and there are a couple of mentions how she 'fell in battle' - is that her literal fall? or her death??!!! whooooo what do you guys make of this?

So far Phasma's main page has been updated but not her gallery. will be interesting to see if they continue with this vague language!
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 18 May - 1:43

@DeeBee wrote:hiya, I've been sharing a few databank updates across a few threads - so kind of Star wars to update when I had a morning off haaaa..
(See Kylo/Ben thread, Snoke Thread, Rey thread (in IX section), Luke thread and Finn thread)
Thought I'd share this update to Finn's entry here.. as I'm curious what you all make of it and what it means for Phasma- and will she be back in IX?
there's this in Finn's bio gallery:

source: https://www.starwars.com/databank/finn-biography-gallery
I found it curious how it doesn't say Phasma was killed..
I checked her entries on the databank and there are a couple of mentions how she 'fell in battle' - is that her literal fall? or her death??!!! whooooo what do you guys make of this?

So far Phasma's main page has been updated but not her gallery. will be interesting to see if they continue with this vague language!
@DeeBee

I think it is very possible that Phasma is not dead actually. Like RJ said, she's the "Kenny" of the SW. (Kenny often dies in South Park, but then turns up alive in the next episode like nothing eve happened).

Her armor is made from the emperor's ship, so it should be able to stand a lot. She's a tough b**** with cool styling. I think LF likes Gwen. She had two lines in TLJ. Hux needs a partner when he tries to take down Ben.

So there's room for her to be there. She'll have three lines, a jacked up eye and may end up being taken out by Ben or by Finn, perhaps even saving Ben's life, lol. It's gonna be all crazy, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 18 May - 1:45

@DeeBee

Immediately after TLJ I was of the opinion that Phasma was dead, but now I've kind of come around to "No she's alive, just BBQ'ed like Anakin." My current working theory is that Hux is keeping her alive.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 18 May - 4:07

I hope she is alive and is given more to do.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 18 May - 4:56

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to mention the starwars databank has done a maaaajor update today - now updated for TLJ content (main entries and biography galleries) for the following characters: Finn, Rose, Poe, Hux, Leia, Luke (again), Snoke (again).. as well as Rey and Kylo (already mentioned in other threads). Happy days! bye!

edited to add: Phasma too!

edited to add 2:
@SoloSideCousin @nickandnora @bashfulblueeyes3 - Yeah I agree with you guys. We didn't have to wait long for Phasma's databank entry to get updated.. here is the gallery slide covering her fate:

source: https://www.starwars.com/databank/captain-phasma-biography-gallery
-she doesn't sound dead! lol!

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 18 May - 5:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 18 May - 7:24

I have a very strong feeling she is going to be back. In fact, I think it was the reason they changed her confrontation scene with Finn - she very obviously bought the farm in the original scene but the replacement is far more ambiguous. As SoloSideCousin said, her armour is made from a ship's hull, we already saw it deflect laser fire so I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see her return, and with a bigger role. She is after all SW's first major female villain and Gwen's a terrific actress.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 18 May - 8:04

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I have a very strong feeling she is going to be back. In fact, I think it was the reason they changed her confrontation scene with Finn - she very obviously bought the farm in the original scene but the replacement is far more ambiguous. As SoloSideCousin said, her armour is made from a ship's hull, we already saw it deflect laser fire so I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see her return, and with a bigger role. She is after all SW's first major female villain and Gwen's a terrific actress.
@motherofpearl1

I don't care to be honest- I would be glad for Gwendolyn Christi because I love her...but there're so many more interesting characters and stories to tell in IX than Phasma. Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Today at 0:55

I had a look to see where best to post this, general discussion seems kosher enough, but just wanted to share as this is a beautiful way to piece the Rey and Kylo scenes together. To me, it makes me focus enough more on the facial expressions and how magnetic Daisy and Adam are with each other on screen.

Creator is Shippingdelights on Tumblr.

https://vt.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_p5mjx8zkRA1rywyrz.mp4
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum