The Last Jedi General Discussion

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by rey09 on Sun 03 Jun 2018, 10:53 pm

@DeeBee wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:Hi all! reporting with an update on the content in TLJ novelisation directly related to reylo in the issue 2 of 6.
This issue opens with the FO attacking the resistance, with Kylo in his (Reylo) ship.. and finishes with the end of Luke's first force lesson with Rey.
A few little surprises not related to Reylo that I'll share in other threads.  
Here is the content directly related to reylo..[A word of caution - don't worry that Kylo's face is drawn in such a non-sympathetic way.. this is the case with lots of characters and not limited to Kylo] We get to see their first force bond scene as follows:

- I like how we get to see the other from the other's POV. - we see Rey surrounded by the FO room - as Kylo/Ben would have seen her. and vice versa. very cool.
That's it really from this issue. Thoughts anyone?

The next issue is released 6 June, 2018 - if anyone else feels like sharing the Reylo content in this issue feel free to - or I will share it when I get to read it.. bye!
@DeeBee

Thanks! And I agree I love how they show that. I hope JJ gives us more force bond scenes like that. Wild thought but it'd be cool if they had the background a mesh of both their environments to show how they are occupying a weird place in time and space.
@rey09

You're welcome!
Yeah I could see something like this - if in IX the force bond continues to strengthen.. it may be that their environments meld into the other's more.. I've been thinking lately about the Force Bond in IX and where it could be headed...

edited to add:
I meant to add - it's interesting the comic switched the order of events in this force bond moment..
in TLJ Rey shoots first.. then Kylo tries his little 'you will bring me skywalker' move that she resists..
This is very curious. I preferred when Rey shot first haaaaa.
@DeeBee

oo yea didn't even notice loll. Guess for page restrictions idk lol
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 3:47 am

I don't understand why in the comics do Kylo so ugly ...
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 7:14 am

The art could be better, I actually preferred the art for TFA.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 4:33 am

@giaciak2 wrote:I don't understand why in the comics do Kylo so ugly ...
@giaciak2

yeah be comforted giaciak2! The art in TLJ comic adaptation makes lots of the characters' faces ugly! lol.

check this out.. looks to me like they gave Leia a beard! rofl!

Leia was floating around in space so long- she has a three day growth!!! rofl!

At the same time - there are some positives I'm finding.
I love that the comic shows some new scenes, and some scenes are flipped in perspective (like we see Maz looking at the hologram of Finn, Poe and Rose)
Also, even if the faces are pretty wrong, some of the artwork is great - really creative and interesting..
here's a couple of random examples of artwork I loved:
Leia floating out into the battle..

Rose blasting Finn (it must be love haaa)..

I loved loved loved this artwork for the cave calling out to Rey while she is reaching out in the force during her first lesson with Luke!

(but I understand YMMV and some may not like lol)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 4:59 am

@DeeBee Thanks for sharing. Really Thanks!!! It is fantastic ! The images you shared and your interpretation are beautiful. I can ask you where I can find this book ?. Could you put the photo of the cover, please? In Italy there are few translated books. I saw that Poe Dameron's fumet was finally released in Italian. The number 1 ... Crying or Very sad
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 5:11 am

@giaciak2 wrote:@DeeBee  Thanks for sharing. Really Thanks!!! It is fantastic ! The images you shared and your interpretation are beautiful. I can ask you where I can find this book ?. Could you put the photo of the cover, please? In Italy there are few translated books. I saw that Poe Dameron's fumet was finally released in Italian. The number 1 ... Crying or Very sad
@giaciak2

Two have been released so far and you can read them on youtube for free. They are easy to find if you search by title..
but to get you started here is issue 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4N6Ny0oAec
and here is issue 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRLkPXLlfhs
Enjoy!

I think 3 of 6 is being released 6 June - whoa! that's tomorrow!
- not sure how long it takes for it to be shared on youtube. I'm curious to see how quickly they share it!

Whooo the Poe comic in italian?! Molto Bravo! Very Happy  we've been discussing the Poe comics in the general discussion thread in the takodana section - let us know if you find anything interesting! What do you call 'the force' in Italian?!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 5:52 am

I've seen better comics drawn by Reylos than the official ones Lucasfilm has released. Maybe they should hire those artists too Laughing
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 6:06 am

Yes...there is some incredible talent out there!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 11:40 pm

Luke and Leia's final scene together always reminded me of the poem 'Ulysses':

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 06 Jun 2018, 8:53 pm

Hello.. sharing this from the Takodana general discussion thread..
@Riri
-thanks Riri!
I'm just finishing reading this now..
Do people still want me to share the reylo bits here? I can if you like as I'm making copies of them for myself.. so just let me know. they are all covered by the links...

I'm finding the reylo bits ummm underwhelming.. no sexual tension in that second force bond scene - which I've always seen as the turning point where Rey begins to start questioning who Kylo/Ben is and gets curious..
However.. shirtless Kylo/Ben on Ahch-to is a treat haaaa.. but as if you'd leave out the line where Rey asks if he has a cowl or something he can put on? It's like the author has decided to blank out any sexual undertones that were going on. Meh!!
On the plus side, there are lots of treats related to Luke, Rose/Finn and I'm enjoying the force-centric content..

@Armadeus wrote:Luke and Leia's final scene together always reminded me of the poem 'Ulysses':

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
@Armadeus
Thanks so much for this Armadeus  - this is really beautiful!!!  *sigh*
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:29 am

Hi All, starwars.com is previewing a few articles from it's latest issue of star wars insider.
[https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-insider-181]
One is on the Last Jedi.. and looks really interesting - but there are a bunch of other articles too that have been previewed..

Love the choice of image! haaa..
I wish I could read the whole thing. If anyone gets access to it can they give us some highlights?
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 5:31 pm

As if I couldn’t love fathiers more. Funny because without a human next to it, you could believe its size is like a big dog’s size and not towering over people.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 5:54 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hi All, starwars.com is previewing a few articles from it's latest issue of star wars insider.
[https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-insider-181]
One is on the Last Jedi.. and looks really interesting - but there are a bunch of other articles too that have been previewed..

Love the choice of image! haaa..
I wish I could read the whole thing. If anyone gets access to it can they give us some highlights?
@DeeBee

So in the training footage they released prior to the movie, I always thought it so strange why she'd only use one arm to block all 3 Praetorian Guards and look like she was going to get over powered by them. I was like "silly girl, use the strength of both arms to push back against them".
Now I understand.... now I understand lol Pop corn
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 5:55 pm

@SheLitAFire -good one SheLitAFire!
[Love your new Avatar!!!!]
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 24 Jun 2018, 2:51 pm

Jenny has many porgs, so she judges them all. We really needed some more lighthearted SW thing.

She got the 5-foot porg off ebay after they were given as a raffle prize on Force Friday at Target. Which was when her porg obsession began, see here.

The best part was that Rian saw it too.

californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPorg on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 12:03 pm

I don’t know if this has been asked before, but does the Resistance know that Snoke is dead? I am thinking not. How would they have found out? From Rey? I don’t think she told anyone (yet).
PrincessPorg
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 1:14 pm

@PrincessPorg wrote:I don’t know if this has been asked before, but does the Resistance know that Snoke is dead? I am thinking not. How would they have found out? From Rey? I don’t think she told anyone (yet).
@PrincessPorg

I don't think they know. If Rey told them, she would have to tell them a lot more. I think that they will find out on the GFFA news, unless they are really off the grid or if Kylo hides his SL status.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 2:21 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@PrincessPorg wrote:I don’t know if this has been asked before, but does the Resistance know that Snoke is dead? I am thinking not. How would they have found out? From Rey? I don’t think she told anyone (yet).
@PrincessPorg

I don't think they know. If Rey told them, she would have to tell them a lot more. I think that they will find out on the GFFA news, unless they are really off the grid or if Kylo hides his SL status.
@SoloSideCousin

Exactly. If Rey tells them that Snoke is dead, she'll have to tell the Resistance how she knows that, which opens up a huge can of worms.

If we get the expected scenario where Hux places a bounty on Rey's head, then word will get out, and Rey is going to have a lot of explaining to do...including why she hadn't told anyone earlier.

I could see a scenario where she tells Leia some of the story in confidence, but I can't imagine her wanting to tell Finn, Poe, etc. what really went down (and why) on the Supremacy.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 11:52 am

Not a missive haul of behind the scenes pics but these made me smile. And I included one of Rey on Jakuu because the lighting is amazing.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lucasfilm-drops-bts-star-wars-pics-from-the-last-jedi-rogue-one-and-solo/#gallery-12

MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Comic Adaptation Issue 4 of 6

Post by DeeBee on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 5:07 am

HI Everyone, hang on to your hats.. clutch your pearls.. do what you've gotta do..
The last Jedi comic adaptation 4 of 6 has been released today!
This issue covers from Luke and Rey's fight on Ahch-to, to Snoke meeting Rey in the throne room..
I'll just share the Rey and Kylo stuff here..
Rey's arrival on the supremacy

'My Lord?!'

Then, Rey and Kylo in the elevator

What do you think?
For me, I see yet again the comic is really brushing over the sexual tension/romance!
Overall though, I think the artwork is getting a bit better.
I think the Yoda & Luke section on Ahch-to looks awesome.. really well done.. Maybe I'll get around to sharing that in the Luke thread sometime.. bye! sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated comment title)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 5:45 am

WOW !!!! This is fantastic. Does this cartoon end in this way? I would like to see how Kylo proposes himself.

I noticed two things in characterization of the characters.

Kylo, ​​is often very dark and not beautiful. His eyes are often rimmed in black. His lips are down. His nose is very pronounced.
He often has a small head. They are the characterizations of the bad characters.
My son is doing a comic course and is just studying the Disney characterizations.

...and here we are ....

In Figure 5 and 6 when they meet.

In the film TLJ - she has a very surprised, but also interested look. We understand that Rey likes to see Ben - I mean aesthetically. In the film, he looks at her as if he were a prince.
And - always in the film - as a prince appears before her in the clouds.
And if you look at Adam's expression when he sees Rey. He almost smiles, but it's a sweet smile. It seems that he really likes seeing Rey. . It is understood that he was waiting for her with a certain contained emotion.

Instead in the comic - she is surprised but frightened - figure 5

Kylo -ops - is no longer designed with an obscure - fugura 6 characterization.
Look at the eyes. Suddenly they are beautiful, they look like cat's eyes, they are well defined and the color is almost blue .... His eyes are no longer circled.
The proportions are good, it is no longer designed bad.

Back evil in Figure 8. See head-shoulders-body proportions. Eyes circled in black. But again in figure 9 - The shadows on his face lighten up.

In Figure 10 - when he says to Rey - I saw who your parents are - WOW- His face is almost completely clear and all the details of his face are well designed. His eyes in particular are very beautiful. And often beautiful is equal to good.

Other things I noticed. Figure 7. She has handcuffs but his hands are tight on one side. On the Rey side. In some ways they give me the feeling that Kylo would like to touch her.

IIn figure 9 she looks at him in an absolutely seductive way! It's official - Rey wants to flirt with him.

In Figure 12, I had noticed it in the film, but I adore that here they stop on that image. He touches her to let her in by Snoke. And 'one of his prisoner, could push it instead - puts a hand on his back - I would say that it is a gesture to reassure her like to saw he is there with her .... what do you think ?.

@DeeBee thank you so much for posting it. Please put everything you find.
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 9:08 am

I don't know if here is the best place to post it, or if someone else already posted it, but I'm shocked and amazed with this comparison. Rian is a genius.

I made a scene by scene parallel. It's really amazing.

Source: twitter, reddit
Atenais
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 4:01 am

@giaciak2 wrote:WOW !!!! This is fantastic. Does this cartoon end in this way? I would like to see how Kylo proposes himself.
@giaciak2

Hi giaciak2! I've shared any reylo content in issue 4 of the 6 part comic adaptation. The issue ends with the final image I shared. So we have to wait for issue 5 for the proposal I guess.. Issue 5 comes out 1 August. Stay tuned!

@giaciak2 wrote: I noticed two things in characterization of the characters.

Kylo, ​​is often very dark and not beautiful. His eyes are often rimmed in black. His lips are down. His nose is very pronounced.
He often has a small head. They are the characterizations of the bad characters.
My son is doing a comic course and is just studying the Disney characterizations.

...and here we are ....

In Figure 5 and 6 when they meet.

In the film TLJ - she has a very surprised, but also interested look. We understand that Rey likes to see Ben - I mean aesthetically. In the film, he looks at her as if he were a prince.
And - always in the film - as a prince appears before her in the clouds.
And if you look at Adam's expression when he sees Rey. He almost smiles, but it's a sweet smile. It seems that he really likes seeing Rey. . It is understood that he was waiting for her with a certain contained emotion.

Instead in the comic - she is surprised but frightened - figure 5

Kylo -ops - is no longer designed with an obscure - fugura 6 characterization.
Look at the eyes. Suddenly they are beautiful, they look like cat's eyes, they are well defined and the color is almost blue .... His eyes are no longer circled.
The proportions are good, it is no longer designed bad.

Back evil in Figure 8. See head-shoulders-body proportions. Eyes circled in black. But again in figure 9 - The shadows on his face lighten up.

In Figure 10 - when he says to Rey - I saw who your parents are - WOW- His face is almost completely clear and all the details of his face are well designed. His eyes in particular are very beautiful. And often beautiful is equal to good.

Other things I noticed. Figure 7. She has handcuffs but his hands are tight on one side. On the Rey side. In some ways they give me the feeling that Kylo would like to touch her.

IIn figure 9 she looks at him in an absolutely seductive way! It's official - Rey wants to flirt with him.

In Figure 12, I had noticed it in the film, but I adore that here they stop on that image. He touches her to let her in by Snoke. And 'one of his prisoner, could push it instead - puts a hand on his back - I would say that it is a gesture to reassure her like to saw he is there with her .... what do you think ?.

@DeeBee thank you so much for posting it. Please put everything you find.
@giaciak2
I don't know.. I think they've downplayed the flirting.. there is IMHO no emphasis on it - the sexual tension was skipped in the shirtless forcebond scene too so I see a pattern. But - if you see it there then that's awesome - enjoy! tee hee

About the bolded- I do like the hand on her back. A rare moment where Kylo/Ben touches her. Was there any other time he touched her and instigated it? I can't think of any other moment! Any other touch was Rey's instigation I think... Anyone?

Here's the link to the youtube vid of issue 4 if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a-n2JJ1uo8
I loved the Yoda content. So beautiful.
bye! sunny

edited to add:
I've just been taking a closer look at issue 4 - and thought I'd share a quirky little something that's non reylo..
Here are the panels where Finn, Rose and DJ are found by Phasma on the Supremacy:

Why quirky?
It looks like the writer has inserted another 'I've got a bad feeling about this' reference!!! This time spoken by Finn.
This was not in the movie (I checked tee hee).

[gif not mine..click on image for source]
Love this!! sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 2:24 pm

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 2:34 pm

I saw this and I can’t stop laughing. Kylux is canon!
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum