The Last Jedi General Discussion

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 2:50 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just read an article in which a journalist described several points which proved Rian wasn't completely altering in TLJ what JJ began in TFA. He mentioned that Luke's reaction to seeing Rey at the end heralded his behaviour towards her and the dark secret which explained his choosing to exile himself, as well as it was 'obvious' Rey's parents weren't going to be very important as Maz herself stressed that the belonging she sought  lay ahead not behind her.
But when he claimed Rey's belonging was represented by the Resistance, which were now her family, I think he was mistaken. I'll never forget the sad look on her face as she watched Finn tending Rose. She very obviously envied what they had found in each other.

Even among friends Rey seemed isolated. Because let's face it, none of the Resistance are Force sensitive except Leia. And with Leia gone, Rey has no one to understand. Except the man who's on the opposite side. In her way she's as lonely as Ben Solo.
@motherofpearl1

I've found that a lot of males think that Rey has everything she needs in the Resistance at the end of TLJ. Maybe it takes seeing with the female gaze to recognize (and empathize with?) her loneliness and isolation? I don't know--the look on her face seemed to communicate her isolation so clearly to me that I can't understand how people miss it.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Gemini on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 3:04 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Gemini Have you seen the description of it on the Mondo website? They even use the words "infamous thigh grab" in it!
@KiraRen2015

He grabs her thigh?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 3:08 pm

@Gemini Lol no. The "thigh grab" has been the term for that scene (mostly by Reylos) because when she jumps on his back to kick the guard, she grabs his leg. It's just nice to see that referenced by an article I guess.

The painting itself is beautiful! Too bad it's only available at Texas Comic Con. I hope there'll be some available online afterwards.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm

I really like Kylo Ren with his hair all over his face!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 4:30 pm

@KiraRen2015 wrote:@Gemini Lol no. The "thigh grab" has been the term for that scene (mostly by Reylos) because when she jumps on his back to kick the guard, she grabs his leg. It's just nice to see that referenced by an article I guess.

The painting itself is beautiful! Too bad it's only available at Texas Comic Con. I hope there'll be some available online afterwards.
@KiraRen2015

Lol, I never saw that! I'll look out for it.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum