The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:09 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@giaciak2 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:Kylo has rejected his family and now wants a person , Rey wants a belonging, a figure. Kylo offers her a belonging but she refuses. She found Han, but he dies, Luke but he dies and the cause is always Kylo because Kylo is the belonging that she always wanted. Rey took everything from kylo, but even kylo took everything from her in some way.
@Teo Oswald

Beautiful statement Teo.Please, tell me more. What do you think Kylo took?
@giaciak2

how I interpreted it, kylo invaded the mind of Rey he saw inside her head and this thing I interpreted as a theft
he saw her secrets , her most vulnerable moments , he also saw her parents, he saw them dead, even the first time that Rey saw him shirtless, a man it's her first time since we know , he is the first person who made her cry. kylo has taken so much from rey . someone said that they had sexual relations through force, with their minds, anyway this is from the mental point of view Smile from the physical point of view he will get there ... I hope so Smile Smile
@Teo Oswald

Interesting. Thumbs up I would like to elaborate on what the two may have exchanged in addition to the romantic interest.
From what I saw.
He fell in love with her for her power in strength and her loneliness.(In addition to the physical appearance)
She has found the power of Kylo and has understood that he is the only one able to understand her. Besides being the only one who continues to offer her everything she needs, he offered himself as a teacher, offered himself as friend ( when she listened to him after the cave scene), he offered himself like a companion when she sought membership (appartenenza).
In your opinion there will be a moment when she will offer it something ?. Or will she be passive, waiting for him change?
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 4:25 pm

@giaciak2

Kylo has seen in Rey himself, a person who has been abandoned by his parents. He understands her
  because he feel the same things. now he is alone with a mentor but alone without emotional ties, he is in front of this girl who has a situation similar to his and not only, is strong with the Force . she is a beacon that calls him, he is intrigued by her, both for her power but also for the background that she has
from this springs his need to have her with him, because she is the only one who understand him, that's why we only see kylo making the offer, it's him who needs it

I am of the idea that seeing how these two young souls lost so equal and so intimately linked , can give and take from each other. Rey is currently waiting for Ben, not kylo. when Ben will make the right choice, Rey will act consenduously. She knows what he needs because it's the same that she wants, so...even Rey will offer something to Ben
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 10 Mar 2018, 12:44 am

Here are few thoughts regarding the TLJ novelization. The quotes below, for me at least, are clues to who Rey really is. Also, on a side note, I have a theory/speculation, inspired by the series finale of Rebels that I will post soon . I’m just working it out in my head.

——-
“He’d simultaneously seen Ben as his last link to his past on Tatooine and as the teacher who’d help him navigate the future. Without him, he’d been unmoored and adrift.”

If Rey is of Kenobi lineage, this line has deeper meaning. Luke thinks of Kenobi as a guide. Obi-Wan is the catalyst who helped to steer Luke back on track. Rey also does this. She gives Luke the final push to finish what he started.
——-
“The Resistance sent me,” Rey said.
“They sent you? What’s special about you? Jedi lineage? Royalty?”

Luke’s first impression of Rey was that she was of royalty and/or Jedi lineage. Curious assumption on his part since first impressions and assumptions are based, in part, on familiarity. Something about Rey led him to this thought. Maybe it’s a sly hint at who she really is...
——-
“Marking each night with a new scratch in the metal, until she was surrounded by thousands of gouges. There had been too many to sensibly mark time, but that had long ago ceased to be the point. The rows upon rows of slashes had become something else, but she didn’t know what. A testament to her insistence that this vigil had a purpose, maybe. Or perhaps a ritual to hold back the solitude that was always at work on her”

This goes back to a previous post I did regarding the screen grab below. I noted a similarity in Rey’s ritual marking on the AT-AT wall and the “ritual” tally marks Mandalorians make to mark their victories. It’s ingrained into their culture and very being. Their stubbornness if you will. The victory tally, made famous by Boba Fett’s armor in the OT, is usually associated with Mandos in the SW universe. Rey’s daily ritual is, in essence, an echo of who she really is.

Excerpts From
The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Star Wars)
Jason Fry
This material may be protected by copyright.

Last edited by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 10 Mar 2018, 10:01 am

Yeah, more and more I'm thinking that Rey is in fact Obi-wan's "secret" granddaughter (and, it would seem, secret princess), which I think is about as perfect a reveal as you can get (even though I liked the "no one" thing).

My idea is that somehow Ben finds out about this (I recall mentioning in another thread that I think Obi-wan's ghost might pay Ben a visit) and then Ben tells Rey who she actually is and where she's from, and they part ways and he basically leaves the choice as to what to do up to her. Ultimately though, I think (at least in this series) she chooses to return to Ben instead of immediately going out to seek her "family" (because I think at that point she will realize that Ben is her family, Ben is her home). *But* at the same time that leaves it totally open for there to be Rey/Ben/kids family adventures in a future spin-off where they go to Mandalore together somewhere down the line. Just not in these films (which is fine by me).

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:25 am

Okay, so here’s the new theory I promised.  It centers around Ezra Bridger (from SW Rebels) and his fate in the series finale. It also ties into a couple of theories I posted, about a year ago, regarding Rey’s parentage,  abduction and subsequent abandonment on Jakku. Before I get into my speculation regarding  Ezra and his (hypothetical) connection to Rey, let me give you a brief recap of my previous theories...

Note: If anyone needs me to elaborate on the theories below please let me know.

1. Rey’s Parents are Sabine Wren (SW Rebels) and Korkie Kryze (CW). This theory is based on the mythology behind Sabine’s name and her gradual change in appearance (...and I’m not talking about her hair) over the course of the show’s four year run. I’m assuming it was done for some narrative detail change. The original casting call for Rey was open or for someone of mixed race. But in the end DR was cast. If she was always planned to be Rey’s mother it makes sense that her appearance would change slightly depending on who was cast as her daughter, Rey.

2. King Prana is the mastermind behind Rey’s abduction. This theory is based off the loose plot point in TFA when Han is smuggling Rathtars for Prana. As well as the concept art below. The art, which I always assumed was for Rebels or a future tv series/film in the works (it is shown in the Mando heavy Rebels Recon episodes), shows what appears to be Mandalorian figures and a creature that resembles a Mythosaur (a sacred animal to the Mandalorians and a symbol of the ruler or Mandalor). King Prana is an obsessed collector of expensive and dangerous beasts. I theorized that he orchestrated a kidnapping and ransom to obtain the Mythosaur, which ends badly, leading to Rey’s abandonment.

Now, on to Ezra Bridger. Season 4 ends with Ezra vanishing into the unknown. He tells Sabine that he is counting on her. She assumes he is counting on her to wait for him and take care of Lothal (his home planet) until he returns. Five years pass before she realizes that he was counting on her to find him. She and Ahsoka then embark on a journey to locate Ezra. Five years is a very long time to wait for someone. Especially for someone who is lost. It’s enough time for despair, anger and resentment set in. Especially if Ahsoka and Sabine never complete their journey. This would crush Ezra and lead him to feel abandoned by the rebellion and his adopted family (Ghost crew) that he loved so dearly and fought for. The character DJ (Don’t Join), in TLJ, who I theorize is an older, very jaded Ezra, feels that both the Resistance and the First Order are meat grinders who don’t value those who fight for them. What if Ezra’s anger and feelings of abandonment consumed him so much that he wanted revenge? An eye for an eye so to speak. He made a deal with Prana to kidnap Rey but instead of killing her, he abandoned her and wiped her memories (Ezra is very good at mind tricks by the way). Her family would think she was dead and therefore not look for her. It would also fulfill the foreshadowing throughout Rebels that Ezra would eventually succumb to the darkness.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 9:10 am

Neat ideas, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I definitely see the writing on the wall that Korkie Kryze is Obi-wan and Satine's son. It's simple, the timelines work out, they've obscured just enough of his background, his appearance is apt, etc. Therefore, he's essentially the prime candidate for Rey's father if one subscribes to the Rey Kenobi theory. I didn't know anything about this Sabine Wren thing though. That's interesting.

I think the main thing I struggle with is how to go about a reveal of this magnitude without it taking up the whole movie, and/or not having it seem trite and kind of like "... what?" I suspect flashbacks are going to play a big part in IX, even moreso than TLJ (I just KNOW we're going to see a huge Ben flashback circa age 10), but they have to strike a good balance and make it so it's not clunky. Obi-wan force ghost confessional is one of the biggest ways I see this happening where Rey is concerned as I mentioned above, but I bet they'll just stick to the main facts that are important for the purposes of this film itself.

One thing I suspect (if any of this is true) is that Rey's mother is dead but her father is alive. Partly because I think Rey's emphasis has always been on finding a father figure (less so a mother figure), so her father being alive will be a great temptation to her. But I just don't see her choosing to find him in these films. I think she'll just want to begin her life with Ben before she deals with any of that. I strongly believe that will be her choice, which will be profound.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:19 am

One thing I suspect (if any of this is true) is that Rey's mother is dead but her father is alive. Partly because I think Rey's emphasis has always been on finding a father figure (less so a mother figure), so her father being alive will be a great temptation to her. But I just don't see her choosing to find him in these films. I think she'll just want to begin her life with Ben before she deals with any of that. I strongly believe that will be her choice, which will be profound.”
@nickandnora

I definitely agree with you on Rey’s mother. Her search for a father is much more pronounced in the films. Also, when Rey approaches the dark mirror in TLJ, there is a female voice calling her name. It’s eerily similar to TFA when Obi-Wan calls to her. Could this voice be Rey’s mother trying to reach her through the veil? As for her family and episode 9, I am torn. I like your idea that the audience will discover who Rey really is, but her discovery of them will be left for a future trilogy. On the same note I would love to see the Mandos in episode 9 and have them be a big part of the story. Once the final casting announcements are made and filming starts this summer (...and the inevitable leaks) we may have more of an idea about which direction JJ/LF will go.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 2:34 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:One thing I suspect (if any of this is true) is that Rey's mother is dead but her father is alive. Partly because I think Rey's emphasis has always been on finding a father figure (less so a mother figure), so her father being alive will be a great temptation to her. But I just don't see her choosing to find him in these films. I think she'll just want to begin her life with Ben before she deals with any of that. I strongly believe that will be her choice, which will be profound.”
@nickandnora

I definitely agree with you on Rey’s mother. Her search for a father is much more pronounced in the films. Also, when Rey approaches the dark mirror in TLJ, there is a female voice calling her name. It’s eerily similar to TFA when Obi-Wan calls to her. Could this voice be Rey’s mother trying to reach her through the veil? As for her family and episode 9, I am torn. I like your idea that the audience will discover who Rey really is, but her discovery of them will be left for a future trilogy. On the same note I would love to see the Mandos in episode 9 and have them be a big part of the story. Once the final casting announcements are made and filming starts this summer (...and the inevitable leaks) we may have more of an idea about which direction JJ/LF will go.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hmmmm... I have an idea. I think there is going to be enough of a time-jump between TLJ and IX where the Resistance will gain covert support again. Perhaps Mandalore will actually reach out to the Resistance/Rey and we will actually see Rey interacting with her birth father, without either of them knowing who the other is. Then, elsewhere, Ben is having his long, long, LONG dark night of the soul and (this is one of my own theories, not based on much) one of the "ghosts of the past" who visits him is Obi-wan. And Obi-wan tells him about his son and Rey's heritage. That way it's not so, "wait... who?" to the audience. We'd be witnessing Rey actually interacting with her real father and not knowing it (third time's a charm, right; t's not Han or Luke... it's this other guy, lol) while Obi-wan is referencing him.

I feel very, very strongly about Kylo/Ben possessing this information, telling Rey he possesses it and leaving it completely 100% up to Rey as to what to do. I think it's just one aspect of the whole "unselfish love" thing that's going to occur with Ben in IX. I think they're going to let each other go for a time only to mutually choose to find each other again. That's beautiful, needed, and very "healthy" I think.

I wonder if Rey's (hypothetical Kenobi offspring) father even knows he has a daughter.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 12:50 am

Okay, so I have a few thoughts regarding the whereabouts of Rey’s (theoretical) father, Korkie Kryze, in between ROTS and ANH as well as the Obi-Wan spinoff film.

First, Korkie. He is the heir apparent to the Mandalorian throne who seemingly vanished after Maul and the Death Watch toppled Satine’s reign. We know Bo-Katan (Satine’s sister) was placed as Regent of Mandalore by the Jedi. What if the Jedi/Republic were keeping Korkie hidden and granted him political asylum until Death Watch and Maul were ousted? After Order 66, what if Korkie’s fortunes changed? He became a political prisoner of the Empire instead and used as leverage to keep Bo-Katan and the Mandalorians in line.  When Bo-Katan refused to obey the Empire, Korkie was disappeared to an imperial prison or even forced to work for the Empire. Especially if it was discovered that he was Force sensitive, I can see the Emperor exploiting his abilities.

That being said I’m wondering if the Obi-Wan spinoff will somehow tie into Korkie’s misfortune. Perhaps the story will be inspired by the (Legends) novel The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission where Obi-Wan actually leaves Tatooine briefly after hearing a rumor that Ferus Olin is alive and being hunted by the Empire. In legends Ferus is a Jedi that Obi-Wan considered as a second apprentice. At first Obi-Wan is hesitant to leave, fearing for Luke’s safety. Qui-Gon’s spirit appears to him and reassures Obi-Wan that he will watch over Luke. If the spinoff does follow the basic plot from the Legends novel and Obi-Wan does go looking for Korkie (his son), it will give the story a deep emotional impact as well as give Obi-Wan a justifiable reason, in the audiences eyes, to temporarily leave his guard post.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm

You know what I'm more interested in? If these two people supposedly "conceived" Rey, under what context were they together? Do I understand it correctly that Korkie is basically royalty and Sabine is a rebel free spirit kind of person? If so, they'd basically be like Han and Leia 2.0. But were they married, or are they married still? Did they just have a "fling"? Is one of them dead? Both of them?

Do you know what's (weirdly) the most convoluted selling point to me that Sabine Wren is Rey's mother? Her last name, and the mirroring, ie. Wren = Ren. Like... has anyone else noticed the strange potential in that mirroring? Did Rey identify by her mother's last name?

Guys, I'm just going to say it even though it sounds wacky: Was Rey's birthname "Kyla Wren"? (at the very least, you have to admit to me that a man named "Korkie Kryze" wouldn't be above naming his daughter "Kyla" to keep the K's in the family)

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:52 pm

Her original name was supposed to be Kira. Maybe Rey's real name will be revealed in episode 9? And maybe her birth name is actually Kira?

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 9:14 pm

@Apriljandy wrote:Her original name was supposed to be Kira. Maybe Rey's real name will be revealed in episode 9? And maybe her birth name is actually Kira?
@Apriljandy
I thought about that, but the reason I think not is that Emilia Clarke's character in the "Solo" movie is named "Qi'Ra" which I assume is pronounced the same.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:56 am

The Han Solo movie could provide us with important information regarding Rey's past. Emilia Clarke's character was rumored to be connected to Rey, and could possibly be her mother. I don't know what role QiRa will play in the movie but im betting she used to be an old love interest of Han's. And woudn't it be so poetic if their children, in Ben and Rey, ended up instead.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 8:13 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Here are few thoughts regarding the TLJ novelization. The quotes below, for me at least, are clues to who Rey really is. Also, on a side note, I have a theory/speculation, inspired by the series finale of Rebels that I will post soon . I’m just working it out in my head.

——-
“He’d simultaneously seen Ben as his last link to his past on Tatooine and as the teacher who’d help him navigate the future. Without him, he’d been unmoored and adrift.”

If Rey is of Kenobi lineage, this line has deeper meaning. Luke thinks of Kenobi as a guide. Obi-Wan is the catalyst who helped to steer Luke back on track. Rey also does this. She gives Luke the final push to finish what he started.
——-
“The Resistance sent me,” Rey said.
“They sent you? What’s special about you? Jedi lineage? Royalty?”

Luke’s first impression of Rey was that she was of royalty and/or Jedi lineage. Curious assumption on his part since first impressions and assumptions are based, in part, on familiarity. Something about Rey led him to this thought. Maybe it’s a sly hint at who she really is...
——-
“Marking each night with a new scratch in the metal, until she was surrounded by thousands of gouges. There had been too many to sensibly mark time, but that had long ago ceased to be the point. The rows upon rows of slashes had become something else, but she didn’t know what. A testament to her insistence that this vigil had a purpose, maybe. Or perhaps a ritual to hold back the solitude that was always at work on her”

This goes back to a previous post I did regarding the screen grab below. I noted a similarity in Rey’s ritual marking on the AT-AT wall and the “ritual” tally marks Mandalorians make to mark their victories. It’s ingrained into their culture and very being. Their stubbornness if you will. The victory tally, made famous by Boba Fett’s armor in the OT, is usually associated with Mandos in the SW universe. Rey’s daily ritual is, in essence, an echo of who she really is.

Excerpts From
The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Star Wars)
Jason Fry
This material may be protected by copyright.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Also...interestingly enough, was Obi-wan not on Tatooine for....., wait for it....19 years? Same age as Rey, granted we don't know if she lived all of her 19 years there on Jakku.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 8:25 am

@Apriljandy wrote:The Han Solo movie could provide us with important information regarding Rey's past. Emilia Clarke's character was rumored to be connected to Rey, and could possibly be her mother. I don't know what role QiRa will play in the movie but im betting she used to be an old love interest of Han's. And woudn't it be so poetic if their children, in Ben and Rey, ended up instead.
@Apriljandy

I think QiRa is said to be childhood friends with Han. I will see if I can source this info.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 04 May 2018, 7:45 pm

I just watched the Forces of Destiny episode “Art History”. The short follows Sabine and her brother on a mission to liberate a Mandalorian monument that’s being defaced by the Empire. The monument in question is a statue of Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian Jedi. Not only was he a Jedi but he was also the ruler of his people. (Note: This was 1000+ years before the Jedi had all of their crazy dogmatic rules and were more concerned about actual balance.)

Sooo, a Force sensitive Mandalor, huh? I’m wondering if this is foreshadowing a future Force sensitive ruler with close (blood) ties to the Jedi? Korkie Kryze perhaps? What if this statue has significance for future storylines as well? I can see Sabine bringing a reluctant Korkie to see this statue to try and help him make peace with who he is.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 05 Aug 2018, 12:05 am

Hi All! It’s been...a while. I have a few random thoughts/theories that I’ve been sitting on for the past month. I’ll share in the next few days once I’ve coherently organized them. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 5:50 pm

Post 1 of 2:

So, I found this little gem today. Let’s hope it’s true!

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/rumor-live-action-star-wars-series-to-be-about-mandalorians-after-the-fall-of-the-empire/

This MSW article is perfect because it goes along with my thoughts regarding the state of Mandalore post Imperial rule. I think Korkie will have returned home by the time the events of ROTJ take place. But instead of joining in the ongoing clan skirmishes he hides his identity and lives on the outskirts of Mandalorian society. Refusing to become involved. I can see his situation become dire when he is discovered by a rival clan and ends up becoming a target for assassination. What if Ahsoka and Sabine are called in by Bo-Katan to protect him? The scenario would be a mirror of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan’s story when they were called to Mandalore to protect Duchess Satine.

Also, another thought, what if Korkie is hiding more than his identity? What if he’s hiding a creature that is thought to be extinct on Mandalore? The ultimate symbol of power in Mando society. A mythosaur! That being said, I think the new series will revolve around Korkie and his journey. Just like Rebels focus was on Ezra and the impact of his journey on the people around him.

I’m super excited about the possibility of a live action series revolved around Mandalore. It will give the audience a chance to delve into their history, culture, religion and character backstories. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 8:21 pm

Post 2 of 2:

Here’s a few thoughts/theories regarding episode IX based on a line of dialogue from Rose in TLJ. Here’s the quote:

“That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, but saving what we love."
-Rose Tico

1. I’m thinking the Mandalorians will only get involved in the war with the FO once they learn that Rey is still alive. The Mandos are very family centric and are more than willing to fight for those they love. Maybe there will be a possible call-back to the SW Rebels episode Zero Hour (Part 2) when Ursa Wren tells a pleading Ezra, “Bridger and his friends restored my daughter to me, and that is a debt worth repaying.”

2. I know there is a debate amongst Reylo fans as to whether Rey or Kylo will sacrifice themselves to save the other. But, what if it’s Leia who sacrifices herself to save her son? In turn redeeming her past mistakes as well as Ben’s. Also, since the Kenobi’s are good at mind tricks, I can see Korkie wiping Ben’s mind to help him forget his painful past. In a way it would be a symbolic killing of Kylo Ren and resurrection of Ben Solo.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 5:00 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Post 1 of 2:

So, I found this little gem today. Let’s hope it’s true!

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/rumor-live-action-star-wars-series-to-be-about-mandalorians-after-the-fall-of-the-empire/

This MSW article is perfect because it goes along with my thoughts regarding the state of Mandalore post Imperial rule. I think Korkie will have returned home by the time the events of ROTJ take place. But instead of joining in the ongoing clan skirmishes he hides his identity and lives on the outskirts of Mandalorian society. Refusing to become involved. I can see his situation become dire when he is discovered by a rival clan and ends up becoming a target for assassination. What if Ahsoka and Sabine are called in by Bo-Katan to protect him? The scenario would be a mirror of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan’s story when they were called to Mandalore to protect Duchess Satine.

Also, another thought, what if Korkie is hiding more than his identity? What if he’s hiding a creature that is thought to be extinct on Mandalore? The ultimate symbol of power in Mando society. A mythosaur! That being said, I think the new series will revolve around Korkie and his journey. Just like Rebels focus was on Ezra and the impact of his journey on the people around him.

I’m super excited about the possibility of a live action series revolved around Mandalore. It will give the audience a chance to delve into their history, culture, religion and character backstories. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

I like your thoughts and how you stay positive about Mandalore Very Happy . Before the start of the season 4 of Rebels, I was excited to see Mandalore and particularly Korkie again. But you know how it turned. Now I don't have high hope for Mandalore in Ep.9 or anything regarding Korkie. I think we will be lucky if he has a cameo in the 'Siege of Mandalore' from TCW.

On another subject, when I saw Solo I thought of a theory you could like. I'm not sure if to call it far-fetched or tinfoil but technically it is not impossible.
We know that at the end of the movie Qi'ra joined Maul. We know Maul had conflicts with Obi-wan and Mandalore, and if Korkie is Obi-wan's son, that makes him a double target for Maul. Maybe Maul send Qi'ra to kill him, but they fell in love and she got pregnant. To get revenge, Maul put her in carbonite and she was only free several years later, alone, without money and powerless. Her child was now a burden and she sold her on a desert planet. Here we have Rey Kenobi.

It is strange, but it is still better than Rey as daughter of Qi'ra and Han Solo.
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:43 am

I'll take it.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 1:09 am

I like the Qi'ra-Korkie-Rey theory. But i would rather that Qi'ra died at the hands of thieves and Rey taken from her and those said thieves were the one who sold her to Plutt. It could also explain why Rey has the heart of a survivor and a very kind and compassionate one. She got it from her momma.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:48 am

@Apriljandy wrote:I like the Qi'ra-Korkie-Rey theory. But i would rather that Qi'ra died at the hands of thieves and Rey taken from her and those said thieves were the one who sold her to Plutt. It could also explain why Rey has the heart of a survivor and a very kind and compassionate one. She got it from her momma.
@Apriljandy

It could also work, but it is so sad, either way Qi'ra has a tragic ending. It could also deepen the bond between Han and Rey. With Solo, we know he saw a young himself in Rey, but he could have seen his friend and first love too. There is also the parallel; Rey is similar to Han, father of Kylo, and Kylo is similar to Qi'ra, (maybe) mother of Rey.
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:03 pm

I think we have a Mandalorian Protector in the new Resistance tv series. Sooo interesting...So many new theories forming. I will share in the next day or two. I just need to unpack this new info.  cheers  

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:14 pm

Okay, so, I need to get this theory off my chest because it’s the first thought that popped into my head after watching the Resistance trailer. It’s concerning the difference in color of the above posted Protector symbols. My thoughts are that the red (mythosaur?) on Fenn Rau’s indicates a dead monarch. However, white might indicate a living monarch, as well as represent the colors of said monarch’s clan/House. Blue and white are the colors of clan Kryze.

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum