The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:20 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore

Good theory! Korkie would be 60-65 years old, right? He could still be alive.

We were expecting Mandalore with the TV serie, but it was Resistance which delivered. What a day!
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:48 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@TheBastardofMandalore

We were expecting Mandalore with the TV serie, but it was Resistance which delivered. What a day!
@LadyGaufrette

Yes, this is super exciting. I agree with your estimate of Korkie’s age. 65 would fit with SW canonical timeline that we know so far. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 12:54 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:@TheBastardofMandalore

@LadyGaufrette

Yes, this is super exciting. I agree with your estimate of Korkie’s age. 65 would fit with SW canonical timeline that we know so far. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

Well, I put him at 15 years old during TCW until we have more information. (I'm counting on you Claudia Gray and on your 'Master and Apprentice')
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:30 pm

Okay, so here’s the remainder of the theories I promised last Friday after the Resistance trailer dropped. I was just waiting for a bit more information before posting. Thank you Star Wars Show. Wink

So, I’m  wondering if Suzie McGrath’s character, Tam Ryvora, is going to be the resident Mandalorian of the new series. If so, I have two theories as to why a Mandalorian Protector would be living on a Outer Rim refueling platform. First, she’s on a reconnaissance mission. Like Kaz, she too has been stationed as a spy to gain intel on the First Order and assess any threats they might pose to Mandalore. Second, she is in exile (self imposed or otherwise), like Sabine Wren in Rebels before her, she has something shameful to hide. Maybe she failed her duties as a Protector. What if Rey’s abduction was a result of her failure? Personally, I’m leaning towards the former since we don’t know the character’s age. For all we know she’s not much older than Rey.

With all that said, I’m wondering if Naomi Ackie is going to be playing the live action Tam Ryvora in episode 9. What if the beginning of episode 9 opens with the Falcon undergoing repairs on the Colossus (the Outer Rim refueling station)? If Rey has a chance meeting with Tam and is recognized as the lost daughter of the Mandalor, then this scenario would bring the Mandos into the storyline very quickly.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm

Hello all,

I'm so glad to see people posting on this thread again!

Firstly, I don't know that we necessarily need to look for clues in TLJ or anywhere else.  I don't think that Rian Johnson looked at clues in TFA and then decided where to take things.  I think he had an idea - that Rey's lineage doesn't actually matter - and he made sure nothing in TFA explicitly contradicted that.

Similarly, if JJ originally had the idea that Rey is a Kenobi and wanted to make it happen in Episode IX, I think he would find a way to do it, and he would make sure it didn't explicitly contradict TLJ, or anything else canon.  Could this be done convincingly?  I think it could, but it has to mean something to the story.

We don't see definitive proof in TLJ that Rey's parents were junkers.  We see that Kylo Ren says it's so and Rey at least partially believes it's so.  I do think Kylo believes it as well.  But it also serves his purpose - to make Rey let go of the past to embrace a future with him, with her taking HIS hand.  It also serves Rian Johnson's purpose - to make the audience stop obsessing about her lineage.

But Rey rejects his hand, and in doing so, it could also be said that she rejects his idea of who her parents are.

I think that JJ likes crowd pleasing moments.  The Falcon reveal, the Han/Chewie reveal, the lightsaber flying into Rey's hand... We're going to see more of these.   We already have indications that Lando's going to show up.

So... if J.J. is a Rey Kenobi guy, how could he make it happen?  

I think the best way is not through a force ghost reveal.  The best way is by involving Korkie Kryze into the story.  And the way to do that is to make the movie at least partially Mandalore based.  A showdown between the First Order and the rebuilt resistance over a divided Mandalore is a great way to do that.  Here's my idea full of crowd pleasers:

Showdown over Mandalore > Rey on Mandalore & Kylo on Mandalore > They run into Ahsoka Tano (crowd pleaser #1) who figures out who Rey is and brings her to Korkie (crowd pleaser #2), where her lineage is revealed as he explains why she was kidnapped - because she's a prime candidate to unite Mandalore.  This thrusts her into a central role in stopping the conflict by uniting the Mandalorians.  And learning Ahsoka's story gets Kylo on board with stopping the Wars.

To me, if we want to bring Rey & Kylo together, they have to unite somehow.    I don't think either one is going to switch sides.  They have to come together, to say 'NO, we are not going to be force-sensitive weapons of war'  That make sense because this is the final episode of the 9 film series.  It has to be an end to 'Star Wars'.  I think war-torn Mandalore is a great setting for that.  I think Ahsoka can be brought in as an example of a force sensitive warrior that said no to being a weapon of war.  And that's what Luke was preaching too.

When Rey and Kylo have successfully ended the war, that's a good time for force ghost Obi-wan to show up to Rey.  (Crowd pleaser!)  Force ghost Anakin too (crowd pleaser).  It's the resolution of the central conflict of the PT (Anakin vs. Obiwan).  Their grandchildren come together and stop the galaxy from falling into the same pattern all over again.  And though I think the DJ=Ezra thing was debunked by Pablo or somebody, I also think it fits into the story because he too is an advocate of not becoming a weapon of either side.

So yeah, I don't know if that's the kind of thing J.J. is into, but if he is, I think it could totally be done.  We've got the 'her lineage doesn't matter' thing, which is great, but I also think that 'her lineage is poetic in the events of the series ending' on top of that is a fine idea

Last edited by fuhry on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left the end of the sentence off.)
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 4:41 pm

@fuhry

Yay! So glad you’re back! Waves

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Fri 24 Aug 2018, 8:29 am

fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Well, he's not Thrawn, so....

Post by fuhry on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 12:48 pm

I'm just going to throw this out there - Richard E. Grant sure looks like he could be a Kenobi.
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 7:06 pm

@fuhry wrote:

I'm just going to throw this out there - Richard E. Grant sure looks like he could be a Kenobi.
@fuhry

It’s possible. I’m hoping Richard E. Grant will play a villain though. Like King Prana or a FO officer.

Apparently it was announced today that Matt Smith also has a role in episode IX. He has experience playing a royal in “The Crown”. He could pull off a middle aged Korkie too.

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 2:15 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if, in Episode IX, Rey finds out her real father was Korkie Kryze (or maybe she meets Korkie himself), and they just leave it at that. No Kenobi reveal necessary in the movie. And no confirmation that Korkie is actually Obi-wan's son.

The narrative purpose is to show that her worst fears (and Kylo's hopes) aren't true - her parents were good, honorable people, and she was kidnapped from them and in IX she is reunited. For the casual fan, they'd be none the wiser. For the Clone Wars aficionado, they can believe she's a mandalorian bad*** or a Kenobi, whatever floats one's boat.

I think that would be clever.

fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 5:09 pm

@fuhry
I would love that, I'm waiting for hints about Korkie since I discovered TCW. But I think it is too late, Rey's answer for family is not behind, it is ahead. The final chapter is a conclusion and it has to feel like it by taking care of the wild threads and just Korkie's name doesn't feel like a closure to me. And more explanations take too much time when the film has more urgent things to settle.

I believe Rey's parents are a closed door. Maybe don't kill the past but let it rest in peace could be the true message of the postology.
She represents what the jedi were before the Fall, a nobody chosen by the Force to be Force sensitive. Of course Rian had been vague enough to let JJ use a 'From a certain point of view' twist but what could serve the narrative?
She could be a mandalorian but general audience doesn't know them, they have never been in a movie and only a few people know Boba has a mandalorian armour (he isn't a Mandalorian in the new canon).
She could have been kidnapped, but I think this notion should have been hinted in either TFA or TLJ. I don't think having good or honorable parents would change her mind, but I'm not objective. I like the theme of sometimes good people have bad or not great parents.

In ROTJ, we learnt that what Vader said to Luke was totally true, with a twist (Leia is Luke's sister). Here the twist could be that Rey killed her parents in anger after they sold her (bringing her closer to Kylo), or they didn't have a choice, they really loved her but it was not enough to not sold her.

I'm sure of only one thing, Daisy Ridley is fed up with all those parents theories and as long as Rey is not related to Ben, then I'm happy. Lolilol
(But I'll be truly happy when I know what happened to Korkie.)
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 8:14 am

Passing thought, but not knowing too much about the dark saber, the designs to me feels like echoes of The World Between Worlds.
Any takers that this might be a part of IX and tie in a Rey/Mandelorian connection? ;-)

Potential spoilers in Clone Wars...

journey continues in Rebels...but not much to go on in the Star Wars Databanks.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/darksaber

Think I really need to get into Clone Wars to wrap my head around as The Darksaber is connected to Nightsisters on Dathomir with a Mother Talzin in charge. Mother Talzin is Darth Maul's mother as well and apparently the Nightsisters like to exist outside of the whole Sith/Jedi matter, but Palpatine held Maul captive, making him an Apprentice, and so forth. Might need to read the comics as well.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/25/17393680/solo-star-wars-story-surprise-cameo
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:26 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:Passing thought, but not knowing too much about the dark saber, the designs to me feels like echoes of The World Between Worlds.
Any takers that this might be a part of IX and tie in a Rey/Mandelorian connection? ;-)

Think I really need to get into Clone Wars to wrap my head around as The Darksaber is connected to Nightsisters on Dathomir with a Mother Talzin in charge. Mother Talzin is Darth Maul's mother as well and apparently the Nightsisters like to exist outside of the whole Sith/Jedi matter, but Palpatine held Maul captive, making him an Apprentice, and so forth. Might need to read the comics as well.

@Starliteprism

Interesting theory! Well, we know the dark saber was created by Tarre Vizsla. He was the ruler of Mandalore during the Old Republic. He was also a Jedi. This of course was before the Jedi had all of their dogmatic rules and restrictions. As to how he created it? I’m not sure. For all we know the dark Kyber crystal could have its origin tie into the Mortis gods/A World Between Worlds mythology. It would be pretty cool. The Jedi were aware of the Mortis gods before Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka’s encounter in the Clone Wars. As evidenced by the Jedi temple on Lothal. I’m wondering if Tarre Vizsla had a similar encounter 1000 years prior? Confus
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 4:32 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:Passing thought, but not knowing too much about the dark saber, the designs to me feels like echoes of The World Between Worlds.

@Starliteprism

Interesting theory! Well, we know the dark saber was created by Tarre Vizsla. He was the ruler of Mandalore during the Old Republic. He was also a Jedi. This of course was before the Jedi had all of their dogmatic rules and restrictions. As to how he created it? I’m not sure. For all we know the dark Kyber crystal could have its origin tie into the Mortis gods/A World Between Worlds mythology. It would be pretty cool. The Jedi were aware of the Mortis gods before Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka’s encounter in the Clone Wars. As evidenced by the Jedi temple on Lothal. I’m wondering if Tarre Vizsla had a similar encounter 1000 years prior? Confus
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hmm...so, maybe the darksaber was forged in or is heavily connected to Mortis?
Also, don't forget IX was going under the project name Black Diamond, and some bits from Wookieepedia...

The sound emitted by its blade was also higher pitched than other lightsabers. The Darksaber had a crystal which served as a conduit for Force energy. The wielder's thoughts and actions guided the blade's current of power, with the blade often producing an electrical effect in response to a heightened emotional state.[3] The Darksaber was also capable of parrying lightsaber blades, with them being drawn to each other in an almost magnetic pull. wrote:

In a spiritual sense, I have read a little on the concept that we can't see "heaven" because it exists on a higher plane that our senses cannot comprehend the faster vibrations, but what if the higher pitch noise of the darksaber hints at how other worldly the weapon is?

Here is a quick link to a rebels episode and got to say, the graphics for the story are kinda king arthur pulling it from the stone/excaliber and the lady of the lake, and also gave a kylo ren and his knights vibe as well. Interesting...

Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 7:29 pm

The darksaber has always given me “The Sword of Rhiannon” vibes. The novel’s title character, Rhiannon, is an  ancient entombed deity, who like Prometheus, was punished for sharing his abilities with mortal beings. Could Snoke’s origins have been inspired by the character Rhiannon? I’ve already speculated in another thread that Snoke’s story might have been based off of the “Mother” (aka: Abeloth) from SW legends. In the novel Rhiannon’s essence was attached to the sword. Also, the planet on which the story takes place, called Jekkara, has similarities to Jakku as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lucasfilm story group drew a lot of inspiration from the novel. Especially since Leigh Brackett worked on the screenplay for ESB and has heavy ties to Star Wars. She’s considered the queen of space operas.

Hmmm?  Confus Maybe in order to completely destroy Snoke, the darksaber must be destroyed as well. Kind of  like the ring from LOTR and the horcruxes from Harry Potter.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 07 Dec 2018, 6:35 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:The darksaber has always given me “The Sword of Rhiannon” vibes. The novel’s title character, Rhiannon, is an  ancient entombed deity, who like Prometheus, was punished for sharing his abilities with mortal beings. Could Snoke’s origins have been inspired by the character Rhiannon? I’ve already speculated in another thread that Snoke’s story might have been based off of the “Mother” (aka: Abeloth) from SW legends. In the novel Rhiannon’s essence was attached to the sword. Also, the planet on which the story takes place, called Jekkara, has similarities to Jakku as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lucasfilm story group drew a lot of inspiration from the novel. Especially since Leigh Brackett worked on the screenplay for ESB and has heavy ties to Star Wars. She’s considered the queen of space operas.

Hmmm?  Confus Maybe in order to completely destroy Snoke, the darksaber must be destroyed as well. Kind of  like the ring from LOTR and the horcruxes from Harry Potter.
@TheBastardofMandalore

So, maybe that ring of Snoke's was his contingency plan and he is attached to that. With the current Vader comics and Momin, could be a similar idea.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum