The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:14 am

I found this in a 4chan archive:

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/108768571/

definitive proof lol

I hadn't really though of Korkie Kryze being a first order general but it does make some sense in terms of Rey's location on Jakku.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:16 am

SWNN has updated their Story on Richard E. Grant

UPDATE!

"This article had a different title, which was a bit misleading so we changed it. It was “Richard E Grant Hints He is Playing a Familiar Character in Star Wars: Episode IX“. I am all to be blamed here. I read a little bit too much in Grant’s comments and saw something that isn’t there. I agree with some of the comments that Grant just expressed his excitement when it was revealed to him he will be in Star Wars. And the way he expressed that he “thought” Abrams told him his character name really shows that it doesn’t matter what that name is to him. So apologies for the confusion. There still maybe something here but I don’t want to raise people’s expectations and mislead them. Let’s move on."

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:19 am

@fuhry wrote:I found this in a 4chan archive:

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/108768571/

definitive proof lol

I hadn't really though of Korkie Kryze being a first order general but it does make some sense in terms of Rey's location on Jakku.  
@fuhry

I am not a 4 chan user so how can you tell when a leak is legit or wild speculation? Richard E. is too old to play someone conceived during Obi's 18-year isolation on Tatooine.

Color me a tad disappointed I was really hoping for Mandos.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:41 am

@spacebaby45678 If the First Order general is Korkie Kryze, he was conceived right before the events of the Phantom Menace when Qui-gon and Obi-wan were protecting Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore.

Since it's canon (from the clone wars) that Obi-wan and Satine were in love and Satine has a nephew (Korkie) who is the right age, very close to her and whose parents are never mentioned, the speculation is that Korkie is actually the son of Obi-wan and Satine.

We last see Korkie when the Clone Wars are still raging, and Obi-wan was fighting on the Republic side. Mandalorians are never particularly trusting of the Jedi, so it's not out of the question that Korkie could end up an imperial, and later a member of the First Order.

I think that if J.J. is going Rey Kenobi, he's more likely to use the Korkie Kryze angle then he is to create an entirely new Kenobi kid born on Tatooine.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 8:47 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678 If the First Order general is Korkie Kryze, he was conceived right before the events of the Phantom Menace when Qui-gon and Obi-wan were protecting Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore.

Since it's canon (from the clone wars) that Obi-wan and Satine were in love and Satine has a nephew (Korkie) who is the right age, very close to her and whose parents are never mentioned, the speculation is that Korkie is actually the son of Obi-wan and Satine.

We last see Korkie when the Clone Wars are still raging, and Obi-wan was fighting on the Republic side. Mandalorians are never particularly trusting of the Jedi, so it's not out of the question that Korkie could end up an imperial, and later a member of the First Order.

I think that if J.J. is going Rey Kenobi, he's more likely to use the Korkie Kryze angle then he is to create an entirely new Kenobi kid born on Tatooine.
@fuhry

Agree with you 100%. I was just asking about the 4chan, you will have to excuse me since I don't go on 4chan or am not a user. How do you distinguish a good leak from a bad leak?

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 9:40 am

@spacebaby45678 I think it goes like this: If it's on 4chan, it's pretty much 99.99999% most likely garbage Smile
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:00 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678 I think it goes like this: If it's on 4chan, it's pretty much 99.99999% most likely garbage Smile
@fuhry

Ok, thank you. Laughing

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 22 Jan 2019, 1:16 am

Ring theory might give us an answer to Who Are You?

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 22 Jan 2019, 7:58 am

@spacebaby45678

I knew about ring theory in theory but holy crap she presents a very powerful argument. Finding those two scenes at precisely the same points (at 23 mins and 48secs in) is uncanny. I had to stop work and hear that bit again. I’m not fixated on any outcomes as what will be will be with JJs film but by heck I’m curious.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Ff099410

These were also parallels with ROTS and TLJ at the same points in each film The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 33861710
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 90a46010

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Wed 23 Jan 2019, 9:27 am

I honestly think that JJ originally was throwing around the idea of Rey being a Kenobi. If you go back to things that were said a few years ago by different people. I don't believe that is was ever Rey Skywalker. I always thought is was the best set up for a plot in the Kenobi movie to kind of finish off the trilogies.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 9:27 am

New Interview with Richard E. Grant. This is like reading tea leaves....

So if you told me 41 years later I’d be in the final Star Wars, I would have said you were completely mad, it’s not possible. I was utterly astonished.”

Episode IX’s plot is currently a tightly-guarded secret, and Grant’s role is similarly under wraps – but he has confirmed that he’s playing an all-new figure, not fan-favourite spin-off character Grand Admiral Thrawn or anyone else. Instead, he gets to portray someone he can leave his mark on.
Fanboy Richard E Grant can’t contain his excitement at being cast in Star Wars Episode IX
“I hadn’t thought of it like that, but the character is just mine!” he laughs.
“I don’t know about the action figure or whether there will be one, but this is pretty amazing.” bounce
And according to the actor we can expect some pretty big twists in the Skywalker saga’s last installment, which he suggests will be pretty earth-shaking to fans of the franchise and well worth the series’ painstaking secrecy.
“Oh, it’s definitely worth it,” he says. “If you’re a Star Wars fan, and I am, then knowing what’s coming in this is quite something.
“I absolutely understand why they’re so secretive about it, because it’s very exciting.” bounce

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 GettyImages-180143048-ba964a8
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:41 pm

@spacebaby45678

ahhhh  OMG OMG OK now I'm intrigued!!! even scared bounce affraid

if it's not "I am your father", "I am the one who left you on Jakku", "I am the clone of palpatine" I really do not know what to expect .....

if this thing exceeds "I am your father" it will be phenomenal. I have high expectations.  Very Happy I have a theory of course !!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:@spacebaby45678

ahhhh  OMG OMG OK now I'm intrigued!!! even scared bounce affraid

if it's not "I am your father", "I am the one who left you on Jakku", "I am the clone of palpatine" I really do not know what to expect .....

if this thing exceeds "I am your father" it will be phenomenal. I have high expectations.  Very Happy I have a theory of course !!!
@Teo oswald

Well don't be shy....Razz
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm

@spacebaby45678
Ohhhh boy how could he know this if he was only given a partial script ?

I swear I watched the whole of the recent Graham Norton show that Richard E Grant was on just two weeks ago and if he’d mentioned
SW I would have totally latched onto it. But I did not hear a thing so I’m wondering which part they’ve quoted this from that I’ve seen around:

“Yes, I am in the last Star Wars. I have no idea [if I’ll be recognisable] because I’ve not even been allowed to tell my family what the name of my character is. If I told you I would get fired.

I just want to know in what context the ‘if I’ll be recognisable is’ - surely he doesn’t mean his physicality ?
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:23 pm

Could he be Thrawn?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:26 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:Could he be Thrawn?
@giaciak2

He has already denied that he is playing Thrawn

@MrsWindu

Another vague statement. Lol. scratch scratch
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 5:33 am

@spacebaby45678

I do not give up the idea that Rey has Kenobi blood until I watch the last episode, my theory remains. Richard may be a relative of the Kenobi, maybe he is Rey's grandfather, Richard may be the father of the one who left Rey on Jakku. We should know the age of his character. For me it would conclude the Skywalker saga if there was a kenobi in this trilogy, and not by chance, it is no accident that we heard the voice of Obi. I'm still of the idea that
as long as there's a Skywalker, there's also a Kenobi wrote:
Surely the character who plays Richard is someone who will give a big shock, and this gives me hope
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 7:37 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Tumblr_pm76xygL501xi8rqzo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 6:06 am

Here is a synopsis of Claudia Gray's new book on Qui Gon & Obi. Doesn't look like we will get any Mandalore or Satine. Color me disappointed

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 9780525619376

An unexpected offer threatens the bond between Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi as the two Jedi navigate a dangerous new planet and an uncertain future.

A Jedi must be a fearless warrior, a guardian of justice, and a scholar in the ways of the Force. But perhaps a Jedi’s most essential duty is to pass on what they have learned. Master Yoda trained Dooku; Dooku trained Qui-Gon Jinn; and now Qui-Gon has a Padawan of his own. But while Qui-Gon has faced all manner of threats and danger as a Jedi, nothing has ever scared him like the thought of failing his apprentice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi has deep respect for his Master, but struggles to understand him. Why must Qui-Gon so often disregard the laws that bind the Jedi? Why is Qui-Gon drawn to ancient Jedi prophecies instead of more practical concerns? And why wasn’t Obi-Wan told that Qui-Gon is considering an invitation to join the Jedi Council—knowing it would mean the end of their partnership? The simple answer scares him: Obi-Wan has failed his Master.

When Jedi Rael Averross, another former student of Dooku, requests their assistance with a political dispute, Jinn and Kenobi travel to the royal court of Pijal for what may be their final mission together. What should be a simple assignment quickly becomes clouded by deceit, and by visions of violent disaster that take hold in Qui-Gon’s mind. As Qui-Gon’s faith in prophecy grows, Obi-Wan’s faith in him is tested—just as a threat surfaces that will demand that Master and apprentice come together as never before, or be divided forever.

On the upside... with a dash of wild speculation study
Royal Court? Will Satine at some point show up?queen
Obi-Wan has the seeds of doubt on whether he will become a Jedi, will that lead to a momentary lapse in judgment with Satine? Very Happy

OMG cheers

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 6:52 am

On tumblr I read a comic book about Qui Gon in which the Master understands dark and clear side are the circle of life together and that we need both to get balance. Following the release of the comic I read the statements (I would not go wrong) by Pablo Hidalgo who said that Qui Gon Jon would have saved Anakin from falling to the dark side
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 9:01 am

@giaciak2 wrote:On tumblr I read a comic book about Qui Gon in which the Master understands dark and clear side are the circle of life together and that we need both to get balance. Following the release of the comic I read the statements (I would not go wrong) by Pablo Hidalgo who said that Qui Gon Jon would have saved Anakin from falling to the dark side
@giaciak2

I think I read that from Pablo also, and he is probably right. It's all Obi Wan's fault! Just like Anakin says.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Giphy

And now it's Luke's fault that Ben Solo is on the dark side and Rey ( A Kenobi) has to fix it. Circle, Ring, It all will end where it began.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 9:57 am

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 6:15 pm

Wow, been away so long I think I must have missed out on this tweet last April.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Tumblr_pm9ve4pBUO1xi8rqzo1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 6:53 am

@spacebaby45678

Whaaaat??? First time I’ve seen this angle. I’m making a mental note not to raise my expectations
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 3:52 am

In lieu of the new spoilers from MSW about EP9 Raiders of the Lost Ark feel and Mcguffin. I am going to pull this old post out from July 2016, from the good old days when speculation was wild and crazy...

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/02/what-is-star-wars-episode-ixs-macguffin/
So the feeling of Star Wars:

http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t202p450-archive-the-rey-kenobi-files-1

"Director J.J. Abrams has decided to cram so many hidden nods and references in The Force Awakens, that it has become a virtual game for some.  And the Raiders of the Lost Ark nod is definitely one that is bound to be missed." see;

There are other more meaningful parallels with Indiana Jones for Rey in particular

Indy & Rey

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Tumblr_o8eh00LYpF1v3o2r3o1_540

"We have even seen relics of a forgotten past in The Force Awakens: Vader’s mask and the Skywalker lightsaber.
There is also the character Sarco Plank. He is described in the official Databack as “a scavenger and trader who scours frontier worlds for riches.” Sarco even had a run-in with Luke between episodes 4 and 5 in the junior novel The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure. Sarco used Luke in order to gain entrance into a Jedi temple on the planet Devaron in order to plunder it."

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 %3Ecb=20110317222137

"The Headpiece to the Staff of Ra was a much sought-after medallion which was originally designed as a means to reveal the location of the Ark of the Covenant. The headpiece was designed to be placed atop the Staff of Ra and used in the Map Room at Tanis to reveal the location of the Well of the Souls, the resting place of the Ark."

We have been told and it has been speculated that Rey’s staff may contain an easter egg, many believe that it is made of light sabers, maybe Obi Wan’s lost saber & Maul’s broken Saber from their Duel on Naboo in TPM. But what if it does not contain any sabers but instead is a key to something like the head of the staff in Raiders or a lost piece of something like BB8 had a piece of the map at the beginning of TFA. The headpiece for the staff of Ra from Raiders, holds many similarities to 3 different sigils or logs within Star Wars, Namely, The Jedi Crest, The Resistance & The Rebel Alliance.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSXIWVisdj--FszSUIOtQ6hlZKlBKgFn5toh-JXd7sA7qkqGDb
[

Mandalorian Star Bird
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 1Xl6L

What does this symbol mean in myth?

The meaning of the Phoenix in Greek Mythology

"In Greek mythology, a phoenix or phenix (Greek: φοῖνιξ phoinix; Latin: phoenix, phœnix, fenix) is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again."

The meaning of the Phoenix/Bennu/or Ben Ben  Bird in Egyptian Mythology

"The Bennu is an ancient Egyptian deity linked with the sun, creation, and rebirth. It may have been the inspiration for the Phoenix in Greek mythology.
According to Egyptian mythology, the Bennu was a self-created being said to have played a role in the creation of the world. It was said to be the ba (soul) of Ra and enabled the creative actions of Atum.[1] It was said to have flown over the waters of Nun that existed before creation, landing on a rock and issuing a call that determined the nature of creation. It was also a symbol of rebirth and was therefore associated with Osiris.[2]
Some of the titles of the Bennu bird were "He Who Came Into Being by Himself",[1] and "Lord of Jubilees"; the latter epithet referred to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.[2] Its name is related to the Egyptian verb, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine"

Ultimately this Phoenix symbol is about rebirth, regeneration and the solar mythos.

Where does that leave us? With nothing but pure speculation, I think there could a couple scenarios

Scenario 1. callbacks mean nothing and JJ is just showing the love for his Mentor Stephen Spielberg, Harrison, and George

[b]Scenario 2

A parallel with Rey whoever left her on Jakku & Poe & BB8.

Rey and the staff where left because as it has been hinted the staff has a meaning that we do not know yet. Rey and the staff where accidentally hidden and the staff is a key to something in the Jedi Temple mirroring Raiders where the staff showed the location of the hidden

'Scenario 3

It is all purely symbolic

Rey as the new Ark and symbol of regeneration & rebirth. The picture is Rey standing in front of an Arc… or she herself is the symbol of Rebirth, (as is the phoenix /bennu bird symbol) as she stands in front of the Ark, drinking water,

Catholic doctrine believe that Mary is the Ark of the convent or feminine energy of rebirth, Noah’s ark carried life, the Hebrew Ark, carried the life or Shekinah glory as the feminine aspect of god, The Ark is a representation of rebirth and the womb of life.

Rey exiting the destroyer
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Z

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Fe92ceed9b67bdaf30ab45b8ec247742

Scenario 4.

Rey herself is the chosen one or child of the force, who like the Bennu bird, rebirths itself and a given period of time. "

Now after TLJ, I can see what was right and what was off. Scenario 3 was the most spot on....Rey herself is the "ark of the covenant"  because she carried off the Sacred Jedi Texts in the Millenium Falcon. And we know that she was the symbol of rebirth for the Jedi & Rebellion. "The Rebellion is reborn today" etc.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Z

So what will be the Mcguffin and how will it be important?  scratch  scratch  Confus  Confus  Anyone's guess is as good as mine. However, by coincidence, I was watching Raiders on Superbowl Sunday and something caught my eye that I had never noticed before. This screenshot is from the map room when Indy uses the medallion to find the exact location of the ark.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Tumblr_pmgy5xSavD1xi8rqzo2_540

I thought mmm that red writing looks familiar, but it is in a foreign language so I had to go look it up... the German words NICHT  STOREN translated in English DO NOT BOTHER

That red writing was really similar to the writing on the wall in Visions & Voices.... which of course is Kenobi in Mando... but what is interesting is that Maul among his "artifacts"  tells Ezra at the moment the writing comes into view DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 7 Tumblr_pmgy5xSavD1xi8rqzo1_540

All very interesting... study study
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum