The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm

I re-watched TLJ recently and Kylo is telling a partial lie I think about Rey’s parentage . He looks directly at her when he talks to her - EXCEPT he looks to the right when he tells her that her parents sold her off for drinking money . ( Adam driver would have known this as an actor regarding body language as looking to the right is meant to signify when someone is lying ).He doesn’t do this in the rest of what he told her just selling her off for drinking money . This changes things I think . I think it’s possible Rey was kidnapped.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:10 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:I re-watched TLJ recently and Kylo is telling a partial lie I think about Rey’s parentage  .  He looks directly at her when he talks to her - EXCEPT he looks  to the right when he tells her that her parents sold her off for drinking money . ( Adam driver would have known this as an actor regarding body language as looking to the right is meant to signify when someone is lying ).He doesn’t do this in the rest of what he told her just selling her off for drinking money . This changes things I think . I think it’s possible Rey was kidnapped.
@AhsokaTano

Food for thought..

https://www.livescience.com/34068-eye-movements-lying.html

I am still in the camp he wasn't lying just re-iterating what Rey BELIEVED to be true. I think as a kid, things and concepts and events can be distorted, so this might be the only information that Rey was working with for the time being.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:36 am

@AhsokaTano
@Starliteprism

I don't think Kylo was lying. However, if we see the ship in the trailer it is landing/arriving on space Disneyland/Batuu/Switzerland and in Rey's vision, she sees that ship is leaving Jakku. That is enough of a hint that Rey or her "parents" were not originally from Jakku.
In the novelization for TLJ Rey is disappointed that her parents were not hard working space merchants. That is her delusion/fantasy that pops when Kylo uncovers the "truth" Rey has hidden from herself.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:41 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@AhsokaTano
@Starliteprism

I don't think Kylo was lying. However, if we see the ship in the trailer it is landing/arriving on space Disneyland/Batuu/Switzerland and in Rey's vision, she sees that ship is leaving Jakku. That is enough of a hint that Rey or her "parents" were not originally from Jakku.
In the novelization for TLJ Rey is disappointed that her parents were not hard working space merchants. That is her delusion/fantasy that pops when Kylo uncovers the "truth" Rey has hidden from herself.
@spacebaby45678
@AhsokaTano
@Starliteprism

I like the idea that Kylo grabbed Rey’s secret out of her head...though I’ve always believed there was more to it and that Kylo was lying/improvising. As, @AhsokaTano said, it’s Adam’s acting skills that seem to give it away. I’m thinking it’s a combination of both lying and using Rey’s hidden doubts/false memories. He knows, on some level, her true origin, but used her insecurities to deceive her. I think RJ even said it, that Kylo does respect/admire Rey but he lacks the ability to treat someone as an equal. He tries to obtain her as an ally by deceiving her. In many ways he’s gaslighting. Just like Snoke manipulated him.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:53 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:@AhsokaTano
@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678
@AhsokaTano
@Starliteprism

I like the idea that Kylo grabbed Rey’s secret out of her head...though I’ve always believed there was more to it and that Kylo was lying/improvising. As, @AhsokaTano said, it’s Adam’s acting skills that seem to give it away. I’m thinking it’s a combination of both lying and using Rey’s hidden doubts/false memories. He knows, on some level, her true origin, but used her insecurities to deceive her. I think RJ even said it, that Kylo does respect/admire Rey but he lacks the ability to treat someone as an equal. He tries to obtain her as an ally by deceiving her. In many ways he’s gaslighting. Just like Snoke manipulated him.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I trust your opinions. I will have to go watch the scene again.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:01 pm

Sooo, I am totally intrigued with the final season Clone Wars now. Especially, the last few seconds of the trailer. It’s obvious that Maul is baiting Kenobi, again, and is sorely disappointed to see Ahsoka. So who is he baiting Kenobi with? Remember, during the episode, Lawless, Korkie was knocked out cold. What if he was held prisoner? What if, Maul finds out who he his? His”true” parentage! In the original Clone Wars teaser from last year’s SD Comic Con, when Kenobi approaches the holo of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan with what can only be described as a look of trepidation and “Oh, f****! This is bad!” He knows something is off about the situation. Why else would Bo-Katan be looking for Ahsoka throughout the new trailer? She knows Ahsoka knows Korkie and potentially has heard rumors that she is no longer a Jedi. She needs help finding Korkie without exposing Kenobi’s secret and potentially threatening his position within the Jedi.

Last edited by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 1:03 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Sooo, I am totally intrigued with the final season Clone Wars now. Especially, the last few seconds of the trailer. It’s obvious that Maul is baiting Kenobi, again, and is sorely disappointed to see Ahsoka. So who is he baiting Kenobi with? Remember, during the episode, Lawless, Korkie was knocked out cold. What if he was held prisoner? What if, Maul finds out who he his? His”true” parentage! In the original Clone Wars teaser from last year’s SD Comic Con, when Kenobi approaches the holo of Ahsoka and Bo-Katan with what can only be described as a look of trepidation and “Oh, f****! This is bad!” He knows something is off about the situation. Why else would Bo-Katan be looking for Ahsoka throughout the new trailer? She knows Ahsoka knows Korkie and potentially has heard rumors that she is no longer a Jedi. She needs help finding Korkie without exposing Kenobi’s position within the Jedi.

@TheBastardofMandalore

I watched the TCW panel and the trailer for the new season, it looks great! I like your scenario. Filoni says Bo will be really important can't wait to find out.

The Mandalorian panel/trailer was off the hook so excited for this show whether or not there is a tie into Rey or Rey Kenobi.
However, Emergency Awesome says the product that Greef has The Mando pick up (for a bounty) is a little girl. So color me intrigued.
Tons of secrecy around this show and Disney is only dropping the first episode on November 12...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:07 am

Apologies for not poking my head in here for a long time. I've been very busy and a lot of bad crap has gone down in my life over the past year.

After seeing the following trailer (watch the TOP VIDEO), there is one mother of a Rey Kenobi hint. So Sir Alec Guinness  says "past present and future" it cuts to EWAN and then then REY doing the exact same saber move and of course it cuts to HIM, the old Kenobi. It gives me some hope still lol. The Obi from the past, present and possible future?

https://twitter.com/thisdeadbird/status/1116903613656371200

I have a feeling that Rey Random was indeed a red herring, I also think even the teaser trailer is trying to draw attention away from Rey and her role and instead on to Kylo Redemption (which I'm also looking forward to). The editing of the trailer does suggest she is a Legend, its the only real hint we get of Rey holding any significance. Rey Random "reveal" happened in the middle of the story not the end and was revealed by the villain, so its questionable. I still sense Rey Kenobi may be the end game for her character here.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 5:38 am

Daisy Ridley: "Yes [there's surprises about Rey's story in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker]." "(smiles) I can't tell you [what the surprises are]. But that was a spoiler 'cause I've not said yes before. Yes, there are some surprises and then it sort of all makes sense."

Daisy Ridley: "[Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] is a definite end. It really feels like, I think the whole film is still an exploration and everything, and I think...I keep using the word 'satisfying'...it's a satisfying emotional end."
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:01 pm

A couple of excerpts from SWNN non spoiler review... scratch study

" Qui-Gon’s obsession with the ancient prophecies of the Jedi mystics to Obi-Wan’s views on flying and his wreckless, yet wise, nature as a student, Gray checks off all the prequel story boxes without ever feeling like she’s checking off boxes. She even sets the precedent for something Obi-Wan does in Revenge of the Sith that actually turned what I always thought was just a cool action scene in the movie into something more, highlighting Obi-Wan’s unique connection to the living Force.

There is a moment in The Phantom Menace when Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan that he was a wiser man than he was, and after reading this book, I know that the Jedi master was not just tickling his Padawan’s ears. He really meant what he said. Despite their differences and Obi-Wan’s irritatingly orthodox mentality, Qui-Gon witnesses so much potential in the boy. Realizing that, regardless of his penchant to remain inside the box of traditional Jedi thinking, Obi-Wan was indeed wise beyond his years and perhaps had a more intense connection to the living Force than Qui-Gon, who was a devout student of that aspect of the Force, did himself."

Is Obi wan too conservative and orthodox to ever have ... you know??? Embarassed We shall see... study queen

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 3:04 am

More from Master & Apprentice..... this book again alludes to Anakin's fall is ALL Obi Wan's fault

Obi-Wan is the ultimate rule-follower, a lover of codes and guidelines. He's not even content with the rules that already exist — in more than one instance, Obi-Wan finds himself wishing that there were even more rules.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 11:16 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:More from Master & Apprentice..... this book again alludes to Anakin's fall is ALL Obi Wan's fault

Obi-Wan is the ultimate rule-follower, a lover of codes and guidelines. He's not even content with the rules that already exist — in more than one instance, Obi-Wan finds himself wishing that there were even more rules.
@spacebaby45678

It seems that Obi-Wan was very idealistic in his youth. He wants I prove himself. Plus it’s easy to uphold ideals when you’re surrounded by like minded people (aka the Jedi). But, as Anakin said in The Voyage of Temptation, after Obi-Wan describes his year on the run with Satine, “Sounds romantic!”.  In essence, put two young idealistic 20 something’s in a precarious situation and leave them alone for large amounts of time, tensions will break, sparks will fly and ideals will bend. Wink

I just purchased Claudia Gray’s “Master and Apprentice”. I’m curious and excited to see if there are any Easter Eggs or incites regarding Obi-Wan and future SW storylines. Very Happy Thanks @spacebaby45678! Your posts gave me that final push/incentive to buy it. I’m so intrigued now.

Last edited by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 11:17 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:More from Master & Apprentice..... this book again alludes to Anakin's fall is ALL Obi Wan's fault

@spacebaby45678

Was Obi-wan following the rules when he hooked up with Satine?

I really don't see Obi-wan that way. In his parental role as Anakin's master, he certainly harped on the rules to Anakin all the time. But that doesn't mean he actually lived that way himself. Is it a Jedi rule to drink at a bar? It's pretty clear to me that there's a whole side to Obi-wan that few people know about.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:54 pm

@spacebaby45678

It seems that Obi-Wan was very idealistic in his youth. He wants I prove himself. Plus it’s easy to uphold ideals when you’re surrounded by like minded people (aka the Jedi). But, as Anakin said in The Voyage of Temptation, after Obi-Wan describes his year on the run with Satine, “Sounds romantic!”.  In essence, put two young idealistic 20 something’s in a precarious situation and leave them alone for large amounts of time, tensions will break, sparks will fly and ideals will bend. Wink
@TheBastardofMandalore

Yes, all those suppressed emotions.. Poor Obi... Another spoiler is that Obi was three years old when he started his training, this was considered old so he obviously has the ability to form attachments. Also, in M & A there is a rogue jedi a former apprentice of Dooku named Rael who absolutely has no problems sleeping around Smile

@fuhry
"Obi Wan wishes there where more "rules"

Rule is just another word for Rey which means to Rule/King... bawawah!!!

He will get his wish Very Happy Very Happy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:59 pm

I found this article on Twitter this morning. It’s a cool interview with JJ regarding Rey’s parentage.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jj-abrams-says-theres-more-to-the-story-of-reys-parents-in-episode-ix/amp?__twitter_impression=true
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 2:31 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I found this article on Twitter this morning. It’s a cool interview with JJ regarding Rey’s parentage.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jj-abrams-says-theres-more-to-the-story-of-reys-parents-in-episode-ix/amp?__twitter_impression=true
@TheBastardofMandalore

omg, please do give us all the REAL spoilers in M & A, most people are probably not looking out for Rey Kenobi hints.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 2:24 am

Claudia Gray’s “Master & Apprentice” is a treasure trove of insights, Easter Eggs and hints of things to come.  I’ve been taking notes. The big one that stands out, though, are two characters (obvious stand ins for Obi-Wan and Satine), called Pax and Rahara. Pax is a man who was raised by droids and believes in sticking to the rules but he is falling for his companion and things are heating up between them. I’ll post excerpts tomorrow...

There’s also a young princess that is being guarded by a Jedi appointed regent until she comes of age. Hmmm!? Very Korkie and Bo-Katan isn’t it?

Prophesies are also mentioned that seem to herald Leia’s/Ben Solo’s birth, as well as, Palpatine’s return in episode 9. See excerpts below...

“She who will be born to darkness will give birth to darkness.”

“When the righteous lose the light, evil once dead shall return.”

Excerpt From
Master & Apprentice (Star Wars)
Claudia Gray
https://books.apple.com/us/book/master-apprentice-star-wars/id1412494000
This material may be protected by copyright.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 4:41 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Claudia Gray’s “Master & Apprentice” is a treasure trove of insights, Easter Eggs and hints of things to come.  I’ve been taking notes. The big one that stands out, though, are two characters (obvious stand ins for Obi-Wan and Satine), called Pax and Rahara. Pax is a man who was raised by droids and believes in sticking to the rules but he is falling for his companion and things are heating up between them. I’ll post excerpts tomorrow...

There’s also a young princess that is being guarded by a Jedi appointed regent until she comes of age. Hmmm!? Very Korkie and Bo-Katan isn’t it?

Prophesies are also mentioned that seem to herald Leia’s/Ben Solo’s birth, as well as, Palpatine’s return in episode 9. See excerpts below...

Excerpt From
Claudia Gray
@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you!! Claps OK, yes, the whole royal court and regent thing set my alarm bells off.

I thought the first prophecy was about Leia and Ben also, but everyone wants to make this prophecy about Rey for some reason. Nope
Is the righteous that loses light Luke?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 5:15 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Claudia Gray’s “Master & Apprentice” is a treasure trove of insights, Easter Eggs and hints of things to come.  I’ve been taking notes. The big one that stands out, though, are two characters (obvious stand ins for Obi-Wan and Satine), called Pax and Rahara. Pax is a man who was raised by droids and believes in sticking to the rules but he is falling for his companion and things are heating up between them. I’ll post excerpts tomorrow...

Excerpt From
Claudia Gray
@TheBastardofMandalore

To lend more credence to the parallels this is Claudia Gray's fancasting for the young princess, she is a girl Korkie bawawah!
Sadie Sink as Fanry

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pq0x8ztErA1qevlxvo4_640

Her fancasting for Pax is Shaun Evans.... I love Shaun, I am a huge Endeavor fan... H-beating he could totally play a young Obi Wan,

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pq0x8ztErA1qevlxvo1_1280

http://claudiagray.tumblr.com/post/184273570081/claudiagray-im-just-now-leaving-chicago-after
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:20 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Excerpt From
Claudia Gray
@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you!! Claps OK, yes, the whole royal court and regent thing set my alarm bells off.

I thought the first prophecy was about Leia and Ben also, but everyone wants to make this prophecy about Rey for some reason. Nope
@spacebaby45678

Either it’s Luke or the Knights of Ren/Ben (Luke’s fallen Padawans) or a combination of both. Who knows what trouble they got into after they all fled the temple. What if Ben/KoR found the ruins of the Death Star? What if they found relics possessed by Palpatine and inadvertently released his essence?
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Excerpt From
Claudia Gray
@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you!!  Claps OK, yes, the whole royal court and regent thing set my alarm bells off.

@spacebaby45678

Either it’s Luke or the Knights of Ren/Ben (Luke’s fallen Padawans) or a combination of both. Who knows what trouble they got into after they all fled the temple. What if Ben/KoR found the ruins of the Death Star? What if they found relics possessed by Palpatine and inadvertently released his essence?
@TheBastardofMandalore

My wild theory is that Palpy created an darkside energetic protective egg when Darth threw him down the shaft, and palpy was able to reach out baby Ben telepathically in the womb, and maybe even posses Snoke.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 1:29 am

Okay, so random theory for the evening. The end credits of tonight’s episode of GoT had a beautifully haunting song. The song is called “Jenny of Oldstones” by Florence + The Machine. It’s about a girl losing herself in a crumbling hall of ghosts/memories. Now, you’re probably asking “What the hell does this have to do with SW?” Please bear with me...The song inspired an idea regarding Rey/Ben and the remains of the Death Star in episode 9. What if Palpatine created another World Between Worlds, or something similar to it, on the Death Star? This would explain the presence of Palpatine (in the trailer) and the rumors of other ghosts in “The Rise of Skywalker”. What if this how Rey finds out about her true identity? Perhaps she almost loses herself to this “hall of ghosts”, just like Ezra Bridger almost lost himself in “A World Between Worlds”. Perhaps this is how Ben redeems himself. By saving Rey from falling to temptation to change her fate. Similar to how Ahsoka saved Ezra from the temptation to change his fate at the end of Rebels season 4 (i.e. His temptation to save Kanan...and bring back his parents).
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 2:11 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so random theory for the evening. The end credits of tonight’s episode of GoT had a beautifully haunting song. The song is called “Jenny of Oldstones” by Florence + The Machine. It’s about a girl losing herself in a crumbling hall of ghosts/memories. Now, you’re probably asking “What the hell does this have to do with SW?” Please bear with me...The song inspired an idea regarding Rey/Ben and the remains of the Death Star in episode 9. What if Palpatine created another World Between Worlds, or something similar to it, on the Death Star? This would explain the presence of Palpatine (in the trailer) and the rumors of other ghosts in “The Rise of Skywalker”. What if this how Rey finds out about her true identity? Perhaps she almost loses herself to this “hall of ghosts”, just like Ezra Bridger almost lost himself in “A World Between Worlds”. Perhaps this is how Ben redeems himself. By saving Rey from falling to temptation to change her fate. Similar to how Ahsoka saved Ezra from the temptation to change his fate at the end of Rebels season 4 (i.e. His temptation to save Kanan...and bring back his parents).
@TheBastardofMandalore

Palpatine stuck between the world between worlds has to be the most brilliant speculation/potential answer to why Palpatine has returned I have heard yet.  

Do you know how the portals for the world between worlds are created? Are they just natural tears in the force? Or maybe Palpatine created a portal inside the Death Star?

Ok, maybe there is a clue in Harry Potter, the sign of the Deathly Hallows and the portal to the world between worlds is almost identical.. the circle represents the resurrection stone. scratch scratch Confus

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pqcq0ei2Ao1y8hadgo1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pqcq0ei2Ao1y8hadgo2_250
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:57 am

Florence deserves a thread of her own, that song, is so GOOD.. Jenny & The Oldstones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTa1jHk1Lxc
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

in the trailer for TROS, Rey's brass buckle on her belt is exactly like old Obi Wan's in ANH... no other jedi has one exactly like in the GFFA

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pqcyqiGsYc1y8hadgo2_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 13 Tumblr_pqcyqiGsYc1y8hadgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum