The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:41 am

@spacebaby45678 Yes!

I like it! I admit I am losing a bit of the Rey Kenobi faith. Something about the title and interviews and Palpatine makes me think they are going a different direction. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 10:58 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678 Yes!

I like it! I admit I am losing a bit of the Rey Kenobi faith. Something about the title and interviews and Palpatine makes me think they are going a different direction. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
@fuhry

Understood and understandable, but what about the title? Do you think that makes Rey a Skywalker? Or do you think Rey is a Palpatine? I love the discussion because it makes me research harder...

Trailers have always tripped me up and I lose faith, they don't give the OBVIOUS clues that I want Razz Trailers tend to be more visual and at times misleading.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:49 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@fuhry

Understood and understandable, but what about the title? Do you think that makes Rey a Skywalker? Or do you think Rey is a Palpatine? I love the discussion because it makes me research harder...

Trailers have always tripped me up and I lose faith, they don't give the OBVIOUS clues that I want Razz Trailers tend to be more visual and at times misleading.
@spacebaby45678

Very true! I remember Rogue One’s original trailers. They were deliberately deceptive.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 11:58 am

@spacebaby45678

“Do you know how the portals for the world between worlds are created? Are they just natural tears in the force? Or maybe Palpatine created a portal inside the Death Star?”

My educated guess is that the original portals, created by the Mortis gods, were constructed around natural tears in the force/space/time. As for Palpatine, if he constructed his own portal, I can only imagine he found a way to unnaturally create a tear in the force. Just imagine the amount of power he would have had to use to create it or keep it stable. What if he used force sensitives as batteries to power his contraption? Hence his decades old plot to kidnap force sensitive children. Like we saw in CW and Rebels.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 1:19 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@fuhry

@spacebaby45678

It's not that I think Rey is a Skywalker based on the title, I actually think that the Rise of Skywalker refers to Anakin, and it's the single event that started this whole saga. In TRoS, I think it's something they need to learn about in order to set things right, and I think that to some extent the title also refers to Ben/Kylo.

I think it's the presence of Palpatine that makes me think that Anakin's origins are going to be front and center, and I think if that's true, connecting Rey to that dramatically might require her to have some connection to Palpatine, i.e. she is a clone combining genetic material from several Jedi and Sith.

Now that I'm typing this out though, you're right, it could be deceptive. Palpatine could have had a contingency plan to prevent the Rise of any Skywalker in the event of his death or disability. Maybe Snoke was all part of the plan to interfere with Ben's destiny, much like Palpatine manipulated Anakin. And maybe this time, Rey, the Kenobi, is able to save the Skywalker, Ben Solo, where Obi-wan failed to do so with Anakin. I'm hoping!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 3:46 pm

@fuhry wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

I like it!  I admit I am losing a bit of the Rey Kenobi faith.   Something about the title and interviews and Palpatine makes me think they are going a different direction.  Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!  
@fuhry

@spacebaby45678

It's not that I think Rey is a Skywalker based on the title, I actually think that the Rise of Skywalker refers to Anakin, and it's the single event that started this whole saga. In TRoS, I think it's something they need to learn about in order to set things right, and I think that to some extent the title also refers to Ben/Kylo.

I think it's the presence of Palpatine that makes me think that Anakin's origins are going to be front and center, and I think if that's true, connecting Rey to that dramatically might require her to have some connection to Palpatine, i.e. she is a clone combining genetic material from several Jedi and Sith.

Now that I'm typing this out though, you're right, it could be deceptive.  Palpatine could have had a contingency plan to prevent the Rise of any Skywalker in the event of his death or disability.  Maybe Snoke was all part of the plan to interfere with Ben's destiny, much like Palpatine manipulated Anakin.  And maybe this time, Rey, the Kenobi, is able to save the Skywalker, Ben Solo, where Obi-wan failed to do so with Anakin.  I'm hoping!
@fuhry

I agree totally, the Rise refers to Anakin, but I think that the "rise" is a three part act from, Anakin, to Luke and now to Kylo to "finish" it.  To finish what Anakin started, both on a mythical level dispatching of Palpy ( the defeat of the metaphorical satan of the saga and on the metaphysical spiritual level, resurrection.

John 19:28-30 New King James Version (NKJV)

It Is Finished
28 After this, Jesus, [a]knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Some one else had proposed that the Skywalkers are the horcruxes of Palpatine, my mind at the moment is moving that way, and in vampirish sort of way Palpy feeds off of their power when it is dark side, hense why he wanted Luke so badly.

As far as Rey being "cloned or an experiment of Palpy" I am pretty sure RJ is quoted somewhere as having ruled that out for her origin story.

@TheBastardofMandalore

Exactly, maybe Kylo/Ben is who Palpy is "feeding" off of which helps him to maintain the stability of his portal. Ugh!
Sad Sad

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 4:00 pm

I'm all for Palpy force sucking/feeding on Kylo or even Rey. It crossed my mind that maybe Palpy siphons off Force energy to make himself younger aka Matt Smith. I mean there is still the question if Palpy created Anakin, which would make him sort of Kylo's great grandfather. Just adds to the family drama!

On a side note, in regards to Palpys speech about keeping people from dying. Hoping Rey will preform this miracle on Kylo.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 4:55 pm

@Tex wrote:I'm all for Palpy force sucking/feeding on Kylo or even Rey. It crossed my mind that maybe Palpy siphons off Force energy to make himself younger aka Matt Smith. I mean there is still the question if Palpy created Anakin, which would make him sort of Kylo's great grandfather. Just adds to the family drama!

On a side note, in regards to Palpys speech about keeping people from dying. Hoping Rey will preform this miracle on Kylo.
@Tex

YES! I think Rey is going to save the one she loves from a certain death Smile Smile <3
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 23 Apr 2019, 6:08 am

@Tex wrote:I'm all for Palpy force sucking/feeding on Kylo or even Rey. It crossed my mind that maybe Palpy siphons off Force energy to make himself younger aka Matt Smith. I mean there is still the question if Palpy created Anakin, which would make him sort of Kylo's great grandfather. Just adds to the family drama!

@Tex

There is a hint of Palpy siphoning energy from Anakin in ROTS. Windu almost had Palpy beat and severly injured with his back up against the wall proverbially and literally, and when Windu is about to strike the death blow, it is at that moment Anakin chooses the Dark side, and slices off Windu's hand. Consequently, Palpy is able to regain strength and them some and use his force power to push Windu out the window.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 Z

And he screams POWER, UNLIMITED POWER... that power he has access too must come from Anakin. However. the damage Obi Wan did to Anakin by the end of ROTS has diminished some of Darth Vader's abilities, hence why Palps was so ready to trade up Skywalkers with Luke.

By the way your Avatar is my favorite AD look, he wears a hat very well H-beating
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 8:28 am

Found this superb, Rey Kenobi Meta/Apologia on Tumblr... from   lyleroy.tumblr.com
I agree with everything that she says, but I no longer have the energy or spirit to write, but she is just so spot on, so for those who agree please go to this post and give her a like.   Smile

https://lyleroy.tumblr.com/post/184223826757/now-with-the-re-hype-of-star-wars-and-all-with-the

"now with the re-hype of star wars and all with the teaser for IX coming out, i think it’s important to let people theorise and have fun no matter what your own ideas or wishes are. with that said though, i’ve seen some pretty stupid reasonings for having rey be completely unrelated to anyone that i’d like to just give my take on, and also to share why i see so much more set-up and pay off in having her be related to a specific someone, if you look at it as a saga.

i think the first thing we should get clear about is what is the intention and role of this film that is coming out in december? well, after watching celebration and literally every interview with the producer and director they’ve always highlighted how they know this is the last installment of a nine movie saga (or three trilogies). i could paraphrase and link vids, but i’m sure you can just look up any interview for “rise of skywalker” and find that kathleen and jj abrams bring this up literally every time. this shows that they’re aware it needs to be a good send off and a fitting end of not only one movie, but more importantly a whole story stretching over 40 years. keep that in mind.

now i’ll answer to the critiques of rey as a relative of someone we know.  

something that is always mentioned is that TLJ “confirmed” something about her origin… but it didn’t, it merely waved the question aside (not that surprising seeing as though rian johnson had his interest on mainly the kylo/rey dynamic). even the director himself said it wasn’t anything final, and that he made that choice to challenge the character of rey. furthermore, it was in the context of a very manipulative scene with kylo ren, someone who’s not seen as very trustworhty nor loyal and even has a motive to get rey on his side at that moment. that he’s the one to disclose the information that “rey’s a nobody” makes it even harder to believe and lying to the MC about family is an occurring theme in star wars (obi-wan to luke). another thing is just that wording… that is a way of speech used to tell that someone’s below, not worthy or irrelevant. her parents were losers who didn’t want to care for their child— nobody or nobodies. something to realise is that the “info” (if it’s even true) that is given about her parents is minimal and might not exclude that her heritage is connected to someone we know. all in all, the first argument i’d like to rebuke is that they’d have to retcon rey’s identity – there is nothing to retcon since nothing was c o n f i r m e d.
will making rey connected to someone by blood ruin her character, her strength? definitely not! and not for the reasons you think. people claim that fans want her related to someone cause she’s not enough by herself. as a matter of fact fans want her related to someone because that actually creates a red thread in the nine-piece story that is the skywalker saga, and makes her a more relevant and a better character because she has importance and a place in it. on the other hand if rey is a complete stranger with force powers who just happens to stumble into this family soap opera and solve their issues, that makes her bland and really just a deus ex-machina, a plot device and not a character. it isn’t about “inheriting powers and strength” which people assume, but it is about relevance and continuity. p o e t r y.
riding on my previous point this also proves that what people think is an important character to have - someone who came from nothing and got good on their own merit and not by last name - is not needed to be filled by rey. to be honest, i’m shocked people need this at all. people should know they’re watching the skywalker saga, ONE story within the huge universe of star wars. that doesn’t mean there aren’t other stories that involve other characters completely urrelated to each other, hell even this saga has obi-wan kenobi and mace windu who worked their way up to where they are. we have freaking finn and poe in the new trilogy!!! why this hysteria over rey being a complete stranger when we have so many good examples already, and when it gives nothing to the story if she is? there is only one film left of this unique saga, but many other star wars stories can be created later to fill this need of “no blood ties”. (even if i still don’t see this need when it’s woven into everything already!)
my last point will obviously refer to george lucas and his love for reoccurring beats and poetry that rhymes. if i may say so it’s the essence of the skywalker saga. i’m not going to say star wars, but this saga. the greatest set-up and pay off for this 40 year old story is to make rey a kenobi, because it captures everything perfectly – reconciliation, redemption, surprise, love, dark, light so on. we start off this saga with obi-wan and his master, seeing him become a better jedi with his own hard work. he then witnesses the demise of his mentor, a story beat that’s been repeated with luke and rey. obi-wan goes on to join the jedi order and become very set in his ways, and a master to anakin, thus beginning the long skywalker-kenobi history. when anakin turns to the dark side kenobi sees it that he’s failed him and also himself - making him go into exile. that most probably would shake anyone’s previously held values. he feels guilty and reconnects with another skywalker - luke. he starts mentoring luke to prepare to fight the evil that obi-wan probably sees himself partially responsible for creating. luke saves vader/anakin and gets his reconciliation that way, but obi-wan doesn’t truly reconcile with anakin. many decades later we have the new protagonist called rey who seeks to find her identity, belonging and… reconciliation. at the same time as characters progress, there are still story beats being (reverse) repeated, this time the focus of the story switched from a skywalker to a kenobi. finding out her identity will give her the idea of what she has to do to reconcile with herself and lead her to the belonging she seeks, it’s all connected. now if rey discovers she is a kenobi it’ll lead her to ben solo-skywalker, and if she manages to turn him around to the light it will give way for poetic justice in the skywalker (/kenobi) saga. in her discovery that her forefather led a very lonely life and that the strict jedi codes could have lead to the fall of skywalker in the first place and failure for obi-wan would be enlightening to her character seeing as though she has the tendency to be overly independent and by herself. this could make her more open and realise that it’s important to have people around you and be open to love, attachments and that family / legacy don’t have to be the same. "

https://lyleroy.tumblr.com/post/184223826757/now-with-the-re-hype-of-star-wars-and-all-with-the
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 8:45 am

I would like to add that if ,in the end, it was confirmed and Rey is Kenobi's discendent ... it would mean the good Kenobi did not follow all Jedi dictates ...
So isn't there a Jedi who dies like a virgin? lol!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

@giaciak2 wrote:I would like to add that if ,in the end, it was confirmed and Rey is Kenobi's discendent ... it would mean the good Kenobi did not follow all Jedi dictates ...
So isn't there a Jedi who dies like a virgin? lol!
@giaciak2

Zett Jukassa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHz3i8gGZxg
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 2:22 pm

@spacebaby45678

I never considered the Windu/Palps moment before. Hmmm, I totally see your point about him siphoning Anakin's dark side energy. Doesn't Anakin get out of breath and sit down at that point? I can't recall it's been a while since I've seen the film. Curious though.

Glad you like my avatar. It'll be my pic till we one day have another picture of Adam in a cowboy hat.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 11:36 am

@Tex wrote:@spacebaby45678

I never considered the Windu/Palps moment before. Hmmm, I totally see your point about him siphoning Anakin's dark side energy. Doesn't Anakin get out of breath and sit down at that point? I can't recall it's been a while since I've seen the film. Curious though.

Glad you like my avatar. It'll be my pic till we one day have another picture of Adam in a cowboy hat.
@Tex

the Windu/Palps moment is a significant one.  I always thought it was cool that Mace almost beat Palps - but I always wondered if Palpatine was just fooling to try to get Anakin involved.

He forces Anakin into a tough spot.  He actually appeals to Anakin's humanity, "Don't let Mace Windu be judge, jury and excecutioner".  But also underneath that is Anakin's feeling that Palpatine holds the key to him saving Padme.  Once Anakin's lightsaber slices through Mace's arm, Palpatine has led Anakin down the dark path.  I think that when a force user embraces the dark side, their power grows.  Like when they do something evil and contrary to the light, they get a surge of power.   In that way, I do think that turning Anakin was an evil deed that, when it was accomplished, gave Palpatine the jolt of dark energy he needed to finish the job on Mace.

Bringing it back to Rey Kenobi, I always thought that a key part of Palpatine's plan was creating an emotional and physical wedge between Anakin and Obi-wan.  He had to get Obi-wan out of the picture to prevent the rise of Skywalker.   After all, Anakin was truly the greatest threat to Palpatine.  It makes sense that Palpatine would have insurance policies in place, even after death, to prevent the the rise of Skywalker.  If you think about it, the web of confusion that Snoke wraps Ben Solo in is very similar to what Palpatine did to compromise Anakin.

This time, though, no one will prevent Kenobi from staying at Skywalker's side.

Last edited by fuhry on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Padme not Palpatine)
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 11:52 am

I thought it was interesting how Snoke was NOT interested in Rey at all. If she was a Skywalker or a descendant of Palpatine, wouldn't Snoke have wanted her also? All Snoke was interested in was locating Luke and Kylo fulfilling his "destiny" as Vader's heir apparent.

Palpatine is never once interested in Obi Wan during all of the prequels and in the OT it is Vader who is obsessed with Obi Wan, Palpatine could care less where Obi Wan was.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 3:42 am

StarWars.com: How did your understanding of these characters evolve throughout your writing process?

Claudia Gray: Young Obi-Wan does things by the book. Some people interpret that as a lack of courage or originality. But of course that isn’t the Obi-Wan Kenobi we all know. So what beliefs drive him in that way when he’s young? He follows the rules because he’s convinced they’re the right thing and represent real wisdom. They’re valuable teachings that are both procedural and spiritual.

With Qui-Gon, I became interested in his self-doubt about whether he was failing Obi-Wan. It’s his role to teach him. Qui-Gon is someone who takes that responsibility and wouldn’t blame the student. He’d look for the answer in himself first.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 04 May 2019, 8:23 am

Happy Star Wars Day Reynobi peeps... here is a flashback I found online, PT 2 of Vince Vendetta's very successful Reynobi Theory video. Don't know if everyone is aware but Vendetta's channel was shutdown by YouTube and the full video is not available. I am not sure why that happened but I do know that he was a willful plagiarist stealing most of this material from our very own @gemini from her tumblr page @geminiwankenobi, and some art that Gem had commissioned by Gwendy back in the day. Eventually, Gem, got him to acknowledge her saber theory and some tumblr art work with a link but that was too little too late after he made his at minimum 5 grand off of other peoples material. Anyway, that being water under the bridge, the video is still a good archive of thoughts and theories prior to TLJ and may still come back in to play ( now that JJ is back) in TROS. Here is hoping... queen

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 04 May 2019, 2:08 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 51b07b10
LOL! Everyday is Star Wars day here on the Reylo Sky Forum. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 04 May 2019, 3:32 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 51b07b10
LOL! Everyday is Star Wars day here on the Reylo Sky Forum. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I love you
@TheBastardofMandalore

Yes it is, yes it is.. have a great weekend!

Rey Kenobi has the high ground

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 D5vtKbFWwAE7Mns
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 04 May 2019, 10:45 pm

Rey Kenobi has the high ground

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 D5vtKbFWwAE7Mns[/quote]

@"spacebaby45678

I’m so excited about that book! Great catch! cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 04 May 2019, 11:37 pm

@spacebaby45678 -haaaaa! Good one spacebaby45678! lol!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 05 May 2019, 3:29 am

Yes, when he stole my hard work and made money off it, that was a dark day lol.

I had pages and pages dedicated to Kylo relic hunting so he could get visions through them and learn about himself and the force. Imo he found Vaders helmet and what ever "Vader" showed him changed him and helped push him to the dark side.

I also think, at some point after joining the dark side, (he and the KoR kill a clan) he found Kenobis saber and saw Rey connected to it in a vision. He didn't see her face as an adult though, he only saw her getting abandoned as a child. And possibly her face covered in her mask as an adult. This is why he shouts "What girl!" When he learns of Finn escaping with the aid of a girl from a sand planet in TFA. He has seen her and wonders if this girl who saved Finn is the same one he saw in a vision he got from a relic.

Just a guess tho
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 05 May 2019, 9:08 am

@Gemini wrote:Yes, when he stole my hard work and made money off it, that was a dark day lol.

I had pages and pages dedicated to Kylo relic hunting so he could get visions through them and learn about himself and the force. Imo he found Vaders helmet and what ever "Vader" showed him changed him and helped push him to the dark side.

I also think, at some point after joining the dark side, (he and the KoR kill a clan) he found Kenobis saber and saw Rey connected to it in a vision. He didn't see her face as an adult though, he only saw her getting abandoned as a child. And possibly her face covered in her mask as an adult. This is why he shouts "What girl!" When he learns of Finn escaping with the aid of a girl from a sand planet in TFA. He has seen her and wonders if this girl who saved Finn is the same one he saw in a vision he got from a relic.

Just a guess tho
@Gemini

Kenobi's saber is on Mustafar, and we have had enough examples of visions, relics, voices etc that I still expect we will see something close to that with Obi Wan's saber at some point in TROS.

Even the new book about Faux-Kylo will give us an idea how it works beyond what we saw in TFA.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sun 05 May 2019, 12:23 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Rey Kenobi has the high ground

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 14 D5vtKbFWwAE7Mns

@"spacebaby45678

I’m so excited about that book! Great catch! cheers[/quote]
@TheBastardofMandalore