The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 16 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 10:51 am

@spacebaby45678

I don't think Korkie Pryde would be full on darkside. He could have dumped Rey on Jakku though, that is VERY plausible. Where is Rey's mother in this scenario?

I could see him being anti-Jedi, resentful and/or in denial about his father being Obi-wan, and scared of Rey's force sensitivity. Maybe he was ordered to kill her but abandoned her instead? I mean, what if he survived the battle of Jakku, and was stranded there for several years, fathering a child, and scraping out a meager, bitter existence, and then the fledgling First Order returned and offered him another chance, but not allowing him to bring the child. Or maybe he feared for Rey being exploited by Snoke so he left her there?

I could see him starting out as an adversary and slowly finding his conscience, accepting his heritage and becoming an ally over the course of the film. That would be cool.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 7:30 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678

I don't think Korkie Pryde would be full on darkside.  He could have dumped Rey on Jakku though, that is VERY plausible.   Where is Rey's mother in this scenario?

I could see him being anti-Jedi, resentful and/or in denial about his father being Obi-wan, and scared of Rey's force sensitivity.  Maybe he was ordered to kill her but abandoned her instead?  I mean, what if he survived the battle of Jakku, and was stranded there for several years, fathering a child, and scraping out a meager, bitter existence, and then the fledgling First Order returned and offered him another chance, but not allowing him to bring the child.  Or maybe he feared for Rey being exploited by Snoke so he left her there?  

I could see him starting out as an adversary and slowly finding his conscience, accepting his heritage and becoming an ally over the course of the film.  That would be cool.  
@fuhry

My wild theory/wild speculation is that Qira is Rey's mum... I only have maybe 4 pieces of circumstantial evidence. Her name, as we know was Rey's original name. She does a Kenobi thing inside the MF during solo, she fixes something ala Obi in TPM and Rey in TFA and of course the crimson dawn which to me alludes to the Lion King, as when the Disney version opens to that spectacular Crimson Dawn and of course she ends up working with Maul another Kenobi connection.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 16 Tumblr_pss4qfQJyu1y8hadgo1_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrrIKchgkaMUEDRp6LTD0NB6jg2NJI6ISLHYR_YGZ7E4yxpVfMsg

@gemini noticed that top half of the "dawn" symbol is missing, both Qira & Maul only have the bottom half so the that begs the question who has the top?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 16 816ccee56b70694708dd24f024826125

There seems to be a connection with the KOR since the KOR have one of the ancient Mando weapons last found in Qira's lair

Wild spec but whomever are Rey's bio parents I hope that they are not directly responsible for her abandoment, after having to deal with the whole you are nobody and nothing humilation it would be fitting if her father's name is pride.

Two more plot point circumstantials

Solo tells Qira. I'll come back for you
And, Rey knows that Solo did the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs not 12, ( Han always insists on 12 parsecs) and... which actually happens in Solo but only Chewie, Qira & Lando were there so they know the truth.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 10 Jun 2019, 11:57 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678

I don't think Korkie Pryde would be full on darkside.  He could have dumped Rey on Jakku though, that is VERY plausible.   Where is Rey's mother in this scenario?

I could see him being anti-Jedi, resentful and/or in denial about his father being Obi-wan, and scared of Rey's force sensitivity.  Maybe he was ordered to kill her but abandoned her instead?  I mean, what if he survived the battle of Jakku, and was stranded there for several years, fathering a child, and scraping out a meager, bitter existence, and then the fledgling First Order returned and offered him another chance, but not allowing him to bring the child.  Or maybe he feared for Rey being exploited by Snoke so he left her there?  

I could see him starting out as an adversary and slowly finding his conscience, accepting his heritage and becoming an ally over the course of the film.  That would be cool.  

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 16 Bridge-1

I honestly had never seen Bridge over the River Kwai and out of curiosity googled it and the word pride this morning and it seems the motivations of the main characters focus on pride

The Bridge on the River Kwai is a study of how pride and duty interact and intersect with one another. Three military men at the center of the film couch their behavior in terms of adhering to the rules and duties of their respective nations and armies but in reality, all of their decisions during our initial introduction to each revolve around their personal sense of pride. For Col. Nicholson, it is the pride in the spirit and work ethic of the British soldier.

And this from another review

"Starring Alec Guinness, William Holden, and Sessue Hayakawa, among others, it paints an engaging portrait of what pride and fatalism does to the human psyche."

This description to duty goes along perfect with the definition of Allegiant.

Adhering firmly and devotedly, as to a person, a cause, or a duty: constant, faithful, fast, firm, liege, loyal, staunch, steadfast, true.

This would be the perfect "out" or downward arc without making him a full on darksider... for a character if he was Korkie Kryze, making him FO out of Pride and Duty to the Mandalorian way.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 3:35 am

New Rey & Obi Wan mash up

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost