The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by special_cases on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 6:42 am

Vader breathing in that moment may be connected to the fact that vision can be showed to Kylo, not to Rey. He can hear Vader's breath and then see her.

Even if she is related, she doesn't represent Anakin's journey since the end TFA. She just has general protagonist journey elements like Anakin and Luke. It won't make sense for her to hear Vader suddenly. Unlike Kylo.

While "Imperial March" is known as Vader's theme, it was mostly Empire's leitmotif in OT. It was also used when Palpatine was representing Empire in OT. In PT it became more tied to Anakin as person but it's still played as foreshadowing of Empire's secret rising.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 6:44 am

I see Rey doesn't have Sith eyes.
Interesting....
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 8:22 am

@special_cases wrote:Vader breathing in that moment may be connected to the fact that vision can be showed to Kylo, not to Rey. He can hear Vader's breath and then see her.

Even if she is related, she doesn't represent Anakin's journey since the end TFA. She just has general protagonist journey elements like Anakin and Luke. It won't make sense for her to hear Vader suddenly. Unlike Kylo.

While "Imperial March" is known as Vader's theme, it was mostly Empire's leitmotif in OT. It was also used when Palpatine was representing Empire in OT. In PT it became more tied to Anakin as person but it's still played as foreshadowing of Empire's secret rising.
@special_cases

Thank you... I agree.. I love your take... Dark Rey is Kylo's vision maybe when he touches vader's helmet?

but the Emperor does have a unique theme separate from Imperial March... and can be heard during the Snoke sequences in TLJ and also slightly as Rey approaches the tree on achto it is then replaced by a very slow rendition of Duel of Fates.

Interesting...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 11:59 am

Oh great idea about Vader's helmet!

Yeah, sure, Emperor has his own music. I just wanted to add that "Imperial march" represents also Empire hence the title.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 4:24 pm

@Gemini wrote:
She looks like Darth Maul.

Maul is connected to QiRa, ive been convinced since Solo that QiRa is connected to Rey. There are actual narrative connections between them across both films.

We all know who Mauls arch enemy was.

They are setting up Rey Kenobi with other films and shows as well as the saga because RJ derailed so damn much lol

JJ was hinting way back when, she has mauls saber hilt here:
@Gemini

I noticed in the teaser that Daisy had lost or misplaced her staff. Finn is carrying it here when he and Poe are looking for her:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Finn_h10

There are some similarities to Maul's saber:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Maul_c10

I'm curious about your theory though. Do you think Qi'ra is Rey's mother?
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Tue 27 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm

Rey's staff certainly looks like it's got old lightsabers welded on both ends of it, but it doesn't look like an exact match to Maul's. Like, I wouldn't say it's literally Maul's. But I always thought it was interesting and that her staff might end up having some significance to the story.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 5:53 pm

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
She looks like Darth Maul.

Maul is connected to QiRa, ive been convinced since Solo that QiRa is connected to Rey. There are actual narrative connections between them across both films.

We all know who Mauls arch enemy was.

They are setting up Rey Kenobi with other films and shows as well as the saga because RJ derailed so damn much lol

JJ was hinting way back when, she has mauls saber hilt here:
@Gemini

I noticed in the teaser that Daisy had lost or misplaced her staff. Finn is carrying it here when he and Poe are looking for her:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Finn_h10

There are some similarities to Maul's saber:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Maul_c10

I'm curious about your theory though. Do you think Qi'ra is Rey's mother?
@BigDeal2187

Yes I do.

The Kessel run. Only the people on the run know the true amount of parsecs it tookand Rey somehow knows lol. The isolated sand planet orphan knows what Qi'ra knows. (Qi'ra....Kira lol)

Qi'ra is now connected to Maul, who is the arch nemesis of kenobi. His entire purpose is Kenobi. Now Rey/Maul image?

It's all being shifted into place IMO

Korkie is most likely her dad..aka General Pryde?

Also , I could never put my finger on the Han/Rey father daughter connection

If she is a kenobi, I could always  easily pinpoint  her connection with everyone except Han.

Rey kenobi is Leias only hope to save Ben
Rey Kenobi is the one to call Luke to adventure ..it was her whole purpose in TFA. Her entire journey was to find Luke, give him the saber to call him to adventure.
Rey Kenobi is drawn to Anakins grand child with some strange unspoken bond..

Obi never had a father daughter connection with Han solo. He was always the one I couldn't connect her with. If shes a kenobi.

Hit me like a ton of bricks with Solo

It's because shes the daughter he never had with Qira

The dice is his connection with qira and they cross over both films meaning qira is linked and important to the ST
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm

@Gemini I think you’re right. I think Rey is the daughter of Qira and Kryze/Pryde. That would make for a very interesting story. Not one that would be told in TROS though.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:18 am

@Gemini wrote:@BigDeal2187

Yes I do.

The Kessel run. Only the people on the run know the true amount of parsecs it tookand Rey somehow knows lol. The isolated sand planet orphan knows what Qi'ra knows. (Qi'ra....Kira lol)

Qi'ra is now connected to Maul, who is the arch nemesis of kenobi. His entire purpose is Kenobi. Now Rey/Maul image?

If she is a kenobi, I could always  easily pinpoint  her connection with everyone except Han.

Rey Kenobi is the one to call Luke to adventure ..it was her whole purpose in TFA. Her entire journey was to find Luke, give him the saber to call him to adventure.

Obi never had a father daughter connection with Han solo. He was always the one I couldn't connect her with. If shes a kenobi.

The dice is his connection with qira and they cross over both films meaning qira is linked and important to the ST
@Gemini

Interesting. It certainly would make a lot of sense, and tie a lot of loose ends together. I guess I never really entertained the idea because I never assumed Lucasfilm would hide the answer in plain sight.

But how would Rey have learned about the Kessel run from Qira since Rey doesn't seem to know or remember who her parents are? And if I remember correctly Rey thought the number of parsecs was 14 -- Han corrected her about that when they first met on the Millennium Falcon in TFA. Also, I think Qi'ra would have been 46 years old when Rey was born.

However, I remember reading an article somewhere that Jason Ward said Lando reveals to Poe and Finn who Rey's mother is. So if that's true then who else would it be? Interesting. We'll see.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:53 am

Edit - duplicate post

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:53 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:

Yes I do.

@Gemini

Interesting. It certainly would make a lot of sense, and tie a lot of loose ends together. I guess I never really entertained the idea because I never assumed Lucasfilm would hide the answer in plain sight.

But how would Rey have learned about the Kessel run from Qira since Rey doesn't seem to know or remember who her parents are? And if I remember correctly Rey thought the number of parsecs was 14 -- Han corrected her about that when they first met on the Millennium Falcon in TFA. Also, I think Qi'ra would have been 46 years old when Rey was born.

However, I remember reading an article somewhere that Jason Ward said Lando reveals to Poe and Finn who Rey's mother is. So if that's true then who else would it be? Interesting. We'll see.
@BigDeal2187

He corrected her but how would she have even known the true amount if Han has been widely spreading the lie of 12 across the galaxy. They even bring this up in Solo, that Han is going to push 12. Its a very obscure thing for her to know. Only a few people actually know its really 14 parsecs not 12. It means that someone before TFA has told Rey at some point in her life that its 14 parsecs. Only 4 people knew this. Lando, Chewie, Han and Qi'Ra.

Her age is a bit high but its possible, or I at least think she is connected to Rey at the very least.

Lando of all people know who Reys mum is? Again that suggests it may be qira.

So it could also be Lando who told rey the true amount...one of them had to.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:53 pm

He corrected her but how would she have even known the true amount if Han has been widely spreading the lie of 12 across the galaxy. They even bring this up in Solo, that Han is going to push 12. Its a very obscure thing for her to know. Only a few people actually know its really 14 parsecs not 12. It means that someone before TFA has told Rey at some point in her life that its 14 parsecs. Only 4 people knew this. Lando, Chewie, Han and Qi'Ra.

Her age is a bit high but its possible, or I at least think she is connected to Rey at the very least.

Lando of all people know who Reys mum is? Again that suggests it may be qira.

So it could also be Lando who told rey the true amount...one of them had to.
@Gemini

Ok I found the article:
https://www.inverse.com/article/56250-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-rey-mother-qira
There’s also this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cmm0v3/according_to_msw_lando_knows_something_big_about/

However, I don’t think the Kessel Run was actually 14 parsecs.  (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kessel_Run). I believe it was just over 12.  In Solo Han says he did it in 12 parsecs, Chewie protests, and Han replies, “not if you round down.” Rounding down to 12 from 14 doesn’t really make sense. Rey might have heard about the Kessel run the same way she heard other stories at Niima Outpost about the Jedi, Luke, Han, Vader, etc.

Anyways, I don’t want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It doesn’t change the fact there’s a good possibility that Qi’ra and Rey are connected somehow, perhaps even mother-daughter.  It would certainly make a lot more sense than Rey being chosen at random to have a force-bond/connection with the grandson of the most important character in the Star Wars saga. Hopefully JJ will remove the arbitrariness from that.

I will say this for certain though: if JJ has decided to connect Rey to Obi-Wan, whether as grand daughter or some other way, I don’t think we’ll be getting very many hints or clues about it until the release date. Not intentionally that is.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 5:08 pm

Thinking about this some more:

I really like the idea that Qira is Rey's mother because it explains the look Han gives Rey as they approach Takodana and his affection for her.

Darth Maul, Qira's boss at the end of 'Solo', killed Korkie Kryze's aunt (mother).

Korkie has a motivation to rescue Qira from Maul, theoretically.

I don't know, the 'Dark Rey' image gives me serious Nightsister vibes.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 5:54 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Img_2025. So, I got the Star Wars Year by Year - A Visual Chronicle at a local charity shop today, which was published in 2010 and it had two collectible prints included. Colour me surprised/intrigued...
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 30 Aug 2019, 6:21 am

@Starliteprism wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Img_2025. So, I got the Star Wars Year by Year - A Visual Chronicle at a local charity shop today, which was published in 2010 and it had two collectible prints included. Colour me surprised/intrigued...
@Starliteprism

"How could I forget, I still have the scar" Duchess Satine....
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 31 Aug 2019, 7:15 am

Just reading Ohtze's incredible thread on trailers and how they always tell the truth, and truly, it is a great meta. I think she proves her case.

I am reading it with an open mind preparing myself for the conclusion that Rey is a Palpatine of course.. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  but as per usual her beautiful analysis sparked a memory and a connection...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_px3n9c4h8G1y8hadgo1_640

That these voice overs on teasers are about the character and their arc.. But just look at the last two for TROS... and I realized something, Luke is talking about Rey but to his younger self. After Vader killed Ben on the Death Star... Luke said this..

I can't believe he is gone... ANH   TROS trailer... No one is ever really gone...

1,000 Generations... words spoken by Ben Kenobi in ANH
I can't believe he is gone.. words spoken about Ben Kenobi in ANH
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 31 Aug 2019, 7:56 am

Ohtze says this....

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_px3pgsCdwe1y8hadgo2_540

What I find interesting about her analysis is that,  Kenobi (barking lion) is a hellhound...Anubis/John The Baptist..Rey's AT AT is called Hellhound 2

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_px3pgsCdwe1y8hadgo1_540

Is Rey gonna go to "hades" "hell" "world between worlds" to retrieve Kylo's soul? UGH... Sad  Sad

One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife. He attended the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.

DR "Is an apology ever enough? Will actions speak loud than words? Where will we end up? Is a good question. And a question that is posed by the film."

The heart must be lighter than a feather to pass into eternity...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Z

Anubis was depicted in black, a color that symbolized regeneration, life,

Although the Greeks and Romans typically scorned Egyptian animal-headed gods as bizarre and primitive (Anubis was mockingly called "Barker" by the Greeks), Anubis was sometimes associated with Sirius in the heavens and Cerberus and Hades in the underworld

And The Libra Scales of Judgement associated with Anubis... in the constellation may contain the secret to Ben Kenobi's name..
hose two Libra stars are Zubenelgenubi and Zubeneschamali, and they mark Libra’s place in the heavens.

Zubenelgenubi

Ben            Kenobi

Obi = Heart
Wan = John

https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/libra-heres-your-constellation

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Libra-urania
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 01 Sep 2019, 10:17 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Just reading Ohtze's incredible thread on trailers and how they always tell the truth, and truly, it is a great meta. I think she proves her case.

I am reading it with an open mind preparing myself for the conclusion that Rey is a Palpatine of course.. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  but as per usual her beautiful analysis sparked a memory and a connection...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_px3n9c4h8G1y8hadgo1_640

That these voice overs on teasers are about the character and their arc.. But just look at the last two for TROS... and I realized something, Luke is talking about Rey but to his younger self. After Vader killed Ben on the Death Star... Luke said this..

I can't believe he is gone... ANH   TROS trailer... No one is ever really gone...

1,000 Generations... words spoken by Ben Kenobi in ANH
I can't believe he is gone.. words spoken about Ben Kenobi in ANH
@spacebaby45678

Yoda will always be with you.... words spoken by Ben Kenobi in ROTJ
We will always be with you TROS trailer.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 01 Sep 2019, 9:07 pm

From Ohtze's inspiring twitter meta thread, I had a burst of inspiration and found that almost all the dialogue voice over by Luke/MH from the first TROS teaser was either spoken by Obi Wan or about Obi Wan, during the saga, with some pronoun and tense changes of course. Now when it comes to the D23 saga trailer, some think that Palpy is talking to Rey, he is not. His dialogue starts when Kylo starts walking toward Rey on the desert planet. In the Meta sense, Luke & Palpy are really talking to the audience, however, on a narrative level Luke is speaking to Rey in the first teaser only and I believe Palps is talking to Kylo...

The music in the first teaser all go back to Obi Wan also, and sometimes is ripped right from the scene with the original dialogue. Please note, the scene when Luke is mourning the death of Obi Wan is in the Tros Teaser as well with the corresponding dialogue, so Palpy's laugh could be a misdierct.

So I have taken the original dialogue scenes and edited them together with the scenes from TROS teaser 1

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 10:51 am

Now that we have hit the stretch... or as our journey nears it ends.. haha palpy.... Laughing   I think it would be a good time for a little retrospective... Go back to the original purveyor of the Kenobi theory.. before it became the Reynobi theory... Anthony Breznican. He published this article 6 months before the premier of TFA. I find going back and reading it now after all of these years very interesting. Lineage has always been important to the Skywalker Saga, people/fans are not making it up just because Rey is a female protagonist.. it's a space opera for gosh sakes.. and as a fan of soap opera's lineage is always important especially in the American ones that I have watched for over 40 years. Family is at the center of any soap opera.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Obi-Wan theory

Could the old Jedi become more powerful than we ever imagined in 'The Force Awakens'?

By Anthony Breznican July 08, 2015 at 09:30 PM EDT

“That wizard is just a crazy old man … I don’t think he exists anymore.”

So said Luke Skywalker’s moisture-farming Uncle Owen, who was not the first person in the galaxy to underestimate the power of Obi-Wan Kenobi. That was one of the reclusive Jedi master’s secret strengths: misdirection, camouflage, making you think he didn’t matter or wasn’t even there. Whether Kenobi was incepting two Stormtroopers with the idea that these were not the droids they were looking for, or slipping through the corridors of the Death Star to disable its tractor beam, old Ben was great at going unseen. With Star Wars: The Force Awakens heading to theaters this December, I think we’re once again witnessing him hide in plain sight.

While fans have relentlessly speculated about the parentage of new characters played by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, or Oscar Isaac, wondering if any may be the descendants of Luke, Princess Leia, or Han Solo, almost no one has floated theories about Kenobi. Looking at The Force Awakens teaser trailer, with its starship graveyard, its scorched Darth Vader mask, and the recovery of the lightsaber Luke inherited from his father, it’s clear J.J. Abrams’ new film will be as obsessed with legacy as the original trilogy was with destiny. So far, there has been no hint of Kenobi, but he is a towering figure in Star Wars lore, the archetypal wise old man, the senex – the keeper of secrets. Maybe now he’s one of them, one of the better shrouded mysteries of Episode VII. Whether his connection to the story is revealed at Comic-Con, some later date, or held as one of the movie’s surprises, there must be some thread of Kenobi in this story.

Now, of course, Uncle Owen’s claim has borne out – Obi-Wan is no more, cut down in the original Star Wars by Darth Vader’s lightsaber. He reappeared in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as a specter of the Force, appearing and speaking to Luke at critical moments. Alec Guinness, who originated the role, is also no more, having died in 2000, and although Ewan McGregor has recently expressed interest in resurrecting his performance as the character from the prequels, there’s no place for a young Obi-Wan in The Force Awakens, set 30 years after the events of Jedi. Nobody expects a ghost to age, but they don’t get younger either.

The continuation of Obi-Wan’s story may stem from hidden history. What was he doing all those years while living amid the dunes of Tatooine besides watching and protecting Luke from afar? There’s a new comic on the way that will explore exactly this question. My theory: Kenobi was lying low, avoiding the Empire, but there’s nothing that says he whiled away his days in full exile. Although Jedi were prohibited from love, the fall of that monastic order may have liberated Kenobi from such vows. It’s possible he had a child, and three decades later, a grandchild would be just the right age for an interstellar adventure.

So, if anyone from the new cast could be a descendant of Kenobi – who? It would have to be someone major, and since Ridley’s Rey and Boyega’s Finn are the only characters suspiciously without surnames they seem to be the most likely candidates. In an interview with Japanese TV, Ridley said: “I am ‘solitary,’ that’s how I begin — that is probably a big clue as to what it is,” which many assumed was a hint she’s a Solo. But despite Han’s lone-wolf last name, he’s a social kind of guy, playing cards, and hanging out in saloons. But who, like Rey, spends his days in the desert, living as a scavenger – albeit on a different planet? If Kenobi turns out to be her grandfather, she may have inherited not only his survivor instincts but also his Force sensitivity.

As for Finn, well … since this panicky runaway Stormtrooper seems to have a knack for getting in over his head, and since Marvel’s Star Wars comics – which are considered canon – recently revealed Han has a secret wife, Sana, who has dark skin, maaaaaybe Finn is the one who’s really Han’s kid. (Imagine how annoyed the smuggler would be to have a rogue son sign up as a Stormtrooper.)

But we still have Han to carry on his own story. Kenobi’s torch must be passed to a new generation, hopefully someone willing to light the way on, as the old man said to Luke in the original movie, “some damn fool idealistic crusade.”
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 7:46 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_pxb4t7JcJV1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 8:54 am

@spacebaby45678 YES! I knew that thing looked familiar!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

Wow!
But I still think it looks like a giant - no, this is Disney.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 10:20 am

I just want to say that I watched TLJ again, and when the dark side cave calls to Rey, you can really hear female voices whispering, and I hear that again mixed with Vader's breathing before "Dark Rey" appears in the latest teaser.. It sounds like the Nightsisters from the Clone Wars.

If anyone would be wondering how Sidious would have learned about stuff like possession and moving in and out of a physical body, it would be from his brief alliance with Mother Talzin of the Nightsisters. Their alliance ended when Sidious stole her son, Maul.

But Talzin and all the nightsisters were destroyed...... the only survivors were Maul and Asaaj Ventress, both of whom died before Rey was born. But after the Nightsisters were destroyed, Maul lived for a time on Dathomir... is it conceivable he could have resurrected the Nightsister magicks?

What if Korkie Kryze, hater of Maul, now Imperial officer Pryde, had a dalliance with a woman that he later found out was a disciple of this Dathomir force magic like Maul, and a child was conceived. Would he abandon it on Jakku, fearful and hateful of its potential force powers?

Oh yeah, he might.

More and more I like the idea of Pryde being Rey's father, and of us learning he changed his name was formerly Kryze. What an interesting character, secretly the son of a Jedi, hateful of the force sensitives that killed his beloved Aunt Satine, hateful of Maul, serving in the Imperial military, believing the myth of the Jedi insurrection, unaware for much of his service that the empire is ruled by a Sith. After the Empire's fall, he wanders aimlessly for a time, and is seduced by a new Dathomir witch who bears his child. Upon finding out she is a disciple of the same religion and culture that produced Maul, he tracks the witch and her clan down them down and kills them but fearing the child leaves it with Plutt. He then joins the First Order, who are like the Empire but without the Sith at the top. Later, when they ally themselves with Snoke, he is opposed to the alliance. He befriends Hux because Hux has come around to Pryde's views about the force-sensitives destroying what they have built. Together, they hatch a plan to leak information on Kylo to the Resistance in the hopes they will take Kylo out.

I don't think they even have to explicitly state that Pryde is Obi-wan's son. It works as a story without that. Rey's force sensitivity is explained by her Dathomir witch mother.

At some point, Rey is captured by the First Order and is interrogated by Pryde. He realizes who she is. She recognizes him as well, but the 'Family' she remembers is her mother and her tribe of force witches. He tells her the story, explaining how it is the force sensitives in positions of political power that have caused chaos and destruction in the galaxy. He probably makes a pretty convincing case.

Later, in the Kenobi series, it is revealed that General Pryde is indeed Obi-wan's son. Sparking renewed interest and renewed viewings of the ST.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 10:54 am

@fuhry wrote:I just want to say that I watched TLJ again, and when the dark side cave calls to Rey, you can really hear female voices whispering, and I hear that again mixed with Vader's breathing before "Dark Rey" appears in the latest teaser.. It sounds like the Nightsisters from the Clone Wars.

If anyone would be wondering how Sidious would have learned about stuff like possession and moving in and out of a physical body, it would be from his brief alliance with Mother Talzin of the Nightsisters. Their alliance ended when Sidious stole her son, Maul.

But Talzin and all the nightsisters were destroyed...... the only survivors were Maul and Asaaj Ventress, both of whom died before Rey was born. But after the Nightsisters were destroyed, Maul lived for a time on Dathomir... is it conceivable he could have resurrected the Nightsister magicks?

What if Korkie Kryze, hater of Maul, now Imperial officer Pryde, had a dalliance with a woman that he later found out was a disciple of this Dathomir force magic like Maul, and a child was conceived. Would he abandon it on Jakku, fearful and hateful of its potential force powers?

Oh yeah, he might.

More and more I like the idea of Pryde being Rey's father, and of us learning he changed his name was formerly Kryze. What an interesting character, secretly the son of a Jedi, hateful of the force sensitives that killed his beloved Aunt Satine, hateful of Maul, serving in the Imperial military, believing the myth of the Jedi insurrection, unaware for much of his service that the empire is ruled by a Sith. After the Empire's fall, he wanders aimlessly for a time, and is seduced by a new Dathomir witch who bears his child. Upon finding out she is a disciple of the same religion and culture that produced Maul, he tracks the witch and her clan down them down and kills them but fearing the child leaves it with Plutt. He then joins the First Order, who are like the Empire but without the Sith at the top. Later, when they ally themselves with Snoke, he is opposed to the alliance. He befriends Hux because Hux has come around to Pryde's views about the force-sensitives destroying what they have built. Together, they hatch a plan to leak information on Kylo to the Resistance in the hopes they will take Kylo out.

I don't think they even have to explicitly state that Pryde is Obi-wan's son. It works as a story without that. Rey's force sensitivity is explained by her Dathomir witch mother.

At some point, Rey is captured by the First Order and is interrogated by Pryde. He realizes who she is. She recognizes him as well, but the 'Family' she remembers is her mother and her tribe of force witches. He tells her the story, explaining how it is the force sensitives in positions of political power that have caused chaos and destruction in the galaxy. He probably makes a pretty convincing case.

Later, in the Kenobi series, it is revealed that General Pryde is indeed Obi-wan's son. Sparking renewed interest and renewed viewings of the ST.
@fuhry

Lawd, how I would love your take and I hope it will come true... Pop corn dramatic complicated and dark just like Qi'ra's life and Korkies for that matter. I am here for it. Your sequence of events would match perfectly with the sith conspiracy....

Qi'ra was a notable practitioner of Teräs Käsi.

Teräs Käsi was a form of hand-to-hand combat that was created to fight Jedi.[1] Its practitioners were ranked into novices, adepts, or masters according to their skills level, and wore distinctive outfits.[2]

Former Sith Lord Maul, the head of Crimson Dawn, was a practitioner of Teräs Käsi, and he taught it to Dryden Vos, who, in turn, trained his lieutenant, Qi'ra

What other Dathomir secrets would Maul teach Qi'ra later on? Korkie hunting down Maul to avenge Satine? Yes! Meeting Qi'ra instead? Yes!!!!

In the new article about TROS, Pryde is described as distinguished... the only thing is I think he is one of the nobles that helped to start the FO.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum