The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 2:23 pm

@spacebaby45678 I feel like it works with Pryde being one of the founders of the FO. After the Empire's fall, I could see Pryde/Kryze being against having any kind of force sensitive at the top of their organization, and one of the bigwigs in the FO, before the arrival of Snoke.

Meanwhile, after the death of Maul, Qira, having been introduced to Maul's heritage, learns the forgotten magic of the force witches of Dathomir, becoming Mother Qira - then she decides she needs an heir, who is stronger in the force, so she seeks out Han, to get to Luke, but Luke does not succumb to her charms, so she learns there is a son of Kenobi, and she successfully seduces him! But then he finds out there is a child, and he goes after Qira, taking the child (perhaps killing Qira in the process) and hiding her on Jakku so that she is not taught the ways of the force.

In this scenario, Han might even know about this child! That would even more explain "The Look".

Meanwhile Pryde/Kryze gets overruled when Snoke comes along and falls out of favor in the FO as Hux, open minded to Snoke's help, ascends.
After the events of TLJ, Pryde/Kryze comes back into favor after Snoke is killed and the unstable Kylo Ren is in charge.

This is all quite convoluted, but in TROS, all that need be revealed is that Pryde is Kryze, that he hates force-users, that he's Rey's father, that her mother is a force witch, and that he hid her on Jakku to prevent her from learning the ways of the force.

The rest could be filled in by the Kenobi series and even in the Mandalorian series, both of which take place around the same time period. Maybe the Mandalorian is the one who kidnaps Rey on Pryde/Kryze's behalf.

I always remember Admiral Motti, the Imperial Officer that mocks Vader and the force in that meeting with Tarkin where Vader chokes him. Retconning aside, it's pretty clear that that guy has no idea that the Emperor is a force user at that moment. Also, he clearly has a disdain for force users and it would seem that sort of attitude would be prevalent in the Empire, especially among officers old enough to have served in the Republic. Remember, according to the beloved Chancellor Palpatine, the Jedi plotted to overthrow the Republic and were thwarted.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 5:18 pm

@fuhry

It has just been announced by Jon F. that The Mandalorian will cover the beginnings of the First Order. If Pryde is Korkie, he better be bitter AF or I am revolting.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 8:26 am

A terrific person just sent me this clue from the D23 trailer

I've got another one for you...in ANH, Obiwan tells Luke and Han, "I don't think you boys can help. I must go alone." In the other TROS sizzle reel, Rey says, "It's too dangerous. I must go alone."
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 8:30 am

Darth Vader ANH

Escape is not his plan I must face him alone... Smile

Kylo is going to say that to the KOR
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 3:40 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:A terrific person just sent me this clue from the D23 trailer

I've got another  one  for you...in ANH,  Obiwan  tells  Luke  and Han,  "I don't think you boys can help. I must go alone."   In the other TROS sizzle reel, Rey says, "It's  too dangerous. I must go alone."
@spacebaby45678

This is great!

So basically every single word uttered in the trailer and in the recent footage is something Obi said/Is said about Obi..also it all is connected with Rey.

Palpatine is a red herring IMO
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 3:52 pm

I was wrong it is not the trailer exactly, it was in the D23 sizzle reel that only played for the audience ... I am working on a short clip... but I have to find clip of Obi Wan
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 9:08 am

These may be dark times for we Kenobists with these latest leaks, claiming Rey identifies herself as "Rey Skywalker" at the Lars homestead.

Also, force lightning?

It's all misdirect! They're planting different fake info to smoke out the leakers in their midst.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 9:10 am

@fuhry wrote:These may be dark times for we Kenobists with these latest leaks, claiming Rey identifies herself as "Rey Skywalker" at the Lars homestead.

Also, force lightning?

It's all misdirect! They're planting different fake info to smoke out the leakers in their midst.
@fuhry

Agree, misdirection.

The healing/taming of animals is something obi wan is most noted for.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:45 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:A terrific person just sent me this clue from the D23 trailer

I've got another one for you...in ANH, Obiwan tells Luke and Han, "I don't think you boys can help. I must go alone." In the other TROS sizzle reel, Rey says, "It's too dangerous. I must go alone."
@spacebaby45678

Ok... pieced together the clips... they must go alone... don't sleep on anything Obi Wan said before he met his maker because of Vader Laughing

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:57 am

..it was visual storytelling. The characters and the plot were not as important as the metaphor and the symbolism...and the emotional connection between the movie image and the audience." - George Lucas

@gemini

What is the metaphor and symbolism of this moment?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Rey_lightsaber.0
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 4:33 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Ohtze says this....

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_px3pgsCdwe1y8hadgo2_540

What I find interesting about her analysis is that,  Kenobi (barking lion) is a hellhound...Anubis/John The Baptist..Rey's AT AT is called Hellhound 2

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_px3pgsCdwe1y8hadgo1_540

Is Rey gonna go to "hades" "hell" "world between worlds" to retrieve Kylo's soul? UGH... Sad  Sad

One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife. He attended the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.

DR "Is an apology ever enough? Will actions speak loud than words? Where will we end up? Is a good question. And a question that is posed by the film."

The heart must be lighter than a feather to pass into eternity...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Z

Anubis was depicted in black, a color that symbolized regeneration, life,

Although the Greeks and Romans typically scorned Egyptian animal-headed gods as bizarre and primitive (Anubis was mockingly called "Barker" by the Greeks), Anubis was sometimes associated with Sirius in the heavens and Cerberus and Hades in the underworld

And The Libra Scales of Judgement associated with Anubis... in the constellation may contain the secret to Ben Kenobi's name..
hose two Libra stars are Zubenelgenubi and Zubeneschamali, and they mark Libra’s place in the heavens.

Zubenelgenubi

Ben            Kenobi

Obi = Heart
Wan = John

https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/libra-heres-your-constellation

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Libra-urania
@spacebaby45678

Rey's comic - Age of Resistance - Rey 1  We have a connection with Anubis, before landing on Achto they visit Necropolis.. In Ancient Egypt Anubis was god of the Necropolis... like the western Necropolis, Jakku is in the far most Western Regions, a Desert graveyard.

Necropolis was a junk planet located in the galaxy. During their journey to find Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, Rey, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 were forced to land on Necropolis after a mechanical issue.

In contrast to real wolves, Anubis was a protector of graves and cemeteries. Several epithets attached to his name in Egyptian texts and inscriptions referred to that role. Khenty-imentiu, which means "foremost of the westerners" and was also the name of a different canine funerary god, alluded to his protecting function because the dead were usually buried on the west bank of the Nile.[32] He took other names in connection with his funerary role, such as tpy-ḏw.f "He who is upon his mountain" (i.e. keeping guard over tombs from above) and nb-t3-ḏsr "Lord of the sacred land", which designates him as a god of the desert necropolis

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 220px-BD_Hunefer_cropped_1

"Anubis" is a Greek rendering of this god's Egyptian name.[9][10] Before the Greeks arrived in Egypt, around the 7th century BC, the god was known as Anpu or Inpu. The root of the name in ancient Egyptian language means "a royal child." Inpu has a root to "inp," which means "to decay." The god was also known as "First of the Westerners," "Lord of the Sacred Land," "He Who is Upon his Sacred Mountain," "Ruler of the Nine Bows," "The Dog who Swallows Millions," "Master of Secrets," "He Who is in the Place of Embalming," and "Foremost of the Divine Booth." [11] The positions that he had were also reflected in the titles he held such as "He Who Is upon His Mountain," "Lord of the Sacred Land," "Foremost of the Westerners," and "He Who Is in the Place of Embalming."[12] In the Old Kingdom (c. 2686 BC – c. 2181 BC), the standard way of writing his name in hieroglyphs was composed of the sound signs inpw followed by a jackal

Jackals and coyotes (sometimes called the American jackal[1]) are opportunistic omnivores, predators of small to medium-sized animals and proficient scavengers.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 GW571H250

in religio-mythology, John the Baptist, the noted figure, in Christianity, who famously "baptizes" Jesus, is the Roman recension rewrite of the Egyptian god Anubis, the god who plays the main role in "anointing" Osiris.

DM Murdock proves that this use of blueprints occurs abundantly throughout the Gospels, in this case with John the Baptist based squarely on the jackal-headed god of Egypt, Anubis.

For the Egyptians, Anubis was the ‘preparer of the way of the other world’, much as John the Baptist came to prepare the way of the Lord (p238). A jackal is literally a ‘voice crying in the wilderness’ (p240), (and cf Micah 1:Cool as is the metaphorical John, with his diet of wild honey and locusts and his clothes of camel hair. An early Christian Father, John Chrysostom, tells us that John had a boat of gold to transport the souls of the righteous, an image that is eerily similar to the Egyptian Coffin Text description of Anubis as “the celestial ferryman” (p241).

Baptism is found abundantly in Egypt, as a rite of purification. Here we see antecedents of the Gospel story of the baptism of Christ. The jackal has a role in purification in its scavenging of dead corpses, preventing putrefaction and disease. Anubis expands this role as the god of mummification (interestingly explored by Neil Gaiman in American Gods). In Greek, to anoint is to Christ. So when John anoints Jesus with the living water of the Jordan River, he declares him as Christ. The holy dove that appears at the scene is a direct steal from the Egyptian image of the spirit, as Murdock explains in her analysis of the love of Isis and Osiris as intermediated by this type of magical bird, in this case a kite. The Book of the Dead speaks of how Horus is washed and purified in order to be declared the beloved son of Osiris (p251).

Murdock discusses the old association between this baptism motif and the constellation of Aquarius, the water bearer. Apparently there is a tradition of seeing Aquarius as headless, an image reminding of Salome arranging delivery of the head of John the Baptist on a platter. Anubis too, was fetishised as a headless animal skin. In the myth, Anubis is decapitated, coming back to life with the head of a jackal.

Overall, this Anubis-John connection illustrates the depth of the Egyptian influence on Christianity. Early Christians even linked Christ to Anubis. Christians took motifs that had proven popular, and carnalized them in a historical story to appropriate older myth. The transitional Greco-Egyptian religion of Serapis provided a platform for Christianity to kick away the Egyptian ladder while taking advantage of it in their new

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 7d673cd6f7fb947aae455742d03cea52
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 9:49 am

Barking Lion Productions

Anubis & Jackals... Jackals are scavengers

Specifically talking about the lead characters, Arndt said:

"From the very beginning we sort of settled on very quickly that we wanted the girl, Rey, to be a scavenger. We always wanted her to be the ultimate outsider and the ultimate disenfranchised person, because that person has the longest journey
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:26 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/age-of-resistance-rey-rose-preview

Yay! I've been saying Rey means hope to Leia in that TFA scene since God knows when, man! I'm glad to see it spelled out, finally. I was beginning to really doubt my previous reading of the film language in TFA.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 5:51 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:..it was visual storytelling. The characters and the plot were not as important as the metaphor and the symbolism...and the emotional connection between the movie image and the audience." - George Lucas

@gemini

What is the metaphor and symbolism of this moment?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Rey_lightsaber.0
@spacebaby45678

Every time i see her in this outfit it I'm.like...that particular shoulder and arm design is so damn  obscure:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 6349c610

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Screen13
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Screen14
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Screen15
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 7:55 am

Someone once said there was no connection between Rey's music and Obi Wan's music... Christy Carew who is a composer, star wars fan and JW fan did this mash up The Force Theme ( Ben Kenobi's Theme) and Rey's Theme to show a clear connection

Have you heard ‘Rey's Theme And The Force Theme’ by @christy_carew on #SoundCloud? #np https://soundcloud.com/christycarew/reys-theme-and-the-force-theme
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:06 am

Now for some Ring Theory, synchronization and the Rey is a Palpy leaks but you are giving us Kenobi hints dilemma. In the Saga, Kenobi v. Palpy is Good angel vs. Bad devil on Anakin & Luke's shoulder.......

Healing hands... both Kenobi and Palps... but Obi Wan has done it more during the saga even with Padme
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo3_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo2_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxru4j33yT1y8hadgo1_1280
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo1_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo4_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:59 am

@spacebaby45678 Ok, that's freakin' insane. I'm not sure how I feel about that!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 10:09 am

@fuhry wrote:@spacebaby45678 Ok, that's freakin' insane. I'm not sure how I feel about that!
@fuhry

But look, I just noticed something... both of the Obi & Palpy synchronizations add up to the numeral 9
36 minutes on the first " I need your help and 63 minutes on these are your first steps and larger world"

36 = 9 & 63 = 9

This is episode 9

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Source
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 10:23 am

The esoteric meaning of the number 9 in Tarot & Qabbalah... Keeping in mind that every synchronization that happens at every 9 iteration is meaningful in the saga too.. 45 minutes ( Anidala Kiss) or 1 1 7 ( Reylo first meeting) all equaling 9

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrzyjp5tv1y8hadgo1_1280

Ya'll aint nevah been ready for George Lucas bounce
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 11:50 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Someone once said there was no connection between Rey's music and Obi Wan's music... Christy Carew who is a composer, star wars fan and JW fan did this mash up The Force Theme ( Ben Kenobi's Theme) and Rey's Theme to show a clear connection

Have you heard ‘Rey's Theme And The Force Theme’ by @christy_carew on #SoundCloud? #np https://soundcloud.com/christycarew/reys-theme-and-the-force-theme
@spacebaby45678

Christy I love you bounce

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxs42hIVJL1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:12 pm

Every generation has a legend

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxsr9uZE6z1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:29 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Someone once said there was no connection between Rey's music and Obi Wan's music... Christy Carew who is a composer, star wars fan and JW fan did this mash up The Force Theme ( Ben Kenobi's Theme) and Rey's Theme to show a clear connection

@spacebaby45678

John Williams: “I fell in love immediately with Daisy Ridley. I think anybody would, man or woman. She is just a superstar born, certainly. And then, secondly, I was intrigued and immediately happy about the dialogue, which I found to be bright and quick and witty, and a little humorous, and didn’t take itself seriously—and had a wonderful atmosphere about it, all the way through. It was very easy to be instantly enthusiastic about this.” “It’s an interesting challenge with [Rey], because her theme doesn’t suggest a love theme in any way. It suggests an adventurer, a female adventurer, but with great strength. She’s a fighter, she’s infused with the Force, and it needed to be something that was strong but thoughtful. She’s a very young girl, but she’s a woman of diverse parts, and so there’s a maturity, I think, about the approach, melodically, to her that I hope will fit her. It seemed particularly challenging, both in the scavenger section in the beginning and in the trip to the island to find Luke in the end, where her theme is pretty fully realized with the orchestra. And it seemed to the right degree of strength and beauty for an adventuress.” (January 5, 2016)

John Williams: “Rey, for me, was particularly difficult. It’s a kind of an adventure theme, in a way. It’s feminine, I think, but strong in a way that she is. This is a girl who’s been a scavenger. She’s been alone, she’s without her parents. I felt a lot of empathy for this poor creature, who is at once brilliant, who can defend herself with that stick and speak all of these weird languages but you want to touch something in her that’s vulnerable and that recognizes her need. This feeling that she’s a creature who is above the earth and sails and flies.” (The Force Awakens home video bonus feature)

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxtv2qd1cD1y8hadgo1_250
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 4:14 pm

@spacebaby45678 I just love how John Williams talks about Rey.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 5:56 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Now for some Ring Theory, synchronization and the Rey is a Palpy leaks but you are giving us Kenobi hints dilemma. In the Saga, Kenobi v. Palpy is Good angel vs. Bad devil on Anakin & Luke's shoulder.......

Healing hands... both Kenobi and Palps... but Obi Wan has done it more during the saga even with Padme
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo3_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo2_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxru4j33yT1y8hadgo1_1280
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo1_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr_pxrtkaslen1y8hadgo4_540
@spacebaby45678

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 20 Tumblr10
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Sun 15 Sep 2019, 10:21 am

@Starliteprism
Interesting! I always wondered about the narrative purpose of Finn being hurt and rendered unconscious there. In between TFA and TLJ I was sure it was so that Finn wouldn't know the outcome of the battle. I never thought the idea of Rey showing force healing powers and saving his life.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum