The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 2:38 am

@gemini

In ROTS.. Obi Wan drops his saber.. and Cody picks it up and gives it back to him... this is near the end of the movie..

Cody... Here I think you will need this..

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 23a123f738f3daa1dc7818c06c2cc64f236d70b2
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 5:56 am

We are not alone...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 60e8c6cc5771dafea1f972833460c2146df0bed1
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:38 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 9b622fd42511f9e0188ba117e4a9818d9307ebaa
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 8:32 am

So there's this:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 Mind_t10

And this:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 5b69f57d5caad4c2702722277e0c0c85db9f327b

But Rey is a Palpatine. Then I'm a three-legged purple poodle. lol

Fingers crossed for Rey Kenobi but I'm not holding my breath. If it does happen then I'll be back here with champagne.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 3:00 pm

well here we are guys...

These are the tracks.. Parents after she approaches the throne... I don't know what she is going to see.. Palpy's son or daughter? Lol..
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 6a6921e0511b41943a7f39f4fc48504d31034cf6

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 1:05 am

A New Home

A New Hope

Ke no bi

I'm just gonna say it, I'm holding my tongue else where lol

Spoiler:
if the ending is supposed to tie  up the whole saga naturally THERES absolutely   no symbolic or narritive relevance to EITHER trilogy in:

1. Rey Palpatine talking a Skywalker name being alone on tatooine walking into a binary sunset.

2. Rey nobody taking a Skywalker name being on tatooine, alone walking into a binary sun set. It's more plausible than the first but ultimately does not mean much to the twin suns or tatooine when it comes to both trilogies.

It makes. Perfect narrative and symbolic sense for a Kenobi to be on tatooine watching over a healing Skywalker (Ben solo) Especially in regards to A New Hope, especially in regards to the PT closing chapter.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 3:00 am

An New Hope begins on Tatooine
Return of the Jedi begins on Tatooine ends on Endor
The Phantom Menace Tatooine is the midpoint of the movie
Revenge of the Sith ends on Tatooine
Rise of Skywalker begins on Ajon's Clos ends on Tatooine

@gemini

I keep thinking of REG's words Wizard of Oz... and I just can't fit a Rey Palpy into this story.. The Emperor has nothing to do with Tatooine.. it means nothing to him... it means nothing to Rey...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 4:07 am

@spacebaby45678

"Theres no place like home"

why would Rey Palps home be on Tatooine

Why would Rey Randoms home be on Tatooine? Again, possible if she inherits Skywalkers sith.

A Kenobi's belonging in ANH was on Tatooine, watching over his Skywalker. He helps the Skywalker be a hero.

JJ says ANH is the one to watch before TROS

Because of a Palpatine/randoms connection to the planet?

HELL TO THE NAW
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 4:24 am

@Gemini wrote:@spacebaby45678

Why would Rey Randoms home be on Tatooine? Again, possible if she inherits Skywalkers sith.

A Kenobi's belonging in ANH was on Tatooine, watching over his Skywalker. He helps the Skywalker be a hero.

HELL TO THE NAW
@Gemini

I know... it is mindbending.... supposedly Kylo's words from SW Japan
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 4:51 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

HELL TO THE NAW
@Gemini

I know... it is mindbending.... supposedly Kylo's words from SW Japan
@spacebaby45678

HE SAYS THAT? again..NO REASON for Rey Palpatine to take the skywalker name and walk into the sunset of Tatooine with Ben Solo
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 5:21 am

HELL TO THE NAW
@Gemini

I was watching Phantom Menace last night and Anakin said that he had been on Tatooine since at least the age of 3. Does make me wonder where he was born.

Previous slave owner of Shmi and Anakin was Gardulla the Hutt

https://www.starwars.com/databank/gardulla-the-hutt

which might connect to Niima on Jakku? Just don't exactly know how.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Niima

Would not be surprised if Anakin was born on Jakku.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 7:51 am

A last minute clothing conspiracy... There is a shot of Lando wearing camo.. and JB is wearing camo.. DR's outfit looks like FO Prydes suit .. could be a coincidence...

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 ELgb85kUwAEl410?format=jpg&name=large
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:18 am

@spacebaby45678

You know, they could have had Adam on the end next to REG.  That way we could have had the two tallest guys on each end.  It would've made for a better picture.  But, nooooooo, we can't have that.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:22 am

@Casper wrote:@spacebaby45678

You know, they could have had Adam on the end next to REG.  That way we could have had the two tallest guys on each end.  It would've made for a better picture.  But, nooooooo, we can't have that.
@Casper

Where was Adam? Is he making another movie?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 11:17 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Casper wrote:@spacebaby45678

@Casper

Where was Adam? Is he making another movie?
@spacebaby45678
Promotion for Marriage Story.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 12:48 pm

Ok.. not a good sign.. I don't think Pryde is Korkie...

Much of what Grant had to do was figure out who Allegiant General Pryde was, because director J.J. Abrams gave him no backstory about the character. “I never questioned J.J. about this but I think it’s pretty clear that I was in the Peter Cushing mold,” Grant said. “Because of what I look like and my accent and all that. So, I suppose that was my steer into doing it.”

The actor also took a lot of inspiration from a less obvious source: the costume department.

“You’re given a costume which prescribes three-quarters what you see below your chin,” Grant said. “That silhouette and the way that it makes you carry yourself gives you an enormous amount of information. And then the dialogue in the situations that you’re in, it doesn’t seem rocket science to work out. I don’t know that you really need an enormous amount of backstory because you’re not playing somebody that has existed before where you can go to YouTube and do encyclopedic research. So it’s an advantage in a way.”
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 10:31 am

Okay the amazon clip

It cuts from Obi wan and Luke overlooking Mos Eisely to Rey..

What is it gonna be.. Rey Kenobi or Palpy... mmm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 ELmZQuiUcAAvOW8?format=png&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:00 am

Okay.. unless there is some weird revelation or new information this is going to be my last post in this thread until after TROS..

I think this comment from Chris is a perfect way to end this conversation for now.. It leaves us lots to think about in regards to what Rey's lineage might mean.

It’s no secret that this movie will tell us more about Rey’s past. One of the most interesting things that Rian Johnson did in The Last Jedi was make it clear that the Force belongs to everyone, even in the movie’s final scene with the kid using it to pick up his broom. So how do you add to her background without taking away from a message that was core to the previous film?

I agree, that’s a really interesting thing that Rian did. It’s a democratization of Star Wars, saying that your lineage and your blood doesn’t necessarily determine who you are, and your past doesn’t determine your future. But we took those provocations as ideas that we could grapple with and hopefully expand upon in this film, because I don’t think it’s a dialectic of one or the other, where either you come from nothing or you are born royalty. There’s a lot of ground in between. Even [Kylo] Ren’s terminology isn’t… When he says “You’re no one” — well, what does that mean? Is that how Rey would think about herself? Does Rey even think of these questions? I’m trying not to reveal any story points here! There’s a Gordian knot in my tongue. I think those are really valid ideas that Rian put forth, but any series of films, especially if you have three, is a conversation — which is, as I said early on when I was talking to J.J., thesis, antithesis, and synthesis. If Force Awakens asks the question of who is Rey and where did she come from, and then The Last Jedi answered it with a negative in a certain way, hopefully The Rise of Skywalker will take those two ideas and create a third thing.

How much of J.J.’s answers about Rey were already set when you sat down with him?
Uh, that one I have to dodge a little bit… When it’s redacted, you know it’s the juicy stuff.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 9:33 am

@spacebaby45678 I agree, I am getting too spoiled by all the teasers and chatter and I'm stepping back.

I like the democratization of the force that Rian demonstrated. However, Carrie also said (and I think she's right) that this is a story about family. Luke. His father, his sister, his mother, his grandmother, his nephew. True, the notion of family has not really extended to this point beyond the Skywalkers. And the Ticos, I guess! And the Mandos in Clone Wars and Rebels.

In a penultimate film of a 9 film cycle, and in which the third trilogy's force sensitive protagonist drive's the story's end, it does seem to be awkward to do that with a person unconnected to anyone in films 1-6. Of course, it could be done.

However, to have Rey be force sensitive like her grandfather, but to have her father, Obi-wan's son, not be not force sensitive at all, that's a pretty good way of honoring the democratization of the force while also acknowledging genetics' role in it Smile
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 14 Dec 2019, 10:54 pm

Spoiler:
Person A: "In the end Rey chose to be a Skywalker."
Person B: "Yes but she wasn't really a Skywalker."

If what reyloismine said is true then this will forever be what people say about Rey. How sad!

Spoiler:
Does JJ or anyone at LF truly believe that SW fans will walk away from TROS thinking "Yes Rey really is a Skywalker" if this leak is correct?

And if this really is true then there's no way Rey is a Kenobi.

Spoiler:
Why would a Kenobi want take on the Skywalker name?

JJ better have a d&mn good explanation for this.

So RJ made a lot of Star Wars fans upset by not connecting Rey to the first six movies via a significant lineage (so that she wouldn't be an arbitrary protagonist),
Spoiler:
but now JJ is going to upset fans of the Rey Nobody concept by having her choose to be part of a family with a significant lineage.
How a$inine is that?

I haven't given LF a dime of my money since TLJ and I'm glad I still haven't purchased a ticket for TROS. Perhaps I should just ignore the leaks altogether, but I'm not buying a ticket until I know for sure that JJ hasn't f#c%&d it up.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:13 am

As I've said before. The force belonging to everyone is not what the magic of the original trilogy was. It never was. I think the magic was being a nobody like Luke until you learn you are not a nobody and you are related to a legendary knight of the past which also allows you the magic powers and sets you apart.

It was about any random kid being plucked from the mundane and learning you are a related to knights and are magical. Learning you are not random and  nothing after all.

It was  never...hey I can use the force cuz I wanna! I'm special! Dont need no reason!  Dont need to have a connection to kings..I just AM. Its incredibly millennial. I'm special because everyone is special. Everything can just be handed to me! I dont need to earn it. (Dont hate me for saying that, I am millennial as well and this is our mantra, its helped to create the Mary sue)

JJ will capture no profound magic if Rey, the main character, is just a nobody who can use the force. Not in the main saga. This works outside of it though.

Everyone using the force just because they want to needed to be set up properly from episode 7 if this is the direction.

As said before, if she is actually a nobody then they have failed to make her individual enough for me to buy it.

They have repeatedly used Rey nobody as a someone from the past stand in. Its lazy.

Shes literally a nobody who accidentally stumbled into the Skywalker special world and just had everything happening  to her because of chance. Everything just handed to her. Not because of destiny or anything deeper. She accidentally stands in for obi wan..no reason though.

This is why  no one cares about her character. They care about the one with the actual significant  lineage and destiny. Who's past and who he is has moulded him into the 3d character we see today. Who he is, is essential to the story. The last Skywalker is essential. Being a Skywalker is essential to his earning of redemption. The last Kenobi should have also  been the essential puzzle piece to complete the story. But nope. They want her to be  nothing of significance taking the Skywalker name.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 29 Screen93

Dont get me wrong, I love kylo but he is not meant to be the soul lead protagonist and its becoming clearer that he actually is. Maybe that's why rey has been treated so appallingly as a lead when written. No past, nothing moulding her. Her literal purpose is to be nobody so kylo can shine a bit brighter and his redemption can shine brighter. It should have been an equal team.

They could have done this easily without making Rey have no back ground. They could have a totally made her an actual own character who does not resemble vaders other half of the force. But no.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 5:11 am

@Gemini wrote:As I've said before. The force belonging to everyone is not what the magic of the original trilogy was. It never was. I think the magic was being a nobody like Luke until you learn you are not a nobody and you are related to a legendary knight of the past which also allows you the magic powers and sets you apart.

It was about any random kid being plucked from the mundane and learning you are a related to knights and are magical. Learning you are not random and  nothing after all.

It was  never...hey I can use the force cuz I wanna! I'm special! Dont need no reason!  Dont need to have a connection to kings..I just AM. Its incredibly millennial. I'm special because everyone is special. Everything can just be handed to me! I dont need to earn it. (Dont hate me for saying that, I am millennial as well and this is our mantra, its helped to create the Mary sue)
@Gemini
As someone who grew up with the OT in the 1980s, I can testify that all I fantasized about was to learn how to master the force. We've been told by Ben Kenobi that the force is everywhere around us and that we just need to give in. I would fantasize about telekinesis, I would try to relax in order to magically solve my math problems. Never did I dream about learning that my parents are someone else, that I'm the chosen one because I really come from a magical family. It was not Harry Potter. My brother, my cousins, myself, we played and discussed a lot, and the family aspect wasn't there at all. You know that the question of Vader being Luke's father was the big reveal in the second film? It was all about the force surrounding us and everyone being able to reach out. So, I beg to differ, X-gen as I am.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 5:35 am

@MaddieDove wrote:
@Gemini wrote:As I've said before. The force belonging to everyone is not what the magic of the original trilogy was. It never was. I think the magic was being a nobody like Luke until you learn you are not a nobody and you are related to a legendary knight of the past which also allows you the magic powers and sets you apart.

@Gemini
As someone who grew up with the OT in the 1980s, I can testify that all I fantasized about was to learn how to master the force. We've been told by Ben Kenobi that the force is everywhere around us and that we just need to give in. I would fantasize about telekinesis, I would try to relax in order to magically solve my math problems. Never did I dream about learning that my parents are someone else, that I'm the chosen one because I really come from a magical family. It was not Harry Potter. My brother, my cousins, myself, we played and discussed a lot, and the family aspect wasn't there at all. You know that the question of Vader being Luke's father was the big reveal in the second film? It was all about the force surrounding us and everyone being able to reach out. So, I beg to differ, X-gen as I am.
@MaddieDove

That is never what the protagonist was though. Never. Rey random is not the same as Luke. It will, never, ever be profound. That's why rey is not the most liked character or at least equal in votes to kylo ren, lineage, prince of Alderan. In that poll. Because linage is more interesting.

This poll is enough to show you how much of a failure Rey random has been. It has captured and enchanted not many people. Nothing anyone says to try and say it does will ever convince me. The numbers dont lie.

Spoiler:
They will literally kill off all lineage characters Ben included it seems and will have Randoms reign supreme. Close curtain.

I guess rey random isnt that amazing after all? It's only amazing if Ben, the lineage character survives. But hey, that's not the message is it? The message is suppose to be that Randoms are the best. So who needs any lineage chatacter at the end of this movie. That's why they are doing what they are doing with the ending?

Spoiler:
rey nothing is the.new Skywalker. We dont need Ben, the random is the true theme
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 5:55 am

I'm not interested in discussing Rey and the successes of her character, especially in a speculative manner (we still don't know the story's closure). I just wanted to redress the, imho, wrong premise about what the magic of the OT never was. And Rian Johnson being born one month after me (he in fact shares his birthday with my husband), from a generational point of view, it's just very understandable that, in his version of the story, being random with the force is what the force and the story is all about. TLJ's last scene shows it very well. This is where he's coming from.

Whether that satisfies millennials is another thing completely. After Harry Potter, I guess fantasies changed.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 5:58 am

@MaddieDove

There was  ever any theme in the OT that just anyone could use the force. That was never, ever a thing. The force was everywhere but only a few could tap into it.

Luke was not a random,  he was a random for about 20 minutes until he learns he is not and is actually someone linked to a jedi knight.  Kids thought they could be him, not that everyone could have the force, maybe  this is where a mistake has happened. kids like JJ and RJ misunderstanding who could use the force and what made Luke actually special. It was not his randomness,  it was his connection  to a knight from an age before which opened up his world.

Last edited by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum