The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:03 am

@MaddieDove wrote:I'm not interested in discussing Rey and the successes of her character, especially in a speculative manner (we still don't know the story's closure). I just wanted to redress the, imho, wrong premise about what the magic of the OT never was. And Rian Johnson being born one month after me (he in fact shares his birthday with my husband), from a generational point of view, it's just very understandable that, in his version of the story, being random with the force is what the force and the story is all about. TLJ's last scene shows it very well. This is where he's coming from.

Whether that satisfies millennials is another thing completely. After Harry Potter, I guess fantasies changed.
@MaddieDove

As an X gen myself.. an older x gen..I can say the heros journey is about discovering you special lineage it is a metaphor.. that we should all discover our relationship to GOD..

That relationship gives us special powers.. this metaphor is for children

Your a wizard harry....


Rian Johnson's take on the OT is postmodern nhilistic clap trap for adults... Rey is an ubermencsh...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:06 am

Also there are two types hero

The hero who is a nobody usually has an antagonist who is an irredeemable tyrant. Is that what Kylo Ren is?

Nope.

The hero who is a somebody has a villian who is an outcast. That is what Kylo is.

Which naturally should make rey a somebody..but, nope.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:08 am

I promised not to post...

But i must say


@gemini

you nailded Kylo as the holder of secrets the guardian of the threshold.. it is like you could have wrote those lines for Kylo..

I know who you are.. I know your story..

but.. alas.. again.. the male characters are telling Rey about herself...


DR said she asked JJ for a monologue in this movie.. let's hope she gets it.. let's here rey's internal thoughts not from Kylo or Palpy

just got through watching Marriage story...

lines Rey could have said from Marriage story

"who the F*ck is us?"
"you gaslight me your the villain"




spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:11 am

@Gemini wrote:Also there are two types hero

The hero who is a nobody usually has an antagonist who is an irredeemable tyrant. Is that what Kylo Ren is?

Nope.

The hero who is a somebody has a villian who is an outcast. That is what Kylo is.

Which naturally should make rey a somebody..but, nope.
@Gemini

We are really going to litigate Rey nobody at this point?
Chris Terrio has already spoken... Rey is not a nobody
Rey nobody was a FAILURE with children everywhere... this speaks to the popularity of Rey's character
Nobody likes the TRIO? Cause they are nobodies... no one cares
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:33 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
Spoiler:
Person A: "In the end Rey chose to be a Skywalker."
Person B: "Yes but she wasn't really a Skywalker."

If what reyloismine said is true then this will forever be what people say about Rey. How sad!

Spoiler:
Does JJ or anyone at LF truly believe that SW fans will walk away from TROS thinking "Yes Rey really is a Skywalker" if this leak is correct?

And if this really is true then there's no way Rey is a Kenobi.

Spoiler:
Why would a Kenobi want take on the Skywalker name?

JJ better have a d&mn good explanation for this.

So RJ made a lot of Star Wars fans upset by not connecting Rey to the first six movies via a significant lineage (so that she wouldn't be an arbitrary protagonist),
Spoiler:
but now JJ is going to upset fans of the Rey Nobody concept by having her choose to be part of a family with a significant lineage.
How a$inine is that?

I haven't given LF a dime of my money since TLJ and I'm glad I still haven't purchased a ticket for TROS. Perhaps I should just ignore the leaks altogether, but I'm not buying a ticket until I know for sure that JJ hasn't f#c%&d it up.
@BigDeal2187

Amen... I still have not bought tickets either.. and I won't until I know the ending.. end off....

At this point it is obvious that Rey Nobody was a failure.. A MASSIVE FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS... so now Terrio and JJ have to split the baby. and it may have to do with crass capitalism who knows. What order came from Iger and how this adopted name fits in with what DLF has planned for their parks where the real cash is made

As @fuhry said a couple of days ago.. Rey Kenobi was always the right answer to connect the saga

Right now we have Rey nobody palpatine skywalker wrapped in Kenobi.. HOT MESS
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 6:37 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Also there are two types hero

The hero who is a nobody usually has an antagonist who is an irredeemable tyrant. Is that what Kylo Ren is?

Nope.

The hero who is a somebody has a villian who is an outcast. That is what Kylo is.

Which naturally should make rey a somebody..but, nope.
@Gemini

We are really going to litigate Rey nobody at this point?
Chris Terrio has already spoken... Rey is not a nobody
Rey nobody was a FAILURE with children everywhere... this speaks to the popularity of Rey's character
Nobody likes the TRIO? Cause they are nobodies... no one cares
@spacebaby45678

If this is the message pushed, Rey random is essentially winning, everything.



It was a massive red flag to me about the fate of kylo if the message of the trilogy that they are trying to push through the LEAD character is that you are a nobody and that's all that matters. A massive a** red flag that the overall theme was destroying the importance of lineage through the main character. Rey. It was always a danger to the survival of Ben. How can they push random being important and have the lineage character survive when Lineage is not supposed to matter with the main theme?

They are slaughtering lineage characters and the importance lineage and pushing new characters being the mantle bearers in this saga. Random characters  took it from every other character, now miss random will take it all from Ben Solo. She is the rising Skywalker now. She was Luke, she was obi wan, she was han, she was a Leia stand in...now she will stand in for Ben at the end of this saga, she will take everything. But hey, it's a beautiful inspiring and important message right? That a random can end up doing all this? Especially if that random is female.

Random reigns supreme

If not, palpatine reigns supreme.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 7:22 am

@gemini

So in an interview JJ said TFA was not a reboot but a continuation of the saga... my feeling is THAT WAS A LIE

they tried a "reboot" with random characters... but the TLJ backlash was so heavy they are now trying a continuation with the saga with the last movie TROS.. but in reality it is a reboot with random characters and anyone can be a Skywalker

OH THE IRONY

Ian got a call about a year ago to bring the emperor back.. but JJ's dossier on Rey predates bringing the Emperor back... and his dossier is redacted.. so JJ is the only one who knows the truth of Rey's character originally... INTERESTING

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 7:31 am

J. J. Abrams: “To see the performance that Daisy Ridley gives in [Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] it’s something to behold, I mean the range of emotion that she has to communicate in the course of this film is pretty vast and extraordinary and she just killed it. So I can’t say enough about all of [the actors], especially Daisy who is essentially in nearly every scene of the film.” (December 14, 2019)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 7:57 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 E675341c2be2ba92caa3eb1198573b06a98b176f
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:23 am

@spacebaby45678

Nope.

That trick which is reminding everyone of obi wan is not actually that. Lots of characters did this trick, so why, oh why is everyone linking it with who it's most famous for? Shes a random/palp.

Bad audience for thinking that! We only made it look this way for that sweet, sweet nostalgia.


Last edited by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by fuhry on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:23 am

I've always been in favor of Rey having a connection to OT characters. It's not that I think Rey Obscura is a bad idea, it's just not as appealing to me personally. I think it's because I want a continuation of the family drama, and in particular, the love and conflict between Obi-wan and Anakin/Vader.

I too, wanted to be Luke, and tried to use the force as a kid. Luke is introduced as having this boring, ordinary life, but then, in one scene in Obi-wan's dwelling, he learns about his father, Jedi and friend to Obi-wan, and about Vader, nemesis to Obi-wan. Luke gets swept up into this conflict. Later in ANH, when Obi-wan and Vader battle, a deep, emotional history is teased, then exposed to Luke throughout the other two films of the OT.

Then, we get the PT, which tells the whole story of how this drama began.

Kylo Ren is some confused hot mess, Anakin, Vader, and Han Solo all wrapped up into one. That's interesting. Meanwhile, in TFA, Rey is this adorable bad***. She's hopeful, a bit of a hothead, fiercely independent. She is so much fun when she and Finn are getting swept up in the adventure. I absolutely loved her in TFA.

TLJ continued to explore Kylo's fascinating psychosis but Rey was kind of squashed by bitter old Luke and bitter young Kylo. Rey's supposed teachers did a pretty s*** job, and Rey the character did not really thrive. So it was a bit harder to love Rey. Would she have been more interesting if we knew she was a Kenobi at that point? I don't know. Maybe.

Protagonists in movies are often not the most popular character. It happens! Not to mention that men tend to like to identify with male characters, and lots of women like to identify with the dashing male prince as well.

I think that in TROS, Rey is going to have her confidence and is not going to get pushed around by Finn, Poe, Kylo, or anyone else. I think she'll get her mojo back, and I'm looking forward to it. And that's what really matters, that we love Rey and identify with her and root for her, more than any lineage.

That said, the conflict between Skywalker and Kenobi is so central to the first 6 films. You could say that Luke emerges to mediate that conflict and try to resolve it. The fall of Ben Solo (as part of Palpy's master plan) restarts this drama, and basically destroys Luke (and the New Republic). Rey is quite obviously the person to come along and resolve this conflict. Is she a random person chosen by the force? Yeah, maybe. Could be. It's not really classic storytelling though. To me her being Palpatine's offspring is a little more classic, but seems a bit out of left field. That she is Kenobi, returned to finish the job of stabilizing and healing Skywalker rhymes a lot better, to me.

But who knows? Honestly, I just hope that I enjoy Rey's screentime as much as I did in TFA.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 334
Likes : 1203
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-05

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:49 am

@fuhry

I think JJ fully realized that Rey's story was somewhat subsumed by the Skywalker men's mutual boxes of man pain... I agree.. as a Rey stan I always enjoy when she is on the screen and according to JJ is getting the majority of the screentime in TROS..

I think I will concede that @reylo1992 may have some spiritual legacy of the jedi.. and I guess that is something.. ... but as a Saga stan first
Rey Magic Jedi, Dead Ben Solo is not the grand epic romantic ending that I was hoping for and I will be dissappointed.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:57 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Star Wars Kids Roll out is absolutely adorable... but are there any adult size clues being given? Mmm.. Rey's Secret Treasure has two that I can glean out...

Rey finds a small lone lily inside a destroyer wreckage and waters it...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz8exopul31y8hadgo1_1280

A death star/tie fighter ball tries to roll over her.. she jumps over it...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo4_540


she escapes the marauders and finds more lilies, and returns the lone lilly to its family
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz982wVC4W1y8hadgo1_1280

She pulls a string
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo3_540

Finds treasure

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz8e3guCNM1y8hadgo5_540



I have seen a comparison to the lily for Ben as she will help to resurrect him and Lilies do have a representation for resurrection
However, there is a Star Wars character who actually wore Lillies Calla Lillies....

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Tumblr_pz98arU94C1y8hadgo1_400


The flowers have an interesting mythological history. Calla lilies are said to come from the ancient god Hera, the wife of Zeus. In the story, Zeus brought Hercules to nurse from his wife while she was sleeping. He wanted his son to have the strength of the gods. Hera awoke and pushed the baby away from her. Drops of milk flew across the sky creating the milky way and everywhere they landed on earth, calla lilies bloomed.
They also have been tied to Venus in Roman mythology. Venus saw the flower and felt her beauty was threatened by its pure white blossom so she cursed it with an unsightly pistil.
Meanings of the different colors:
White symbolizes purity and innocence.Lily Meaning
Lilies most commonly mean devotion or purity, though meaning can vary by type of lily, culture, and color.
Because of the Greek myth of Hera and Zeus, lilies are associated with rebirth and motherhood.
In China, lilies are used in weddings because they are tied to 100 years of love. They are also tied to good luck.
Assyrians and Babylonians associated lilies with the goddess of fertility, Ishtar.
Christians associated lilies, especially Madonna lilies, with the Virgin Mary.

Okay... now for the Death Star/Tie Fighter trying to roll over her... I think that it represents how Obi Wan dies... in the death star at the hands of Vader who flew a tie fighter in ANH.. which Rey escapes ..

I think Rey is the little lost lily and the treasure she seeks is within herself...


@spacebaby45678

Rey's secret is a treasure....

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 42f7d374bde095bffffab135c4490c662642276c
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 9:59 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@fuhry

I think JJ fully realized that Rey's story was somewhat subsumed by the Skywalker men's mutual boxes of man pain... I agree.. as a Rey stan I always enjoy when she is on the screen and according to JJ is getting the majority of the screentime in TROS..

I think I will concede that @reylo1992 may have some spiritual legacy of the jedi.. and I guess that is something.. ... but as a Saga stan first
Rey Magic Jedi, Dead Ben Solo is not the grand epic romantic ending that I was hoping for and I will be dissappointed.
@spacebaby45678

It's interesting. On Twitter I am seeing some people suddenly very unhappy with Rey Random being important and taking it all. You same people were pushing Rey Random as this incredible, amazing, feminist, beautiful thing. The fact that these same people are now hating it because Rey Random literally shows us what it sets out to do:

That you can be nothing and take everything.

Rey random and Ben Lineage was only good because they thought it meant kylo survived and was the most important one that over shines everyone else? Nope.

When a message of random being most important thing and lineage being  bad is raised, you gotta prepare yourself for

Spoiler:
your favourite lineage characters to be removed from the story. Now Ben is  not the last Skywalker. Rey random takes it all in the end. All the lineage characters are gone. Random really is the most important theme. Well and truly  now. Why is it suddenly terrible?

The irony that Rey Random taking it all is now the downfall of Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. That's the message which was supposed to  be "great" I thought...well great unless ben died and being nothing really did mean you are important. More so than any lineage.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 10:45 am

I'm glad I'm at this cafeteria table.

You know, it's funny, a lot of TLJ fans were worried that JJ was going to "retcon" TLJ (although I think many are using the term retcon improperly but that's another story), but now it seems possible that JJ might "retcon" the story and message of the first six films in order to protect TLJ. Or he might try to do a bit of both and end up torching the whole saga.

Of course, I don't want JJ to "retcon" anything. Just do it right, JJ. And if he can do it right (and I must admit that the footage we've seen so far looks pretty good) then I'll go see TROS twice, and buy the blu-ray, and subscribe to Disney Plus so that I can finally watch the Mandalorian.

But I have a bad feeling about this.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 157
Likes : 536
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-10
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 11:14 am

@BigDeal2187

What's given me the bad vibes is the interviews from daisy and JJ recently. They are going against the footage, the leaks and the posters etc. They also go against what JJ and others  were saying at the start of this year about Rey.

It's all pointing to Random again but this time,
Spoiler:
literally random takes it all and Ben dies and gets nothing
if the leaks are to be believed and if JJ and Daisy's recent words are to be a reflection of the story. That is Rey Random at its absolute peak. She needs nothing and no one and can get everything. She can be a Skywalker without the blood and without even marrying into that family.  Peak Rey Random. Peak feminism. Modern woman. I am woman and even I can see how extreme and anti male this all is.


Last edited by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 11:29 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:I'm glad I'm at this cafeteria table.

You know, it's funny, a lot of TLJ fans were worried that JJ was going to "retcon" TLJ (although I think many are using the term retcon improperly but that's another story), but now it seems possible that JJ might "retcon" the story and message of the first six films in order to protect TLJ. Or he might try to do a bit of both and end up torching the whole saga.

Of course, I don't want JJ to "retcon" anything. Just do it right, JJ. And if he can do it right (and I must admit that the footage we've seen so far looks pretty good) then I'll go see TROS twice, and buy the blu-ray, and subscribe to Disney Plus so that I can finally watch the Mandalorian.

@Gemini wrote:@BigDeal2187

What's given me the bad vibes is the interviews from daisy and JJ recently. They are going against the footage, the leaks and the posters etc. They also go against what JJ and others  were saying at the start of this year about Rey.

It's all pointing to Random again but this time,
Spoiler:
literally random takes it all and Ben dies and gets nothing
if the leaks are to be believed and if JJ and Daisy's recent words are to be a reflection of the story. That is Rey Random at its absolute peak.
@Gemini

But I have a bad feeling about this.
@BigDeal2187


I was glad to sit at this table too....

DR did say her and JJ had a disagreement about something in the story.. I wish I had copied that qoute and put it hear.. JJ also said.. DR hates talk of midichlorians... so this seemed to be a big discussion between the two and I wish I had been a fly on the wall
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:05 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:@fuhry

I think JJ fully realized that Rey's story was somewhat subsumed by the Skywalker men's mutual boxes of man pain... I agree.. as a Rey stan I always enjoy when she is on the screen and according to JJ is getting the majority of the screentime in TROS..

I think I will concede that @reylo1992 may have some spiritual legacy of the jedi.. and I guess that is something.. ... but as a Saga stan first
Rey Magic Jedi, Dead Ben Solo is not the grand epic romantic ending that I was hoping for and I will be dissappointed.
@spacebaby45678

It's interesting. On Twitter I am seeing some people suddenly very unhappy with Rey Random being important and taking it all. You same people were pushing Rey Random as this incredible, amazing, feminist, beautiful thing. The fact that these same people are now hating it because Rey Random literally shows us what it sets out to do:

That you can be nothing and take everything.

Rey random and Ben Lineage was only good because they thought it meant kylo survived and was the most important one that over shines everyone else? Nope.

When a message of random being most important thing and lineage being  bad is raised, you gotta prepare yourself for

Spoiler:
your favourite lineage characters to be removed from the story. Now Ben is  not the last Skywalker. Rey random takes it all in the end. All the lineage characters are gone. Random really is the most important theme. Well and truly  now. Why is it suddenly terrible?

The irony that Rey Random taking it all is now the downfall of Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. That's the message which was supposed to  be "great" I thought...well great unless ben died and being nothing really did mean you are important. More so than any lineage.
@Gemini

Gurl... this... so many people ready to hate on the Rey "Skywalker" .. just wait.. if the spoilers are true..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:05 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:@fuhry

I think JJ fully realized that Rey's story was somewhat subsumed by the Skywalker men's mutual boxes of man pain... I agree.. as a Rey stan I always enjoy when she is on the screen and according to JJ is getting the majority of the screentime in TROS..

I think I will concede that @reylo1992 may have some spiritual legacy of the jedi.. and I guess that is something.. ... but as a Saga stan first
Rey Magic Jedi, Dead Ben Solo is not the grand epic romantic ending that I was hoping for and I will be dissappointed.
@spacebaby45678

It's interesting. On Twitter I am seeing some people suddenly very unhappy with Rey Random being important and taking it all. You same people were pushing Rey Random as this incredible, amazing, feminist, beautiful thing. The fact that these same people are now hating it because Rey Random literally shows us what it sets out to do:

That you can be nothing and take everything.

Rey random and Ben Lineage was only good because they thought it meant kylo survived and was the most important one that over shines everyone else? Nope.

When a message of random being most important thing and lineage being  bad is raised, you gotta prepare yourself for

Spoiler:
your favourite lineage characters to be removed from the story. Now Ben is  not the last Skywalker. Rey random takes it all in the end. All the lineage characters are gone. Random really is the most important theme. Well and truly  now. Why is it suddenly terrible?

The irony that Rey Random taking it all is now the downfall of Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. That's the message which was supposed to  be "great" I thought...well great unless ben died and being nothing really did mean you are important. More so than any lineage.
@Gemini

Gurl... this... so many people ready to hate on the Rey "Skywalker" .. just wait.. if the spoilers are true..
@spacebaby45678

I'm ready for it. It's already happening.

Hell, even I hate Rey Skywalker. Random or Palp taking the name fills me with dread. I wanted them both walking into the sunset together and for it to have actual meaning to the saga.


Last edited by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 1:09 pm

Gutted about the art book. So are other people apparently, I've read some angry comments on social media. One guy had bought it as a Xmas gift, had already paid and they've refused him a refund.
If they didn't want spoilers, they should have announced it earlier that is wouldn't be released until next year. They won't be able to cash in on Christmas sales now.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3467
Likes : 15539
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Gemini on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 2:29 pm

@motherofpearl1

Its weird, the Skywalker Saga book is also not meant to be released until March 2020 outside of the US..same as Disney Plus? Is there something spoilery as well?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3437
Likes : 13902
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 8:12 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Nighsisters and Visions and Voices..

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 699565613dc65a5f294e4f2af7f130ff9c166af5

podcast discussing the subject...

https://pca.st/c4796hkk
@spacebaby45678

And the answer to destroying the sith?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 EL6d6WwUwAA4Y5x?format=jpg&name=medium
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 9:47 am

ying yang... the clouds match the ying yang shadow on rey and kylo's face in TLJ

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 ELpog54WkAAlE7p?format=jpg&name=large
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:23 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
You know, it's funny, a lot of TLJ fans were worried that JJ was going to "retcon" TLJ ....., but now it seems possible that JJ might "retcon" the story and message of the first six films in order to protect TLJ. Or he might try to do a bit of both and end up torching the whole saga.

He torched the whole saga.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 157
Likes : 536
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-10
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 30 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:58 am

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
@BigDeal2187 wrote:
You know, it's funny, a lot of TLJ fans were worried that JJ was going to "retcon" TLJ ....., but now it seems possible that JJ might "retcon" the story and message of the first six films in order to protect TLJ. Or he might try to do a bit of both and end up torching the whole saga.

He torched the whole saga.
@BigDeal2187
TROS:
Yes he did..... Rey Palps with Anakin's saber.. lord have mercy.. why did Anakin's saber call to her?  I don't want to think about it because it renders the saga meaningless...   Obi Wan to Anakin.. this saber is your life.. and someday a Palpatine will use it to stab your grandson


Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum