Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 1:46 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Torra Doza has a piece of Sabine Wren’s artwork, the Phoenix, in her room. Pretty cool!

From episode “The High Tower”.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Okay...Speculation cap on...Could Torra Doza be Sabine's kid? Think Sabine would have been 39/40 years old...



Also, with the episode name The High Tower, anyone else get a Rapunzel feel about Torra's situation? Apparently, her father is pretty overprotective and Kaz manages to infiltrate the tower, so will be interesting to see how Kaz and Torra's relationship develops.
avatar
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 567
Likes : 1708
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 7:32 pm

Interesting mentions about Torra Doza in SW: Women of the Galaxy

"That her mother was once a pilot for the Rebellion helps fuel Torra's love of flying."

also

"Torra doesn't have many pals, but she befriends the seemingly arrogant but actually awkward pilot Kaz Xiano. And though she's young, she's perceptive: she's one of the first to suspect Kaz's ties to the Resistance."
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 01 Nov 2018, 6:03 pm

Finally saw 'The High Tower'. It was nice to see that the story with the FO progressed but I was more interested with the background and the interactions between the characters.

BB-8 is always adorable and makes a good team with Kaz. I was happy to learn more about Tam and I believe more and more that she will be the one to fly in the Colossus, not Kaz. I was not really hyped (sorry Laughing) by Hype Fazon.

Good observation @Starliteprism, I didn't see the Rapunzel's reference with Torra before you pointed it out. As for Kaz and Torra's relationship, they both seems to have issues with their fathers, so it may bring them closer in the future.

I loved Torra's bedroom, it looked like a real SW fan's. My favorite is the teddy bear as an ewok, fans joked about it for 30 years but now it's official (reminder that Ewoks are ferocious and savage warriors in the canon, just watch “Ewok Hunt” mode in Battlefront 2). She is also a fan of Sabine (I don't think they're related), there is the phoenix artwork and also a five on her wall, Sabine was Spectre-5 in rebel. In fact it seems obvious since Torra appears to be the kind of person who would love Sabine and what she did for the Rebellion.
Torra's bedroom:

https://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-resistance/the-high-tower-episode-guide

Which makes me wonder why Torra's father would work with the FO if Torra's mother was a pilot for the Rebellion, same as Poe. I hope we won't have to wait too long to know more. Also, I found a fun fact, Captain Doza who lives in the High Tower is voiced by Jason Hightower. It's a nice coincidence.

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I think we have a Mandalorian Protector in the Resistance. Sooo interesting...So many new theories forming. cheers

@TheBastardofMandalore
Looks like the Mandalorian Protector's symbol was in the cantina, do you still think Tam is part of them?
However, the cantina also have a mandalorian helmet, so maybe it's not decoration only.

Does this helmet looks familiar to you? I was thinking Protector but i'm not sure. scratch
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 247
Likes : 643
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 02 Nov 2018, 5:51 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Finally saw 'The High Tower'. It was nice to see that the story with the FO progressed but I was more interested with the background and the interactions between the characters.

BB-8 is always adorable and makes a good team with Kaz. I was happy to learn more about Tam and I believe more and more that she will be the one to fly in the Colossus, not Kaz. I was not really hyped (sorry Laughing) by Hype Fazon.

Good observation @Starliteprism, I didn't see the Rapunzel's reference with Torra before you pointed it out. As for Kaz and Torra's relationship, they both seems to have issues with their fathers, so it may bring them closer in the future.

I loved Torra's bedroom, it looked like a real SW fan's. My favorite is the teddy bear as an ewok, fans joked about it for 30 years but now it's official (reminder that Ewoks are ferocious and savage warriors in the canon, just watch “Ewok Hunt” mode in Battlefront 2). She is also a fan of Sabine (I don't think they're related), there is the phoenix artwork and also a five on her wall, Sabine was Spectre-5 in rebel. In fact it seems obvious since Torra appears to be the kind of person who would love Sabine and what she did for the Rebellion.
Torra's bedroom:

https://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-resistance/the-high-tower-episode-guide

Which makes me wonder why Torra's father would work with the FO if Torra's mother was a pilot for the Rebellion, same as Poe. I hope we won't have to wait too long to know more. Also, I found a fun fact, Captain Doza who lives in the High Tower is voiced by Jason Hightower. It's a nice coincidence.

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I think we have a Mandalorian Protector in the Resistance. Sooo interesting...So many new theories forming. cheers

@TheBastardofMandalore
Looks like the Mandalorian Protector's symbol was in the cantina, do you still think Tam is part of them?
However, the cantina also have a mandalorian helmet, so maybe it's not decoration only.

Does this helmet looks familiar to you? I was thinking Protector but i'm not sure. scratch
@LadyGaufrette

Yeah, the Mando helmet in Auntie Z’s bar does look like an old Protector helmet from Rebels Season 2. Interesting... Confus  

As for Tam being a Mandalorian spy, I still have hope. Her personality screams “Mando”. Plus the imagery of having Tam next to a Mandalorian Protector banner seems to be a hint/foreshadowing of her origins. Remember, “Nothing happens by accident.” - Qui-Gon Jinn (or Star Wars storytelling in general).  I think there is something big going on on the Colossus. I’m sure the Resistance isn’t the only group in the galaxy to have spies in play. The FO is a big looming threat to many systems and the ruler/leaders of those systems are curious and cautious. So far my biggest suspicions for the undercover Mandos are Tam, Freiya and Griff. If one, or all of them are Mandalorian, why are they there? Is it just to spy on the FO or is their mission multi-layered? Meaning are they killing 2 birds with one stone? Not only are they spying but protecting something/someone as well...

@Starliteprism

Great theory regarding Torra’s parentage. It would make for an interesting twist.
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 325
Likes : 712
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Riri on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 11:23 am

So what do we think of the
Spoiler:
Kylo Ren name drop in this episode? Eek!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 661
Likes : 4605
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 11:57 am

@Riri
I haven’t seen it yet as we are one week behind in Uk but saw this spoiler drop on Reddit and I was omg! I can’t believe how fast this series is moving . I can’t wait for the episode you mentioned . Am wondering whether one of us should post that spoiler on the episode 9 spoiler thread for people who aren’t watching Resistance ?
avatar
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 564
Likes : 1753
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@Riri
I haven’t seen it yet as we are one week behind in Uk but saw this spoiler drop on Reddit and I was omg! I can’t believe how fast this series is moving . I can’t wait for the episode you mentioned . Am wondering whether one of us should post that spoiler on the episode 9 spoiler thread for people who aren’t watching Resistance ?
@AhsokaTano

I, personally, don't think it is worthy of mention in the episode 9 spoiler thread.   I watched it this morning online, via Disneynow, and it is a name drop, and the plot connected with the name drop is eyebrow raising, but I then had to remind myself this is 6 months prior to TFA.  Plus! We don't know the whole story - things may seem more than they seem...in the positive light...the first steps...to what we saw in TFA.

Anyway..this is a person that in many ways is no more from what we saw in TFA (and perhaps the same in some ways...yet no way to know until MAYBE we receive the title for IX, and start to see misdirect teasers and trailers - lol - for IX).


Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 12:33 pm

Possible spoiler for IX - I will allow others to decide if this should be shared in that forum - Smile Very Happy but the planet Tehar (not exactly a spoiler, it's a part of the title). I cannot find anything about it in the Databank (or Wookiepedia)....wonder if it is a desert planet??? Will make an appearance in IX? (i.e. the location of the Jordan filmings??).
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 2:01 pm

@Riri wrote:So what do we think of the
Spoiler:
Kylo Ren name drop in this episode? Eek!
@Riri
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:@Riri
I haven’t seen it yet as we are one week behind in Uk but saw this spoiler drop on Reddit and I was omg! I can’t believe how fast this series is moving . I can’t wait for the episode you mentioned . Am wondering whether one of us should post that spoiler on the episode 9 spoiler thread for people who aren’t watching Resistance ?
@AhsokaTano

I, personally, don't think it is worthy of mention in the episode 9 spoiler thread.   I watched it this morning online, via Disneynow, and it is a name drop, and the plot connected with the name drop is eyebrow raising, but I then had to remind myself this is 6 months prior to TFA.  Plus! We don't know the whole story - things may seem more than they seem...in the positive light...the first steps...to what we saw in TFA.

Anyway..this is a person that in many ways is no more from what we saw in TFA (and perhaps the same in some ways...yet no way to know until MAYBE we receive the title for IX, and start to see misdirect teasers and trailers - lol - for IX).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was honestly surprised to see Kylo presented as a villain by Lucasfilm after all those positive months about him when they softened him up. However if I don't see him do bad deeds on screen, I take everything with a grain of salt. Until now, all Kylo's kills were personal and I don't see him do the ordinary job of the FO, so there must something more behind it.
Kylo killed his own father and he is still my favorite character, nothing he can do now can be worse.

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Possible spoiler for IX - I will allow others to decide if this should be shared in that forum - Smile Very Happy but the planet Tehar (not exactly a spoiler, it's a part of the title). I cannot find anything about it in the Databank (or Wookiepedia)....wonder if it is a desert planet??? Will make an appearance in IX? (i.e. the location of the Jordan filmings??).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Like you I searched to see if we saw this planet before. Laughing
I think I heard it was in the Unknown regions, so maybe that why it never appeared before. I don't have the feeling it will be in IX, for me the situation with the children is the same as Rose and Paige's, their planet was attacked by the FO to exploit their ressources. I'm a little sad because I was hoping they were children of FO members. But I'm curious about the symbol used to identify the children.
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 247
Likes : 643
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 2:07 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Riri wrote:So what do we think of the
Spoiler:
Kylo Ren name drop in this episode? Eek!
@Riri
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:@Riri
I haven’t seen it yet as we are one week behind in Uk but saw this spoiler drop on Reddit and I was omg! I can’t believe how fast this series is moving . I can’t wait for the episode you mentioned . Am wondering whether one of us should post that spoiler on the episode 9 spoiler thread for people who aren’t watching Resistance ?
@AhsokaTano

I, personally, don't think it is worthy of mention in the episode 9 spoiler thread.   I watched it this morning online, via Disneynow, and it is a name drop, and the plot connected with the name drop is eyebrow raising, but I then had to remind myself this is 6 months prior to TFA.  Plus! We don't know the whole story - things may seem more than they seem...in the positive light...the first steps...to what we saw in TFA.

Anyway..this is a person that in many ways is no more from what we saw in TFA (and perhaps the same in some ways...yet no way to know until MAYBE we receive the title for IX, and start to see misdirect teasers and trailers - lol - for IX).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was honestly surprised to see Kylo presented as a villain by Lucasfilm after all those positive months about him when they softened him up. However if I don't see him do bad deeds on screen, I take everything with a grain of salt. Until now, all Kylo's kills were personal and I don't see him do the ordinary job of the FO, so there must something more behind it.
Kylo killed his own father and he is still my favorite character, nothing he can do now can be worse.

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Possible spoiler for IX - I will allow others to decide if this should be shared in that forum - Smile Very Happy but the planet Tehar (not exactly a spoiler, it's a part of the title). I cannot find anything about it in the Databank (or Wookiepedia)....wonder if it is a desert planet??? Will make an appearance in IX? (i.e. the location of the Jordan filmings??).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Like you I searched to see if we saw this planet before. Laughing
I think I heard it was in the Unknown regions, so maybe that why it never appeared before. I don't have the feeling it will be in IX, for me the situation with the children is the same as Rose and Paige's, their planet was attacked by the FO to exploit their ressources. I'm a little sad because I was hoping they were children of FO members. But I'm curious about the symbol used to identify the children.
@LadyGaufrette

Discussed this via DM with someone else, so I will just copy and paste what I typed Very Happy

"6 months prior to TFA, he was a villain, and what happened could fit with his search for Lor San Tekka, and he was very ruthless with that.

LF has it for a reason...1) Wouldn't make sense to ignore, and 2) I truly don't think it's all that it seems. The kids escaped, I think Ben allowed them to, or it fits when he showed mercy to Finn....and Phasma really wanted to find them...Hux and Phasma are suspicious of Kylo, even during TFA....

If anything, I remember when I watched Xena, and they had episodes touching on her past before her redemption. It was pretty ugly at times....s*** like that happens when a villain is redeemed. And we Reylos do not deny that Kylo/Ben was a villain during TFA, and technically during TLJ. We are looking at his potential and what we know about SW - HOPE! And he is Leia's son! Very Happy

I just hope it doesn't cause panic with Reylos because depending on how LF pursues marketing for IX....perhaps with misdirects, it may get dramatic. So, hopefully this is kept in perspective, or things will get very stressful next year.

With IX, I am hoping they will be obvious about the redemption in the marketing...just ??? if he will survive or not (and if reylo happens). This/the Resistance episode does not change my mind about that at all. Smile Very Happy"
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 6:41 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

True he is a villain, and I know it's necessary that he did bad things to have a redemption. I think what got me was the 'Evil Kylo Ren' appearing out of nowhere when we've been deprived of new Ben content for so long. Laughing
I think Lucasfilm want to use him as a boogeyman, like Vader, to inspire fear with only his name.
Yet for me it was more of a 'drama of the week' coming from him.

I didn't watch Xena, but I saw other redemptions, and I think there is a limit at how much you show bad deeds. For example, with Vader and all the material where he appears in the new canon, I think more and more it was a little too easy how he became a force ghost and all was nice with Yoda and Obi-wan. (I also think he didn't have a redemption arc, he just did a good action once and died for it. I dislike the death=redemption trope, I don't think it's interesting, but that off topic)
I don't think it is a good idea to remind too often to your audience how your redeemed character was a jerk before because the purpose of a redemption arc is too go forward, not get stuck in the past. But with Kylo, maybe they want to show a maximum of his bad decisions before he is redeemed because they will avoid them later.

True, it will be nice if the redemption was in the marketing. Not that I doubt it but then some people would stop saying he is going to die like a villain. Rolling Eyes


On another subject, I think I will rewatch all the episodes to be sure, but for now the serie doesn't pass the Bechdel test?
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 247
Likes : 643
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:42 am

This show isn’t available on any streaming service is it? I thought I’d heard that it was going to be available on Amazon Prime, but... it’s not Sad
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1968
Likes : 9737
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:59 am

@LadyGaufrette wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

True he is a villain, and I know it's necessary that he did bad things to have a redemption. I think what got me was the 'Evil Kylo Ren' appearing out of nowhere when we've been deprived of new Ben content for so long. Laughing
I think Lucasfilm want to use him as a boogeyman, like Vader, to inspire fear with only his name.
Yet for me it was more of a 'drama of the week' coming from him.

I didn't watch Xena, but I saw other redemptions, and I think there is a limit at how much you show bad deeds. For example, with Vader and all the material where he appears in the new canon, I think more and more it was a little too easy how he became a force ghost and all was nice with Yoda and Obi-wan. (I also think he didn't have a redemption arc, he just did a good action once and died for it. I dislike the death=redemption trope, I don't think it's interesting, but that off topic)
I don't think it is a good idea to remind too often to your audience how your redeemed character was a jerk before because the purpose of a redemption arc is too go forward, not get stuck in the past. But with Kylo, maybe they want to show a maximum of his bad decisions before he is redeemed because they will avoid them later.

True, it will be nice if the redemption was in the marketing. Not that I doubt it but then some people would stop saying he is going to die like a villain. Rolling Eyes


On another subject, I think I will rewatch all the episodes to be sure, but for now the serie doesn't pass the Bechdel test?
@LadyGaufrette

I don't think it's anything to worry about. We're heightened about it because of Reylo and Bendemption, yet in the scheme of storytelling, it's fine. I think the Ralph Breaks the Internet story shows that how he is revealed in a negative light is under strict story controls because of reylo and bendemption. Very Happy Smile

If antis get to you, I recommend ignoring it....this is 6 months prior to TFA! Very Happy Smile
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:03 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This show isn’t available on any streaming service is it? I thought I’d heard that it was going to be available on Amazon Prime, but... it’s not Sad
@Cowgirlsamurai

It is available on Google Play - ~$30 for the entire season, single episodes are about $2 each. (I watch it courtesy of Disney Now, but that needs cable subscription verification to watch.)

https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Star_Wars_Resistance?id=UeYGiaogkyhsRqrvzGjTVg
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, it’s cheaper on Google than Amazon, then. I think the season was $39.99 there Smile
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1968
Likes : 9737
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:30 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, it’s cheaper on Google than Amazon, then. I think the season was $39.99 there Smile
@Cowgirlsamurai

If you have any sort of cable service provider, you can stream it for free through the Disney Now app (you just need to sign in with Comcast, AT&T, or whatever account.)
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5683
Likes : 29489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:51 pm

Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
avatar
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 564
Likes : 1753
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 2:20 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident  in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
@AhsokaTano
That's from Wookieepedia, anyone can edit that, so I can't say if that's canon or not.
avatar
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 739
Likes : 3407
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 24
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:45 pm

He is not even mentioned in the BUCKET’S LIST EXTRA: 8 FUN FACTS FROM “THE CHILDREN FROM TEHAR” – STAR WARS RESISTANCE article, which to me, shows that this is no big deal to LF.  I think the focus on it by antis AND reylos is an indication of bias (of course, ours/reylos bias is the best. Very Happy)

It is a facet of his story, that was 6 months prior to TFA.  It is no worse than what was seen in TFA.  So, TFA's attack also could have been genocide - depends on the bias of the person composing it, and I don't think it's the opinion of LF.  

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-the-children-from-tehar-star-wars-resistance

Transcript:  You are welcome! Very Happy Razz  Watched/listened just now, and had subtitles on...
Kaz - Whoever is trying to find you is paying a lot of credits, so that must mean they care  (Note, it's Phasma that is seen with all of this, which tells me, it's behind Kylo/Ben's back).
Eila (Girl/Sister of Kel) You don't understand.  We're not lost, we ran away.
Kaz - You ran away? From who?
(Kel talks about his sister's broken leg because she tripped in the market, if I recall - did not rewatch that part for this - Neeku becomes a paramedic)
Neeku - Where are your parents, young ones?
Kel (Boy/Brother of Eila) - Gone.  Our whole village is gone.  (Saw the same in TFA, plus, I got Xena vibes lol)
Kel - We're the only survivors
Neeku - So, who was it that destroyed your people?
Eila - Kylo Ren (remember, in TFA, Phasma pushed for action.  Yes, it was Kylo that gave the order, and it is under his name, but there is a lot to the scene. Same thing with this, probably...and we did not even see it, only hear about it.)
Neeku - What is a Kylo Ren? (haha, how he said it was adorable)
Eila - That's what his army called him. He was dressed in black. Carried a laser sword, like the old Jedi stories (interesting the word Jedi was picked by LF here)
Kel - My sister and I barely escaped his destruction.  He brought a small army with him.  We snuck onto a cargo ship, and made it off Tehar without being seen. Ended up here.(Xena vibes continue. haha)

Anyway, doubt all this was an accident.  Would not be surprised if Ben actually helped them escape...purposely did not notice them, as they escaped -maybe more, ..plus...a lot about the attack we don't know.  TFA showed he could be ruthless...but I see more cracks in the armor...the beginning of light here, versus concern.  I think it's huge that the kids got away, and LF makes no big deal about it in the summary article about the show.  Which again, tells me we are heightening this, versus keeping it in perspective. No more responding to antis! Very Happy
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 9:02 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh, it’s cheaper on Google than Amazon, then. I think the season was $39.99 there Smile
@Cowgirlsamurai

If you have any sort of cable service provider, you can stream it for free through the Disney Now app (you just need to sign in with Comcast, AT&T, or whatever account.)
@ISeeAnIsland

Bah! Tried it. Didn’t work. We have Comcast. You can access some things on DisneyNow, but Resistance isn’t one of them.

avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1968
Likes : 9737
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 1:24 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Many thanks for the transcript ! Razz I love you Also I think obi wan’s phrase’s about truth and viewpoint are probably very relevant here “you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.” This is definitely true I think in this case and as the transcript and your notes suggest - there is more to it they are not telling us .
avatar
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 564
Likes : 1753
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 5:42 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident  in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
@AhsokaTano
That's from Wookieepedia, anyone can edit that, so I can't say if that's canon or not.
@Moonlight13

And I think the person who wrote the article is not objective. One comment of the discussion said it perfectly.
Side note, but I really wish we'd stop classifying acts of mass murder as genocide. Genocide implies the specific intent to wipe out a specific people, not just massacring.

With the vague information we were given, there is no way they could be that specific in their article. Genocide is a strong word which must not be used lightly.
And with @SW_Heroine_Journey 's transcript, we know it was only one village, "Our whole village is gone". It's mass murder, but I wouldn't call it a genocide.

The parallel made with the village of TFA makes me wonder if those children were part of a religious group. They also have the object with a strange symbol.

SW_Heroine_Journey, I like your theory about Kylo letting the children go but I don't know if this will be brought up later in the serie. On a side note, my comment on marketing wasn't even about antis (I learned to stop listening to them a long time ago), but about casual fans. That they don't see what seems obvious to me makes me grumpy Laughing.
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 247
Likes : 643
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 7:56 am

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident  in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
@AhsokaTano
That's from Wookieepedia, anyone can edit that, so I can't say if that's canon or not.
@Moonlight13

And I think the person who wrote the article is not objective. One comment of the discussion said it perfectly.
Side note, but I really wish we'd stop classifying acts of mass murder as genocide. Genocide implies the specific intent to wipe out a specific people, not just massacring.

With the vague information we were given, there is no way they could be that specific in their article. Genocide is a strong word which must not be used lightly.
And with @SW_Heroine_Journey 's transcript, we know it was only one village, "Our whole village is gone". It's mass murder, but I wouldn't call it a genocide.

The parallel made with the village of TFA makes me wonder if those children were part of a religious group. They also have the object with a strange symbol.

SW_Heroine_Journey, I like your theory about Kylo letting the children go but I don't know if this will be brought up later in the serie. On a side note, my comment on marketing wasn't even about antis (I learned to stop listening to them a long time ago), but about casual fans. That they don't see what seems obvious to me makes me grumpy Laughing.
@LadyGaufrette
These are the only references I could find on the databank:
Spoiler:


avatar
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 739
Likes : 3407
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 24
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:15 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident  in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
@AhsokaTano
That's from Wookieepedia, anyone can edit that, so I can't say if that's canon or not.
@Moonlight13

And I think the person who wrote the article is not objective. One comment of the discussion said it perfectly.
Side note, but I really wish we'd stop classifying acts of mass murder as genocide. Genocide implies the specific intent to wipe out a specific people, not just massacring.

With the vague information we were given, there is no way they could be that specific in their article. Genocide is a strong word which must not be used lightly.
And with @SW_Heroine_Journey 's transcript, we know it was only one village, "Our whole village is gone". It's mass murder, but I wouldn't call it a genocide.

The parallel made with the village of TFA makes me wonder if those children were part of a religious group. They also have the object with a strange symbol.

SW_Heroine_Journey, I like your theory about Kylo letting the children go but I don't know if this will be brought up later in the serie. On a side note, my comment on marketing wasn't even about antis (I learned to stop listening to them a long time ago), but about casual fans. That they don't see what seems obvious to me makes me grumpy Laughing.
@LadyGaufrette
These are the only references I could find on the databank:
Spoiler:


@Moonlight13

I noticed that too!  Not mentioned in one entry, and mentioned in the other - but in the ....my silly mind...I read it in the way the White Rabbit says, "And the king" in Alice in Wonderland. lol  More of a...oh yeah...add him too...because for now, he is viewed as a villain by all (except the awesome reylos and bendemptionists). Very Happy Well, we know he is currently a villain, but we see his potential! Smile


Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:21 am

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Hi all as I said above I haven’t seen current episode of resistance as we are a week behind and I take on board everything you’re all saying however it looks like now the incident  in Tehar is being called the genocide of Tehar and it was done under command of Kylo Ren. Genocide is very serious wording . I understand Kylo wasn’t sweet and innocent under the first order but if Disney start putting in too many of these atrocities for Kylo Ren will there be going back for him to the light ? Sad

Spoiler from the last episode of Resistance: is this complicating a possible redemption and "happy ending" for Kylo ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9ugspu/spoiler_from_the_last_episode_of_resistance_is/?st=JO4POL7Y&sh=e94ee857

Am not saying I expected him to be all fluffy and light ( because I didn’t ) but it will interesting in the next year how they portray Kylo- just hope we don’t get a bombardment of these type of atrocities.
@AhsokaTano
That's from Wookieepedia, anyone can edit that, so I can't say if that's canon or not.
@Moonlight13

And I think the person who wrote the article is not objective. One comment of the discussion said it perfectly.
Side note, but I really wish we'd stop classifying acts of mass murder as genocide. Genocide implies the specific intent to wipe out a specific people, not just massacring.

With the vague information we were given, there is no way they could be that specific in their article. Genocide is a strong word which must not be used lightly.
And with @SW_Heroine_Journey 's transcript, we know it was only one village, "Our whole village is gone". It's mass murder, but I wouldn't call it a genocide.

The parallel made with the village of TFA makes me wonder if those children were part of a religious group. They also have the object with a strange symbol.

SW_Heroine_Journey, I like your theory about Kylo letting the children go but I don't know if this will be brought up later in the serie. On a side note, my comment on marketing wasn't even about antis (I learned to stop listening to them a long time ago), but about casual fans. That they don't see what seems obvious to me makes me grumpy Laughing.
@LadyGaufrette

lol Smile Goodwill hugs!

I even picture him doing the - in the spirit of his namesake and the jedi mind trick, "You will sneak onto that cargo ship." lol

I had a sad realization. What if Ben guided things so the kids would be safe...even hoping/knowing they made it to Hosnian Prime, and Sad As many have mentioned, he was not a part of the destruction order, and removed himself. He was masked when it occurred, yet cineamphiles have said that way it is shot indicates disagreement, shock, horror. What if, along with being worried about his mother, he was worried about the kids he saved. So, that could have been the first - when I do something right, it ends up wrong. And then, we know the saving Finn part too. He really kicked himself about that. Smile
avatar
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 452
Likes : 1123
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum