Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:23 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
Many thanks for the transcript ! Razz I love you Also I think obi wan’s phrase’s about truth and viewpoint are probably very relevant here “you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.” This is definitely true I think in this case and as the transcript and your notes suggest - there is more to it they are not telling us .
@AhsokaTano

You are very welcome!!! Very Happy And yes...indeed! H-beating
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 4:39 pm

I’m wondering if the space pirates are after something on the Colossus, or within its vicinity. They apparently have been trying to infiltrate the station for a while. Since they are animal traffickers/smugglers, what if they are working for King Prana? Just like Han in TFA. Maybe they are after this creature...
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 5:26 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I’m wondering if the space pirates are after something on the Colossus, or within its vicinity. They apparently have been trying to infiltrate the station for a while. Since they are animal traffickers/smugglers, what if they are working for King Prana? Just like Han in TFA. Maybe they are after this creature...
@TheBastardofMandalore, What is that picture from? That's really cool.
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 6:20 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I’m wondering if the space pirates are after something on the Colossus, or within its vicinity. They apparently have been trying to infiltrate the station for a while. Since they are animal traffickers/smugglers, what if they are working for King Prana? Just like Han in TFA. Maybe they are after this creature...

Also, to elaborate even more on this speculation, what if the FO is after this creature too? What if the giant beastie has the potential to be exploited for militaristic purposes like the Zillo Beast in TCW? We already know that the FO is interested in the Colossus as well. I can see the space pirates playing both the FO and their other (possible) wealthy clientele. Pirates are always vying for the bigger payout.
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@12 Parsnips

It’s a screenshot from the extended trailer for Resistance that dropped back in August I think. It’s the beast that appears to be attacking the station.

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:

Also, to elaborate even more on this speculation, what if the FO is after this creature too? What if the giant beastie has the potential to be exploited for militaristic purposes like the Zillo Beast in TCW? We already know that the FO is interested in the Colossus as well. I can see the space pirates playing both the FO and their other (possible) wealthy clientele. Pirates are always vying for the bigger payout.
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@12 Parsnips

It’s a screenshot from the extended trailer for Resistance that dropped back in August I think. It’s the beast that appears to be attacking the station.

@TheBastardofMandalore

When the Chelidae were in the water (posing as the children, so that the First Order presumed they were dead based on slow vitals), they did not seem too concerned to be in the water. Therefore, either this beast is unknown to even them, or there is a symbiosis/peace, and indeed...something agitated it for the attack we will soon see in an episode or 2 (maybe 3)...I think there are three more at most with this season. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 4:02 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@12 Parsnips

@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you! Oh my, I guess I must have missed that! It is interesting though, because in the early episodes when they tell Kaz he's going to crash during the race with Torra, and when Kaz is worried about getting tossed over the side by Aunt Z's goons, he is told there are things in the water that eat people.

And yet as @SW_Heroine_Journey points out, the Chelidea didn't seem concerned, nor was anyone freaking out when Kaz kept dropping machinery into the ocean that had to be fished out.  scratch
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

@TheBastardofMandalore

I always thought the pirates were attacking the Colossus because the FO ordered it to them, so they could negociate with Doza.
The mystery here would be why the FO need controls over the Colossus. In the last episode, we learnt there is military junk in the water (why? I wonder), so maybe the FO need to retrieve something important on this planet without rising suspicion. They insisted longer than necessary on kyber crystals but that is my feeling. Also, now Synara is a scavenger, so we have a planet under the FO's eyes + a scavenger + people escaping from him, so where he's the Kylo Ren. Laughing

Also, congratulation, the serie passed the Bechdel test with Tam and Synara, and I'm rather curious to see how their relationship is going to evolve. I suppose Synara is going to leave the pirates to join Tam's group, maybe we'll know more about the FO/pirates deal.

However, I prefered the previous episode. It had a new droid, a lot of droid humour and now Kowakian monkey-lizards are the Gremlins of the SW universe. My favorite scene is when Poe shot his blaster to scare a monkey-lizard but actually killed one. Kaz and the monkey-lizard's faces were hilarious.
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 21 Nov 2018, 5:45 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore

I always thought the pirates were attacking the Colossus because the FO ordered it to them, so they could negociate with Doza.
The mystery here would be why the FO need controls over the Colossus. In the last episode, we learnt there is military junk in the water (why? I wonder), so maybe the FO need to retrieve something important on this planet without rising suspicion. They insisted longer than necessary on kyber crystals but that is my feeling. Also, now Synara is a scavenger, so we have a planet under the FO's eyes + a scavenger + people escaping from him, so where he's the Kylo Ren. Laughing

Also, congratulation, the serie passed the Bechdel test with Tam and Synara, and I'm rather curious to see how their relationship is going to evolve. I suppose Synara is going to leave the pirates to join Tam's group, maybe we'll know more about the FO/pirates deal.

However, I prefered the previous episode. It had a new droid, a lot of droid humour and now Kowakian monkey-lizards are the Gremlins of the SW universe. My favorite scene is when Poe shot his blaster to scare a monkey-lizard but actually killed one. Kaz and the monkey-lizard's faces were hilarious.
@LadyGaufrette

Yes, the mention about kyber crystals was definitely emphasized a couple of times, the scavenger parallel of sorts. Maybe when the empire fell, like Jakku, bits fell into the ocean/planet that need collecting? And I think there will be a bit of a back and forth thing with Synara but would be nice to see her side with Tam/Kaz.

It hasn't taken me long to appreciate the vibe/dynamic of the show. It's a keeper and I look forward to more depth being added to the storyline Laughing
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 5:19 pm

I was checking Clairen45's tumblr, and she reblogged an item indicating that there is a new voice actress for Leia's voice, after the last one became controversial.

per antbee17 "Just wanted to give a heads up to those that watch Star Wars: Resistance or that can’t watch it but are following along with the show. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say this since she appeared in the trailer, but the voice of General Leia Organa is now done by Carolyn Hennesy, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0377321/. (It doesn’t say it yet on her IMDb page; although, it does say she does the voice of General Organa for LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars, but I checked on the credits to see and it says her name.) So for those that were wondering how the show was going to handle the situation, yes that other actress was replaced, so if that was a concern, you’re good to watch it now."

http://antbee17.tumblr.com/post/180949590344
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum