Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 3:39 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey-- "The Disappeared" is finally there on the Disney Now app, but I was quite disappointed Sunday morning not to have my coffee with Kaz. I had to watch it later, and on TV, of all places! Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 7:19 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey-- "The Disappeared" is finally there on the Disney Now app, but I was quite disappointed Sunday morning not to have my coffee with Kaz. I had to watch it later, and on TV, of all places! Razz
@12 Parsnips

The horror, right??! lol

I now wonder if characters resembling Hype, Aunt Z, the other two characters (I can't remember their names - I'm bad eek) are in the background during the Maz's castle bar/hang out scene in TFA. ?? (Will keep an eye out for that on next watch, but will not watch it now purposely for that. teehee) If so, we can now say "There they are!" And it makes sense now in the story why they would be on Takodana.

If so, I doubt if LF planned exactly that (for Resistance purposes back then, yet if they did - double curtsies). If no though, I enjoy how they watched that scene to pick out characters that could then become major characters in Resistance for this purpose. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 8:18 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey-- "The Disappeared" is finally there on the Disney Now app, but I was quite disappointed Sunday morning not to have my coffee with Kaz. I had to watch it later, and on TV, of all places! Razz
@12 Parsnips

The horror, right??!  lol

I now wonder if characters resembling Hype, Aunt Z, the other two characters (I can't remember their names - I'm bad eek) are in the background during the Maz's castle bar/hang out scene in TFA.  ?? (Will keep an eye out for that on next watch, but will not watch it now purposely for that. teehee) If so, we can now say "There they are!"  And it makes sense now in the story why they would be on Takodana.

If so, I doubt if LF planned exactly that (for Resistance purposes back then, yet if they did - double curtsies).  If no though, I enjoy how they watched that scene to pick out characters that could then become major characters in Resistance for this purpose. Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Haha, that little guy that Kaz saved by getting his trophy smashed--he could be hiding anywhere in Maz's bar! Laughing

I watched a review video (I think it was Star Wars Explained?) that mentioned that if any of those four characters ever come back to fight for the Colossus, it would be cool if they brought back some of the characters from that scene in TFA with them, like the guys Finn was going to go off with.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 27 Feb 2019, 8:46 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey-- "The Disappeared" is finally there on the Disney Now app, but I was quite disappointed Sunday morning not to have my coffee with Kaz. I had to watch it later, and on TV, of all places! Razz
@12 Parsnips

The horror, right??!  lol

I now wonder if characters resembling Hype, Aunt Z, the other two characters (I can't remember their names - I'm bad eek) are in the background during the Maz's castle bar/hang out scene in TFA.  ?? (Will keep an eye out for that on next watch, but will not watch it now purposely for that. teehee) If so, we can now say "There they are!"  And it makes sense now in the story why they would be on Takodana.

If so, I doubt if LF planned exactly that (for Resistance purposes back then, yet if they did - double curtsies).  If no though, I enjoy how they watched that scene to pick out characters that could then become major characters in Resistance for this purpose. Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Haha, that little guy that Kaz saved by getting his trophy smashed--he could be hiding anywhere in Maz's bar! Laughing

I watched a review video (I think it was Star Wars Explained?) that mentioned that if any of those four characters ever come back to fight for the Colossus, it would be cool if they brought back some of the characters from that scene in TFA with them, like the guys Finn was going to go off with.
@12 Parsnips

Ooh! I love that...if we find out the planet location of the group Finn might have joined is Castilon for the purposes of assisting those on the Colossus. If so, that really adds more weight, if you will, to that scene even though rightfully so - Finn ended up not leaving with them. Love! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 3:28 am

What did you think of the last few episodes?

I loved them, the show has really gained momentum and yesterday's finale had me teary eyed, even though I knew it was coming.


Last edited by Man Without A Star on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 233
Likes : 1094
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-08
Age : 24
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:09 am

@Man Without A Star wrote:What did you think of the last few episodes?

I loved them, the show is really gained momentum and yesterday's finale had me teary eyed, even though I knew it was coming.
@Man Without A Star

Me too!

I have really enjoyed it! Very intrigued about where the plot is heading for Part 2 next week, and cannot wait to discuss it more here! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 4:34 pm

@Man Without A Star @SW_Heroine_Journey
I loved these last two episodes! I'm dreading the next episode as much as I'm looking forward to it, since after that we will have a long dry spell until fall!



*SPOILERS AHEAD FOR "NO ESCAPE"*





I wasn't sure they were going to have Kaz see the end of the holo-cast of SKB, and I was suddenly wondering whether it would be better for poor Kaz to see that his planet got blown up, or to hear about it after the fact.  Sad  After he'd said earlier in the episode that he'll escape with everyone back to his home, I got a lump in my throat.

We didn't get to see Kaz's full reaction this week, but I hope he doesn't go to a dark place...but I hope he also realizes there's no way he's going to be able to liberate the Colossus with just that small group of people--assuming he rescues Yeager, Doza, and the aces. He needs a grass-roots uprising, Flix and Orca and Bitey and Opeepit and everyone, plus maybe some pirates and heck, why not even Mama Bibo. And get that Class-2 hyperdrive fired up! We're going to space, kids!  bounce  (Maybe not till next season though!)

What do you all think is going to happen with Tam?

I want her back in the fold, so to speak, but I also really enjoy watching the conflict she's dealing with play out. I want her to come back to the "good guys," but maybe she will need to be with the FO for a while before that happens? I'd love to see her work through the moral complexities of her world view of peace and order over freedom and justice. She can do that next week, and I'd be happy, but it seems more impactful to the conflict and drama of the story if she truly joins the FO (yes, rationalizing the firing of SKB) but then has a change of heart over the course of Season 2.

My dream is that some of these characters appear (however briefly) live action in Ep. IX. I would love it so much!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 6:01 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:@Man Without A Star @SW_Heroine_Journey
I loved these last two episodes! I'm dreading the next episode as much as I'm looking forward to it, since after that we will have a long dry spell until fall!



*SPOILERS AHEAD FOR "NO ESCAPE"*





I wasn't sure they were going to have Kaz see the end of the holo-cast of SKB, and I was suddenly wondering whether it would be better for poor Kaz to see that his planet got blown up, or to hear about it after the fact.  Sad  After he'd said earlier in the episode that he'll escape with everyone back to his home, I got a lump in my throat.

We didn't get to see Kaz's full reaction this week, but I hope he doesn't go to a dark place...but I hope he also realizes there's no way he's going to be able to liberate the Colossus with just that small group of people--assuming he rescues Yeager, Doza, and the aces. He needs a grass-roots uprising, Flix and Orca and Bitey and Opeepit and everyone, plus maybe some pirates and heck, why not even Mama Bibo. And get that Class-2 hyperdrive fired up! We're going to space, kids!  bounce  (Maybe not till next season though!)

What do you all think is going to happen with Tam?

I want her back in the fold, so to speak, but I also really enjoy watching the conflict she's dealing with play out. I want her to come back to the "good guys," but maybe she will need to be with the FO for a while before that happens? I'd love to see her work through the moral complexities of her world view of peace and order over freedom and justice. She can do that next week, and I'd be happy, but it seems more impactful to the conflict and drama of the story if she truly joins the FO (yes, rationalizing the firing of SKB) but then has a change of heart over the course of Season 2.

My dream is that some of these characters appear (however briefly) live action in Ep. IX. I would love it so much!
@12 Parsnips
Spoiler:
Actually, Tam's arc kind of reminds me of Edmund Pevensie's arc Laughing , especially in the last couple of episodes:
.Tierny gives her the best food, tells her that her friends betrayed her, and gives her the possibility of achiving her dream if she tells her their location.
.The White Witch gives Edmund tea and sweets, offers him power and tells him that he will have his siblings as servants (since he's always felt marginalized by them) if he brings them to her castle, etc.
I'm wondering if it will be resolved in a similar way: she will betray them, but after realizing that the FO are the bad guys (maybe after she helps them, they somehow betray her), she will have a change of heart.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 926
Likes : 4417
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:10 pm

@Moonlight13
Spoiler:
I hadn't thought of that story, but that's a good point...I can see Tam sitting in the aces' lounge eating Turkish delight with that weird fork that looks like a pair of pliers!  Wink And once Tierny gets Tam in her power fully, I can see her turning on poor Tam like the White Witch does. But if I'm recalling correctly, even though Edmund has a change of heart, doesn't it take Aslan's sacrifice to fully get Edmund back? A friend and I were talking about who might have to die in Resistance (if anyone has to), and we are both convinced it will have to be the mentor figure, Yeager. I can really see him sacrificing himself in this way for any of his crew if it was necessary. Crying or Very sad
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:17 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:@Moonlight13
Spoiler:
I hadn't thought of that story, but that's a good point...I can see Tam sitting in the aces' lounge eating Turkish delight with that weird fork that looks like a pair of pliers!  Wink And once Tierny gets Tam in her power fully, I can see her turning on poor Tam like the White Witch does. But if I'm recalling correctly, even though Edmund has a change of heart, doesn't it take Aslan's sacrifice to fully get Edmund back? A friend and I were talking about who might have to die in Resistance (if anyone has to), and we are both convinced it will have to be the mentor figure, Yeager. I can really see him sacrificing himself in this way for any of his crew if it was necessary. Crying or Very sad
@12 Parsnips
Spoiler:
Yes, you're right. That makes sense and I can see it happening, but I don't want it. pale
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 926
Likes : 4417
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 9:05 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@Moonlight13
Spoiler:
I hadn't thought of that story, but that's a good point...I can see Tam sitting in the aces' lounge eating Turkish delight with that weird fork that looks like a pair of pliers!  Wink And once Tierny gets Tam in her power fully, I can see her turning on poor Tam like the White Witch does. But if I'm recalling correctly, even though Edmund has a change of heart, doesn't it take Aslan's sacrifice to fully get Edmund back? A friend and I were talking about who might have to die in Resistance (if anyone has to), and we are both convinced it will have to be the mentor figure, Yeager. I can really see him sacrificing himself in this way for any of his crew if it was necessary. Crying or Very sad
@12 Parsnips
Spoiler:
Yes, you're right. That makes sense and I can see it happening, but I don't want it. pale
@Moonlight13

Spoiler:
Me neither! I think we've had plenty of death with Hosnian Prime and presumably Kaz's parents...

I started wondering today if Aunt Z, Hype, and company made it to Takodana yet...kind of hoping not, so they don't run smack into the FO attack there! But wouldn't they be surprised to find their old pal BB-8 running loose in the woods?  Laughing
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 11:05 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@Man Without A Star @SW_Heroine_Journey
I loved these last two episodes! I'm dreading the next episode as much as I'm looking forward to it, since after that we will have a long dry spell until fall!



*SPOILERS AHEAD FOR "NO ESCAPE"*





I wasn't sure they were going to have Kaz see the end of the holo-cast of SKB, and I was suddenly wondering whether it would be better for poor Kaz to see that his planet got blown up, or to hear about it after the fact.  Sad  After he'd said earlier in the episode that he'll escape with everyone back to his home, I got a lump in my throat.

We didn't get to see Kaz's full reaction this week, but I hope he doesn't go to a dark place...but I hope he also realizes there's no way he's going to be able to liberate the Colossus with just that small group of people--assuming he rescues Yeager, Doza, and the aces. He needs a grass-roots uprising, Flix and Orca and Bitey and Opeepit and everyone, plus maybe some pirates and heck, why not even Mama Bibo. And get that Class-2 hyperdrive fired up! We're going to space, kids!  bounce  (Maybe not till next season though!)

What do you all think is going to happen with Tam?

I want her back in the fold, so to speak, but I also really enjoy watching the conflict she's dealing with play out. I want her to come back to the "good guys," but maybe she will need to be with the FO for a while before that happens? I'd love to see her work through the moral complexities of her world view of peace and order over freedom and justice. She can do that next week, and I'd be happy, but it seems more impactful to the conflict and drama of the story if she truly joins the FO (yes, rationalizing the firing of SKB) but then has a change of heart over the course of Season 2.

My dream is that some of these characters appear (however briefly) live action in Ep. IX. I would love it so much!
@12 Parsnips
Spoiler:
Actually, Tam's arc kind of reminds me of Edmund Pevensie's arc Laughing , especially in the last couple of episodes:
.Tierny gives her the best food, tells her that her friends betrayed her, and gives her the possibility of achiving her dream if she tells her their location.
.The White Witch gives Edmund tea and sweets, offers him power and tells him that he will have his siblings as servants (since he's always felt marginalized by them) if he brings them to her castle, etc.
I'm wondering if it will be resolved in a similar way: she will betray them, but after realizing that the FO are the bad guys (maybe after she helps them, they somehow betray her), she will have a change of heart.
@Moonlight13

Oooh! I love the possible parallel to explain Tam' journey...

I understand what is mentioned about Yeager's...yet...I selfishly protest, but I understand if the narrative calls for it.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 11:12 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:@Man Without A Star @SW_Heroine_Journey
I loved these last two episodes! I'm dreading the next episode as much as I'm looking forward to it, since after that we will have a long dry spell until fall!



*SPOILERS AHEAD FOR "NO ESCAPE"*





I wasn't sure they were going to have Kaz see the end of the holo-cast of SKB, and I was suddenly wondering whether it would be better for poor Kaz to see that his planet got blown up, or to hear about it after the fact.  Sad  After he'd said earlier in the episode that he'll escape with everyone back to his home, I got a lump in my throat.

We didn't get to see Kaz's full reaction this week, but I hope he doesn't go to a dark place...but I hope he also realizes there's no way he's going to be able to liberate the Colossus with just that small group of people--assuming he rescues Yeager, Doza, and the aces. He needs a grass-roots uprising, Flix and Orca and Bitey and Opeepit and everyone, plus maybe some pirates and heck, why not even Mama Bibo. And get that Class-2 hyperdrive fired up! We're going to space, kids!  bounce  (Maybe not till next season though!)

What do you all think is going to happen with Tam?

I want her back in the fold, so to speak, but I also really enjoy watching the conflict she's dealing with play out. I want her to come back to the "good guys," but maybe she will need to be with the FO for a while before that happens? I'd love to see her work through the moral complexities of her world view of peace and order over freedom and justice. She can do that next week, and I'd be happy, but it seems more impactful to the conflict and drama of the story if she truly joins the FO (yes, rationalizing the firing of SKB) but then has a change of heart over the course of Season 2.

My dream is that some of these characters appear (however briefly) live action in Ep. IX. I would love it so much!
@12 Parsnips

My heart went out to Kaz, but I have to wonder if his family...his parents are spies for the FO.

Kaz is pure, yet I remember how we did not see his father due to the encrypted message. The narrative caused us - well me - to feel removed/have no emotional connection with his family.  Because I adore Kaz, I felt his pain, yet the logical part of my brain thought "the storytellers caused a schism with his family for me. Why? ....OMG! Maybe his family are spies for the FO, and we will see them in Season 2?"

I am thinking Part 2 ends with them on their way to Crait, yet they were regrettably too late (not for a lack of trying) help as we know because probably by the time they arrive, MF is gone.  Season 2 will be the end/between TLJ and Episode 9 is my guess.

Very intriguing about the lack of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren.  His only mention were related to the children.  They had their version, yet truly..he let them go because he is Ben Solo! Bendemption in the works!  Not to mention, they are very intelligent and have added insight, information to situations which helped Kaz, helps to move things along.  They helped to find the room with the Hyperdrive, so HEA for Season 1, relatively speaking, for all/most as seen in SW Resistance is due to Ben Solo in many ways. I know there is not Part 2 yet, however, they can show Darth Vader stuff, and it still will not matter - Redemption is about the 'present' choice, and Resistance is based in the past.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:02 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I have seen the idea of Kaz's parents being active FO sympathizers going around... (Incidentally, we know absolutely nothing about Kaz's mom except that he occasionally says "parents" instead of just "father," so I'd guess they agree on things.) In that conversation he had with this dad at the beginning of the series, his dad definitely was against the Resistance, but given the events of Bloodline, it could be that he just can't stand Leia because of her connection with Vader. Or he may be ideologically against forming a "radical" military faction like the Resistance.

But of course it would be very juicy in terms of drama that he IS (or was) an FO sympathizer! (I am kind of doubting the "spy" aspect, because I think his dad would have been more placating when he heard that Kaz was joining them, in order to get info out of Kaz.) I'm not crazy about using the "bad dad" idea again, but it could work.

We could still see Kylo Ren in Part 2, but I think lack of him would be more tantalizing. I very much got "Kylo Ren staring at Finn on Jakku and then letting him go" vibes from those two children escaping from Tehar. (Seriously--they escaped on a transport or something...how does a transport get off of a ruined planet? A droid must have stolen the freighter.  Razz ) I am really interested in what was so interesting about Tehar that Kylo Ren himself went there, given that there was a temple, and we are given hints that Ela (the girl--can't remember her name for sure) could be FS with her dreams of the future.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 9:15 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

I have seen the idea of Kaz's parents being active FO sympathizers going around... (Incidentally, we know absolutely nothing about Kaz's mom except that he occasionally says "parents" instead of just "father," so I'd guess they agree on things.) In that conversation he had with this dad at the beginning of the series, his dad definitely was against the Resistance, but given the events of Bloodline, it could be that he just can't stand Leia because of her connection with Vader. Or he may be ideologically against forming a "radical" military faction like the Resistance.

But of course it would be very juicy in terms of drama that he IS (or was) an FO sympathizer! (I am kind of doubting the "spy" aspect, because I think his dad would have been more placating when he heard that Kaz was joining them, in order to get info out of Kaz.) I'm not crazy about using the "bad dad" idea again, but it could work.

We could still see Kylo Ren in Part 2, but I think lack of him would be more tantalizing. I very much got "Kylo Ren staring at Finn on Jakku and then letting him go" vibes from those two children escaping from Tehar. (Seriously--they escaped on a transport or something...how does a transport get off of a ruined planet? A droid must have stolen the freighter.  Razz ) I am really interested in what was so interesting about Tehar that Kylo Ren himself went there, given that there was a temple, and we are given hints that Ela (the girl--can't remember her name for sure) could be FS with her dreams of the future.
@12 Parsnips

Either Ben went to Tehar because it had a clue about Lor San Tekka's location on Jakku, and that is mission #1 for him then because of his issue with Luke, and/or (because it could be nuanced), he knew/heard children were there (especially FS ones), and he wanted to be sure they were safe. Had to do the act of evil here and there because technically a dark side user, and this was before TFA, yet we know he had pulls to the light, even after he embraced his identity as KR. lol

All you say is well said! Thank you for responding (and following) what I typed. I sometimes wonder if my brain is rotting - lol because...eek, when I read things over the next day (plus, I tend to type, even if I am tired *blush*).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 5:03 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I'm thinking it's more likely to be the first option, Ben looking for the map/Luke/Lor San Tekka. (Or maybe even some other kind of Force object? I've always thought he was nerdy enough to enjoy going off and hunting for those with Luke in the old days...  Wink But that doesn't explain why the FO had to trash the place.)

I'm not as sure of keeping FS kids safe. If not for letting Finn go on Jakku, I would say no way. But you're right, you have to wonder what that conflict made him do for the light side pre-Rey, since all we saw before that (except letting Finn go) was dark side stuff. There had to be some light-side breakouts!

No worries--I understood what you wrote just fine! (Feel free to ask if I ever don't make sense, which is probably more than I'd like to admit.  Razz )
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 13 Mar 2019, 9:52 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

I'm thinking it's more likely to be the first option, Ben looking for the map/Luke/Lor San Tekka. (Or maybe even some other kind of Force object? I've always thought he was nerdy enough to enjoy going off and hunting for those with Luke in the old days...  Wink But that doesn't explain why the FO had to trash the place.)

I'm not as sure of keeping FS kids safe. If not for letting Finn go on Jakku, I would say no way. But you're right, you have to wonder what that conflict made him do for the light side pre-Rey, since all we saw before that (except letting Finn go) was dark side stuff. There had to be some light-side breakouts!

No worries--I understood what you wrote just fine! (Feel free to ask if I ever don't make sense, which is probably more than I'd like to admit.  Razz )
@12 Parsnips

lol.

Relief you understood me! Few more days, and then Part 2! bounce
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 3:51 am

Seen it! And it's adorable, satisfying, and mildly epic. Felt a little rushed, then again, my brain is tired fuzzy, lol, yet I enjoyed it, and excited to discuss it. Very Happy

(It was on Disney Now at midnight, shortly after midnight, but I was denied access, so I started watching Part 1. As I was watching Part 1, I fell asleep, haha and when I awakened ~30 minutes ago, I gave it another try, and I was allowed viewing access...so here I am now.) Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 7:09 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Seen it! And it's adorable, satisfying, and mildly epic.  Felt a little rushed, then again, my brain is tired fuzzy, lol, yet I enjoyed it, and excited to discuss it. Very Happy

(It was on Disney Now at midnight, shortly after midnight, but I was denied access, so I started watching Part 1.  As I was watching Part 1, I fell asleep, haha and when I awakened ~30 minutes ago, I gave it another try, and I was allowed viewing access...so here I am now.) Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
It did feel a little rushed, especially since in comparison Part 1 seemed to drag a bit so it could end with SKB firing. I don't begrudge them that though!

Tam!  Crying or Very sad Though I have to admit I am a little bit happy that we might get to see Tam continue to have an internal conflict in Season 2. I think she will change her mind, and then there will be the tension of how to escape... BTW, does she even know about SKB? It didn't seem so.

I have all kinds of thoughts about this episode, but I'll only inflict a few on everyone (at least in this post  Razz ).

I loved how Kaz got a mini trench run to rescue Yeager. So Star Wars! I was also wondering if Yeager was going to die there because killing off the mentor is also so Star Wars. Fortunately he survives. I want to see his relationship with Tam restored after she said he was like a father to her. That relationship is more important in my book than hers and Kaz's.

I was so nervous about Neeku and the kids running everything...can't we get some of the engineer-shellfolk to help, please? But maybe they aren't conversant in hyperspace stuff. Of course, apparently neither is Neeku. I wonder where the Colossus will end up? (Flying through hyperspace aint' like dustin' crops, boy!) I was kind of hoping for them to show up at D'Qar and that would be the end, and we wouldn't know if it was just before the huge fleet shows up at the beginning of TLJ, or after...so more of a cliffhanger than what actually happens. But this will do. But are they being tracked?

12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 10:02 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Seen it! And it's adorable, satisfying, and mildly epic.  Felt a little rushed, then again, my brain is tired fuzzy, lol, yet I enjoyed it, and excited to discuss it. Very Happy

(It was on Disney Now at midnight, shortly after midnight, but I was denied access, so I started watching Part 1.  As I was watching Part 1, I fell asleep, haha and when I awakened ~30 minutes ago, I gave it another try, and I was allowed viewing access...so here I am now.) Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
It did feel a little rushed, especially since in comparison Part 1 seemed to drag a bit so it could end with SKB firing. I don't begrudge them that though!

Tam!  Crying or Very sad Though I have to admit I am a little bit happy that we might get to see Tam continue to have an internal conflict in Season 2. I think she will change her mind, and then there will be the tension of how to escape... BTW, does she even know about SKB? It didn't seem so.

I have all kinds of thoughts about this episode, but I'll only inflict a few on everyone (at least in this post  Razz ).

I loved how Kaz got a mini trench run to rescue Yeager. So Star Wars! I was also wondering if Yeager was going to die there because killing off the mentor is also so Star Wars. Fortunately he survives. I want to see his relationship with Tam restored after she said he was like a father to her. That relationship is more important in my book than hers and Kaz's.

I was so nervous about Neeku and the kids running everything...can't we get some of the engineer-shellfolk to help, please? But maybe they aren't conversant in hyperspace stuff. Of course, apparently neither is Neeku. I wonder where the Colossus will end up? (Flying through hyperspace aint' like dustin' crops, boy!) I was kind of hoping for them to show up at D'Qar and that would be the end, and we wouldn't know if it was just before the huge fleet shows up at the beginning of TLJ, or after...so more of a cliffhanger than what actually happens. But this will do. But are they being tracked?

@12 Parsnips

Spoiler:
I think they are being tracked.  At first, I dismissed it because they are not high profile, but perhaps the FO is hoping they will lead them to Leia?  

Oh my goodness, they have no idea where they are going! lol  Perfect way to avoid any location spoilers for IX due to the short time frame with TFA and TLJ.  By the time Season 2 premieres, probably in October, it will be OK then if it gives away Resistance location spoilers for IX but at the moment, it is too soon.

So relieved Yeager survived (I was bracing for his death.  Repeat viewings will be more relaxed) and because he is a father figure for Tam, I hope more for her that she finds joy, trust, and peace again.  A family!  I could tell, she was numb.  Some are saying she is LF's way of introducing Bendemption to children, yet children are most accepting of it (perhaps it is for their mothers. lol anti-type mothers haha).

With Kaz..probably wanting too much drama in a children's show, but his happy brave face came too soon after witnessing the death and destruction of all he deeply loves.  However, I know that is Rey's way of handling trauma and bad news, so cannot be completely upset about it; it's just fleshed out better for me in the ST.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
Yes, I really felt for Tam, mostly because I could relate to her anger at Kaz for seemingly swooping in and getting everything for nothing that she'd been working so hard for. And Yeager and Kaz did lie to her. But Tam is too young to really understand by experience what evil an organization like the FO can bring about, and too naïve to grasp how subtly she's being manipulated by "the truth"--or at least, part of it. I wonder how long it will be before Tierney and the FO take off the velvet glove and start showing her the iron fist.  Neutral (The White Witch treatment, as @Moonlight13 mentioned!)

I think most kids already get Bendemption. It's adults who have a hard time forgiving. But it will be interesting to see how the children of Tehar (I can never remember their names) cope with things next season.

As for Kaz's brave face...it's Leia & Alderaan all over again. Even in TLJ we get Holdo saying that Leia would tell them to put aside their sorrow and carry on. And it's true that they have to act immediately and can't take time to grieve. But at least we got two tender moments with both Torra and Yeager as Kaz expresses his sorrow.

I have to say that although I love Rey and Ben, it's extremely refreshing to me to have a character like Kaz who wears his heart on his sleeve and is pretty uncomplicated. I was thinking over the season as a whole, and I think one reason I didn't immediately write him off like I did Ezra (yes, I'm bad  Embarassed) is that I knew Kaz was from Hosnian Prime and sorrow would be coming his way soon enough, even if it turned out his parents survived.

Anyway, the tracking possibility really has me intrigued, as does how much Season 2 will tie in with the ST. I think having Kaz firmly within the Resistance fold already, and already having Poe, Leia, and BB-8 established as characters in the show, makes the odds pretty high. I would love that sooooooooo much, even if the ties were miniscule.  Wink  
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:10 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
Yes, I really felt for Tam, mostly because I could relate to her anger at Kaz for seemingly swooping in and getting everything for nothing that she'd been working so hard for. And Yeager and Kaz did lie to her. But Tam is too young to really understand by experience what evil an organization like the FO can bring about, and too naïve to grasp how subtly she's being manipulated by "the truth"--or at least, part of it. I wonder how long it will be before Tierney and the FO take off the velvet glove and start showing her the iron fist.  Neutral (The White Witch treatment, as @Moonlight13 mentioned!)

I think most kids already get Bendemption. It's adults who have a hard time forgiving. But it will be interesting to see how the children of Tehar (I can never remember their names) cope with things next season.

As for Kaz's brave face...it's Leia & Alderaan all over again. Even in TLJ we get Holdo saying that Leia would tell them to put aside their sorrow and carry on. And it's true that they have to act immediately and can't take time to grieve. But at least we got two tender moments with both Torra and Yeager as Kaz expresses his sorrow.

I have to say that although I love Rey and Ben, it's extremely refreshing to me to have a character like Kaz who wears his heart on his sleeve and is pretty uncomplicated. I was thinking over the season as a whole, and I think one reason I didn't immediately write him off like I did Ezra (yes, I'm bad  Embarassed) is that I knew Kaz was from Hosnian Prime and sorrow would be coming his way soon enough, even if it turned out his parents survived.

Anyway, the tracking possibility really has me intrigued, as does how much Season 2 will tie in with the ST. I think having Kaz firmly within the Resistance fold already, and already having Poe, Leia, and BB-8 established as characters in the show, makes the odds pretty high. I would love that sooooooooo much, even if the ties were miniscule.  Wink  
@12 Parsnips

Spoiler:
We may see Bucket in the background of IX, along with the Colossus in the same manner Rebels items were seen in the background of Rogue One. Very Happy

Excellent point about grief in SW, how action is needed, immense grief and sorrow later...true..and it's heartbreaking!

It is interesting how we suspect Kaz's family survived because LF had them removed from us as an audience. You know, I hope it isn't because they are FO related. I hope it's for something as simple as - they were on vacation at another system. Survivor's luck, which they will then have survivor's guilt, but that is the way of war. Sad The Universal Truth of War, as Fury mentioned in Captain Marvel. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:18 pm

Spoiler:
I also love how Ben was a not mentioned in the Season Finale. Squee!!! His only mention this season was related with the Children of Tehar, yet they survived, and there is suspicion it's a Ben wanting them to live, letting them get away. And they became crucial in many ways with the survival of the Colossus.

We saw Phasma and Hux this season, along with other FO officers not seen in the ST, yet the impression is - they have more say with what happens with the FO, and the direction it is going more than Ben! Ben/Kylo was only spoken of, which is crucial because spoken of is not seeing - the visual is a better account versus witness statements, which is actually not a preference of investigators. They far prefer actual evidence, video evidence, instead due to witness bias, and lack of proper recollection
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 2:38 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
Well, to be fair, Ben was pretty busy at this time, what with abducting the girl, interrogating the girl, and chasing after the girl on SKB...  Laughing But you're right--he's not been mentioned lately as being behind the day-to-day FO stuff. I wonder if he knows through the Force what kind of impact people like Finn and the Tehar kids will have on the future?

That's a good point about visuals as evidence... It just so happens that I'm one of those who is suspicious of Luke's assertion that Ben killed half of the other students at Luke's training temple and ran off with the rest. Because Luke was unconscious, so how did he know?  Question
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 162
Likes : 722
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 5:17 am

Oh man, I wish that I could do spoiler tags right now, but I can never get it to work right on my phone. But let's just say that this episode left a lot of awesome possibilities.

I have fallen off this whole board quite a bit, but when I saw this Resistance thread I had to check it out.

But I will say this, in the last Poe series comic which takes place *after* TLJ, (I didn't read the whole thing at all, but saw some pertinent pages), Poe taunts some officers on a FO ship that believe that the FO had a great victory at D'Qar. Poe informs them otherwise, including telling them that Snoke is dead. I can't remember the timeline, but I think this meeting may have occurred weeks after the whole Crait incident.

The FO officers start wondering who the next Supreme Leader will be. They start wondering if it might be Hux, and Poe doesn't seem to know who the SL is either.

So that means that Kylo/Ben has not gotten on Galaxy TV and announced himself as basically emperor of the Galaxy, even though people on the Colossus seemed able to get live feeds well enough. But let's say that they are extremely remote and they never get news in a timely manner. That still means that there are going to be FO activities out somewhere in the same timeline as TFA and TLJ and post-TLJ running parallel and not knowing anything about what is happening with Big FO and Big Resistance leadership that we see in the movie ... but maybe there is something interesting in those parallel activities that Season 2 might let us see.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4733
Likes : 22913
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum