Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:04 am

@kyla Ren
It’s probably one you’ve read already tactical surrender by destinies on archive of our own . Yeah I know am behind in reading but am reading complete fictions now as I get confused leaving something halfway and going back to it though I have all the fictions recommended and bookmarked as recommended on reylo Fan fiction part of this forum . The idea just reminds me of that .
https://archiveofourown.org/works/13183992/chapters/30156201

AhsokaTano
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:36 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:New info on Star Wars Resistance :
"Star Wars Resitance" debuts October 13th in Germany, will have 22 episodes
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/925aok/star_wars_resitance_debuts_october_13th_in/?st=JK31TRAR&sh=0cbed11d
Interesting so Poe is sending the lead character out to spy on the first order ???!! I wonder if part of the spying will include Kylo?? I can’t help but view this as foreshadowing and wonder whether Rey will be encouraged to go and spy too in episode 9 given her “ connection “ with the supreme leader . ( forgive me am finishing  a fan fiction with  this scenario at the moment so it’s on my mind ).
@AhsokaTano

So glad you shared this AhsokaTano! I guess we'll see - I kind of hope Poe is not a major character in Resistance..
Resistance has been in the back of my mind.. I think I need to read the early Poe comics. I've neglected them so far because I can only take Poe in small doses lol.

We learned one new thing since this tv show was announced in April... In the Poe Dameron Comic #27 (released in May) we saw this:

Seems to me this is telling us that the resistance had tussles with the FO before, but they had not fought them out in the open.. which means that we won't be seeing any big or open battles in Resistance. I think this suggests it's going to be lots of covert stuff -spying, but also action that is less confrontational maybe.. does that make sense?  
I'm thinking resistance may be the story of the creation of the Resistance movement.. When it was secret, and the New Republic was getting organised and de-militarizing. It could be the resistance working in the shadows - hiding from both the FO and the New Republic. That could be super interesting!

I'm currently in the middle of the second Aftermath book, so maybe this plays out more later in this trilogy - but it's interesting that Ackbar is on the side of the resistance, and he didn't side with the new republic. [maybe it's just me but Mon Mothma sounds way too condescending and stuck up for me to like her haaaa!] sunny

edited to add: I just noticed that the resistance has been described at starwars.com as being founded to 'monitor the actions of the first order' - hmm so infiltrating, spying and surveillance are likely! and all on a tight budget from the sounds of the databank entry:

okay my SW fun time is used up! LOL. Byeeeee!

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added additional comments..)
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 5:55 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@kyla Ren
It’s probably one you’ve read already tactical surrender by destinies on archive of our own  . Yeah I know am behind in reading but  am reading  complete fictions now as I get confused leaving something halfway and going back to it though I have all the fictions recommended and bookmarked as recommended on reylo Fan fiction part of this forum . The idea just reminds me of that .
https://archiveofourown.org/works/13183992/chapters/30156201

@AhsokaTano

Thanks for the link. Smile  Actually, I haven't read that one yet, but it looks good. Smile  I'm way behind on fan fic, too, partly because I've been busy, but also I tend to like to wait and read long fics when they are finally complete.  I know what you mean about getting confused when leaving something after only reading part of it, especially if it's a fic that isn't updated that often.
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 5:27 pm

News soon? Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 4:27 am

@Man Without A Star
We have news! bounce

http://www.ppi.co.jp/news_release/ppipr20180801/

"Polygon Pictures will be producing animation for Star Wars Resistance, the newest Star Wars animated series. It previously produced animation for the 3D CG series Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

I am really happy to see the same studio than for the TCW. I know that with the 2D/3D thing it will not be the same, but I suppose there still will be some simililarity with TCW. (I liked Rebels, but sometimes the design was strange)
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 5:12 am

Whoo hooo! it's really happening!
The synopsis for the first episode has been published..
Berwick, 2018 @ tvweb.com wrote:
"Resistance fighter Poe Dameron tasks young pilot Kazuda (Kaz) Xiono with spying on the First Order. At the time, little was known about the secretive organization and its strength. In order to fulfill his mission, Kaz travels to the space station Colossus, which is being used by many ships as a port to refuel and do repairs. However, there are also dangerous races taking place there. After Kaz bragged with his piloting skills at his arrival there, he is soon drawn into one of the races..."
source: https://tvweb.com/star-wars-resistance-episode-1-synopsis-kazuda-kaz-xiono/
This image accompanied the story:

Is this an official image?
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 5:43 am

The space station Colossus make me think of the Wheel from the "Adventures of the Freemakers". A great serie, it's Lego but it has really good stories, characters, planets. It has also a lot of references to the prequels (even a droid B1 as a main character).

About Resistance, I don't know what to think of this synopsis. I'm more waiting to see images and videos.
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 6:06 am

@LadyGaufrette
@DeeBee
These are exciting fab finds thank you! Am so hyped for this series and can’t wait till it starts Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum