Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu May 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Bothan-Spy2 has admitted that he faked his leaks somewhere else? Where else I wonder? Or is this a Mr. Ghostface situation?
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu May 10, 2018 6:15 pm

@nana7marie - just wanted to quickly say hello and thanks soooo much for compiling this summary! I have not followed all the leaks and so I was getting very confused at which look was what. The summary is genius. Maybe we need to give the leaks nicknames to keep track of them. lol like fetus snoke (hilarious).

Hi everyone, I'm loving reading your comments and insights on these leaks!
With TLJ, looking back I think I learned the most accurate 'spoilers' from released photos, interviews, trailers - officially released stuff. I remember at some point RJ said people are worrying because LF released so much info before the film was released that they were feeling too spoiled, and RJ had responded that this is only because they had no idea what they didn't know yet. Of course he was totally spot on in that IMHO! phew!

Adam being in Ireland seemed to be hard evidence that Kylo/Ben went to Ach-to. Oh boy.. I learned my lesson there.. This was the one spoiler that I was suprised to find wasn't true..
In a universe with force bonds, projection, visions, flashbacks, flashforwards, dreams, time skips, holo vids and holograms - information can mean anything with little or no context. It's going to be fun to come back to all these as we continue with out wait!
Rey holding a toddler - secret baby with Kylo/Ben? This could be a force vision or a dream.. like the force shows Kylo/Ben what his future can hold if he heals his past, and helps restore peace and balance to the galaxy!
Gotta run before I get sucked into the tempting SW vortex haaaa.. bye all!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri May 11, 2018 1:44 am

@nana7marie wrote:
I feel like this person saw something related to TLJ and filled in the missing pieces with their own subjective imagination. I wonder if it’s happening again?

@nana7marie

Yeah, he/she definitely had access to some concept art for TLJ. But is that the case with IX as well? Confus
It's possible the leaker is taking advantage of his legit leaks from TLJ to make people trust this "new leaks" but who knows?

I would be very disappointed if LF letting so much leak this early to be honest. I just can't imagine them being so sloppy with their security.

I love spoilers, but more like little details that makes me looking forward seeing the movie - not real plot points! No Qst
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri May 11, 2018 7:53 pm

This one dropped a toy packaging leak on 4chan:

I don't know what is going to happen in Star Wars IX but I have seen the packaging concept for the toyline and marketing. The packaging is going to be white like The Last Jedi and Solo with a light blue Star Wars logo and water elements on it. On the packaging is Kylo standing with his lightsaber similar to Obi Wan Kenobi in the PT and Rey using force powers. Another thing is that Force Link 3.0 will be released and might be the last one of the gimmick from Hasbro. There were also two other packagings:both are still white like The Last Jedi and Solo,it seems that they want to keep that till the 2020 movie. One has Kylo with Rey on his other side and the other has just Kylo with his lightsaber up in Vader style.The Vader style one has magma style red in the background clashing with blue and the one with Kylo and Rey at his side has a blueish color like the 2012 packaging wigh white.Both Rey and Kylo have new looks but they will change as it's not final. Rey has even longer hair now than in TLJ and Kylo has a black armor with red crystals on it. Rey wears a Jedi robe similar to her TLJ one and Obi Wan style one but also has some armor on hee like Obi Wan did in The Clone Wars cartoon. I'm very happy that I've gotten this chance to see this concept art.Kylo is pushed hard onto the toys. That's pretty much it. Also,Solo sounds pretty interesting but the lead is meh.

I think it's the same guy who's pushing for water planet leaks.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri May 11, 2018 8:10 pm

They sound obsessed with Obi-Wan lol.

I googled "Obi-Wan prequel trilogy" and frankly he has a lot of different poses there with his lightsaber. Laughing He needs to be more specific.

Tbh I think most people are expecting Rey and Kylo on the packaging for IX (I know I am), so it's not like this person is inventing the wheel here. Laughing
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 pm

@rawpowah wrote:They sound obsessed with Obi-Wan lol.

I googled "Obi-Wan prequel trilogy" and frankly he has a lot of different poses there with his lightsaber. Laughing He needs to be more specific.

Tbh I think most people are expecting Rey and Kylo on the packaging for IX (I know I am), so it's not like this person is inventing the wheel here. Laughing
@rawpowah

He's inventing the leak, that's what he's inventing. They look _____ but that will likely change. No ____ Sherlock! lol! Insurance in case description doesn't turn out like he "saw" it cause it won't.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 12:33 pm

In light of the avalanche of FAF leaks I was bored and decided to take a trip down memory lane and go through the old pre-TFA SW threads on other forums that I remember reading years ago circa 2014-15. The speculation and theories are pretty hilarious now in hindsight. Obviously there was the odd thing right here and there. Also just wanted to provide a snapshot of fandom pre-TFA.

- When the table read photo was released I was convinced Daisy Ridley was a Solo because she was sitting between Carrie and Harrison lmao. At no point in the parentage debate did I ever like the idea of her being Luke's daughter lol. I really felt it would have been OOC for him to have children.
- There was a debate for the longest time as to who was actually the lead, Ridley or Boyega. When the first teaser came out, I thought it was Daisy for sure.
- There was literally hundreds of pages of speculation revolving around Domhnall Gleeson because people thought he was Luke Skywalker's son as they thought they looked similar. Pretty hilarious as he ended up playing a minor-ish character.
- There wasn't as much speculation around Adam Driver's character as the others (he really turned out to be the dark horse), mostly because there wasn't as much info or rumours about him, I remember only really getting interested when he stole the first teaser with his iconic stomp in the woods and crossguard lightsaber that broke the internet. But there were rumours that he was playing a rich aristocrat that was obsessed with collecting Sith artifacts. He did end up having Vader's mask so not strictly incorrect. Probably an earlier draft.
- A lot of people guessed correctly that AD was playing Han and Leia's son, even before MSW's full synopsis was leaked. From the announced cast members, he fit the bill the most anyway. I mean Boyega obviously couldn't, and he looked more like he could be their son than either Gleeson or Isaac. Especially when that GQ cover came out where he looked a lot like Harrison. Adam also talked a lot about love and family and betrayal in his interviews when talking about SW, and someone correctly pointed out that him saying someone could feel betrayed because they felt they weren't loved enough wasn't really a basis for characters in the OT so he had to be talking about his own character, ergo Skywalker family relations.
- The film's working title was 'The Ancient Fear' lol.
- One of the craziest but later actually turned out to be true. JJ was originally going to do this: “Imagine the standard Star Wars crawl, and when it ends the camera pans up to the stars. But instead of a spaceship zooming into frame we see … a hand! A severed hand, tumbling through space. A severed hand gripping a light saber.”— Birth. Movies. Death.
- There was a theory that Rey's staff was Plagueis. No really.
- Finn was Han Solo's son that he had with a black woman (Sana Starros) that was pushed as a theory because she claimed to be married to Han in the Star Wars comics. Not only would this have made Han a deadbeat dad but it meant he would of cheated on Leia too.
- There was a crazy amount of speculation around Snoke (obviously!). He was going to wield a lightsaber because Andy Serkis said in one interview that he preferred lightsabers to blasters! Just a few days before the TFA premiere, Collider claimed to have a source that told them that Snoke was Plagueis because of concept art they saw.
- There were debates and arguments for ages over this blurry picture:

Apparently someone on set heard one of the assistants call the guy Adam, leading to speculation that it was Adam Driver with a moustache playing an X-Wing pilot.
- The now iconic 'Mah Baby Gurl' leak which I'm sure most of you have heard about by now.

-This was a big one. Kylo Ren is actually Luke Skywalker. Yep, people were convinced that the tall man in the hood was 64 year old Mark Hamill. Seriously, this was such a big theory. It reached fever pitch when this TV spot was released:

As if Mark Hamill is that tall and has curly black hair lmao. It's even funnier because there was even a photo released of maskless Kylo Ren by Vanity Fair in the summer of 2015.

- Last one. When people were discussing Kylo's look e.g. If he was gonna be scarred/mutilated/cybernetic etc, I quote from someone speculating: "I say let him be pretty with luscious hair that make the fangirls scream. :p" Hahahaha, quite prescient. Abrams knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 1:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Thank you for this walk down the memory lane @Kylo Rey

I'll add few of mine during the same period.

As an OT fan for ages I was super thrilled when I saw the table reading photo with Carrie, Mark and Harrison.

I was clueless about the younger cast because I wasn't familiar with none of them.

When the teaser with Luke's words about the Force in his family came out I became sure that someone from the new cast must be a legacy character.
I'll be completely honest and confessed that my first thought was Oscar Isaacs. As I wasn't that much in SW as I'am today I was completely unaware of the speculations going on around the internet.
At some point I read the info that Poe (he got the name by then) is born before the ROTJ - so, I concluded that it must be Daisy aka Rey who is the KID.
Kylo in the woods scene - I was convinced he is some disfigured EVIL Sith Lord - one dimensional at least as was Darth Maul in PT. So, I thought Kylo = Maul 2.0.

I remember also screaming and crying from happiness when "Chewie, we're home" trailer came out.

During the autumn of 2015 I stumbled upon the infamous Jason's shooting schedule leak - and the way it was written I thought that the movie would be the worst thing ever.
Thanks God, I've changed my mind and decided to watch it no matter what.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 1:29 pm

I had stopped being a fan after the disastrous date to see the Special Editions with my then-boyfriend who was young enough to have never seen the OT in the theaters (probably the only time when it was the woman complaining about how Han shot first). I was only aware of the table read photo because several friends posted it to Facebook with the expectation that Daisy was Han and Leia's daughter. When the teaser came out, I had to give a presentation at a work meeting on the morning when the teaser trailer came out. So I got a snotty "that was really boring" comment from one person (gee thanks) about my talk and then they spent the rest of the meeting talking about the teaser, including one woman whose LARP-ing group waited in line at Celebration to see it. So I was like "f**k this" and ignored anything Star Wars related until late February 2016 when I wasn't in the mood to go to the gym and went to see it at a matinee b/c a couple friends took their daughters to see it and have said they loved Rey. I thought it was the cute, mindless nostalgia the same friends said it was until the whole "The girl I've heard so much about" moment happened and then I remembered Carrie Fisher's old joke about how if they were to do a sex scene in Star Wars, it should be the villain and the heroine having a torrid affair. And 2 years later, here we are.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 1:33 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Thank you for this walk down the memory lane @Kylo Rey

As an OT fan for ages I was super thrilled when I saw the table reading photo with Carrie, Mark and Harrison.

I was clueless about the younger cast because I wasn't familiar with none of them.

When the teaser with Luke's words about the Force in his family came out I became sure that someone from the new cast must be a legacy character.
I'll be completely honest and confessed that my first thought was Oscar Isaacs. As I wasn't that much in SW as I'am today I was completely unaware of the speculations going on around the internet.
At some point I read the info that Poe (he got the name by then) is born before the ROTJ - so, I concluded that it must be Daisy aka Rey who is the KID.
Kylo in the woods scene - I was convinced he is some disfigured EVIL Sith Lord - one dimensional at least as was Darth Maul in PT. So, I thought Kylo = Maul 2.0.

I remember also screaming and crying from happiness when "Chewie, we're home" trailer came out.

During the autumn of 2015 I stumbled upon the infamous Jason's shooting schedule leak - and the way it was written I thought that the movie would be the worst thing ever.

@Darth_Awakened

I think we all screamed and cried from happiness at the "Chewie, we're home trailer" lol. Seriously, Force Awakens had some of the best hype worthy trailers I've ever seen. I still watch them even now from time to time. No wonder it broke records.

Agreed, there's a pattern I've noticed with the legitimate leaks being terribly written. Both the MSW one and Pawn's leak from the TLJ premiere. Pawn's leak was especially terribly written actually. I remember with the MSW one that he wrote Kylo killed Han in cold blood and "silenced the conversation forever" which implies that he simply stabbed him, no hesitation without any dialogue. Couldn't be further from the truth. Context is key. I also remember a pastebin was posted on Reddit around the time of the TFA premiere (we had just received social media reactions) which had more in depth details. That's when we first found out that Luke didn't in fact come to the rescue during Rey and Kylo's fight and that she defeated him by herself. Also, that Kylo's real name was Ben. I hated that so much lmao. I was like this scary looking villain with an awesome name is actually called Ben?!? But then I watched the movie a few days later and HF's delivery of that line and the execution worked perfectly for me. Just proves with a lot of these leaks that context and execution is paramount. Also, even with a full leak like MSW's, dialogue is missing so it's still really hard to deduce motivations etc.

Not going to lie, even when I first read about Han Solo's death, everyone else was having meltdowns hoping it wasn't true while I was weirdly okay with it, and this comes from a person who absolutely loved Han in the OT. Probably why I was onboard with Kylo Ren's redemption very quickly. I think part of it may have had to do with the fact that HF had very publicly wanted his character to be killed off since the 80s at least so it wasn't entirely surprising. Also because I didn't want it to be a retread of the OT but just subsituted with the OT3 with their much older selves. I wanted to know more about the newbies. I also found the idea of Han or Luke being these action heroes very cringeworthy tbh, I guess I must just be an anti-fanservice person Laughing No wonder I love TLJ so much.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:Thank you for this walk down the memory lane @Kylo Rey

@Darth_Awakened

I think we all screamed and cried from happiness at the "Chewie, we're home trailer" lol. Seriously, Force Awakens had some of the best hype worthy trailers I've ever seen. I still watch them even now from time to time. No wonder it broke records.

Agreed, there's a pattern I've noticed with the legitimate leaks being terribly written. Both the MSW one and Pawn's leak from the TLJ premiere. Pawn's leak was especially terribly written actually. I remember with the MSW one that he wrote Kylo killed Han in cold blood and "silenced the conversation forever" which implies that he simply stabbed him, no hesitation without any dialogue. Couldn't be further from the truth. Context is key. I also remember a pastebin was posted on Reddit around the time of the TFA premiere (we had just received social media reactions) which had more in depth details. That's when we first found out that Luke didn't in fact come to the rescue during Rey and Kylo's fight and that she defeated him by herself. Also, that Kylo's real name was Ben. I hated that so much lmao. I was like this scary looking villain with an awesome name is actually called Ben?!? But then I watched the movie a few days later and HF's delivery of that line and the execution worked perfectly for me. Just proves with a lot of these leaks that context and execution is paramount. Also, even with a full leak like MSW's, dialogue is missing so it's still really hard to deduce motivations etc.
@Kylo Rey

Jason't terrible description of Han's death (but I give him a benefit of a doubt on that one - because Jason actually didn't see any of it he only conveyed what he had heard) is the thing I always keep in mind when any leaks appear today - it usually always sounds that bad.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun May 13, 2018 1:39 pm

When people were discussing Kylo's look e.g. If he was gonna be scarred/mutilated/cybernetic etc, I quote: "I say let him be pretty with luscious hair that make the fangirls scream. :p" Hahahaha, quite prescient. Abrams knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
@Kylo Rey

Good Lord. All this pre-TFA stuff is pure gold. Outside of the trailers, I didn't pay much attention to TFA marketing, but there's some really great and telling stuff back there. Where did he say this?

And then Rian said he knew the internet would love shirtless Kylo. It might be a little cynical to say that sex sells, but if you can pull it off correctly, you know, I might not mind that much Smile Kind of sad how a male character can be so clearly objectified (not in a bad way), and audiences won't even notice because we're so conditioned to recognize only when it's a female character. Rolling Eyes
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 1:50 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
When people were discussing Kylo's look e.g. If he was gonna be scarred/mutilated/cybernetic etc, I quote: "I say let him be pretty with luscious hair that make the fangirls scream. :p" Hahahaha, quite prescient. Abrams knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
@Kylo Rey

Good Lord. All this pre-TFA stuff is pure gold. Outside of the trailers, I didn't pay much attention to TFA marketing, but there's some really great and telling stuff back there. Where did he say this?

And then Rian said he knew the internet would love shirtless Kylo. It might be a little cynical to say that sex sells, but if you can pull it off correctly, you know, I might not mind that much Smile Kind of sad how a male character can be so clearly objectified (not in a bad way), and audiences won't even notice because we're so conditioned to recognize only when it's a female character. Rolling Eyes
@californiagirl

JJ didn't say that quote, it was simply a fan prediction haha. Anyway, I'm telling you, all this stuff is GOLD. Good times. There is a certain cynicality in how they've crafted Kylo's look, indeed. They absolutely knew what they were doing, particularly JJ, who's had a lot of experience with this type of thing. After TFA, one of the first ever posts I read about Reylo was this: http://justthetippihedren.tumblr.com/post/135567071750/jj-abrams-knows-what-hes-doing-people#notes
Read that and you'll see he is keenly aware of all the stuff that goes on in female fandom and even 'shipping'.

Also, this wonderful meta:

Kylo’s age bracket is perfectly calculated to appeal to a wide audience: it’s what I call the ’Mr Darcy age’, young enough to appeal to a younger woman audience, and old enough to appeal to older women without making them feel icky about it. He has a manly, imposing physique, contrasted with a much younger-looking face (I suspect some CGI wizardry there, btw) but without any ’cutesy’ features that would make him look too boyish. He looks every inch the Hades archetype. His costume, movement, and carefully coiffed Byronic hairstyle are all designed to maximize his dark-themed physical appeal. This is in no way intended to be a repulsive villain. They knew he would come across as sexy to a significant portion of the audience.

Oh, and JJ said Adam had an incredible face too.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun May 13, 2018 2:25 pm

New 4chan leak:

I have it on a good authority that some Resistance members will equip themselves with melee weapons similar to Praetorian Guards. Like those weapons, theirs have blades that are small lightsabers. My guess is that they'll fight characters who may be wielding lightsabers but that's just my guess. My source only told me about the weapons and seeing Rose with essentially 2 katana-like blades and completely different outfit from what she wore in TLJ. The source wasn't sure it was her but was assured it was and that other characters have drastically different look themselves, very unlike Rebel-era style sported in TFA and TLJ. That tells me that some sort of time jump is confirmed. Since my source only saw Rose, I received a description of the new outfit that is form fitting with some sort of armored chest and shoulders and colored grey and black. her hair looked long and loose. The person hasn't seen other characters but was told that Finn and Kaydel have similar outfit and their own melee weapons (no description given).
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 2:31 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Not going to lie, even when I first read about Han Solo's death, everyone else was having meltdowns hoping it wasn't true while I was weirdly okay with it, and this comes from a person who absolutely loved Han in the OT. Probably why I was onboard with Kylo Ren's redemption very quickly. I think part of it may have had to do with the fact that HF had very publicly wanted his character to be killed off since the 80s at least so it wasn't entirely surprising. Also because I didn't want it to be a retread of the OT but just subsituted with the OT3 with their much older selves. I wanted to know more about the newbies. I also found the idea of Han or Luke being these action heroes very cringeworthy tbh, I guess I must just be an anti-fanservice person Laughing No wonder I love TLJ so much.

Ha, same. Luke was my least favorite part of the OT (love the comment that by RotJ, he'd turned into the 4th year seminary student who thinks he's all that b/c he just finished a gap year) and the lack of him in TFA and an actual interesting, flawed person in TLJ who isn't the hero-worshipping focus, even better. The things which probably make a lot of older fans (including many of my friends) hate the ST are probably why I enjoyed it so much because it felt like it was calibrated to please my very out of step with fandom preferences. Right down to a central love story that feels like Carrie Fisher's old joke about how the romance/sex scene in a Star Wars film should be the heroine and the villain.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm

@vaderito wrote:New 4chan leak:

I have it on a good authority that some Resistance members will equip themselves with melee weapons similar to Praetorian Guards. Like those weapons, theirs have blades that are small lightsabers. My guess is that they'll fight characters who may be wielding lightsabers but that's just my guess. My source only told me about the weapons and seeing Rose with essentially 2 katana-like blades and completely different outfit from what she wore in TLJ. The source wasn't sure it was her but was assured it was and that other characters have drastically different look themselves, very unlike Rebel-era style sported in TFA and TLJ. That tells me that some sort of time jump is confirmed. Since my source only saw Rose, I received a description of the new outfit that is form fitting with some sort of armored chest and shoulders and colored grey and black. her hair looked long and loose. The person hasn't seen other characters but was told that Finn and Kaydel have similar outfit and their own melee weapons (no description given).
@vaderito

This is kind of shallow, but I do hope the Resistance gets better outfits. They have not had the world's most appealing costumes to date.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 pm

@californiagirl wrote:

This is kind of shallow, but I do hope the Resistance gets better outfits. They have not had the world's most appealing costumes to date.
@californiagirl

recycled sith.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun May 13, 2018 3:08 pm

@Kylo Rey I get the impression that JJ likes prettified male characters. From how Kirk and Co. looked in ST, to Kylo, and also didn't he kind of fanboy over Oscar Isaac the internet boyfriend? Not that I'm complaining or anything.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 3:17 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@Kylo Rey I get the impression that JJ likes prettified male characters. From how Kirk and Co. looked in ST, to Kylo, and also didn't he kind of fanboy over Oscar Isaac the internet boyfriend? Not that I'm complaining or anything.
@californiagirl

He does. Male characters in LOST too. It's why I don't agree with the predictions that Kylo will look like his TLJ self. I think Kylo will look 'pretty' again and less like the wreck he was in TLJ. He's Supreme Leader as well now so he'll probably have a really nice outfit that heightens the appeal. Resistance fashion is awful, yuck. Dark Side has always been better fashion wise, tbh.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun May 13, 2018 3:32 pm

It's really funny seeing all the speculation before TFA come out because I had next to no idea what was gonna happen.I wasn't following the spoilers or theories at all.I just saw the first trailer and the first cast picture that came out and that was basically it.I was surprised by how little screentime Leia and especially Luke had because I was expecting a much bigger role for all the OT characters with the new cast being more supporting.But I really loved the movie tho it definitely didn't get me invested like TLJ did.

I remember Rey and Poe were my favorites lol.I wanted more Poe which I'm regretting now.And I liked Kylo and was loving the fact that the villain was a legacy kid until he killed Han.Then I was so upset about it I didn't even care that Kylo was the most complex and interesting character in the movie,killing Han kinda overshadowed everything else.I didn't think Rey was related because it felt like the movie was trying very hard to make her seem like Luke's kid and I couldn't believe they would be so obvious.Plus Luke always kinda bored me in the OT and I wasn't that interested in his kid either so I was hoping she wasn't.

It's amazing how TLJ totally changed my mind about so many things and made me see TFA in a new light.

Last edited by Mila95 on Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Carrie roasted JJ to his face for making Leia a general and giving her an outfit that looked like "a classy gas station attendant" and a styling her hair to be like "a baboon's a**." Hence the space jewelry, return to regal Leia and Holdo's purple ensemble in TLJ. The only costume wish I'd have is for Rey to get to wear something nice that's not scavenged out of second-hand scraps. Her Ache-to outfit sans the vest and with her hair down actually looked nicer than her date night outfit for the Supremacy.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun May 13, 2018 3:58 pm

@snufkin wrote:Carrie roasted JJ to his face for making Leia a general and giving her an outfit that looked like "a classy gas station attendant" and a styling her hair to be like "a baboon's a**." Hence the space jewelry, return to regal Leia and Holdo's purple ensemble in TLJ. The only costume wish I'd have is for Rey to get to wear something nice that's not scavenged out of second-hand scraps. Her Ache-to outfit sans the vest and with her hair down actually looked nicer than her date night outfit for the Supremacy.
@snufkin

She did look like a gas station attendant lmao. The return to regal Leia in TLJ was such a breath of fresh air. Her and Padme have always been fashion icons, so it was only befitting. Rey's outfit on Ahch-to without the vest was very nice too, she looked really pretty.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 pm

@Kylo Rey Even if the entire plotline for TLJ was that the Resistance was on the run after a battle and Leia suffering the worst personal loss since the destruction of Alderaan, you didn't blink over the flawless manicure she had the entire film because that's who she is. I always think every time I see ESB that there must have been a stash of makeup on the MF she'd stowed at some point because her mascara and lip gloss are perfect the entire time.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Kylo Rey Even if the entire plotline for TLJ was that the Resistance was on the run after a battle and Leia suffering the worst personal loss since the destruction of Alderaan, you didn't blink over the flawless manicure she had the entire film because that's who she is. I always think every time I see ESB that there must have been a stash of makeup on the MF she'd stowed at some point because her mascara and lip gloss are perfect the entire time.
@snufkin

Even better is that her makeup is always perfect on Endor, even when she's running around in an Ewok couture dress.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun May 13, 2018 4:09 pm

@ISeeAnIsland Oh she looked like a photo spread and makeup tutorial from one of my teenaged siblings circa late 1970s-early 80s issue of Seventeen magazine. I still think it's hilarious that one of the ways you can tell Ben is her kid is the flawless hair.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum