Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 13 May 2018, 3:19 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
He does. Male characters in LOST too. It's why I don't agree with the predictions that Kylo will look like his TLJ self. I think Kylo will look 'pretty' again and less like the wreck he was in TLJ. He's Supreme Leader as well now so he'll probably have a really nice outfit that heightens the appeal. Resistance fashion is awful, yuck. Dark Side has always been better fashion wise, tbh.
@Kylo Rey

Hey! I liked his "wreck" look from TLJ much more than his over prettified peacock look from TFA! Err no
I agree he has to look more respectable and regal as SL but I hope JJ doesn't go for the over-the-top pretty boy style.
Something in between TFA and TLJ maybe Confus

I'm not shallow by the way... Lolilol
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1425
Likes : 6727
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 13 May 2018, 3:33 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
He does. Male characters in LOST too. It's why I don't agree with the predictions that Kylo will look like his TLJ self. I think Kylo will look 'pretty' again and less like the wreck he was in TLJ. He's Supreme Leader as well now so he'll probably have a really nice outfit that heightens the appeal. Resistance fashion is awful, yuck. Dark Side has always been better fashion wise, tbh.
@Kylo Rey

Hey! I liked his "wreck" look from TLJ much more than his over prettified peacock look from TFA! Err no
I agree he has to look more respectable and regal as SL but I hope JJ doesn't go for the over-the-top pretty boy style.
Something in between TFA and TLJ maybe Confus

I'm not shallow by the way... Lolilol
@Night Huntress

Don't get me wrong, I really liked his look from TLJ too! It was raw, real, had an in-universe reason and he pulled off the post-patricide regret hair well. It's just how I think Rian and JJ approach Kylo's look and is reflective of their respective filmmaking styles. JJ trends towards the more superficial 'Hollywood' look while RJ is opposite imo. I think in IX Kylo's look will probably be a mixture of TFA and TLJ.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 970
Likes : 8246
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by snufkin on Sun 13 May 2018, 3:46 pm

@Kylo Rey -"post-patricide regret hair" LMAO. I've been joking that you only see him pull out his "too depressed to bathe or change clothing" slump once he knows that Rey is coming over, so he washes and fluffs his hair.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7565
Likes : 34322
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by twilekempire on Sun 13 May 2018, 7:49 pm

@snufkin wrote:Carrie roasted JJ to his face for making Leia a general and giving her an outfit that looked like "a classy gas station attendant" and a styling her hair to be like "a baboon's a**." Hence the space jewelry, return to regal Leia and Holdo's purple ensemble in TLJ. The only costume wish I'd have is for Rey to get to wear something nice that's not scavenged out of second-hand scraps. Her Ache-to outfit sans the vest and with her hair down actually looked nicer than her date night outfit for the Supremacy.
@snufkin

JJ deserved that imo! I don't have a huge problem with the guy, but him having Doctor Carol Marcus strip for some leering in ST and then dressing Carrie like this... pretty cheap. Young women are sex objects and older women aren't allowed to be feminine anymore because they're not attractive to 18-34 year old men. Femininity and style isn't about that, man! It's self-expression and displays of power and all kinds of other things. I am so happy that in her final role Carrie and Carrie's Leia got to look so great and so in character for Leia.

Edit: to come back on topic, I want to say I *adored* the costume design on TLJ. Across the board, women were dressed to express their characters primarily; they were allowed to be distinctive and feminine without being male gaze. It was fantastic. I hope IX--and the evolution of Rey's costume we'll see there--follows that same organic, respectful approach.
avatar
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 69
Likes : 425
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 14 May 2018, 12:57 am

@twilekempire

I agree- love or hate TLJ, but you can tell Rian Johnson adores women of all ages.

I don't think JJ did it to disrespect Carrie or Leia- but he didn't gave it so much thought and went with practical.
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1425
Likes : 6727
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by nana7marie on Mon 14 May 2018, 1:49 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
He does. Male characters in LOST too. It's why I don't agree with the predictions that Kylo will look like his TLJ self. I think Kylo will look 'pretty' again and less like the wreck he was in TLJ. He's Supreme Leader as well now so he'll probably have a really nice outfit that heightens the appeal. Resistance fashion is awful, yuck. Dark Side has always been better fashion wise, tbh.
@Kylo Rey

Hey! I liked his "wreck" look from TLJ much more than his over prettified peacock look from TFA! Err no
I agree he has to look more respectable and regal as SL but I hope JJ doesn't go for the over-the-top pretty boy style.
Something in between TFA and TLJ maybe Confus

I'm not shallow by the way... Lolilol
@Night Huntress

Don't get me wrong, I really liked his look from TLJ too! It was raw, real, had an in-universe reason and he pulled off the post-patricide regret hair well. It's just how I think Rian and JJ approach Kylo's look and is reflective of their respective filmmaking styles. JJ trends towards the more superficial 'Hollywood' look while RJ is opposite imo. I think in IX Kylo's look will probably be a mixture of TFA and TLJ.
@Night Huntress
@Kylo Rey
When I first watched TFA and TLJ (and it was one after another in a movie marathon), I didn’t even pay attention to different styling of his character lol! . Obviously, I noticed his bruised eye and scratches on his face and thought it worked great to emphasise his ‘spirit split to the bone’, but I think I only commented on Rey’s made up look - especially when she arrives at the Supremacy all prettified for her soulmate Lolilol . Having re-watched both movies, I was like ‘oh, his cowl and hair fluffiness are missing!’ Razz .
I like both looks - TFA is more boyish not because he looks younger or more immature per se but because he looks so immaculate - perfect complexion, beautiful hair and he’s clean lol! - in contrast to our pretty scavenger who’s sweaty, covered in dust and has messy hair; TLJ is more masculine cos it’s so raw - no flawless complexion or shampoo commercial hair, on the contrary - added scratches, bruised eye etc., messy, kinda out-of-bed or rock star hairstyle. Also, Adam is a big man - tall, his frame matching his height and his body seems to always be at least toned and muscles defined, but he put on some muscle before TLJ and Kylo’s changed costume emphasises it even more cos it’s more tight-fitting. Having fine hair myself, I’m a hair fetishist lol! and admire luscious locks of other people and Adam’s hair is gorgeous - I think he should wear Kylo’s length himself cos when you have hair like that you should just show it off Very Happy - so I think I might lean towards TFA look as my preferred one but TLJ is definitely very sexy too.
I think Kylo won’t commit any deed that would be worse than killing his father - even if he’s Renperor rather than Benperor in IX - and that his lowest point is past - he killed Han and then Snoke, confronted Luke and was dumped by Rey so all the shock and anger will be slowly replaced by acceptation and hurt, in other words - he’ll be calming down. Hence, I expect his appearance will be less wrecked - he might not look exactly like in TFA, his scar and likely another costume will prevent that too, but I believe TLJ look is over.
avatar
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 62
Likes : 333
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 29
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 14 May 2018, 2:13 am

Hey everyone ! Smile I loved both his looks . They were obviously done to highlight different stages the character was going through emotionally and mentally but Adam is just so sexy in both films that I don’t mind whether they combine both looks or choose one over the other . And his hair is gorgeous however he has it ( as long as he can show it off and lucasfilm don’t shave it off!lol!). Adam is beautiful in both films to me and both times he took his helmet off for the first time (interrogation room with rey in force awakens and with snoke in throne room) took my breath away - literally - despite the obvious contrast ie interrogation kylo looked pristine, confident (initially)but throne room kylo looked a wreck . I love how they showed kylo’s state of mind physically .It was so well done .

Sent from Topic'it App
avatar
AhsokaTano
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 211
Likes : 555
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by twilekempire on Mon 14 May 2018, 3:19 am

@Night Huntress wrote:@twilekempire

I agree- love or hate TLJ, but you can tell Rian Johnson adores women of all ages.

I don't think JJ did it to disrespect Carrie or Leia- but he didn't gave it so much thought and went with practical.
@Night Huntress

I agree. I don't think it was malice, and he did treat Rey right, which I appreciated. He could have listened to Carrie, though; I suspect she would have been happy to give input lol.
avatar
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 69
Likes : 425
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Saracene on Mon 14 May 2018, 4:42 am

@twilekempire wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Carrie roasted JJ to his face for making Leia a general and giving her an outfit that looked like "a classy gas station attendant" and a styling her hair to be like "a baboon's a**." Hence the space jewelry, return to regal Leia and Holdo's purple ensemble in TLJ. The only costume wish I'd have is for Rey to get to wear something nice that's not scavenged out of second-hand scraps. Her Ache-to outfit sans the vest and with her hair down actually looked nicer than her date night outfit for the Supremacy.
@snufkin

JJ deserved that imo! I don't have a huge problem with the guy, but him having Doctor Carol Marcus strip for some leering in ST and then dressing Carrie like this... pretty cheap. Young women are sex objects and older women aren't allowed to be feminine anymore because they're not attractive to 18-34 year old men. Femininity and style isn't about that, man! It's self-expression and displays of power and all kinds of other things. I am so happy that in her final role Carrie and Carrie's Leia got to look so great and so in character for Leia.
@twilekempire

Woooooord. She looked so regal and beautiful I love you
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1944
Likes : 12474
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by californiagirl on Mon 14 May 2018, 4:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all a well-intentioned move of making Leia a general, and the whole Resistance having pretty ugly utilitarian outfits, like it was kind of empowering to not have Leia glammed up like a pretty princess. Except, you know, she IS royalty, and that's who she is.

It's unfortunate Carrie had no input on costumes. This is what happens when the director, writers, and costume designer are all dudes. It took a movie where they goofed and Carrie complained to get it right.

But yeah, I have a hard time seeing anything like what happened to Dr. Marcus in STID to happen here (I'll take some small comfort in knowing JJ didn't write that, and that the writer apologized for it afterwards, I think everyone learned a valuable lesson there), since the ST is decidedly more female-centric in it's focus and approach, both in front of and behind the camera (he also insisted on a female director for the next Trek film).

It hasn't been perfect certainly, but both TFA and TLJ have gone to such pains with Rey as a character, how much agency she has, her appearance, etc., I think we'll be mostly fine.
avatar
californiagirl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 509
Likes : 2283
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by snufkin on Mon 14 May 2018, 11:02 am

@twilekempire Such an excellent point about the male v female gaze going into costuming, mods perhaps this tangent can go in the space capes thread? TBH the only Star Trek movie I’ve ever seen is The Wrath of Khan, but it’s funny how JJ’s foray into that fictional universe was probably training for TFA and what not to do. It is a reoccurring theme to comments I’ve seen expressing skepticism about him being able to handle IX. I definitely noticed the praise for Rey’s appearance not being sexualized (eg presented) for the male gaze. Though most of those comments fail to pick up on the fact that she is sexual (has agency over her sexuality) and if anything it’s Ben who’s presented to her gaze, repeatedly. And that the female gaze means that instead of it being the Only Girl, there are a range of women in different ages, ethnicities, and roles simply allowed to exist as part of that world.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7565
Likes : 34322
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 15 May 2018, 10:50 pm

New FAF from reddit. Someone clearly took John Boyega's comment about growing out his hair and ran with it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8jiekm/i_work_for_someone_very_high_up_at_lucasfilm_as_a/

I won’t name my boss because it would give me up immediately, BUT I will say this- I have glimpsed some pieces of concept art! I only had about a minute to look at them, but I had to share what I saw.

Poe and Finn standing wearing dirty civilian clothes, looks like some kind of disguise. Finn’s hair is knappy and grown out while Poe had a longer slicked back look. They’re walking (pushing?) through a crowd of aliens in some kind of cityscape, kind of looks like Nar Shadda

-Finn and Poe again, on the same planet, but this time caught in a firefight. Finn is ducked behind some kind of container, while Poe is leaning up to shoot.

-The third one I saw featured Rose, wearing a completely different hair style, sitting in the Gunner’s seat of the millennium falcon. It was a pretty close perspective so not much to reveal.

And that’s it, folks! If I see anything else I’ll let know Wink

Edit: in an attempt to hide my identity so that I don’t get fired!
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5512
Likes : 28640
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 16 May 2018, 1:17 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
He does. Male characters in LOST too. It's why I don't agree with the predictions that Kylo will look like his TLJ self. I think Kylo will look 'pretty' again and less like the wreck he was in TLJ. He's Supreme Leader as well now so he'll probably have a really nice outfit that heightens the appeal. Resistance fashion is awful, yuck. Dark Side has always been better fashion wise, tbh.
@Kylo Rey

Hey! I liked his "wreck" look from TLJ much more than his over prettified peacock look from TFA! Err no
I agree he has to look more respectable and regal as SL but I hope JJ doesn't go for the over-the-top pretty boy style.
Something in between TFA and TLJ maybe Confus

I'm not shallow by the way... Lolilol
@Night Huntress

Don't get me wrong, I really liked his look from TLJ too! It was raw, real, had an in-universe reason and he pulled off the post-patricide regret hair well. It's just how I think Rian and JJ approach Kylo's look and is reflective of their respective filmmaking styles. JJ trends towards the more superficial 'Hollywood' look while RJ is opposite imo. I think in IX Kylo's look will probably be a mixture of TFA and TLJ.
@Kylo Rey

Hot Mess Kylo is my favorite—much better than L’Oréal Kylo. Now we need a poll. Wink
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 458
Likes : 2425
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 16 May 2018, 1:29 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Kylo Rey

Hot Mess Kylo is my favorite—much better than L’Oréal Kylo.  Now we need a poll.  Wink
@Lily Snape

ROFL L'Oréal Kylo!
Hot Mess Kylo is my fav too. I love his raw look  Mwehe
avatar
cherrylipstick
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 179
Likes : 833
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 32
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 16 May 2018, 1:49 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Kylo Rey

Hot Mess Kylo is my favorite—much better than L’Oréal Kylo.  Now we need a poll.  Wink
@Lily Snape

ROFL L'Oréal Kylo!
Hot Mess Kylo is my fav too. I love his raw look  Mwehe
@"




This is what your hair is supposed to look like when you’re in the middle of a lightsaber fight. Smile In TLJ, I was impressed that they let him look like someone in the middle of a crisis—OK, a very attractive movie star in the middle of a crisis, but still: shadows under his eyes, bruising, 5 o’clock shadow, eye twitch like normal people get with fatigue, messy hair. As opposed to, say, Princess Leia emerging from the garbage chute in ANH with her hair, makeup and (!) white dress immaculately styled. I bet Carrie had something snarky to say about that. Smile

avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 458
Likes : 2425
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by nana7marie on Wed 16 May 2018, 6:53 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@cherrylipstick wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Kylo Rey

Hot Mess Kylo is my favorite—much better than L’Oréal Kylo.  Now we need a poll.  Wink
@Lily Snape

ROFL L'Oréal Kylo!
Hot Mess Kylo is my fav too. I love his raw look  Mwehe
@"




This is what your hair is supposed to look like when you’re in the middle of a lightsaber fight.  Smile In TLJ, I was impressed that they let him look like someone in the middle of a crisis—OK, a very attractive movie star in the middle of a crisis, but still:  shadows under his eyes, bruising, 5 o’clock shadow, eye twitch like normal people get with fatigue, messy hair.  As opposed to, say, Princess Leia emerging from the garbage chute in ANH with her hair, makeup and (!) white dress immaculately styled.  I bet Carrie had something snarky to say about that.  Smile

@Lily Snape

lol! Such things still happen in so many movies I can’t help but laugh then. My favourite at the moment is probably the female character played by Bryce Dallas Howard in Jurassic World when she runs away from that T. rex like dinosaur and is wearing stilettos in the muddy environment and manages to escape Lolilol . I had many WTF moments watching this movie but this one we actually discussed with my friends ROFL . Now imagine Colin Trevorrow is still in charge of IX and what happens? lol!
avatar
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 62
Likes : 333
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 29
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum