I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

Post by Lily Snape on Fri 18 May 2018, 1:16 am

@snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape Ha, well go Google the daguerreotype of Theodore Judah, much hotter and far better role model than Robert E. Lee. To your point yes, this argument being brought up by fans very much feels like a jock versus nerd situation and most of us here root for the underdog. Or at least don't understand how people can frame it as nice guy versus a**hole because Poe very much feels to a lot of us as an overly cocky condescending douchebag who should stay the f**k away from Rey after his behavior towards Holdo got nearly the entire Resistance wiped out. Although personally, I tend to see it as more a question not of "the nice guy wins the girl for once" because the point of the ST is that it's the girl at the center and what she wants. And we all know that she mailed herself tout de suit into the heart of enemy territory after special Force Skype sessions with one particular guy and cried when it turned out that he didn't leave his side and run away with her. So I'm all for what Rey wants/chooses and the suggestion that she'd chose somebody she met 2/3rd into the story in a shoehorned "oh yeah, these two haven't ever met" moment who's kind of a jerk, is just ridiculous.

As an addendum, I'd hazard a guess that anybody who accepts Poe simply as a nice guy character or at least a bargain basement Han Solo isn't familiar with Oscar Isaac's roles outside of the ST. Which wouldn't be surprising because 2 years in and reading a sh*t ton of comments in various places on the Internets, a lot of ride or die Star Wars fans don't exactly strike me as giving a whole lot of attention to films that aren't in the modern nerd canon. But Poe is very much as big an a**hole and as destructive as his characters in Inside Llewelyn Davis and Ex Machina and as well-meaning but self-destructive as his characters in Show Me a Hero and A Most Dangerous Year.

@snufkin

That’s where the conversation got interesting all those years ago, because Lee is such an ambiguous figure. On the one (very important) hand, he conducted that war with everything he had, and therefore so many deaths are attributable to him as a general. His status as a Virginian outweighed a lot of his other values and concerns, obviously, and he’s on the wrong side of history. And he became (unwillingly, and mostly posthumously) the leading figure in all that Lost Cause idolatry which is inextricably tied to the Jim Crow era. On the other hand, it’s pretty clear from what he said after the war that no one would have wanted all those statues to come down more than the man who said that his greatest regret was taking a military education. Hawthorne was, as I recall, a friend and biographer of the underwhelming Franklin Pierce and would have been quite OK if the North had just let the South secede— his youthful idealism gave way to the 1860s variant of conservatism as he aged, with views that (no surprise) haven’t aged well. But no one died because of his views. Lee, despite his ambiguity about what he did, racked up one hell of a body count. Sooooo...it was easier to just discuss who rocked the 1840s menswear more. Smile

Back on topic—Poe probably has a bigger body count of resistance fighters than Kylo does with that Dreadnought bombing raid and the blabbing the plans to Finn and Rose while DJ was listening, thus leading to the transports being obliterated. And yes, unlike the classic “jock vs. nerd— who will get the girl?” storyline, the story here is the girl’s to tell. We worried a bit about Kylo’s story taking over Rey’s, if you recall, and it didn’t. I think there’s no chance that Poe’s will—he has learned a lesson, but he remains a pretty simple figure. I get it that Oscar Isaac is classically handsome and looks like the leading man, but that’s not who he’s playing here.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:19 pm

Omg watching the royal wedding had me fantasizing about reylo wedding!!
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:24 pm

@rey09 wrote:Omg watching the royal wedding had me fantasizing about reylo wedding!!
@rey09

Same. And I also happen to be attending a wedding right now, and I wonder what song Reylo would pick for their first dance lol.

rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:34 pm

@rawpowah wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Omg watching the royal wedding had me fantasizing about reylo wedding!!
@rey09

Same. And I also happen to be attending a wedding right now, and I wonder what song Reylo would pick for their first dance lol.

@rawpowah
@rey09
Watching the royal wedding I was thinking the same thing - especially Prince Harry face when he saw Meghan walking down the aisle towards him made me think of Ben’s face upon seeing Rey lol! . It’s an obsession now, reylobsession! Jumping
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 19 May 2018, 3:02 pm

@nana7marie wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:
@rey09

@rawpowah
@rey09
Watching the royal wedding I was thinking the same thing - especially Prince Harry face when he saw Meghan walking down the aisle towards him made me think of Ben’s face upon seeing Rey lol! . It’s an obsession now, reylobsession! Jumping
@nana7marie

Lol! I was thinking the same thing! Prince Harry's face had the same intensity looking at Meghan as Kylo/Ben looking at Rey in TLJ. Adam hit the mark so beautifully. That's the look of love fanboys, that's the look of love!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 19 May 2018, 3:48 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:
@rey09

@rawpowah
@rey09
@nana7marie

Lol! I was thinking the same thing! Prince Harry's face had the same intensity looking at Meghan as Kylo/Ben looking at Rey in TLJ.  Adam hit the mark so beautifully.  That's the look of love fanboys,  that's the look of love!
@SoloSideCousin
Yes! TLJ multiple times, mostly part of the second and definitely the fourth force bond, the lift, the throne room after the fight (though this one is maybe more sexual and lusty than romantic and loving) but also this from TFA:
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 19 May 2018, 4:27 pm

@nana7marie wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:
@rey09

@rawpowah
@rey09
@nana7marie

Lol! I was thinking the same thing! Prince Harry's face had the same intensity looking at Meghan as Kylo/Ben looking at Rey in TLJ.  Adam hit the mark so beautifully.  That's the look of love fanboys,  that's the look of love!
@SoloSideCousin
Yes! TLJ multiple times, mostly part of the second and definitely the fourth force bond, the lift, the throne room after the fight (though this one is maybe more sexual and lusty than romantic and loving) but also this from TFA:
@nana7marie

Lol!! So I have this image in my head when Rey is walking down and about to stand with Ben, he's so in awe of her and reaches out to her again for her hand, like he did at end of TLJ and it's the same focus on his hand and her reaching out and holding him. It'd be so beautiful and would come full circle and since holding hands is a big thing for them.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 19 May 2018, 8:22 pm

REYLO WEDDING CONFIRMED!!! Like seriously, if they are gonna blab about prince princess and fairy tales, they always end in a wedding!!!
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 19 May 2018, 11:59 pm

@rey09 @rawpowah @SoloSideCousin @nana7marie - awh!!!! Now I wish I had watched it, if I could have been picking up ideas for Reylo!!! tee hee..

nana7marie, I love that you chose that moment of revelation Kylo had looking at Rey on starkiller - where he realises she's the one, his counterpart in the force. It's incredibly romantic - I think Kylo/Ben finds Rey very attractive in part because of her power and connection to the force. It's so central to his own character, it makes sense he would highly prize this quality in his choice of romantic partner. He's in awe.. I love it!

rey09- whooo such a lovely comparison! thanks for sharing!!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:38 am

Artist: panda-capuccino

Looky looky, scavenger. This Master of the Knights of Ren has proposed!

Last edited by Irina de France on Thu 24 May 2018, 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Artist credit added)
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 24 May 2018, 2:38 am

@BB-Rey -wow!!!!
Hey do women take their spouse's name in star wars? any married women I can think of have not..
Padme Amidala, Leia Organa, Shara Bey. is this a Star wars thing?
We did see a wedding in a poe dameron comic so I guess they happen. lol. but I wonder if they do get 'engaged' will star wars do engagement rings? Or will there be a different tradition between betrothed?
Anyone know of any canon engagements we see?

[Edited to add the next line, as I seem to have accidentally deleted while posting this comment.]
There is the Anakin and Padme wedding at the end of AOTC which may not be a typical wedding as it's secret, but it cans till give us a few clues about the traditions...
I had a quick look at their [Anakin & Padme's] wedding.. I don't see any rings.. engagement or wedding and it seems to be after they said their vows.
At least we can see that a wedding veil and white dress is a tradition in SW universe..

I was just looking through Poe comics here is an image of the wedding:

White dress and bouquet of flowers.. but no veil. LOL at what Leia's ending to the wedding ceremony. The force- of course! lol.

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inserted comment)
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum