Post by snufkin on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:06 am

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Sat 26 May 2018, 11:44 am

This has been making the rounds.

Okay, edit, it's a joke, he's listing them in order of release date, but makes it look like a ranking. Just a little prank on the denizens of Twitter.

Last edited by californiagirl on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:33 pm

Exactly! You have a whole universe to play with, expand the galaxy, go wild in your sandbox. Stop limiting yourselves. I'm really excited to see Rian push forward and see what he can do without any constraints and working with a blank canvas. I'm almost as excited for his trilogy as I am for IX.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:46 pm

@californiagirl
Thank you for the detailed explanation - now her attitude makes more sense. I actually don’t mind if somebody thinks Kylo is the villain, will only get worse and die unredeemed - I hate it when such people force their views upon us, calling us stupid, delusional or crazy etc. So I’m fine with her finding Kylo villainous and disagreeing with how some bendemptionists and reylos see him. Kylo did, after all, commit quite a few acts of evil: turned to the dark side, joined the First Order, apparently killed some of Luke’s students and definitely killed Lor San Tekka, the villagers and Han Solo - I understand some people might see his monologue to Vader’s mask as simply adding depth to his character rather than, like me, as a sign there’s still good in him and foreshadowing of his eventual redemption. Kylo becomes a Supreme Leader in TLJ so it all fits together too.
@californiagirl wrote:I think it's more an issue with Kylo than Reylo. I don't think she dislikes the character, but maybe some of the reaction he got.
@californiagirl wrote:She called him a faschie sadboy and was appalled that people believed he was the real victim, and some of the same goes for Marvel's Loki fans as well.
@californiagirl wrote:She just discovered the SW shipping wars after TLJ, so it was all a surprise to her.
The above makes me think that it’s not even Kylo, like you suggested, but his fans and stans she has issues with and hence her firm stance on Kylo himself. From what I understand, after TFA came out, some members of the fandom as well as the general audience noticed reylo hints and began discussing it online and pretty much immediately became the target of hardcore fans oblivious to those hints - all the reysolos and reyskywalkers, usually disliking/hating Kylo too for not being ‘masculine’ enough (i.e. not vaderish enough). Antis from the general audience, who otherwise weren’t into SW that much, attacked reylos too on the basis of their own twisted social justice agenda. As far as I know, though, all that harassment centred around calling reylos delusional for seeing things that weren’t there (how ironic  lol! ) and diminishing them as silly teenage girls or sexually unfulfilled wifeys who romanticise abuse cos of their own wicked fantasies - it was all to ridicule reylos while firmly believing in their own reysolo/reyskywalker theories. And when TLJ came out, it turned out that - surprise, surprise - the silly teenage girls and sexually unfulfilled wifeys were right Lolilol . Even though I joined the reylo fandom only half a year ago, I couldn’t help but notice the difference in the levels of anti-reylo aggressiveness pre- and post-TLJ while reading tonnes of comments and articles upon seeing the movie and becoming a happy reylo myself. And it didn’t pass my attention that some bendemptionists and reylos seemed overzealous too - e.g. criticised Rey for not accepting Kylo’s proposal or not trying to negotiate with him, excused Kylo’s crimes from TFA saying he had no choice but to kill Lor San Tekka and the villagers, claimed that turning to the dark side and hunting down the Resistance were the only option Kylo could’ve pursued etc. If Linsay Ellis chanced upon those, paired with the crazy level toxicity of discourse surrounding TLJ in general, there’s a possibility she got the wrong impression of the reylo fandom - and hopefully has since changed her mind  Smile .
@californiagirl wrote:She is VERY sensitive to political things.
I’ve seen so many antis claiming that Lucasfilm had a direct and conscious idea of the First Order, Snoke and Kylo representing the increase of the right-wing extremesim in recent years, Trump’s rise to power and growing number of teen school shooters and thus the audience isn’t supposed to root for Kylo and reylos are basically sick  Rolling Eyes - I actually see where they’re coming from, one can’t help but notice some parallels, but it’s more due to the universal message of fairy tale storytelling, the predictability of human nature and history’s repeatability. The First Order is an evil totalitarian organisation that has support among the richest who capitalise on war but also among the poorest who feel let down by the previous regime, Snoke took over due to his clever manipulations and Kylo joined the dark side by making one of the worst choices in attempt to solve his problems - one can apply these not only to the recent events but also to the past, including centuries ago. It’s very frustrating when antis claim the ST is a literal take on modern-day real-life issues rather than a symbolic one full of metaphors that can be applied anytime. I wonder how much this anti discourse influenced Lindsay’s initial opinion.
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:51 pm

@californiagirl wrote:This has been making the rounds.

@californiagirl

Yeah, I don't know who this guy is, but to put TPM and AOTC over anything that has come out since KK took over Disney has no credibility whatsoever.

Edit: Just looked him up. I don't care what he produced. He is old-school fanboy incarnate and it's actually pretty disgusting to use his notoriety to try to tank a movie in its opening weekend. What a d***!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:17 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@californiagirl

Yeah, I don't know who this guy is, but to put TPM and AOTC over anything that has come out since KK took over Disney has no credibility whatsoever.

Edit: Just looked him up. I don't care what he produced. He is old-school fanboy incarnate and it's actually pretty disgusting to use his notoriety to try to tank a movie in its opening weekend. What a d***!
@SoloSideCousin

You need to take a closer look at the list. It's a trap Very Happy
Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:20 pm

@Forsythia wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@californiagirl

@SoloSideCousin

@Forsythia

Aaahhh, I see it. Lol! I am already getting Kylo-defensive for Solo, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:20 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@californiagirl

@SoloSideCousin

No, it's a joke, maybe it didn't come across really well. He makes it look like a ranking when it's actually just listing them in order of release. Should I put a disclaimer?
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:21 pm

@californiagirl
Is this his ranking of SW films? Cos for me it looks like a list of SW movies in a chronological order - whatever reason he felt he needed to make it lol! . He could be a Disney SW hater but putting AotC above RofS is highly suspicious Lolilol .

EDIT: My typing skills are to slow lol! .

Last edited by nana7marie on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:21 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@californiagirl

Edit: Just looked him up. I don't care what he produced. He is old-school fanboy incarnate and it's actually pretty disgusting to use his notoriety to try to tank a movie in its opening weekend.  What a d***!
@SoloSideCousin
I think he's joking, he just listed the films in release order. Wink Rian commented too, I can't post it here but look it up.
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:23 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Forsythia wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@californiagirl

@SoloSideCousin

@Forsythia

Aaahhh, I see it. Lol! I am already getting Kylo-defensive for Solo, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

lol!

Don’t worry, I fell for it too... *facepalm*

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sat 26 May 2018, 3:24 pm

It's hilarious how many angry replies he got by people who were disagreeing with his list Very Happy
Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Sat 26 May 2018, 4:12 pm

https://twitter.com/MegaConOrlando/status/1000126057184284673?s=19

Did you see that? If it's true then I would love to see Lando in 9.
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 26 May 2018, 4:19 pm

@ Geralt_Riv
Omg that would be like a dream come true . Would love to see lando in episode 9.
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 26 May 2018, 4:22 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:https://twitter.com/MegaConOrlando/status/1000126057184284673?s=19

@Geralt_Riv

Lando needs to come to Ben's aid, just like what was hinted in the Aftermath books. Ben has a history of loving Lando and no betrayal by Lando towards Ben has been hinted at. Lando will be upset about Han, but I think he'd come around.

Lando and Ben! Billy Dee and Adam! Make it happen LF!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Sat 26 May 2018, 4:32 pm

@AhsokaTano @SoloSideCousin
That would be great! Smile
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 26 May 2018, 5:28 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:https://twitter.com/MegaConOrlando/status/1000126057184284673?s=19

@Geralt_Riv
UNCA WANWO! H-beating
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:52 pm

@Geralt_Riv

This is exactly what Fisher and Hamill did prior to TFA, just saying... It would be good for him to appear and (somewhat) fill the void left by Leia. He's basically family to Ben too, and there's no feelings of betrayal tied there. It works really well. Lando to Ben when he shows up at his place:

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 26 May 2018, 7:42 pm

Lando in IX would be amazing, but putting an 81 year old on a diet and training regimen...? I guess if he’s in excellent health otherwise...
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 26 May 2018, 7:47 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:

@Geralt_Riv

This is exactly what Fisher and Hamill did prior to TFA, just saying... It would be good for him to appear and (somewhat) fill the void left by Leia. He's basically family to Ben too, and there's no feelings of betrayal tied there. It works really well. Lando to Ben when he shows up at his place:

@Kylo Rey

Go Billy Dee! Diet and exercise can only do so much at that age though.
I think Chewie fulfills the role of family member better than Lando but YMMV. That Unca Wanwo moment in the novel was hilarious! I want a scene where we hear what Ben called Chewie before he could speak properly.. Ummm 'Unca Whooooweee'? we definitely need more baby talk in SW tee hee..
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 26 May 2018, 8:34 pm

Hearing that Billy Dee Williams is dieting and exercising is great.

I’m not ready to believe it just yet, but I’d be so happy if Lando appears in Episode IX.

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Sat 26 May 2018, 8:49 pm

Accidentally stumbled across this. He really likes this pairing. Smile
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 27 May 2018, 12:13 am

Kylo's hair will be fine!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 27 May 2018, 7:56 am

@Riri wrote:Kylo's hair will be fine!
@Riri

And the entire fandom breathes a collective sigh of relief. It's hilarious that the anxiety reached the Story Group. Laughing
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 27 May 2018, 8:01 am

@ Riri
You made my day ( along with the Han Solo official guide by Pablo hidalgo have just received from amazon and am avidly reading through !)
Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum