Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ZioRen on Thu 31 May 2018, 12:58 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:^ Not that Chuck doesn't have good points about those rabid boycotters, but... I wonder if people associated with Lucasfilm have ever considered just, you know, not complaining about fans all the time? Because it's not a good look - even when you totally have the high ground, scoring points online makes it look like you're no better.

Something I learnt in a different context a long, long time ago: no author has EVER gained anything by waging a war against unfair reviews. Same principle applies here.

On another note, interesting that he brought Trevorrow into it. Looks like the animosity between CT and Lucasfilm really is leaking into public now...
@Darth Dingbat

Agreed. Disney needs to get a hold of their employees. There's having free speech on your social media account and then there's being straight up unprofessional.

All the internal tension at Lucasfilm that seems to be leaking out is not a good look. They're sort of proving the people who sneer at the ST and new films even existing right.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:05 pm

Agree with all of the excellent points made that the social networking of LF and Disney employees needs to change.  It appears too defensive.

As an aside, the movement to box office assist Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom as a sign to Disney/LF that CT has support not JJ lacks logic when looked at this from this angle...and I doubt the antis are thinking about this.

One of the producers is Frank Marshall who is married to Kathleen Kennedy. lol One of the production companies is the The Kennedy/Marshall Company.  The Kennedy...for Kathleen Kennedy. haha love this.  Indeed, she no longer is involved as a business sense because of LF, yet she still will financially benefit from JW:FK success because she is married to the sole principal, and other variables I am not business savvy enough to mention.  So...yeah...I don't think the antis thought this through...
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:24 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:^ Not that Chuck doesn't have good points about those rabid boycotters, but... I wonder if people associated with Lucasfilm have ever considered just, you know, not complaining about fans all the time? Because it's not a good look - even when you totally have the high ground, scoring points online makes it look like you're no better.

Something I learnt in a different context a long, long time ago: no author has EVER gained anything by waging a war against unfair reviews. Same principle applies here.

On another note, interesting that he brought Trevorrow into it. Looks like the animosity between CT and Lucasfilm really is leaking into public now...

Yeah. I often enjoy the hot tea that get's served up and think it's accurate... but they have, from an industry pov, a negativity situation forming around their brand and they need to be above the fray. Focus on pushing the positive. Regardless of why you think the numbers for Solo were what they were, they need to have a tighter, more positive message IMO. The best revenge is if nobody even notices the haters anymore.
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:29 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

Agreed. Disney needs to get a hold of their employees. There's having free speech on your social media account and then there's being straight up unprofessional.

All the internal tension at Lucasfilm that seems to be leaking out is not a good look. They're sort of proving the people who sneer at the ST and new films even existing right.
@ZioRen

Most film production isn't sunshine and rainbows, the difference is if people hear about it or not. We now live in a culture where we expect to know about every internal decision and conflict within a studio if we want. When really, the fans don't know as much as we think we do, and people tend to freak out over everything they hear, whether it's true or not. Yeah, they should get a hold on themselves before they start sounding rudderless like the DC Universe, even if they are faring better than WB.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:51 pm

Some more fun tweets.

This guy's from a YT channel I follow (though have been avoiding for several weeks to avoid Solo and SW fallout). He loved TLJ, so it's nice to see a dude pick up on the clear intentions of the film. And she will be Rey Solo, but not in the way you think!
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire on Thu 31 May 2018, 3:11 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Some more fun tweets.

This guy's from a YT channel I follow (though have been avoiding for several weeks to avoid Solo and SW fallout). He loved TLJ, so it's nice to see a dude pick up on the clear intentions of the film. And she will be Rey Solo, but not in the way you think!
@californiagirl

LOL @ that Truitt Tweet. That is my same feeling, as I mentioned in the movie thread, except for it's why I see it as a perfect married name. IMO, like with every other romance trope they're playing with, Han's backstory and the meaning of the name Solo--how his history resonates with Rey's--is another way they're redeeming/tweaking things that might be default sexist. So becoming a Solo isn't about subsuming her identity in the upper class identity of the man she's marrying, it's related to something that's already part of her. Something that comes from the same background as her and is a point in common, a proud *commoner* name, rather than nobility taking on a peasant girl and remaking her.

And, for all that Rey and Ben are a "reverse Anidala," there's a way that Rey is also the version of Han who gets to have a happily ever after with the difficult brunet(te) prince(ss). They both come from the same sort of background and they both want to be needed by their prince(ss).
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 31 May 2018, 4:17 pm

@Darth Dingbat

Completely agree. Waging wars against a minority of fans has done nothing for Sony and their would-be Ghostbusters franchise.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 31 May 2018, 4:33 pm

Are they complaining about fans all the time though? Isn't Chuck Wendig an author, not an official LF employee? As for the others on twitter... I've seen some tongue-in-cheek comments and in-jokes, but I'm not sure I've seen out-and-out rants about fans (if I'm mistaken you can correct me). I feel like if you're on twitter, and constantly tagged in what can only be described as absolutely insane comments, it's OK to let off a little steam with a snide comment or two on occasion. But maybe I don't have a proper bearing on who the official LF media presence on twitter are. I just assumed they can't control *everyone's* freedom of speech who has ever been associated with the films (see: Hamill, Mark).

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:41 am

@ZioRen wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ZioRen

If the tension continues, especially if there is no reason for it considering there is nothing movie-wise until Episode 9 Dec 2019, I am wondering if the only action that will ease such tension is that Kathleen Kennedy resigns.  

I awakened to John Campea posting a video with 5 reasons she should step down.  Completely shocked me he did that because he is a fan of hers (although he may be exhausted by the troll attacks....who knows).  For now, I think he is overreacting, yet if things continue to be tense and heated in the next 3-6 months, and there is no reason why...sigh...that might be the answer at that time. 

https://youtu.be/_HtqN5FAK38
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:30 am

Lindsey Romain (writes for a lot of publications like Nerdest, Thriller, and Vulture) watched TLJ and live tweeted her thoughts last night & the whole thread is soooooooo good!

SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 11:05 am

Yep, it's a great thread. Rian liked this one haha. Preserves his status as no.1 Kylo fan.

Truer words have never been spoken

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:57 pm

lol

californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 1:00 pm

@californiagirl wrote:lol

@californiagirl

lmaoooo omgg KYLOOO
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 1:07 pm

@californiagirl wrote:lol

@californiagirl

Hahaha, Kylo dramatic as usual. Like something out of an anime. I love how the comic shows how Rey and Ben perceive each other through the FB (him on Ahch-to, her on the Supremacy), unlike how the audience sees them. Also, one of the most sensual and suggestive scenes in the movie. And yes, Rian DID THAT. It still astonishes me as to how much sexual imagery/symbolism he managed to fit into a kids movie. With such finesse and class too. Seriously, one of the most elegant movies I've seen when it comes to how it handled the sexuality/lust aspect. Beautiful.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:18 pm

honestly, I bet Adam runs daily (or as much as he can), SW training or not, based on what I've read in interviews; he likes to run and stay in shape. I know he and Joanne would often be spotted on a run in the early days of Girls before he was super famous.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:20 pm

I do tend to bombard this thread, don't I? But we can relate to this one.

Some of the comments aren't the nicest. Like how JJ refuses/is incapable of plans or answers, and all he likes are his mysteries. Stuff like this is why I feel bad for him. JJ's got his issues, and he does like his precious boxes too much. But regardless if people want him to undo TLJ or not, there is just no confidence whatsoever that TFA and TLJ are compatible and that any of this was planned from the beginning or has any sort of rhyme or reason or point. Someone from LF say something already....
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by twilekempire on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:46 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ZioRen

If the tension continues, especially if there is no reason for it considering there is nothing movie-wise until Episode 9 Dec 2019, I am wondering if the only action that will ease such tension is that Kathleen Kennedy resigns.  

I awakened to John Campea posting a video with 5 reasons she should step down.  Completely shocked me he did that because he is a fan of hers (although he may be exhausted by the troll attacks....who knows).  For now, I think he is overreacting, yet if things continue to be tense and heated in the next 3-6 months, and there is no reason why...sigh...that might be the answer at that time. 

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for sharing that video. It's persuasive and that makes me sad, but it's also good to have calm, well-reasoned analysis of the current situation. There's research that shows how women get more negativity when they're in higher positions and it annoys me to see that play out yet again. OTOH, that doesn't mean she hasn't made some missteps.

That said, the much vaunted Kevin Feige, who KK is so compared to, is good at everything except women. By the time Captain Marvel comes out, there will have been 20 movies until there's a female led Marvel movie. And they only did that because the DCEU showed them up with Wonder Woman. Even if her replacement is as savvy as Feige, even if he's perfect (and it's inevitable that KK's replacement would be a man), I just don't want someone like that in charge. It's such a frustrating situation.

I am convinced by everyone who says there won't likely be major changes to IX, at least, so I'll get Rey + Ben's story before whatever comes. That's not nothing! That's wonderful. And if Reylo is huge post-IX, then hopefully the new leader would have to take into account how much leaning into a heroine and female interests mattered.
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 12:10 am

@twilekempire wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ZioRen

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for sharing that video. It's persuasive and that makes me sad, but it's also good to have calm, well-reasoned analysis of the current situation. There's research that shows how women get more negativity when they're in higher positions and it annoys me to see that play out yet again. OTOH, that doesn't mean she hasn't made some missteps.

That said, the much vaunted Kevin Feige, who KK is so compared to, is good at everything except women. By the time Captain Marvel comes out, there will have been 20 movies until there's a female led Marvel movie. And they only did that because the DCEU showed them up with Wonder Woman. Even if her replacement is as savvy as Feige, even if he's perfect (and it's inevitable that KK's replacement would be a man), I just don't want someone like that in charge. It's such a frustrating situation.

I am convinced by everyone who says there won't likely be major changes to IX, at least, so I'll get Rey + Ben's story before whatever comes. That's not nothing! That's wonderful. And if Reylo is huge post-IX, then hopefully the new leader would have to take into account how much leaning into a heroine and female interests mattered.
@twilekempire
What confuses me is that most who are really ugly for this push for Dave Filoni, which causes me to scratch my head because all work he is doing was approved by Kathleen Kennedy.  Moreover, based on the clues, etc on Rebels, he seems very much on board with the overlying theme of the ST.  Not a lot of logical thinking in their circles.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 1:12 am

@twilekempire wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ZioRen

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@twilekempire
What confuses me is that most who are really ugly for this push for Dave Filoni, which causes me to scratch my head because all work he is doing was approved by Kathleen Kennedy.  Moreover, based on the clues, etc on Rebels, he seems very much on board with the overlying theme of the ST.  Not a lot of logical thinking in their circles.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Absolutely. KK and the Story Group approve everything Dave Filoni does.

Also, a lot of those same people are constantly calling for Dave Filoni to take KK's job, which is like twilight zone thinking. Never in a million years will Dave Filoni be made the head of a major studio like Lucasfilm

Also, KK was hand-picked by GL. She has a connection to the Lucas/Spielberg nexus going back 37 years. No one, with exception of Frank Marshall (who has his own job), comes even close to the blockbuster magic of the early 80s. Further, she has produced Oscar worthy movies. Someone of her caliber will be very hard to replace. In addition, Bob Iger signs off on what she does. I don't see too many of these fanboys calling for Bob's firing.

They should be praying that KK doesn't leave, because her successor would probably come straight out the Disney executive crew. Then their SW will be really "Disney-fied".
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 6:13 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:@IoJovi

That's what I was thinking too, anything with a solo hashtag that seems positive at a quick glance. People are upset on Twitter, including many reylos, because he's retweeted a shady tweet more than once though. But still, that one is pretty offensive Neutral
@SheLitAFire

It's possible that he's using an app to retweet. Terrible idea.
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 7:16 pm

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:46 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kylo Rey

Omg, yes. This is one of my absolute wishes for Episode IX, after Kylo’s redemption and Reylo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 03 Jun 2018, 3:43 pm

For anti tweets, just a reminder that we have a thread in Maz's Castle specifically for anti tweets. I cannot move said posts due to mobile malfuctions, but please continue any conversation about antis or anything related to antis in that thread, as it has happened a few times in the last few weeks. Thanks! Smile
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 7:02 pm

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next