Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:09 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:OH s***!

From an official John Williams concert and LucasFilm credited with providing the clips... now who's getting that LOVE THEME!

Lol what are the "JW thinks Rey is a Skywalker" crowd gonna say. The post-TLJ validation continues.

Also lol @ some of the ppl in the mentions having a meltdown. @kaludiasays in particular is having a breakdown right now. She deserves it. Nasty person.
@Kylo Rey

Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:15 pm

If it's an official John Williams concert (does he actually conduct at these events?), then I can't imagine they would put reylo in just for funsies.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:25 pm

@rey09 wrote:If it's an official John Williams concert (does he actually conduct at these events?), then I can't imagine they would put reylo in just for funsies.
@rey09

Look at the screenshot of that paper I posted above, it says John Williams conducting. If you go on the girls' twitter (from the Skytalkers podcast) you can see photos from last night and their tweets about how excited they were to be attending a John Williams concert. Apparently he was there to conduct his new Han Solo theme. They were also at the Solo premiere.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:52 pm

ST era SW has been so coy with the soundtrack titles not spoiling anything - if there's a theme it'll have some bland name.

As for what the rest of the public thinks post-TLJ, I'd say that a lot of fans saw it and recognized it for what it was meant to be, enemies in a "it's complicated' relationship. The ride or die hardcore fandom is in large part responsible for the conspiracy theory that Rey was a long lost legacy child. Because it assumed given the Star Wars orthodoxy (favorite new expression thanks to David Chang's podcast), those were the 'rules,' everybody is always connected. Which fed into the whole "they're enemy cousin-siblings" conspiracy theory. As for ranting on social media about it, there seem to be a lot of people who aspire to be the Anita Sarkeesian of SW fandom but instead are more its equivalent Alex Jones. Also whatever John Williams did at a concert last night is a ridiculous hill to die on considering how deeply in bed Disney has put the franchise with the National Football League and its wonderful policies that were announced yesterday. Or I've yet to notice anybody in the fandom weighing in on Disney's heavy-handed role in Anaheim city politics versus just jizzing all over themselves because of the launch date announced for the new theme park.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 24 May 2018, 2:00 pm

John Williams two years ago: "I think, as everyone does, that Rey is Luke's daughter!"

Sure. Nice bluff JW. You may have fooled some people!

Btw, this is great!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 24 May 2018, 2:12 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Also lol @ some of the ppl in the mentions having a meltdown. @kaludiasays in particular is having a breakdown right now. She deserves it. Nasty person.
@Kylo Rey
I didn’t notice this part of your post the first time I read it and went straight on to Twitter to go through the original thread, saw this person and her reply and other tweets regarding the news and came back here to comment only to realise you’ve already mentioned it yourself lol! . I recognised her immediately cos she’s one of the two notorious antis I’d chanced upon before I even signed up to this forum and Twitter - when I was just lurking and searching for any ST and reylo related content: forums, reviews and articles, comments beneath them, social media and so on. I understand she’s an abuse victim herself and some ST stuff has triggered her - I sympathise with her and see why she’s uncomfortable with reylo and don’t question it. It’s not even her inability to differentiate between various genres and how they’re defined (symbolic and metaphorical vs literal and realistic takes etc.) and hence inability to comprehend what the narrative is really about (certainly not about the doom of a privileged fascist boy who’s a prime example of toxic masculinity) that makes me frustrated and angry - it’s her patronising attitude, mean tone and rude remarks to reylos that are annoying beyond measure. I went through some of her tweets and antis replies and it’s astonishing they think it’s Lucasfilm choosing to support reylo out of all fandom ships as if it was something created by fans and Lucasfilm just liked this one most whereas in reality it’s the other way round - it’s created by Lucasfilm which is why they endorse it Lolilol . I can only imagine their shock and rage once IX comes out Razz .
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 24 May 2018, 2:24 pm

I thought the LF officially-sanctioned Reylo validation train would slow in the Solo and even post-Solo era. But nope! Keep it comin', this is all so great. Paired with the databank comments about miserable post-Crait Kylo, we're on a roll.

Also, John Williams likes to lovingly troll fans, it's cute. Like when he asked if Daisy was going to be in TLJ. He very well knows she's in the movie. He claims he doesn't know anything that's going to happen, sure he does. But otherwose no one would leave him alone. He and the whole cast, Rian, and so on all conform to the "it could go anywhere!" narrative, to keep the audience guessing. He absolutely knows what he's doing when there are Rey-Kylo clips during the love theme.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 24 May 2018, 2:32 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:John Williams two years ago: "I think, as everyone does, that Rey is Luke's daughter!"

Sure. Nice bluff JW. You may have  fooled some people!

Btw, this is great!

Given what was in TFA music wise, I can't imagine JW wasn't clue'd into what was going on between Rey and her supposed cousin in the film. I always thought the Silver Fox was trolling with that line, even when it first came out...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 24 May 2018, 4:25 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see more Reylo in the marketing, even if it's indirect and coy, because honestly what other emotional hook is there? The OT cast are out of the picture and Rebels MkII vs Empire MkII is zzzzz.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 24 May 2018, 4:52 pm

@Saracene wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see more Reylo in the marketing, even if it's indirect and coy, because honestly what other emotional hook is there? The OT cast are out of the picture and Rebels MkII vs Empire MkII is zzzzz.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It's like the Rey and Kylo show with a bit of Hux.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Thu 24 May 2018, 5:26 pm

Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Thu 24 May 2018, 5:55 pm

Not really my kind of movie tbh.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 24 May 2018, 5:57 pm

@rawpowah wrote:Not really my kind of movie tbh.

Same...never cared for boba fett at all...
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 24 May 2018, 7:11 pm

@Saracene wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see more Reylo in the marketing, even if it's indirect and coy, because honestly what other emotional hook is there? The OT cast are out of the picture and Rebels MkII vs Empire MkII is zzzzz.

It would be thrilling to get more Reylo marketing, and I expect they will especially later on. But LF likes to keep people guessing what the story or basic character motivations are to an absurd and sometimes unhelpful degree. On the other hand, they relied heavily on Luke in early TLJ marketing, which they don't have anymore. Watch them try pushing the BFG and eeeevul King Kylo in the early articles.

If Breznican is involved, expect lamo, fan-biased VF and EW articles. Or they could do themselves a favor and just skip to the actual point early on and cut the crap. People were invested in the story for TLJ, but now many are confused, lost, and detached and losing interest. Tell people why they should be excited. REYLO, that's why you should be excited and see the movie!

I do look forward to the main trailer (a year and a half from now), because if the TLJ one was Reylotastic, what will we get for IX? Jumping
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 24 May 2018, 7:50 pm

@californiagirl Beautiful Friendship Gang angle is a pretty poor substitute for Luke is Back, especially considering that the movies haven't bothered to build a gang as such. It's more like, Character A is friends with Character B who is friends with Character C and there's Character D who has a romantic interest in Character B.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 24 May 2018, 8:13 pm

@Saracene wrote:@californiagirl Beautiful Friendship Gang angle is a pretty poor substitute for Luke is Back, especially considering that the movies haven't bothered to build a gang as such. It's more like, Character A is friends with Character B who is friends with Character C and there's Character D who has a romantic interest in Character B.

The reason friendship gang could make some early appearances rests entirely on the King Kylo angle, which even if false, is more interesting. Early marketing could be awfully vague like TLJ's, relying more on viewer's expectations than actual information about the film. Like a teaser, it's just to get fans excited based on feelings they already have, not actually telling them much until like 3-4 months out from the film. I do hope they speed it up this time, they don't have as much fan interest or patience as they did last time. People really have no idea what to expect from IX.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Thu 24 May 2018, 9:14 pm

@Blood Moon

Meanwhile:
The incomparable Ewan McGregor: "Guys, I am SO up for doing the Obi-wan movie that most people actually would be interested in. Call me anytime. Seriously, like ANY TIME."

Lucasfilm: "...Eh."

Me:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 24 May 2018, 10:50 pm

The Boba Fett movie was mentioned just earlier on this page, and interest did not sustain itself for even the length of that page. I saw it online earlier, saw no one else was talking about it here yet, assumed there was no interest, and was apparently correct. This was the one I hoped wouldn't happen, though at least that doesn't sound as bad a Yoda movie. So what was with those very detailed descriptions of Obi-Wan pre-production the other week?

There's a thread for an Obi-Wan movie that doesn't exist, and none for the Fett movie that is actually going to exist. Our priorities are evident here.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 24 May 2018, 10:55 pm

Daniel Logan (kid Boba from AotC) really wants the part.

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 24 May 2018, 11:31 pm

I've zero interest in a Boba Fett movie, but I'll be very surprised if it actually treats him as an anti-hero out for himself. I bet it will make him nice and decent on the inside and he'll probably strike a touching friendship with a little girl or something like that.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 25 May 2018, 12:42 am

@Blood Moon

It looks like it is. Also, James Mangold is a serious director. He did Logan and Walk the Line. I don't care about Bob's Fett, but I will see it based on Mangold's work.

@Darth rowan, the article does repeat the talk of Stephen Daldry doing an Obi-Wan movie. The guys who did The Hours ... I am totally there.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:22 am

Boba Fett solo film does not sound so interesting without context. A bounty hunter movie with Boba Fett where he is for example competing with other hunters sounds much more appealing to me.
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:27 am

That feeling when you wake up and find out there will be a Bobba Fett movie... lol!

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:50 am

@Man Without A Star wrote:Boba Fett solo film does not sound so interesting without context. A bounty hunter movie with Boba Fett where he is for example competing with other hunters sounds much more appealing to me.
@Man Without A Star

Exactly! Boba Fett did work for Vader.. and crossed paths with Dr Aphra... and hunted Luke - I'd love to see any of these characters on the big screen if it's in a Boba Fett movie- okay! I'm happy to go with the flow and give LF a chance to branch out.. Interesting SW times ahead Very Happy
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 25 May 2018, 2:32 am

lol! I remember how around the announcement or release of RO my brother told me he heard rumours the next spin-off will be about Boba Fett and I replied: ‘Who the hell is Boba Fett?’ - belonging to general audience I didn’t really care about him in either the OT or PT and didn’t even remember his character Lolilol .
Maybe it’ll be tied to Solo in some way? I haven’t seen it yet but spoilers keep coming in and apparently Solo has an open ending that begs to explore the characters further. Also, this would fit with the rumour of Alden Ehrenreich signing up for more than just one film.
Having said that, I’m with @Darth Rowan here - all for the Obi-Wan spin-off with Ewan McGregor! H-beating
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum