Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 25 May 2018, 3:40 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:That feeling you wake up and find out there will be a Bobba Fett movie... lol!
@Darth_Awakened

yeah, I'm so excited about this...

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:30 am

@Saracene wrote:I've zero interest in a Boba Fett movie, but I'll be very surprised if it actually treats him as an anti-hero out for himself. I bet it will make him nice and decent on the inside and he'll probably strike a touching friendship with a little girl or something like that.
@Saracene

This made me laugh because I could almost imagine Disney doing something like this, lol.

I guess they’re trying to tap into the Boba Fett appeal among so many OT fanboys. He's really popular with some of them (for some reason I don’t fully comprehend ). The only appeal I see for such a movie is the possibility of it featuring Vader, but I bet it won’t.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:41 am

Lmao! Me opening my emails and apps the last few days.

23.9k retweets. Rian's twitter game is on point.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:55 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:Lmao! Me opening my emails and apps the last few days.

@Kylo Rey

This thing (GDPR) has been killing me for days now.Both professionaly and privately.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 25 May 2018, 9:41 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:Lmao! Me opening my emails and apps the last few days.

@Kylo Rey

This thing (GDPR) has been killing me for days now.Both professionaly and privately.
@Darth_Awakened

Wait what is this GDPR thing? I got an email from a vlogger mentioning this and was like ok whatever lol.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:31 am

My feelings...

Solo movie: zzzzzzzz (+numerous objections)
Bobba Fett movie: zzzzzzzzzz
Hutt movie (if that is ever done): zzzzzzzzz

I am wondering if they even know how to be entertaining, interesting or novel.

Make a freaking Sloane movie and have Vader in it. This will make me happy.

Make an Aphra movie with or without Vader.

MORE VADER (sorry, couldn't help it)

And for the love of everything good, make some more Force stories and make something that is MOSTLY a Force story. That is where I get super super excited. And by this, I don't mean Obi-wan wandering the desert alone for 2 hours and occasionally spying on little Luke like a creepy child stalker (just kidding). I'm all for a Kenobi movie but it wouldn't be the height of a Force story film by any means.

And please, no Maul movie. It's okay to make new Force characters too!

(Though naturally I would be all for a Kylo movie haha.)
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:41 am

Did anyone get screenshots of Pablo's supposed 'attack' on haters before he deleted everything?? https://twitter.com/XanderDavisLive/status/999902961655468034
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:45 am

Hmm. Is this the post-suicide look? https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo?lang=en
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:49 am

I feel like I'm the only one here excited about the Boba Fett movie. I get it - he's one of those characters that caters to the fanboy masses. Still, I was a huge fan of him in the 90s prior to the CGI manifestions of the OT. I loved the character and how they expanded upon him in the EU. He was very much Javert to Han's Jean Valjean. He had a mysteriousness about him - why was he so good at his job; the guy never left a job unfinished and he succeeded at capturing or killing any quarry he set his sights on. Oh, and did I mention his bad a** ship? Laughing

The PT really killed my interest in him unfortunately as I would have rather had his backstory left untold than to what we ended up getting. I mean, the story wasn't horrible, but I'd still say it was mediocre and not fitting of what I imagined for him. The fact that the director has 3:10 to Yuma in his repertoire gives me hope as that movie has much of the same feel that I imagined for this character back in the 90s, so I'm optimistic!
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:59 am

@IoJovi wrote:I feel like I'm the only one here excited about the Boba Fett movie. I get it - he's one of those characters that caters to the fanboy masses. Still, I was a huge fan of him in the 90s prior to the CGI manifestions of the OT. I loved the character and how they expanded upon him in the EU. He was very much Javert to Han's Jean Valjean. He had a mysteriousness about him - why was he so good at his job; the guy never left a job unfinished and he succeeded at capturing or killing any quarry he set his sights on. Oh, and did I mention his bad a** ship? Laughing

The PT really killed my interest in him unfortunately as I would have rather had his backstory left untold than to what we ended up getting. I mean, the story wasn't horrible, but I'd still say it was mediocre and not fitting of what I imagined for him. The fact that the director has 3:10 to Yuma in his repertoire gives me hope as that movie has much of the same feel that I imagined for this character back in the 90s, so I'm optimistic!
@IoJovi
You are not alone. Smile Boba Fett is a character with potential for a spin-off movie or TV series.
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 25 May 2018, 11:11 am

@IoJovi wrote:I feel like I'm the only one here excited about the Boba Fett movie. I get it - he's one of those characters that caters to the fanboy masses. Still, I was a huge fan of him in the 90s prior to the CGI manifestions of the OT. I loved the character and how they expanded upon him in the EU. He was very much Javert to Han's Jean Valjean. He had a mysteriousness about him - why was he so good at his job; the guy never left a job unfinished and he succeeded at capturing or killing any quarry he set his sights on. Oh, and did I mention his bad a** ship? Laughing

@IoJovi

I have never had much interest in Boba Fett and *I'm* excited! James Mangold is a fantastic director! Walk the Line and 3:10 to Yuma are magnificently made films. This movie could totally redeem Boba Fett, create awesome characters and open up all kinds of creative doors.

This is original creative work by very talented people. Let's give it a chance before dismissing outright.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Fri 25 May 2018, 11:32 am

Okay so apparently THIS is Pablo's real account; https://twitter.com/1hvac_solutions
the one w/ his name was apparently hacked??
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 25 May 2018, 12:22 pm

Mangold is the bigger draw for me than Fett. I know Boba F. had many books and comics in Legends, I'm not opposed to creating stories about a character people like, but how much of the GA cares? Hardcore fans do, but that's what the extra EU canon materials are for, not the movies that cater to a broad audience to make the maximum amount of dollars. A bit of an odd business decision, actually.

Someone on Twitter said they would prefer a KoR movie, something we don't actually know about, so I showed him that 2016 article where JJ said the same thing Smile
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:00 pm

My phone wont let me post this picture here, but here's an image from that Reylo montage at JW's concert. The tweeter is trying to find more evidence.

https://twitter.com/reysroses/status/1000068785779367938

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:31 pm

@Riri wrote:My phone wont let me post this picture here, but here's an image from that Reylo montage at JW's concert. The tweeter is trying to find more evidence.

@Riri

I can't seem to post pics either. Odd.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 25 May 2018, 1:59 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Riri wrote:My phone wont let me post this picture here, but here's an image from that Reylo montage at JW's concert. The tweeter is trying to find more evidence.

@Riri

I can't seem to post pics either. Odd.
@Kylo Rey
Very Happy
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 25 May 2018, 3:43 pm

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Fri 25 May 2018, 4:38 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Blood Moon

It looks like it is. Also, James Mangold is a serious director. He did Logan and Walk the Line. I don't care about Bob's Fett, but I will see it based on Mangold's work.

@Darth rowan, the article does repeat the talk of Stephen Daldry doing an Obi-Wan movie. The guys who did The Hours ... I am totally there.
@SoloSideCousin

Yes this, Mangold's body of work is great. A director is always the first thing that gets me excited, or not.
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Fri 25 May 2018, 4:52 pm

I haven't seen Logan, but Wolverine in Japan was pretty mediocre and Walk the Line was a solid but painfully by-numbers biopic, so I can't say Mangold's name is getting me excited.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 25 May 2018, 5:40 pm

I'm 100% biased because I grew up near Folsom Prison, am a huge Cash stan (he's the first real life celebrity I ever saw in person), and even have a tiny connection to the history of Sun Records because one of the original artists on that label was a distant cousin. Walk the Line was sanctioned by Johnny and June, but it turned some of the more interesting parts of his life story, like his first marriage, how he and June actually met (it's far better than the bland meet cute concocted for the film), and the role his religious faith played in helping him overcome his drug addiction and depression. What ended up on screen instead is 100% bland and safe versus anything I've ever read in his various memoirs or the definitive histories of country music (Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone? is an excellent account of both the Carter and Cash families and other artists like Hank Williams that manages to tell the entire historic story while also being very personal family history).

Otherwise, I know a couple people who love Boba Fett and they're excited, so it's all good. Just certainly isn't something I'd be interested in seeing or a director I've been impressed with in the past.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 25 May 2018, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 25 May 2018, 5:59 pm

Reylo validation lol

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:58 pm

I couldn't care less about Boba Fett, and haven't watched Walk the Line, but as @SoloSideCousin said, 3:10 to Yuma was solid and Logan was amazing, perhaps my no.1 movie of 2017, above TLJ. Any superhero movie that can be that moving and actually inspire feelings, along with making me cry my eyes out, is the work of a great director IMO. Shared quite a few similarities with TLJ too, with the theme of failure, guilt, was anti-fan service with a great dollop of character focused drama. Fantastic child performance from Dafne Keen, and it was nice to see
Spoiler:
a father-daughter relationship form the emotional heart and crux of a superhero movie too.
Best superhero movie since TDK, for me. Also, X-23/Laura's theme is haunting and eerie AF.

"So, this is what it feels like"....
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 25 May 2018, 7:10 pm

@Riri wrote:Reylo validation lol

@Riri

Tiffany needs to spill the beans! Laughing
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 25 May 2018, 8:35 pm

After all this validation, it's no wonder the anti community is having a collective meltdown on twitter/tumblr Laughing
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Fri 25 May 2018, 9:28 pm

MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum: