Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:49 am

Wait another one from screening :
From instagram this time
Am lost for words right now but Adam wow ❤️

avatar
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 596
Likes : 1872
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 6:00 am

@ZioRen wrote:His hair looks great! His lack of clean-shaven look makes me wonder, too.
@ZioRen

He looks amazing! Shocked Those Reylo scenes are gonna be so hot!
I do think he is not clean shaven because he is not filming IX yet but he will be! You can tell he’s been training!
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 521
Likes : 2343
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:47 am

He must be going back and forth. He was in London and August. He must be like a person with an enormous energy, he never stops working.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 206
Likes : 946
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 9:22 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:He must be going back and forth. He was in London and August. He must be like a person with an enormous energy, he never stops working.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Yes, he was there probably for the table read and some scenes with Domhall. But then he came back to NY. I think all the Reylos scenes will be filmed later on... Also seems JJ hasn't been on location yet, all of the filming so far have been close to Pinewood. So hopefully by October/November we will get some pics of Adam & Daisy like the ones we got when they went to Ireland for TLJ.
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 521
Likes : 2343
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nana7marie on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 9:55 am

There’re so many threads I wanna comment on but can’t now due to lack of time but let me just say this: THE HAIR’S DOING GREAT, YAAAY! Jumping
avatar
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 118
Likes : 594
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 30
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 6:41 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Wait another one from screening :
From instagram this time
Am lost for words right now but Adam wow ❤️

@AhsokaTano

This is why long haired Adam is superior. Otherwise Kylo just ends up looking like Supreme Leader Paterson, which is still great, but it's not the Byronic Space Prince aesthetic. Seems more buff too, in the chest and biceps even under that black jumper, like he's been training/working out to get to TLJ levels. He looks fab! Very Happy

@bashfulblueeyes3 For sure. He's always been a relatively busy person but this year he really seems to have ramped it up. He shot the Baumbach film, then had a cameo in the SNL skit with John Mulaney during filming of said movie, shot a Breitling ad, filmed The Torture Report, went to Cannes to premiere BlacKkKlansman and Don Quixote, Nantucket film festival over the summer, filmed The Dead Don't Die and then soon after began to shoot Episode IX, which is his 4th movie of the year. He has the AITAF event on Saturday, has another one in November, attended one earlier this year with Steven Soderbergh and is hosting SNL next week. Next year he is going to be on Broadway and will be shooting the Leos Carax musical. IX will be released and who knows what else he has on the horizon.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1335
Likes : 10697
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:26 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Wait another one from screening :
From instagram this time
Am lost for words right now but Adam wow ❤️

@AhsokaTano

This is why long haired Adam is superior. Otherwise Kylo just ends up looking like Supreme Leader Paterson, which is still great, but it's not the Byronic Space Prince aesthetic. Seems more buff too, in the chest and biceps even under that black jumper, like he's been training/working out to get to TLJ levels. He looks fab! Very Happy

@bashfulblueeyes3 For sure. He's always been a relatively busy person but this year he really seems to have ramped it up. He shot the Baumbach film, then had a cameo in the SNL skit with John Mulaney during filming of said movie, shot a Breitling ad, filmed The Torture Report, went to Cannes to premiere BlacKkKlansman and Don Quixote, Nantucket film festival over the summer, filmed The Dead Don't Die and then soon after began to shoot Episode IX, which is his 4th movie of the year. He has the AITAF event on Saturday, has another one in November, attended one earlier this year with Steven Soderbergh and is hosting SNL next week. Next year he is going to be on Broadway and will be shooting the Leos Carax musical. IX will be released and who knows what else he has on the horizon.
@Kylo Rey

I know, his schedule must be madness. Wasn't Blackkklansman still filming into this year as well? Daisy had a crazy year last year, now it's his turn. Wonder what she's been up to, since she's signed on to literally six different things including a few at Bad Robot, plus more CW reshoots, and she would probably have to do promo should Ophelia ever get released.
avatar
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1070
Likes : 4797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rey09 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:37 pm

Damn he looks gooood. Can't wait to see him on SNL!!!
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1389
Likes : 6530
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 9:21 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Wait another one from screening :
From instagram this time
Am lost for words right now but Adam wow ❤️

@AhsokaTano

This is why long haired Adam is superior. Otherwise Kylo just ends up looking like Supreme Leader Paterson, which is still great, but it's not the Byronic Space Prince aesthetic. Seems more buff too, in the chest and biceps even under that black jumper, like he's been training/working out to get to TLJ levels. He looks fab! Very Happy

@bashfulblueeyes3 For sure. He's always been a relatively busy person but this year he really seems to have ramped it up. He shot the Baumbach film, then had a cameo in the SNL skit with John Mulaney during filming of said movie, shot a Breitling ad, filmed The Torture Report, went to Cannes to premiere BlacKkKlansman and Don Quixote, Nantucket film festival over the summer, filmed The Dead Don't Die and then soon after began to shoot Episode IX, which is his 4th movie of the year. He has the AITAF event on Saturday, has another one in November, attended one earlier this year with Steven Soderbergh and is hosting SNL next week. Next year he is going to be on Broadway and will be shooting the Leos Carax musical. IX will be released and who knows what else he has on the horizon.
@Kylo Rey

I know, his schedule must be madness. Wasn't Blackkklansman still filming into this year as well? Daisy had a crazy year last year, now it's his turn. Wonder what she's been up to, since she's signed on to literally six different things including a few at Bad Robot, plus more CW reshoots, and she would probably have to do promo should Ophelia ever get released.
@californiagirl

BlacKkKlansman was actually a very quick shoot, from October to mid-November last year, I think. Just typing that all out made me feel exhausted, lol, but it's great to see Adam's career thriving. Daisy has a lot of upcoming projects too, but hers is a more wait and see mode as compared to Adam who just fires off critical hits one after another (and now commercial success outside SW with BKM). I haven't even got into how after finishing SW will free him up to do bigger projects if he want's to do so. I feel like people finally really sat up and took notice of him after TLJ, in a way they didn't with TFA (which they should have) and because he's always constantly working (in critically acclaimed stuff), it feels like he's riding that wave.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1335
Likes : 10697
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:26 pm

This is why long haired Adam is superior. Otherwise Kylo just ends up looking like Supreme Leader Paterson, which is still great, but it's not the Byronic Space Prince aesthetic. Seems more buff too, in the chest and biceps even under that black jumper, like he's been training/working out to get to TLJ levels. He looks fab!

That's why I think the majority of his scenes and all the Reylo scenes are going to be filmed later. Either October or November so Adam is training now for it. I bet he hasn't filmed with Daisy much yet, but they will be soon! bounce
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 521
Likes : 2343
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:06 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Wait another one from screening :
From instagram this time
Am lost for words right now but Adam wow ❤️

@AhsokaTano

This is why long haired Adam is superior. Otherwise Kylo just ends up looking like Supreme Leader Paterson, which is still great, but it's not the Byronic Space Prince aesthetic. Seems more buff too, in the chest and biceps even under that black jumper, like he's been training/working out to get to TLJ levels. He looks fab! Very Happy

@bashfulblueeyes3 For sure. He's always been a relatively busy person but this year he really seems to have ramped it up. He shot the Baumbach film, then had a cameo in the SNL skit with John Mulaney during filming of said movie, shot a Breitling ad, filmed The Torture Report, went to Cannes to premiere BlacKkKlansman and Don Quixote, Nantucket film festival over the summer, filmed The Dead Don't Die and then soon after began to shoot Episode IX, which is his 4th movie of the year. He has the AITAF event on Saturday, has another one in November, attended one earlier this year with Steven Soderbergh and is hosting SNL next week. Next year he is going to be on Broadway and will be shooting the Leos Carax musical. IX will be released and who knows what else he has on the horizon.
@Kylo Rey

I know, his schedule must be madness. Wasn't Blackkklansman still filming into this year as well? Daisy had a crazy year last year, now it's his turn. Wonder what she's been up to, since she's signed on to literally six different things including a few at Bad Robot, plus more CW reshoots, and she would probably have to do promo should Ophelia ever get released.
@californiagirl

BlacKkKlansman was actually a very quick shoot, from October to mid-November last year, I think. Just typing that all out made me feel exhausted, lol, but it's great to see Adam's career thriving. Daisy has a lot of upcoming projects too, but hers is a more wait and see mode as compared to Adam who just fires off critical hits one after another (and now commercial success outside SW with BKM). I haven't even got into how after finishing SW will free him up to do bigger projects if he want's to do so. I feel like people finally really sat up and took notice of him after TLJ, in a way they didn't with TFA (which they should have) and because he's always constantly working (in critically acclaimed stuff), it feels like he's riding that wave.
@Kylo Rey

Adam is in a position to do literally whatever he wants now. But he seems to prefer smaller movies, or going back to doing plays for smaller audiences. Mark could do whatever he wanted after the OT, but he didn't want to do big movies and instead did voicework and some plays and smaller movie and TV roles.

Adam seems genuinely uncomfortable with the fame and attention he gets for SW, and even press for smaller movies clearly isn't for him. Hope he handles the IX promotion train well, otherwise Daisy will be carrying most of the weight by herself. We need our Reylo couple to promote our Reylo movie!
avatar
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1070
Likes : 4797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 1:02 am

@californiagirl wrote:

Adam seems genuinely uncomfortable with the fame and attention he gets for SW, and even press for smaller movies clearly isn't for him. Hope he handles the IX promotion train well, otherwise Daisy will be carrying most of the weight by herself. We need our Reylo couple to promote our Reylo movie!
@californiagirl

I agree- although I had the impression he was much more relaxed and comfortable during TLJ promo than TFA. Maybe because he knew what to expect.
What I noticed that it also depends on the interviewer / talkshow host. If they know how to ask reasonable and intelligent questions about the movie or his role etc. he opens up and kind of likes to talk about the topic. But if they ask questions everybody knows he can't answer (spoilers for SW  Rolling Eyes ) or dig into his personal life he pulls back and blocks.

there are some awkward interviews where the "reporter" just didn't notice or care that he/she crossed a line- I wanted to force choke them...really! I mean I know it's there job to fish for answers but they should know by now Adam is not the "cheery extrovert" type.

I know I'm getting a bit OT here- but I'm baffled by the comments I read or heard lately from some fans that they think there is no material of Adam in the "Behind the scenes" material because he is always in character and never fools around or makes jokes... I personally don't think that's true. Yes, I believe he can be intense and is very focused in his roles- but I don't think he never smiles or makes jokes on set! Someone from the cast even said that he is funny and has a great sense of humor.
Maybe LF is withholding those footage of him "not being in character" because it could be damaging for the "broody emo image" Kylo still has.
I mean we had the SNL sketch but that's different imo because it was clearly a parody.
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1712
Likes : 8147
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rawpowah on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 1:14 am

He looks great. Is it the lighting, or did he get a tan?
avatar
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 871
Likes : 4416
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 8:27 am

@rawpowah wrote:He looks great. Is it the lighting, or did he get a tan?
@rawpowah

It looks like that way to me too. His cheeks are definitely looking rosy at the very least.




He doesn't usually look tan under indoors lighting, and the ladies around him still look pale. While it's been an extremely hot summer here in the U.K., the last few weeks have been back to more normal levels and it's been pretty wet and windy the last week or so. Supposedly the weather in NY hasn't been all that either. And he definitely didn't have tan when he departed for the UK near beginning of August.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1335
Likes : 10697
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rawpowah on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 11:41 am

@Kylo Rey Interesting. So he could have been filming outside.
avatar
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 871
Likes : 4416
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 11:50 am

Couldn't find the OT thread, so putting it here. Gary Kurtz, producer of ANH, ESB, American Graffiti, and Dark Crystal, has died of cancer. Sad

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/gary-kurtz-dead-dies-star-wars-1202954316/
avatar
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1070
Likes : 4797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kessel on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Couldn't find the OT thread, so putting it here. Gary Kurtz, producer of ANH, ESB, American Graffiti, and Dark Crystal, has died of cancer. Sad

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/gary-kurtz-dead-dies-star-wars-1202954316/
@californiagirl

Oh no, how sad. RIP. Sad

He was involved with some awesome movies.

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
avatar
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1880
Likes : 13276
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 3:04 pm

I try not to get too political here- but I'm so happy for this post! JJ I love you even more!

[edit]


Last edited by RKR Connection on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No politics please. Let's keep the Tweets Star Wars related)
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1712
Likes : 8147
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 4:15 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I try not to get too political here- but I'm so happy for this post! JJ I love you even more!
@Night Huntress

I am confused, what is he reffering to?
avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 185
Likes : 921
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-08
Age : 24
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 4:31 pm



Last edited by RKR Connection on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No politics please. Let's keep the Tweets Star Wars related)
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1712
Likes : 8147
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 5:21 pm

[edit]


Last edited by RKR Connection on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No politics please. Let's keep the Tweets Star Wars related)
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1335
Likes : 10697
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by kroi on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 7:54 pm

avatar
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 274
Likes : 1362
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:12 pm

Yep, RIP Gary Kutz. No idea that prior to Star Wars he'd produced Two Lane Blacktop

Did ‘Star Wars’ become a toy story? Producer Gary Kurtz looks back

“The emphasis on the toys, it’s like the cart driving the horse,” Kurtz said. “If it wasn’t for that the films would be done for their own merits. The creative team wouldn’t be looking over their shoulder all the time.”

...
“We had an outline and George changed everything in it,” Kurtz said. “Instead of bittersweet and poignant he wanted a euphoric ending with everybody happy. The original idea was that they would recover [the kidnapped] Han Solo in the early part of the story and that he would then die in the middle part of the film in a raid on an Imperial base. George then decided he didn’t want any of the principals killed. By that time there were really big toy sales and that was a reason.”

The discussed ending of the film that Kurtz favored presented the rebel forces in tatters, Leia grappling with her new duties as queen and Luke walking off alone “like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns,” as Kurtz put it. Kurtz said that ending would have been a more emotionally nuanced finale to an epic adventure than the forest celebration of the Ewoks that essentially ended the trilogy with a teddy bear luau.

He was especially disdainful of the Lucas idea of a second Death Star, which he felt would be too derivative of the 1977 film. “So we agreed that I should probably leave.”


How ‘Return Of The Jedi’ Ruined ‘Star Wars’ Forever

No more than twenty minutes into the movie the lovable rogue Han Solo (Harrison Ford) dies fighting the evil Galactic Empire, sacrificing himself for the good of the Rebellion. The shockwaves from his death ripple through the audience and a very clear warning is issued from the filmmakers: no one is safe. Co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan fought for this to be a reality. So did Ford, who had grown weary of the character. But series overlord George Lucas said no. As Harrison Ford put it in 2010: "George didn’t think there was any future in dead Han toys."



It's been interesting to track how much of the original ending Kurtz and Kasdan wanted for the OT which got overruled by Lucas ended up as the final character arcs for the ST. At least for the OT3 as Lando was also meant to die in combat against the Empire.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7890
Likes : 35855
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:03 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I try not to get too political here- but I'm so happy for this post! JJ I love you even more!

@Night Huntress

I saw too! Wasn't sure if it was welcome here or not. [edit] JJ's always been fairly supportive of women as well. I remember earlier this year when he said that people who don't like feminism could fin an enemy in SW, which may have been partly in response to that inane woman-less edit of TLJ.

[edit]
Also, thanks for the Rabble Alliance podcast rec. Tying it back to Kurtz's feelings about toys driving the film, they said on one episode that Ben surviving IX will sell way more toys. Just as living Han would sell more toys in RotJ.

Also saw another video today where someone commented that it's an interesting look back in time because the toy industry isn't what it was, so the studios can't rely on it as much. I recall reading an article about how movie tie-in toys struggled last year, and they rationally cited US movie ticket sales at their lowest point in 25 years. Also probably because Disney wasn't riding the insane merchandise highs of Frozen and TFA anymore. SW was still the top movie-toy franchise though, of course.

I'm weirdly excited to see redeemed Kylo, but sold as Ben Solo, wearing something other than black, and maybe with a lightsaber that's not evil red and unstable, since that wouldn't reflect his personality anymore. What a concept. And LF is developing the IX toys already, yes? Smile


Last edited by RKR Connection on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No politics please. Let's keep the Tweets Star Wars related.)
avatar
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1070
Likes : 4797
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by RKR Connection on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:48 pm

Hello everyone, a reminder that this thread is for Star Wars topics on social media. Please continue to keep politics outside of the forum. There is a lot of that pretty much everywhere else and we would like to keep this place Star Wars centric. If you have any questions please contact the staff. Thank you!
avatar
RKR Connection
Admin

Messages : 808
Likes : 1681
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum