Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:00 am

Oh poor Carrie, after she mercilessly roasted JJ for dressing her like a filling station attendant and Rian made sure her costumes were more appropriate to Leia, the last glimpse of her will be in that outfit.

And now with the casting list, it’s time to start a Crack Theory BINGO card. Coming soon to Reddit - Keri Russell is Mara Jade/Rey’s mum, Luke will come back to reveal to Rey that she’s his daughter, Naomi Ackie is Ashoka, JJ will bring back Snoke because he’s Darth Plagius, Finn is Lando’s son, et cetera.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:03 am

I wish they could have used Carrie's unused footage from TLJ instead where her performance (and wardrobe) was IMO was vastly superior.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:22 am

If visual effects can youthify actors and actresses, perhaps something can be done with wardrobe? lol I admit I am very naive about the capabilities, however. Also, I will not be surprised if what occurred in Rogue One, also occurs with IX (no verification of it, yet will not be surprised). It's the wait and see game. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:24 am

@snufkin wrote:Oh poor Carrie, after she mercilessly roasted JJ for dressing her like a filling station attendant and Rian made sure her costumes were more appropriate to Leia, the last glimpse of her will be in that outfit.

And now with the casting list, it’s time to start a Crack Theory BINGO card. Coming soon to Reddit - Keri Russell is Mara Jade/Rey’s mum, Luke will come back to reveal to Rey that she’s his daughter, Naomi Ackie is Ashoka, JJ will bring back Snoke because he’s Darth Plagius, Finn is Lando’s son, et cetera.
@snufkin

lol I won't lie - the Crack Theory Bingo Card mentions just caused me to throw up on my mouth a little bit. haha

Shh! Don't encourage them! Razz Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 1:12 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey Check the archives for the “Spoilers” floating around this time 2 years ago. The crack spoilers will soon be back and in greater numbers.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 1:19 am

I also wonder if there is even that much leftover or unused footage of Leia in TLJ to being with. TLJ's reshoots weren't that extensive, since the script didn't change much, and Leia was unconscious for half the film as well.

As opposed to TFA, which changed quite a bit during production and had fairly large reshoots. I remember JJ saying the movie we see is very much a patchwork of the original and reshot scenes. The desert scenes with Rey and Finn had to be completely redone, and even the interrogation scene is not the original one, correct?

I didn't know Leia had a scene with Maz. Who knows what else JJ filmed? There seem to be far more options with TFA.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 1:33 am

I just read the news cheers
What a wonderful way to wake up this morning!
Personally I was never a big fan of the recast option, so I'm happy to know that they will use some old footage. I'm hopeful that in a way or another they will be able to give Carrie/Leia (and hopefully Ben) a proper and nice ending. Nothing too artificial I hope.

I'm also curious to see what Richard E. Grant will do in the movie. He really has a FO face Lolilol

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 3:41 am

I did read an interview with JJ in which he said IX will bring the Skywalker saga to a close, but of course that isn't necessarily 'bad news' for Kylo as he's also a Solo!Smile
Regarding the 'lone Kylo' theory I doubt they'll go that way....in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they had Rey and Kylo go off together more than Kylo on his own. People obsessed with the 'friendship trio' have forgotten that Rey has just met Poe - and also that little scene on the Falcon where she watches Finn caring for Rose. If there is going to be a 'friendship trio' it's more likely to be Finn, Rose and Poe. Because what happens when the Resistance discovers Rey had an alliance, albeit temporary, with Kylo on the Supremacy? Rey has thrown her lot in with these people but she hardly knows most of them - what if they disappoint her like Luke did?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 4:02 am

I'm super happy with all the news!  Very Happy

I completely agree with JJ on Leia: they were never going to recast or use a CGI character. I was strongly against either. Carry is inextricably linked to Leia in people's minds, she is Leia and this association should remain intact. Unless, of course, they decide to do a teen Leia movie, which could be interesting. Incorporating unused footage into the last instalment is the best option I can think of, it's fortunate they have it and can actually use it in a meanigful way. My personal wish is that we get a mother/son reconciliation or Leia forgiving/showing her love for Ben at the end in some form through clever editing. E.g. they could use the scene with Maz where Leia is holding the saber and play with it so it refers to Ben/have him feature in the scene by combining pieces of dialogue, etc. Editing can sometimes do miracles. Leia obviously won't have a huge role to play, maybe she'll only appear for a few minutes, but if it's a key scene that carries emotional weight, I believe it will feel satisfying.

It was also good they clarified it was indeed the conclusion of the saga (for the time being), not that I ever thought it would be split into two parts. Can't wait that long, just let Ben redeem himself and get them together already! xD I do think it's likely they'll revisit Rey and Ben's stories because they've become iconic in their own right, but I'm also interested in what new stories they offer with Rian's films, etc.

I see how everyone is so happy Kelly is back and I'm like "yeah, of course, we already knew that". She is one of the primary characters we follow now and IX will give us the conclusion of her relationship with Finn (they'll get together obviously) and her evolving into a war hero. I hope she gets good material to work with because she is really talented. Always exciting to see new cast members, I'm not too familiar with them, but I hope they do sth. interesting.

And I'm so happy uncle Lando is back (one of the new female cast members could potentially be related to him in some way, who knows), I reckon he won't die (hopefully), and it would be awesome to get a moment between him and Ben. Then there is obviously Force Ghost Luke (he could also feature in a flashback if they decide to revisit Ben's backstory), this just begs for an uncle/nephew talk. They have some unfinished business. I can already imagine Forge Ghosts Luke and Leia watching over Rey and Ben at the end. Smile

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 7:08 am

@Saracene wrote:I'm glad to hear there won't be recasting or *shudder* CGI for Leia, both options would feel wrong to me.

Fingers crossed Richard E Grant is playing a FO baddie who conspires with Hux to overthrow Kylo. He'd be marvellous in a sneering villain role.
@Saracene

Agreed, I was really against CGI or recast for her. I'm glad they are going this way. Makes it all the more poignant. Feeling positive they will use the footage in a very emotional way, maybe Ben sees a vision of his mother?
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 9:12 am

@snufkin wrote:And now with the casting list, it’s time to start a Crack Theory BINGO card. Coming soon to Reddit - Keri Russell is Mara Jade/Rey’s mum, Luke will come back to reveal to Rey that she’s his daughter, Naomi Ackie is Ashoka, JJ will bring back Snoke because he’s Darth Plagius, Finn is Lando’s son, et cetera.
My more reasonable Bingo guesses; Keri is playing second-in-command (and former leader) of the Knights of Ren who sides with Hux against Kylo (and gets into a lightsaber duel with Rey). Luke shows up to metaphorically smack Kylo upside the head about his feelings for Rey when Kylo is ready to give up (Kylo will also be dual protagonist of the story alongside Rey with Hux and his conspirators as the antagonists), Naomi will be playing Lando’s daughter (and heir to the family business) and Snoke will only appear as a picture on Hux’s desk with little hearts, Xs and Os around it in a blink and you’ll miss it Easter egg.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 10:58 am

@snufkin wrote:

@snufkin

OMG, yes!! Doing the Bingo cards last year was honestly one of my favorite fandom things I've ever done. I've also seen the "Naomi Ackie is Lando's daughter"
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Jul 2018, 11:00 am

@Chris24601 Now I want that picture of Snoke on Hux’s desk with a cheap frame, that would be the best throwaway gag ever. At least somebody somewhere actually misses him other than the fanboy theorists (has Mike Zeroh weighed in yet on the casting). Yes to Rey and Keri having a light saber battle. Supposedly the other new pet theory is that Richard E Grant is Thrawn. Never mind that the TLJ’s noverlization put it into writing that the First Order is like an Agatha Christie novel where the main players keep killing each other. Last two pieces on the chess board are Hux and Kylo

@SheLitAFire If you want a good laugh read the archived thread about the supposed insider (code name around here was Helmet Faker) especially because his spoilers sounded like an Eli Roth movie.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 9:55 am

Hey everyone, so i got permission from the mods to post this.

I can't say much but I've been told some small spoilers for Ep9. These really aren't groundbreaking leaks, in fact they don't interest me at all (starships, droids etc) and have nothing to do with Reylo - but if you'd like to know them PM me Smile!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 10:26 am

@Riri wrote:Hey everyone, so i got permission from the mods to post this.

I can't say much but I've been told some small spoilers for Ep9. These really aren't groundbreaking leaks, in fact they don't interest me at all (starships, droids etc) and have nothing to do with Reylo - but if you'd like to know them PM me Smile!
@Riri

Meee, meee!! I pm'd Smile
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:34 am

@Riri

I PM'd too! Even the smallest spoiler is a welcome one. Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:36 am

@Riri

I sent you a message as well! Thank you!
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:41 am

@Riri
Thanks for pm-ing with your message . Really appreciate it Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 12:09 pm

Is there a time jump?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 12:12 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:Is there a time jump?

@Birdwoman The spoilers are going to be discussed by PM only. Thanks!

Also from what I heard it's not that kind of spoilers. ~_^

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 5:59 pm

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 6:47 pm

@Moonlight13

I think I've read some Reylo metas which speculated a return to Jakku for Rey to come to terms with her abandonment (maybe we'll even see her parents' graves so haters can shut up about Kylo lying). Some Reylos were also discussing the possibility of Kylo visiting Rey's homestead, and I've seen this scenario beautifully explored in fanfics.

I'm intrigued about the flashback rumor too. If true, that's one good way to use footage of Leia.

Could Rey go back to Jakku to start her order where The Church of the Force once stood?

No, thank you. What's the obsession with her starting a Jedi order before IX?
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 6:50 pm

I don't know. I thought they made it kind of clear that they were moving away from the jedi academy stuff in TLJ.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 8:30 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:I don't know. I thought they made it kind of clear that they were moving away from the jedi academy stuff in TLJ.
@Birdwoman

Same. I read Luke's arc, including his recap of the PT for Rey in the First Jedi Temple, as being that exact point. Obi-Wan is the John the Baptist of Star Wars and Luke is (despite his name referring to the Gospel of Luke) its Martin Luther. He admits that his failure was attempting via Ben to recapture the Golden Era of the Jedi instead of recognizing the hubris which caused it as an organized (and elite) group to fail. Rey has the books and like him or not, the detail with Broom Boi is about how it's open to anybody who's called to it. The role of the Force and the Jedi in the film is both a parable about  for Christianity (the Jedi were the Holy Roman Empire before falling into a church which then split into Catholicism and Protestantism) and about fandom. There won't be any central elite Jedi Academy because that's the exact reason why it fails. Rey is the next wave of nobodies, whose access to the Force is more democratic and decentralized. That's the whole point of Luke telling her that it's hubris to think that if the Jedi end, the Light disappears. And even what he tells Ben at the end, there will still be Force users no matter what. Just that they will be a different type of Force users than the elite tradition which identified their patriarch and changed the course of the family's trajectory.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 12:22 am

QUOTE:Flashbacks
We also had reason to believe that during the production of The Force Awakens, there was going to be a shot of Leia and Han dropping young Ben Solo off at Luke’s academy and saying goodbye to Ben Solo for the last time. We don’t know if this moment was filmed in the end as the story was shifted around when Harrison Ford was injured and the flashback sequence was changed a lot. But it seemed like most of those moments where filmed using Jakku sets pieces and dirt. For a while we thought the moment where Luke put his robotic hand on Artoo’s head was Jakku for this reason.

The dropping of young Ben Solo at Luke's is what intrigues me the most... I personally think we still don't know the full story of what happened exactly with Ben and it was planned from the start that we get more and more revealed in every episode of the Saga movies- so that hopefully in IX we can fully understand the how und why.

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum