Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:23 pm

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX CAST ANNOUNCED !!!!!!!!!!!!

RETURNING AND NEW CAST MEMBERS WILL JOIN TOGETHER FOR THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Last edited by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:26 pm

Mark confirmed, Leia old footage! Who could Naomi be playing??

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:30 pm

I'm so glad they have some footage of Leia they can use it would have been sad not to see her at all.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:31 pm

Woohoo!!!! It’s beginning!!! Am glad they’ve confirmed all the cast . Wow using existing Carrie footage - interesting. Also knew mark would be back and nice it’s official about billy dee Williams . Wonder who
Richard E Grant will be playing ? Am so hyped and excited now . It’s happening! Smile❤️
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:34 pm

I’m on the road right now, but I am soooo happy to see that KMT/Rose is returning!
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:35 pm

So the reports about Kerry Russel have been wrong?
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:35 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Woohoo!!!! It’s beginning!!! Am glad they’ve confirmed all the cast . Wow using existing Carrie footage - interesting. Also knew mark would be back and nice it’s official about billy dee Williams . Wonder who
Richard E Grant will be playing ? Am so hyped and excited now . It’s happening! Smile❤️
@AhsokaTano

Exciting times! Everything sounds great! I love that they mentioned Daisy and Adam first.. Wink

I guess Kerri Russel won't be appearing after all right? scratch
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:38 pm

finally we're getting an official announcement. cheers cheers cheers

Now that they using old footage from TFA form Carrie Fisher- Do you think they will still recast Leia (I mean the Leia from the ST timeline not a younger version for flashbacks) I seriously doubt it. Confus

And I'm so happy KMT will be in IX too- I assumed it, but wasn't 100% sure. Claps

Last edited by Night Huntress on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:39 pm

Keri Russell may be announced later. I remember that Lupita was announced in the second wave of announcements, she wasn't with the cast on the TFA table read picture.

Naomi Ackie:

Richard E Grant

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:44 pm

Even if Kerri is announced later on, I am assuming that her role will probably be small just like Lupita's.
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:45 pm

@tukicarreno
Have noticed the announcement says cast members include ... which suggests there are cast members they haven’t told us about So maybe Keri is still in episode 9
@Cowgirlsamurai
Thank you for sharing this announcement with us all Smile
@ISeeAnIsland
Am so happy Rose is returning too
@Riri
Maybe Naomi is playing lando’s daughter or /and the leadership role that they were casting for ?
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:47 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Woohoo!!!! It’s beginning!!! Am glad they’ve confirmed all the cast . Wow using existing Carrie footage - interesting. Also knew mark would be back and nice it’s official about billy dee Williams . Wonder who
@AhsokaTano

Curious if Richard E Grant will be a grysk.

All of this is exciting! And curious how the old footage will be used, yet if anyone can find a way - it is Lucasfilm. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

Richard E Grant looks like a First Order officer! He totally has the look for it!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

YAY!!!!! It is happening and now we officially have a start date for filming. Glad to see Mark back and that they ahve found a way to keep Leia in the film.
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 3:54 pm

I am curious if Leia's appearance will also include what was done in Rogue One, and if so, I will not be surprised if Billie is the stand-in for her mother during those scenes.

In addition, I guess August 1st is the end of July. Razz Very Happy lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:00 pm

So no Meryl for the role of Leia Laughing Laughing

I'm really happy with this development. I'm curious to see what footage they'll use and in what context.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:04 pm

Mark is back!
KMT is back!
They use Carrie's unseen footage from TFA - good, but I would prefer recasting.
Richard E. Grant - I'am thrilled!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:15 pm

@Riri @SW_Heroine_Journey
I could totally see Richard E Grant playing either first order officer or a grysk or even Thrawn himself ( he’d make an amazing Thrawn ). Having said that I don’t know how long the chiss live so it would probably be unrealistic .
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:18 pm

Keri is in:

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1022952382160953349

For those of you wondering, sources say Keri Russell's deal just closed. She will also be in the movie
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:24 pm

Slightly surprised they revealed Mark, even if most of us were expecting him as an FG. My worry is that people will interpret that as retconning TLJ. No Gwendoline Christie or Andy Serkis. Though if they use him for some kind of flashback, I wouldn't reveal that now either.

I know Carrie's kids had given permission to use archival footage, and they very much wanted her in the film. And so did I. Was never a fan of recasting or CGI, it would have been far too distracting and taken over the conversation. But cutting her out kind of destroys a major part of the story and the characters' arc. I don't think Carrie would want Leia to just die before the movie even starts and just get tossed off to the side like she isn't important to the film, when she completely is, like JJ says. Extra footage always seemed like the most reasonable option.

And the fact they mention Billie in the same lineup of returning cast members makes me think she will get a bigger role.

Also note they claim it's the FINAL installment of the Skywalker saga.

Really everything I want is happening. Jumping
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:29 pm

I was coming out of the doctor's office when I saw the news on my phone and I had to stop myself from fangirling in public. ROFL ROFL ROFL
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:37 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE all this news. I was pretty confident Mark would return as a FG, even if it's a small role, ala Ben Kenobi in RotJ. I'm also glad KMT is back - I hope she gives the haters a run for their money.

The only thing I'm pretty saddened about is no Leia recast. As time went on and that was not debunked, my hopes got higher and higher. Still, I understand not everyone in the GA would accept that, and I get why they made that decision. So given that, while it'll be awesome to see Carrie one last time, I'm not expecting anything really impactful from her arc. Sad

Still, good stuff all the way around.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:38 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Slightly surprised they revealed Mark, even if most of us were expecting him as an FG. My worry is that people will interpret that as retconning TLJ. No Gwendoline Christie or Andy Serkis. Though if they use him for some kind of flashback, I wouldn't reveal that now either.

I know Carrie's kids had given permission to use archival footage, and they very much wanted her in the film. And so did I. Was never a fan of recasting or CGI, it would have been far too distracting and taken over the conversation. But cutting her out kind of destroys a major part of the story and the characters' arc. I don't think Carrie would want Leia to just die before the movie even starts and just get tossed off to the side like she isn't important to the film, when she completely is, like JJ says. Extra footage always seemed like the most reasonable option.

And the fact they mention Billie in the same lineup of returning cast members makes me think she will get a bigger role.

Also note they claim it's the FINAL installment of the Skywalker saga.

Really everything I want is happening. Jumping
@californiagirl

Don't have any worries!  If it heats up, I am certain Mark will tweet something.  In addition, John Campea just had a special live youtube about this, where he accepts superchats - viewing them as a sample, none of them mentioned that - it was all about Force Ghost Luke, and it was based on the "See you around, kid" in TLJ.  

I focused on the mention of "conclusion to the Skywalker saga" - I will not be surprised if, during the teaser and trailer(s), it is verbally said by the trailer announcer voice, or in writing, or both.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:40 pm

They forget to mention Adam here LOL

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:43 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey Yes, Luke (and Mark) very heavily implied he was coming back. I do wonder if announcing this was just to hush people up, so they wouldn't have to relive the leadup to TLJ, where Luke dominated the conversation. Better to take away the mystery now. Same for Leia, now people can rest easy.

But the real unanswered casting question is.... will there be porgs?????
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum