Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 11:34 am

I don't get the fear over the mask. Like was said in this thread, it seems like the point of this design choice, if it's true, is that you can't miss the fact that there are literal cracks in the armor he's trying to don. I mean, apparently they glow to make it as in-your-face as possible. That symbolism is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. And even if he wears it, it's not going to stay.  A regression at this stage in the game after how TLJ was left off would make perfect sense. That just means the narrative is going to be turning it around. They're not going to hide away Adam's face for long; we know how much they lean on him as a super talented actor and particularly how he face acts for this character.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 11:41 am

Also, MSW confirming this leak isn't the same as their past speculation. They heard from their sources the same thing this guy later posted on Reddit. It's legit.
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 11:44 am

Uh yeah the dudes who got trolled in retaliation for dropping the script for the first movie and who’re now doing unpaid marketing promos for their TV series and totes legit. It has nothing to do with getting perks like early access to content or invites to premieres or theme park openings. Can’t wait for this crack team of sharp thinkers and their Reddit think tank to start dropping the truth about the 2020 presidential campaign season
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 4:19 pm

@kroi
'Kintsugi', that was also what I thought about this rumour, even though I always forget the exact term.

At first, I was against the mask (because I want to see Adam's micro-expressions), but now knowing it could have red material fixing it, I'm warmer to it.
Also, if it's true, I can see the merchandising with normal Masked Kylo figurine and special Masked Kylo figurine with the red parts glowing.
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 7:23 pm

greyjedireylo on her tumblr made a good point in her tags (snufkin mentioned this, as well) -

http://greyjedireylo.tumblr.com/post/180737948828/im-having-some-highkey-angst-over-not-getting-to

#also fyi there's been some very suspicious stuff with jason ward lately #where he's gotten SUSPICIOUSLY CLOSE to the mandalorian filming for a long period of time #to the point where i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible without lucasfilm's awareness #what i'm saying is i don't think he'd be above bribery or spreading fake info
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 7:50 pm

@special_cases wrote:I kind of excited to see Kylo in broken mask. He cau use a mask anytime he isn't with Rey or Leia. I think it can go like this: as Supreme Leader he is always with hidden face but in more private moments he doesn't put it on. When FO falls and Kylo is Ben then almost nobody in the Galaxy will know who he is.

I kind of enjoy how Driver plays Kylo just with his body and voice. He is brilliant.
@special_cases

Ha, this is exactly what I said! If the galaxy knows that Ben Solo = Kylo Ren, it will be harder for him to leave his FO days behind him when he turns to the light. If he wears the mask as Renperor he will get more of a clean slate as Ben Solo. And I think from a storytelling standpoint it's a great step towards redemption for Ben to want to wear the mask as Renperor. The whole point of the mask is that he's a poser; he needs it to make himself more scary and more intimidating than he really is. If Ben were comfortable doing dark side things in public with his own face then I'd worry more about Bendemption being in jeopardy. On the other hand, we want to see AD's face so here's hoping they don't overdo it with the masked scenes.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 8:25 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:A source reported Kylo is seen in a mask again. This doesn’t tell us much- could be maybe:
A flashback scene,
A force vision scene,
A dream,
Someone impersonating Kylo (lol)
A Kylo decoy (call back to granny Padmé!)
-any other ideas?

I don’t see the mask as featuring heavily, but it makes sense it will be seen in some way.. it is iconic now.
I’m going with the flow- IX is gonna be great!
@DeeBee
I think one of us has already theorized about it Shocked , but I can't remember who Embarassed . I think it could be interesting and if it's true, they will certainly use it for misdirection Laughing .
@Moonlight13

I was one of the people who theorized about the impersonator and I'm pretty darn certain about it.

But I also am fully onboard with there being a decoy Kylo for his own protection as well. I kind of expect that as an homage to Padme at the beginning of the film, with the nefarious Kylo impersonator stepping in during Act II.

This "spoiler" could literally mean a bunch of different things and essentially amounts to nothing except misdirection (IMO), which is why it was dropped so easily. I predicted mask-based misdirection in IX literally the week after I saw TLJ (last January).

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:36 am

To anyone fearing Kylo will go full dark in IX, I doubt it very much. I'm pretty sure JJ isn't going to reverse all Rian's good work to satisfy a few toxic fanboys. I do however, expect him to be in a dark place at the beginning. Rey's rejection, specifically the manner of it, hurt him deeply and this boy deals with his pain by converting it to anger.

One thing...whenever they mention a 'cracked' mask I keep thinking of the Phantom of the Opera! Smile
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 2:30 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@special_cases wrote:I kind of excited to see Kylo in broken mask. He cau use a mask anytime he isn't with Rey or Leia. I think it can go like this: as Supreme Leader he is always with hidden face but in more private moments he doesn't put it on. When FO falls and Kylo is Ben then almost nobody in the Galaxy will know who he is.

I kind of enjoy how Driver plays Kylo just with his body and voice. He is brilliant.
@special_cases

Ha, this is exactly what I said! If the galaxy knows that Ben Solo = Kylo Ren, it will be harder for him to leave his FO days behind him when he turns to the light. If he wears the mask as Renperor he will get more of a clean slate as Ben Solo. And I think from a storytelling standpoint it's a great step towards redemption for Ben to want to wear the mask as Renperor. The whole point of the mask is that he's a poser; he needs it to make himself more scary and more intimidating than he really is. If Ben were comfortable doing dark side things in public with his own face then I'd worry more about Bendemption being in jeopardy. On the other hand, we want to see AD's face so here's hoping they don't overdo it with the masked scenes.
@Darth Rowan

But he was already on Crait with no mask?
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 3:08 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:A source reported Kylo is seen in a mask again. This doesn’t tell us much- could be maybe:
A flashback scene,
A force vision scene,
A dream,
Someone impersonating Kylo (lol)
A Kylo decoy (call back to granny Padmé!)
-any other ideas?

I don’t see the mask as featuring heavily, but it makes sense it will be seen in some way.. it is iconic now.
I’m going with the flow- IX is gonna be great!
@DeeBee
I think one of us has already theorized about it Shocked , but I can't remember who Embarassed . I think it could be interesting and if it's true, they will certainly use it for misdirection Laughing .
@Moonlight13

I was one of the people who theorized about the impersonator and I'm pretty darn certain about it.

But I also am fully onboard with there being a decoy Kylo for his own protection as well. I kind of expect that as an homage to Padme at the beginning of the film, with the nefarious Kylo impersonator stepping in during Act II.

This "spoiler" could literally mean a bunch of different things and essentially amounts to nothing except misdirection (IMO), which is why it was dropped so easily. I predicted mask-based misdirection in IX literally the week after I saw TLJ (last January).
@nickandnora

hiya! Yeah you are the first person I read sharing the impersonator idea nickandnora!
I like the idea of Kylo/Ben losing control of the identity at some point (this happened in the DJ comic- he created a fake persona and he lost control of it lol).
But yeah I also love the idea of decoy Kylo and it's call back to Padme.
I agree with you 100%.  Lots of misdirection. Let the games begin!

I'm not telling anyone what to think or how to feel.. each to their own.. For me though - I'm prepared for a year ahead full of leaks, unsettling snippets and misdirects that on the surface don't bode well for Bendemption and Reylo. Honestly, the only thing that will make me fall off my chair is a confirmation of Reylo and Bendemption.

Through this leak re the mask I've realized that I have handed over to Lucas film all my fears about IX. I'm open to the story they are wanting to tell and I'm gonna go with it. Whatever these guys give us in IX I will love it, because they've given us TFA and TLJ and I've loved it.. and because to me reylo and bendemption are end game planned from the start and I don't see anything changing that for me short of the release of IX turning everything on it's head. I'm not going to spend a year in agony worrying about it. I want to enjoy the wait. Case in point - if by chance we do get Kylo and his mended mask in IX, a number of clever comments here have demonstrated beautifully that it can be done well if it is what is going to happen..
Hang in there all!!! sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 04 Dec 2018, 7:53 am

Remember when Rian said there was no romance?
And then....Handgate!Smile
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:32 am

Here's another article from MSW:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-star-wars-episode-ix-report-lots-of-tiny-tidbits/

I like what she writes about Kylo's new helmet and current state of mind,  but it worries me that she thinks it means Ben Solo's further descent into evil.  
Sigh.. I don't know what to think guys, but sadly my Reylo expectations have reduced significantly now.... Neutral Triste
Other than that is is a great article with great piece of  tidbits and info.
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:38 am

@tukicarreno wrote:Here's another article from MSW:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-star-wars-episode-ix-report-lots-of-tiny-tidbits/

I like what she writes about Kylo's new helmet and current state of mind,  but it worries me that she thinks it means Ben Solo's further descent into evil.  
Sigh.. I don't know what to think guys, but sadly my Reylo expectations have reduced significantly now.... Neutral Triste
@tukicarreno
Don't worry, don't take it as a fact, I'm pretty sure that's her personal opinion. Smile
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 10:28 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:

@tukicarreno
Don't worry, don't take it as a fact, I'm pretty sure that's her personal opinion. Smile
@Moonlight13

Hope you are right!

Last edited by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by roguepixie on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 10:28 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:

Sigh.. I don't know what to think guys, but sadly my Reylo expectations have reduced significantly now.... [smiley]https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_neutral.gif[/smiley] [smiley]https://imgfast.net/users/3612/20/74/52/smiles/2531331713.gif[/smiley]
tukicarreno
Don't worry, don't take it as a fact, I'm pretty sure that's her personal opinion. [smiley]https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/smiley]

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about her opinion too much. The writer is a known anti-kylo/Adam driver & anti redemption in general.

Also MSW's speculations are quite terrible & have been very wrong in the past even if their info was good.

Just take the info and discard the opinions.

roguepixie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 10:41 am

I've been following spoilers here before joining, and honestly, if he does super red glue his helmet together again, I really don't see it as an issue. If anything, the fractured appearance of the helmet to me would be a good representation of his inner turmoil and fractured self.
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 10:44 am

@tukicarreno

Agreed with all the above posters; Amanda straight up tweeted that she hopes the mask means no redemption for Kylo before the article was posted. She has no scoops behind that it's just her POV. Also; there's also a bit about does Kylo love Rey? and it seems to also downplay the importance of the mask, so I wonder if it was written by Amanda AND Jason? Either way it shouldn't affect any IX or Reylo expectations.

@justyou wrote:I've been following spoilers here before joining, and honestly, if he does super red glue his helmet together again, I really don't see it as an issue. If anything, the fractured appearance of the helmet to me would be a good representation of his inner turmoil and fractured self.
@justyou

This exactly!!!
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 11:53 am

I read that article last night and wasn't super impressed with it. It seemed full of opinions and they misquoted what Rose said on Crait to Fin. It seemed like either Jason or Amanda's opinion instead of true spoilers.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:01 pm

They are not big fans of Reylo. Amanda is especially is not a fan or Reylo or Kylo Ren. So I would take the personal views with a grain of salt.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:38 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:They are not big fans of Reylo. Amanda is especially is not a fan or Reylo or Kylo Ren. So I would take the personal views with a grain of salt.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Got it. That's gives me some hope then...Thanks!
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:43 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:I read that article last night and wasn't super impressed with it. It seemed full of opinions and they misquoted what Rose said on Crait to Fin. It seemed like either Jason or Amanda's opinion instead of true spoilers.
@Birdwoman

It's disappointing how after the mended"Kylo Mask" news broke, most of you tubers and SW bloggers predict an evil path for Kylo with no return. It's frustrating to say the least. Neutral
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 12:58 pm

@justyou wrote:I've been following spoilers here before joining, and honestly, if he does super red glue his helmet together again, I really don't see it as an issue.  If anything, the fractured appearance of the helmet to me would be a good representation of his inner turmoil and fractured self.
@justyou

Exactly (and welcome!)

Honestly, just think about it for a second. What at all is narratively satisfying about Kylo just doubling down on the dark in IX and that being that for his character development for this trilogy? Like, what would have been the point of EVERYTHING that came before it? What would have been the point of building a bond between he and Rey that only just began to stand on shaky legs in TLJ? There's no tragedy in that bond being broken yet because it wasn't developed enough, so that's not a plot point IX can revolve around. That means the tentative bond they formed, and seem to have buried (but we know they didn't), has to amount to something else. And the only satisfying, exciting way it can go is closer and stronger.

As was said, Amanda is known for disliking Reylo. All of her analysis has been wrong so far, it seems, so I wouldn't worry about it now. She's very biased on that aspect of things.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:13 pm

I don’t know them well enough but I was under the impression that he was pro / neutral to reylo and she is completely against. Leaks analysis are just speculation and depends on who is speculating of course, the important is just the information. I personally am expecting for evil kylo marketing (with the Asian marketing being a little more truthful) so we can be surprised as an audience. I would be more nervous if they teased the redemption too much because that would Probably mean they would subvert our expectations (kind of like they joked with Rey skywallker a lot).

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:31 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:I read that article last night and wasn't super impressed with it. It seemed full of opinions and they misquoted what Rose said on Crait to Fin. It seemed like either Jason or Amanda's opinion instead of true spoilers.
@Birdwoman

It's disappointing how after the mended"Kylo Mask" news broke, most of you tubers and SW bloggers predict an evil path for Kylo with no return. It's frustrating to say the least. Neutral
@tukicarreno

I think I would be more concerned if Kylo had went and gotten himself a fancy new mask. To me this feels very much like Kylo/Ben still trying to hold the pieces of his unraveling life together with some red space glue.

An aside, does anyone else find it funny that Kylo spends an awful lot of time telling Rey to let go of the past, let it go, kill it if you have to, when he's 100% haunted by his? I mean, dude has his grandfather's helmet and sits around talking to him. He's haunted by his grandfather, his parents, his uncle...
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 2:16 pm

This is all so super sweet and so happy they got nom’d but my SW a** zoomed in on “Adam Driver “ “4am” and “work mode” which makes me think he’s in the UK filming SW!

There was that rumour about swordfighters filming this week too..

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum