Discussion: Disney/LF Marketing Strategies for Episode IX

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 1:18 pm

ETA: New thread.
Disney/LF's Marketing Strategies for Episode IX World Domination.

Click to see more:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/28/the-big-news-about-star-wars-ix-isnt-the-return-of-luke-and-leia/#460e69cc316d

I didn't include the entire article, you can find that with the link above. The gist is that Disney is smart to market this as "the final installment of the Skywalker saga" (regardless of whether they are planning a Reylo baby trilogy), because it ups the ante in terms of the stakes - and also ensures a massive audience attendance so they can go KA-CHING! and fill up their Mouse House coffers with gold, moolah, shiny gems, Spanish Dubloons, etc. Makes perfect sense, so hopefully people won't start to freak out when they really push this angle in the marketing.

A note on this contributor, I usually follow him at Forbes because a lot of his articles are SW related, and when it comes to franchise economics he is super sharp and usually spot on. But holy s***  does his story analysis leave a lot to be desired. I read an article of his the other day where he claimed that the narrative of The Last Jedi was so complete that it would be the perfect ending to the saga, and episode IX isn't even needed at this point, just like Batman's Dark Knight made Dark Knight Rises redundant. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is evil and going to evil,  Rey is good and going to lead the Resistance: THE END!

Seriously? I about fell out of my chair reading that, because it reveals such a profound lack of understanding of the story being told in the ST and of Star Wars in general. I seriously feel dumber for having read that. Not to be mean (too late? XD) but maybe he should stick to writing about the finances of Star Wars and call it a day. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Disney/LF Marketing Strategies for Episode IX

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 2:07 pm

@Darth Rowan

I ‘started’ reading that while I was out eating coffee and donuts and almost choked. I re-read that part about XIII several time as I thought I’d jumbled the words in my head, but no I just didn’t understand the angle he was coming from. Maybe because I hang out here and we know the endgame, so it’ll be interesting to see how they could deal with this in the marketing side of things
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 2:21 pm

I think we're getting more of similar articles in the nearest future.

No need to worry about them. Like at all.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 3:20 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:A note on this contributor, I usually follow him at Forbes because a lot of his articles are SW related, and when it comes to franchise economics he is super sharp and usually spot on. But holy s***  does his story analysis leave a lot to be desired. I read an article of his the other day where he claimed that the narrative of The Last Jedi was so complete that it would be the perfect ending to the saga, and episode IX isn't even needed at this point, just like Batman's Dark Knight made Dark Knight Rises redundant. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is evil and going to evil,  Rey is good and going to lead the Resistance: THE END!

Seriously? I about fell out of my chair reading that, because it reveals such a profound lack of understanding of the story being told in the ST and of Star Wars in general. I seriously feel dumber for having read that. Not to be mean (too late? XD) but maybe he should stick to writing about the finances of Star Wars and call it a day. Rolling Eyes
@Darth Rowan

That's a pretty common belief, unfortunately. Ir's not just the Collider and angry fanboy types. It's the reason why even some people who loved TLJ aren't eager for IX, because there appears to be nothing left except a bland Rebels v. Empire rehash, or that it will be some disconnected standalone featuring these characters, without a clear sense of continuity. Kylo becoming SL, going berserk, and yelling he'll destroy everything probably didn't help matters. Or worse, the whole Plotgate phenomenon that keeps on giving, since no one official has bothered to shoot that down since around TLJ's release (or indeed, not denying quotes from a certain someone who claimed otherwise), and by extension the possibility that IX could retcon or generally ignore TLJ as a whole.

Even most the highly thoughtful and intelligent people I like to watch follow the film industry believe these things (not specifically the guy above, but in that same vein). I swear it's only SW that makes generally smart movie pundits lose all reason and sanity. Makes me a bit disillusioned when it comes time to inevitably convince people that the ST had an endgame and TLJ wasn't a tragic accident that ruined all continuity and JJ's wishes. I'd have gone nuts already if I were Rian or JJ.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:01 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:Putting this article here because it's based off a JJ quote from the recent press release:

Click to see more:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/28/the-big-news-about-star-wars-ix-isnt-the-return-of-luke-and-leia/#460e69cc316d

I didn't include the entire article, you can find that with the link above. The gist is that Disney is smart to market this as "the final installment of the Skywalker saga" (regardless of whether they are planning a Reylo baby trilogy), because it ups the ante in terms of the stakes - and also ensures a massive audience attendance so they can go KA-CHING! and fill up their Mouse House coffers with gold, moolah, shiny gems, Spanish Dubloons, etc. Makes perfect sense, so hopefully people won't start to freak out when they really push this angle in the marketing.

A note on this contributor, I usually follow him at Forbes because a lot of his articles are SW related, and when it comes to franchise economics he is super sharp and usually spot on. But holy s***  does his story analysis leave a lot to be desired. I read an article of his the other day where he claimed that the narrative of The Last Jedi was so complete that it would be the perfect ending to the saga, and episode IX isn't even needed at this point, just like Batman's Dark Knight made Dark Knight Rises redundant. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is evil and going to evil,  Rey is good and going to lead the Resistance: THE END!

@Darth Rowan

I posted that one in the balance thread (seemed to be the best one), yet it got lost or forgotten - but I did! Very Happy I still see it as the last comment on that thread.

Indeed...we think Reylo and Bendemption can be seen from miles away. It is amazing how many do not - including those that like/love TLJ. They feel confused about the need for IX...i.e. what's left to do? Which if anything, reinforces my love for the ST because it indicates it's that unique...and bold.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:04 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
@Darth Rowan wrote:A note on this contributor, I usually follow him at Forbes because a lot of his articles are SW related, and when it comes to franchise economics he is super sharp and usually spot on. But holy s***  does his story analysis leave a lot to be desired. I read an article of his the other day where he claimed that the narrative of The Last Jedi was so complete that it would be the perfect ending to the saga, and episode IX isn't even needed at this point, just like Batman's Dark Knight made Dark Knight Rises redundant. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is evil and going to evil,  Rey is good and going to lead the Resistance: THE END!

@Darth Rowan

That's a pretty common belief, unfortunately. Ir's not just the Collider and angry fanboy types. It's the reason why even some people who loved TLJ aren't eager for IX, because there appears to be nothing left except a bland Rebels v. Empire rehash, or that it will be some disconnected standalone featuring these characters, without a clear sense of continuity. Kylo becoming SL, going berserk, and yelling he'll destroy everything probably didn't help matters. Or worse, the whole Plotgate phenomenon that keeps on giving, since no one official has bothered to shoot that down since around TLJ's release (or indeed, not denying quotes from a certain someone who claimed otherwise), and by extension the possibility that IX could retcon or generally ignore TLJ as a whole.

Even most the highly thoughtful and intelligent people I like to watch follow the film industry believe these things (not specifically the guy above, but in that same vein). I swear it's only SW that makes generally smart movie pundits lose all reason and sanity. Makes me a bit disillusioned when it comes time to inevitably convince people that the ST had an endgame and TLJ wasn't a tragic accident that ruined all continuity and JJ's wishes. I'd have gone nuts already if I were Rian or JJ.
@californiagirl

It all goes back to what Adam said on one of the early interviews. "Rian trusts that his audience can handle ambiguity and nuance." No, it cannot. One of my close friends recently told me that TLJ has plot holes and the reason for them is that nuance and ambiguity are bad. If writer/director utilizes them, he is doing it wrong, as things should be immediately clear for the viewer. If they are not, you are doing a bad job.
And as I was listening to him I was like....okay, no point in this discussion Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:08 pm

I reluctantly agree with Scott about the marketing for IX. Maybe the teaser, or the final trailer will show clips from IX, but I am now wondering, especially if the focus will be for most of the trailers - this is the conclusion of IX parts...if they will show footage from Episodes I -> VIII, and the announcer voice and/or type will emphasize 'the conclusion to the Skywalker saga"....
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

The advantage of being old is remembering that the 3rd film of the previous two trilogies were also marketed as The End. And being old enough to remember that the GA really didn’t care about the EU or tabletop/video games that came after RotJ, so if Disney’s plan is the same business model, they got screwed by George Lucas (unless it was ILM, Skywalker Sound and the merch/theme park content they spent all that money on).

In all honesty, every BNF journalist keeps pitching this as the supposed end. This is the only place I can think of that’s even paid attention to/discussed what it means with Solo and various themes/phrases about that being the new family at the end of the ST. And if it happens (which rich now based on the films and the writers I think it will), we’ll see the same people writing articles about how JJ came up with this for IX. Or how like Rey and Ben’s relationship was this crazy random thing Rian made up.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:22 pm

I think one big reason for "The Last Jedi completed the story" is that, for some people, Luke is *still* the centre of the story. He completed his arc in TLJ and died at peace, so I guess the story is now over. Unconsciously or not, people can't fully accept the fact that he's no longer the protagonist.

It's like, I had a chat once with a friend after TLJ about whether there will be more Skywalker episodes after IX; I did discuss Reylo with him and he agrees that it's a possible direction. But his response was, well I'm sure they could get Mark Hamill back for more, Luke is the heart of it all Rolling Eyes
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:25 pm

Don't be surprised if Disney/Lucasfilm does the same as Disney/Marvel. If you recall for Infinity War, scenes were filmed (and visual effects added) only for the marketing, for the purposes of misdirection.

I have a feeling the same will happen for IX, too. Not the majority of the trailers and teasers, if new footage, yet I have a feeling a small percentage will be misdirection.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:35 pm

@Saracene wrote:I think one big reason for "The Last Jedi completed the story" is that, for some people, Luke is *still* the centre of the story. He completed his arc in TLJ and died at peace, so I guess the story is now over. Unconsciously or not, people can't fully accept the fact that he's no longer the protagonist.

It's like, I had a chat once with a friend after TLJ about whether there will be more Skywalker episodes after IX; I did discuss Reylo with him and he agrees that it's a possible direction. But his response was, well I'm sure they could get Mark Hamill back for more, Luke is the heart of it all Rolling Eyes
@Saracene

That's exactly my impression of people who say the story is over.Luke died and he can't be more than a force ghost so he won't be the one to save the galaxy or have lightsaber duels so the story feels pointless and over to them.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:08 pm

@Mila95 wrote:
@Saracene wrote:I think one big reason for "The Last Jedi completed the story" is that, for some people, Luke is *still* the centre of the story. He completed his arc in TLJ and died at peace, so I guess the story is now over. Unconsciously or not, people can't fully accept the fact that he's no longer the protagonist.

@Saracene

That's exactly my impression of people who say the story is over.Luke died and he can't be more than a force ghost so he won't be the one to save the galaxy or have lightsaber duels so the story feels pointless and over to them.
@Mila95

I don’t have the exact tweet, but someone once tweeted Rian Johnson, telling him his film was so perfect it could have been the end of the trilogy and they would be completely satisfied. Rian, although flattered, said he couldn’t fathom how TLJ would be acceptable as an ending when it’s supposed to be seen as a cliffhanger. I’m paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:17 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mila95 wrote:

@Saracene

@Mila95

I don’t have the exact tweet, but someone once tweeted Rian Johnson, telling him his film was so perfect it could have been the end of the trilogy and they would be completely satisfied. Rian, although flattered, said he couldn’t fathom how TLJ would be acceptable as an ending when it’s supposed to be seen as a cliffhanger. I’m paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

@IoJovi

I don't get it either.Because while I'm not exactly that invested in the FO vs Resistance storyline apart from how it affects Rey and Kylo,I can't really imagine any ending where the FO wins while the resistance is left with like 30 people.To me it very much felt like a middle movie that sets up the end,nothing about it felt final and like you could just end the story right there.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:26 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I reluctantly agree with Scott about the marketing for IX. Maybe the teaser, or the final trailer will show clips from IX, but I am now wondering, especially if the focus will be for most of the trailers - this is the conclusion of IX parts...if they will show footage from Episodes I -> VIII, and the announcer voice and/or type will emphasize 'the conclusion to the Skywalker saga"....
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wouldn't rule out snippets of footage from the previous movies. I wouldn't be surprised though if the trailer for Episode IX is very much like the TLJ trailer - lots of focus on Kylo and Rey, and a last shot that makes everyone go, wait what's going on here?? (Followed by the furious denial from certain quarters that it has anything to do with Kylo and Rey's dynamic)
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm

@Saracene wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I reluctantly agree with Scott about the marketing for IX. Maybe the teaser, or the final trailer will show clips from IX, but I am now wondering, especially if the focus will be for most of the trailers - this is the conclusion of IX parts...if they will show footage from Episodes I -> VIII, and the announcer voice and/or type will emphasize 'the conclusion to the Skywalker saga"....
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wouldn't rule out snippets of footage from the previous movies. I wouldn't be surprised though if the trailer for Episode IX is very much like the TLJ trailer - lots of focus on Kylo and Rey, and a last shot that makes everyone go, wait what's going on here?? (Followed by the furious denial from certain quarters that it has anything to do with Kylo and Rey's dynamic)
@Saracene

Also, misdirection will most likely happen as well. Disney/Marvel actually filmed scenes and added visual effects for the purpose of misdirection in the trailers/teasers/TV spots for Infinity War. Will not be surprised if that is done for Episode 9.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:42 pm

@Mila95 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mila95 wrote:

@Saracene

@Mila95

@IoJovi

I don't get it either.Because while I'm not exactly that invested in the FO vs Resistance storyline apart from how it affects Rey and Kylo,I can't really imagine any ending where the FO wins while the resistance is left with like 30 people.To me it very much felt like a middle movie that sets up the end,nothing about it felt final and like you could just end the story right there.
@Mila95

I now remember what it was! He said, “Congratulations. You’ve just left the galaxy in the hands of Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.” Laughing
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:43 pm

@snufkin wrote:And if it happens (which rich now based on the films and the writers I think it will), we’ll see the same people writing articles about how JJ came up with this for IX. Or how like Rey and Ben’s relationship was this crazy random thing Rian made up.
@snufkin

That's my worry, that the audience is clueless enough and LF secretive enough that I wonder what it will take to convince people that this was in place the entire time. I don't think it occurs to most people that they might be, you know, wrong, or that their understanding of SW isn't that great.

In the long run though, I think this story will be looked back upon fondly and without the confusion and yelling that dominate fandom discourse right now.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:54 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
@snufkin wrote:And if it happens (which rich now based on the films and the writers I think it will), we’ll see the same people writing articles about how JJ came up with this for IX. Or how like Rey and Ben’s relationship was this crazy random thing Rian made up.
@snufkin

That's my worry, that the audience is clueless enough and LF secretive enough that I wonder what it will take to convince people that this was in place the entire time. I don't think it occurs to most people that they might be, you know, wrong, or that their understanding of SW isn't that great.

In the long run though, I think this story will be looked back upon fondly and without the confusion and yelling that dominate fandom discourse right now.
@californiagirl

My instinct tells me that Disney/LF will shrug it off, which I know is our criticism, yet they are counting on this standing the test of time. If anyone knows this, one can say it's Disney (i.e their animated features, and their legacies).

Now, if perhaps it is a box office 'failure' or the critical reception is not great, they may become more assertive with it. However, if box office is stellar, along with critical reactions, then I don't think they will care if there is such an accusation.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 29 Jul 2018, 7:05 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:
@snufkin

@californiagirl

My instinct tells me that Disney/LF will shrug it off, which I know is our criticism, yet they are counting on this standing the test of time. If anyone knows this, one can say it's Disney (i.e their animated features, and their legacies).

Now, if perhaps it is a box office 'failure' or the critical reception is not great, they may become more assertive with it. However, if box office is stellar, along with critical reactions, then I don't think they will care if there is such an accusation.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Disney surely won't care about fan accusations if it's a critical and commercial hit, as TLJ and TFA prove. Solo flopped and they're still fine, nor are they being especially aggressive about it. It's just that the fandom can be so unbearable, and even major websites and some publications can weigh in with terrible hot takes, as evidenced by the Forbes article on the last page.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 3:17 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I don't know if they can get away with not showing ANY clips from IX!! Perhaps they can show parallels (after all, that's pretty much the thrust of the whole thing) between the trilogies by interspersing clips from each trilogy.
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 10:05 am

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I don't know if they can get away with not showing ANY clips from IX!! Perhaps they can show parallels (after all, that's pretty much the thrust of the whole thing) between the trilogies by interspersing clips from each trilogy.
@Dar-ren19

For one teaser or trailer...I am thinking they will.

We have an interesting case study coming up - the marketing for Avengers 4. How Avengers 4 is marketed, will give us insight on how IX will probably be marketed. Of course, it won't be an exact aha!...Yet it's pretty close because both are viewed as a finality, and what comes after...Disney has been very vague about.

SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 12:43 pm

There will deifinitely be many more of those, I'm sure, but I have no intention of reading them:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/997700/Star-Wars-9-Last-Jedi-backlash-JJ-Abrams-Kathleen-Kennedy-release-date-picture

STAR WARS 9 has started filming and director JJ Abrams posted the first official image and promises to continue the "spirit" in which he started The Force Awakens. Following the shocking fan backlash over The Last Jedi, can he "fix" Star Wars?
He [JJ] also faces the extraordinary rift in the fandom which created a major backlash after The Last Jedi, with many fans unhappy over the direction taken by Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy.
Abrams posted a shot of film equipment with the comment: "Bittersweet starting this next chapter without Carrie, but thanks to an extraordinary cast and crew, we are ready to go. Grateful for Rian Johnson and special thanks to George Lucas for creating this incredible world and beginning a story of which we are lucky to be a part."

The nod to George Lucas ties in with other comments made recently to Rolling Stone which stressed how Abrams was determined to honour the spirit in which he made The Force Awakens.

The following major quote will leave many fans reassured that Abrams will move away from some of the tone and plot decisions made by Johnson
Abrams stayed true to Lucas' original tone and also laid groundwork for Snoke and Rey's parentage as the two new central themes. Rian Johnson appeared to disregard much of this, which infuriated and alienated a major part of the original fanbase.

I guess that's what the author (and probably many others) took away from that quote? JJ will "fix" everything TLJ got wrong and give people what they want (which in many minds probably amounts to "more lighsaber battles, Rey somehow still being a Skywalker who defeats the big bad Supreme Leader once and for all", etc.). Not to mention both the Snoke and Rey theories have only become central because the fans chose to focus excessively on them, and both were treated as a necessarily obstacle to overcome for Kylo and Rey respectively. This hope of "fixing what's broken" essentially translates to "We want what we know. We want fanservice. Just give us that, so we can then complain about it too." Because the primary criticism of TFA was that it "played it too safe" and JJ knows that very well. There is even another quote of his in this very article where he talks about how TFA was only the starting point for these characters and how he wants to do what he couldn't/implement what he's learnt from working on VII into IX. I know TLJ was not to everyone's taste and that's completely natural. I had my problems with it too, the B plot e.g. It's also reasonable to assume IX will be more similar stylistically and tone-wise to TFA since they are directed by the same person. But I think the suggestion that the upcoming episode is meant to "fix" or undo what happened in TLJ is ludicrous, especially since JJ is a fan of Rian's work, he even said he wished he could direct VIII himself based on the script. The author also seems to make a distinction b/w RJ/KK and JJ's creative visions as if they're somehow at odds? As if KK did not work with JJ on the previous film. JJ was also an executive producer for TLJ. I just don't get why they're trying to create an artificial conflict there. JJ and RJ are clearly very supportive of one another.

The Rey/Kylo coverage is hilariously inconsistent as well. The vast majority of critics and journalists acknowledged Adam and Daisy's chemistry in TLJ after it came out, and commented on how their bond was the highlight of the movie. It is the one aspect that is more or less universally praised. Yet at the same time some of most recent pieces still talk about the possibility of them being half-siblings because their lighsaber moves are very similar. I thought the media had already moved past this, but I guess it will still be thing until the movie is released and it would not be possible to ignore the endgame plan anymore because it's the last instalment. Still, it's kind of ridiculous how far-off some of those ideas are. This is the best speculation they can do. I've seen comments previously on how TLJ is a Reylo fanfic, which completely disregards the previous movie where there was never a hint of any connection b/w the two characters. OK. Or how even if there is sth., it's just physical and not emotional. Despite the fact the whole point of TLJ was about getting these two characters to a place of mutual understading and establishing an emotional connection through the Force (the Force bond was literally a plot devise to get them to talk to one another as per RJ himself). The hand-holding scene in particular was the emotional centre of the movie. But no, TLJ was just an unfortunate misstep and we'll get "back on track" (whatever that means) with IX. Very Happy Whatever, just going to enjoy IX when it arrives.

P.S. This one is better: https://nerdist.com/reylo-7-best-moments-star-wars/
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 2:34 pm

@MindAndMagic Isn't Express known for being sort of lame and trashy in that way? I could think of plenty of other sites on both sides of the pond that could fit under that description.

JJ's tweet #1 on day #1 of shooting thanks Rian and what everyone gets out of it is that he's anti-Rian/TLJ. Where is this guy getting any of this supposed confirmation that JJ is backtracking to "fix" TLJ? Like it's coming out of thin air.

That Rolling Stone bit came out before the TLJ backlash as well, so it sure wasn't responding to a fan rift that didn't yet exist.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 4:06 pm

@MindAndMagic
I LOL at those quotes.

Sure... Disney is looking to fix and move away from the most profitable and highest grossing film of 2017 (source - Deadline Hollywood) because a very loud minority of internet stanboys are butthurt TLJ didn’t cater to their expectations.

Because general audiences will SO appreciate that Snoke is some character mentioned in couple lines of dialogue from a film a decade ago (while pretending that the “killed him in his sleep” from the exact same scene wasn’t Palpatine patting himself on the back for being more clever and the better Sith who took out his master).

I’d laugh if it weren’t so pathetic.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 4:56 pm

@MindAndMagic

Ohh boy the Express is such a s*** stirrer who often quotes a certain Mr Z. I’m laughing along too if it wasn’t so ridiculous

Abrams stayed true to Lucas' original tone and also laid groundwork for Snoke and Rey's parentage as the two new central themes. Rian Johnson appeared to disregard much of this, which infuriated and alienated a major part of the original fanbase.

I’m sorry Snokes parentage ?

One last thing I don’t pretend to know how a twitter timeline works but Rian’s Han gif reply came within 8mins of JJ original tweet. Id say they were thick as thieves lol

Edit - i broke my policy of not reading two many tweets...JJ is a film director not a general repair man.
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum