The Mandalorian, Disney+

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 6 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 16 Nov - 2:24

If there are Jawas, then the location for most of the 1st show, and this one, is Tatooine?

I adore this show! Love the humor, as previously mentioned, mixed with the adventure. Has a different feel from the movies, yet I do wonder if we'll see some of that new feel in TRoS?? Very Happy Smile

As for the...

Spoiler:
baby Yoda species. My guess, and I could be 100% wrong - that this is Yoda's and Yaddle's child. How it involved being separated from them, not sure, yet there was a feeling of protecting the child, initially, and then there was a great separation, the plan went wrong. Who knows, perhaps Yoda resisted Anakin being the Chosen One because he thought his child was the Chosen One? lol I think the end of the Empire/beginning of the FO client wants the child for the purposes of cloning. - Trying to resist maybe flyaway thoughts, yet these are my thoughts for now Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 16 Nov - 3:27

Echoing the above, the fact they marketing this as grimdark adult fare becomes more hilarious by the episode. In some ways it's more childlike than the films, I think the shorter than typical runtimes might make it easier on kids too. I'm so on board. Did not expect an entire episode around Jawas, but hey, I'm all about that.

It's great to see the entire fandom rallied around The Child, who is so cute it isn't even fair. Amazing how often they leave it unsupervised. They're probably traumatizing it with all the violence, lol. They're having so much fun with creature design. The direction of this episode was great too. And I just can't get over the music and the concept art credits. Also, I'd be surprised if they didn't start selling t-shirts that say "I have spoken." It cracks me up every time.

Paired with a SW video game that came out today and seems to already be beloved, unlike the two Battlefront games that got eviscerated, the fandom is actually happy about things! Yay!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 16 Nov - 3:31

Omg YES baby Yoda is soooo freaking cute. And my heart just exploded when his tiny little hands used the force to save him. I'm in love. I love this whole big tough guy caring for a baby thing. The episodes are pretty slow and honestly sick of this whole monster fighting business, it's boring. Hoping the story picks up more. The music really gives it a 80s scifi feel to it. And even the cinematography in reminiscent of an 80s epic piece.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 16 Nov - 11:53

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:If there are Jawas, then the location for most of the 1st show, and this one, is Tatooine?  

I adore this show!  Love the humor, as previously mentioned, mixed with the adventure.  Has a different feel from the movies, yet I do wonder if we'll see some of that new feel in TRoS?? Very Happy Smile

As for the...

Spoiler:
baby Yoda species.  My guess, and I could be 100% wrong - that this is Yoda's and Yaddle's child.  How it involved being separated from them, not sure, yet there was a feeling of protecting the child, initially, and then there was a great separation, the plan went wrong.  Who knows, perhaps Yoda resisted Anakin being the Chosen One because he thought his child was the Chosen One? lol I think the end of the Empire/beginning of the FO client wants the child for the purposes of cloning.  - Trying to resist maybe flyaway thoughts, yet these are my thoughts for now Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

In a conversation elsewhere on the internets I saw someone say that the color of the Jawas' eyes determines whether they are Tatooine Jawas or offworld Jawas, and these were offworld Jawas. I don't know if that it true/canon, but it's more than I know (or care to) about Jawas. Razz

@californiagirl wrote:Echoing the above, the fact they marketing this as grimdark adult fare becomes more hilarious by the episode. In some ways it's more childlike than the films, I think the shorter than typical runtimes might make it easier on kids too. I'm so on board. Did not expect an entire episode around Jawas, but hey, I'm all about that.

It's great to see the entire fandom rallied around The Child, who is so cute it isn't even fair. Amazing how often they leave it unsupervised. They're probably traumatizing it with all the violence, lol. They're having so much fun with creature design. The direction of this episode was great too. And I just can't get over the music and the concept art credits. Also, I'd be surprised if they didn't start selling t-shirts that say "I have spoken." It cracks me up every time.

Paired with a SW video game that came out today and seems to already be beloved, unlike the two Battlefront games that got eviscerated, the fandom is actually happy about things! Yay!
@californiagirl

It is just cracking me up that we are getting a cute baby and a tough guy taking care of it--that's our big theme at the moment. Don't tell the folks who wanted "dark" Star Wars for men, but this is stuff women love. Cool
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 16 Nov - 14:15

My first viewing of the Black Panther... I knew that sound track was special.. I knew absolutely ZERO about Ludwig.. but I could recognize immediately that whomever did the sound track was next level.. soon to be John Williams level..( I believe he interned for JW in college) then I learned everything I could about Ludwig.. I am was verging on becoming obsessed.. Razz and I thought this dude NEEDS to do Star Wars...

Then... he was picked up to do the Mandalorian... wow.. I was so excited...

And can I say... The Mandalorian theme is really OUTSTANDING... Ugh... so damn good..does NOT disappoint..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 16 Nov - 14:50

The Black Panther soundtrack is the only good MCU score, imo. Ludwig is doing Christopher Nolan’s next movie as well, exciting! And

Spoiler:
Baby Yoda is the cutest thing I’ve seen. Ever.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 16 Nov - 14:54

@spacebaby45678

I wasn't so sure about the music the first time around. It just seemed weird. Then I pulled the soundtrack up on YouTube and listened to it and it hooked me!

I am really digging Goransson's take on monster music. I'm kind of meh about the monsters themselves so far, but the music for them is really intriguing to me.

The blurrg music reminds me a bit of the Maw monster from Solo.

This just reminds me of a buzz saw crossed with Pac Man.  Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 16 Nov - 16:12

@Kylo Rey wrote:The Black Panther soundtrack is the only good MCU score, imo. Ludwig is doing Christopher Nolan’s next movie as well, exciting! And

Spoiler:
Baby Yoda is the cutest thing I’ve seen. Ever.
@Kylo Rey

OH... what is Nolan's next project?

@12 Parsnips

The Blurg attack is good.. but the Mudhorn.. yeah..weird.. I can hear Ludwig"s rap experience coming through..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 16 Nov - 18:28

Don't you think that babyYoda is actually a girl? She looks like a girl for me. I think she is 100% connected to Yoda, either his kid or his clone.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 16 Nov - 19:10

I think Baby  Yoda is a boy.. I wish a girl... but Baby Yoda has white hair.. and Yaddle was a ginger.. so..

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 6 7yWHa7P

OMG...

Shortly after the Battle of Fortress Vader, Darth Vader entered a portal constructed by Lord Momin to resurrect his wife Padmé Amidala. While walking through visions, he encountered Yaddle along with many Jedi with their lightsabers ready to battle him. However, Vader defeated all of the illusions, impaling Yaddle through the chest as the words "Let the past die" resounded in his min.....

I don't know what it means... but it sure is an interesting coincidence...

Baby Yoda.. is he/she Yaddle's baby... Yoda & Yaddle's baby? A clone of Yoda?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 16 Nov - 19:32

I wish baby Yoda could be a girl. I kind of hope she/he isn't related to Yoda, but that's just me. The entire cast is gushing over it though. Very Happy https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/baby-yoda-the-mandalorian-werner-herzog-1203406285/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 16 Nov - 20:55

Just found out I get a free subscription with my Verizon plan! Watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked! I didn't know I needed this.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Tue 19 Nov - 9:58

I was excited before and boy did it live up to it. It feels like something that is watchable for young and old and it gives me a feeling of watching something from the Jim Henson era. Mix between spaghetti-western, Star Wars and the Muppets.

The soundtrack had to grow on me a bit because it’s very western with Star Wars behind in the mix. Enjoying it now. 
Just bought a chromecast so it can be watched on the bigger screen with the 5.1 sound and my husband is complaining that he can never play something so loud over the soundsystem, haha. He is not a SW fan but he was watching along.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 19 Nov - 11:57

@Blood Moon wrote:I was excited before and boy did it live up to it. It feels like something that is watchable for young and old and it gives me a feeling of watching something from the Jim Henson era. Mix between spaghetti-western, Star Wars and the Muppets.

The soundtrack had to grow on me a bit because it’s very western with Star Wars behind in the mix. Enjoying it now. 
Just bought a chromecast so it can be watched on the bigger screen with the 5.1 sound and my husband is complaining that he can never play something so loud over the soundsystem, haha. He is not a SW fan but he was watching along.
@Blood Moon

My daughter (a teenager) got one look at the Asset and is now totally hooked. She likes Star Wars but she's not big on sitting through entire movies, and the cartoons and books are not for her. So I'm hoping this show may draw her into SW more thoroughly. Wink

Now I am just worried that the Mando is going to do something dumb (turning in the Asset for the beskar) before having a change of heart. Though of course this would kick the drama up a notch, I think if that happens the show may lose her!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Tue 19 Nov - 15:35

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Blood Moon wrote:I was excited before and boy did it live up to it. It feels like something that is watchable for young and old and it gives me a feeling of watching something from the Jim Henson era. Mix between spaghetti-western, Star Wars and the Muppets.

@Blood Moon

My daughter (a teenager) got one look at the Asset and is now totally hooked. She likes Star Wars but she's not big on sitting through entire movies, and the cartoons and books are not for her. So I'm hoping this show may draw her into SW more thoroughly. Wink

Now I am just worried that the Mando is going to do something dumb (turning in the Asset for the beskar) before having a change of heart. Though of course this would kick the drama up a notch, I think if that happens the show may lose her!
@12 Parsnips Yes I love the short episodes, my attention for long things can be a struggle sometimes.
It would be a perfect conflict if he would turn in  the BB for his wanted beskar and became conflicted because he left BB( love characters who are torn apart, haha) or maybe they are gonna steal his assset. So many ways to go.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 20 Nov - 3:17

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 6 Scree654
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 20 Nov - 17:30

They've invented super-high tech virtual screens that look like real sets and shots so you don't have to take hundreds of people to Iceland? They just call it stagecraft. And they want to change TV with it, they say. https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandalorian-stagecraft/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Thu 21 Nov - 20:04

I keep hearing that actually the series is not as it was marketed (gritty, testosteron fueled). Can someone explain to us who can't/won't see it at this time, without being too spoilery, in what sense? I don't need to know the plot points, just a general idea (style, tropes?). Thanks!
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 21 Nov - 20:14

@MaddieDove wrote:I keep hearing that actually the series is not as it was marketed (gritty, testosteron fueled). Can someone explain to us who can't/won't see it at this time, without being too spoilery, in what sense? I don't need to know the plot points, just a general idea (style, tropes?). Thanks!
@MaddieDove

I'm not very creative minded, so I will try...

He has his moments of being gritty/testosterone himself, yet he is primarily one/prefers to listen and reflect, and nurture. Although The Mandalorian is a male, the show is very fem gaze from what the camera focuses on, to yonic symbolism (and uterus symbolism).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 21 Nov - 20:23

@MaddieDove wrote:I keep hearing that actually the series is not as it was marketed (gritty, testosteron fueled). Can someone explain to us who can't/won't see it at this time, without being too spoilery, in what sense? I don't need to know the plot points, just a general idea (style, tropes?). Thanks!
@MaddieDove

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@MaddieDove

I'm not very creative minded, so I will try...

He has his moments of being gritty/testosterone himself, yet he is primarily one/prefers to listen and reflect, and nurture. Although The Mandalorian is a male, the show is very fem gaze from what the camera focuses on, to yonic symbolism (and uterus symbolism).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I agree. I'd say the Mando is on a journey to find his feminine side!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 22 Nov - 2:35

@MaddieDove It's also cuter and much sillier than advertised. It has action scenes and the occasional gritty moment, but is actually much more family-friendly than expected.

Spoiler:
They're doing baby Yoda merch. Zero people are surprised at this development. They have found their new porgs. Smile https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/baby-yoda-apparel-accessories-toys-and-plush-are-coming.html
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 22 Nov - 17:24

Chapter 3: The Sin (no worries, he repents).....WOW! Phenomenal!!! Directed by Deborah Chow; therefore, I was excited about the Obi-Wan series, now I am more excited.

Anyway, I've seen the reference, and it's true - ManDADlorian Very Happy Smile

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 22 Nov - 21:39

Ep3 is the best episode so far. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 0:03

This was definitely the best episode so far, no surprise considering it was the climax or culmination of the first story arc. I loved it. Mando is a good space dad even if he doesn't quite know it himself yet.

Spoiler:
I guess the Mandos in this age just... don't remove their helmets at all? Lol? This is setting up something fun for the future!

The next arc is going to be about gathering other friends and allies and continuing to run from the remnants of the Empire that wants to retrieve the asset.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 23 Nov - 0:52

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This was definitely the best episode so far, no surprise considering it was the climax or culmination of the first story arc. I loved it. Mando is a good space dad even if he doesn't quite know it himself yet.

Spoiler:
I guess the Mandos in this age just... don't remove their helmets at all? Lol? This is setting up something fun for the future!

The next arc is going to be about gathering other friends and allies and continuing to run from the remnants of the Empire that wants to retrieve the asset.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Spoiler:
I was like, hygiene, eating...basic functions all have to be done with the helmet on? Must make reproduction interesting. And here I was blaming the small number of Mandos on the Great Purge.  lol!  
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum