The Mandalorian, Disney+

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 8 Dec - 13:05

@Geralt_Riv wrote:Am I the only person here that feels that the show is getting worse after the peak that was episode 3? That the last 2 episodes felt like fillers and the story didn't really move forward? confused
@Geralt_Riv

I think there are a couple of layers of "story" going on. The outer story is that the Mando is trying to keep himself and the baby alive and maybe find a way to stop the people that are after them so they don't have to keep running. The inner story is that the Mando is on a journey to becoming a more "whole" and well-rounded person, slowly realizing that being a loner bad*** who shuns "soft" things is no way to live. (There are probably more layers too, like mythological ones, but these two are the clearest to me.)

Anyway, I think all the episodes are moving the Mando along on the journey, though at a wildly varying pace. IMO ep. 5 didn't do much for either of the stories, though it did a little. I think ep. 4 propelled the Mando forward by leaps and bounds on his inner story. (In fact, I think that one is my favorite episode now!)
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by californiagirl on Sun 8 Dec - 17:57

I really dug episode 4, and it was a nice change of pace and scenery. I saw a conversation about how even "filler" episodes can contribute to character, theme, and worldbuilding, which it did in spades. This past episode, not so much. Here's to next week and going back to more experienced directors.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2365
Likes : 12388
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 13 Dec - 23:36

Thoughts on chapter 6 ("The Prisoner")?

Spoiler:
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Hide_a11

I like this director, Rick Famuyiwa! This wasn't my favorite one, but it was sooooo suspenseful and well directed. Needed more Child in it though. Wink  But wow, you can see why Omera and the village on Sorgan were such a sanctuary for the Mando if that is the crowd he used to run with. pale

A couple of thoughts: I really can't shake the idea that this series is about what it means to be a fully realized/balanced man, or to be masculine. We keep seeing foils for the Mando, or we get to see the Mando himself reacting differently in similar situations as he grows. I can't get over the "sneaky" way TPTB are going about this, in a bounty hunter show. Razz

With the ongoing theme of threatening to take off Mando's helmet without his consent, and the desperate fight he puts up to stop that, it hit me that we hardly ever see this kind of violation threat to men. It was kind of shocking to see a man be vulnerable that way, and it went home to me how I take for granted the male gaze in most TV shows.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by rey09 on Sat 14 Dec - 3:00

THIS was the episode I've been waiting for. Wow sooo good. It actually didn't feel like SW at all, like some other kind of sci fi universe.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2052
Likes : 9548
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by californiagirl on Sat 14 Dec - 3:06

I liked this episode a lot, so well directed and the most action-heavy one yet. Given there are only two more episodes in the season left, I wonder if they'll stick to the monster/action scene of the week, or if they'll drop some sort of info/plot bomb on us that will make us beg for Season 2.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2365
Likes : 12388
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 14 Dec - 3:27

@rey09

I thought the part in the prison ship felt like a Clone Wars episode, a bit. But the parts with the gray-haired boss guy felt weird (in a good but not SW way). It did feel like another sci-fi show. The music went very techno too.


@californiagirl

I kind of hope for a plot bomb to take us into season 2...I think it's coming! I'm putting my money on it being something that ties the Mando's story (perhaps only peripherally) into the larger SW/Skywalker saga (and is not Boba Fett!).
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by rey09 on Sat 14 Dec - 4:20

@12 Parsnips wrote:@rey09

I thought the part in the prison ship felt like a Clone Wars episode, a bit. But the parts with the gray-haired boss guy felt weird (in a good but not SW way). It did feel like another sci-fi show. The music went very techno too.


@californiagirl

I kind of hope for a plot bomb to take us into season 2...I think it's coming! I'm putting my money on it being something that ties the Mando's story (perhaps only peripherally) into the larger SW/Skywalker saga (and is not Boba Fett!).
@12 Parsnips

yes the music!!! tadd like blade runner but that's kind of like its own thing. basically retro techno

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2052
Likes : 9548
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 14 Dec - 22:22

@12 Parsnips @rey09

I really enjoyed the music as well in this one!

12 Parsnips - profound observance about the violation of men - the pushing of "take off the helmet" or wanting to force it off.

Plus, the mocking of any heart/or kindness that he has - wanting to work with/talk/save the New Republic employee stood out to me. Moreover, how he tried to stay calm when Bill Burr's character was handling Baby Yoda - because he knew showing any emotion/protection would endanger The Child.

The force power The Child did (or try to do?) was he about to blow up the droid? lol

I do wonder if he had a past with the crazy Twi'Lek. If so, he's not a virgin? haha And...did he keep the helmet on? Hmm.

Loved the ending "I told you it was a bad idea." Adore the admittance he as complete conversations with Baby Yoda, and pretends he gets an answer he wants to hear, sometimes? Or that Baby Yoda debates with him?? haha lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 14 Dec - 23:50

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips @rey09

I really enjoyed the music as well in this one!

12 Parsnips - profound observance about the violation of men - the pushing of "take off the helmet" or wanting to force it off.  

Plus, the mocking of any heart/or kindness that he has - wanting to work with/talk/save the New Republic employee stood out to me.  Moreover, how he tried to stay calm when Bill Burr's character was handling Baby Yoda - because he knew showing any emotion/protection would endanger The Child.

The force power The Child did (or try to do?) was he about to blow up the droid? lol  

I do wonder if he had a past with the crazy Twi'Lek.  If so, he's not a virgin? haha And...did he keep the helmet on? Hmm.

Loved the ending "I told you it was a bad idea."  Adore the admittance he as complete conversations with Baby Yoda, and pretends he gets an answer he wants to hear, sometimes? Or that Baby Yoda debates with him?? haha lol
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Re: staying calm when Mayfeld had Baby Yoda...it was a great contrast to see him flinch when Mayfeld pretended to drop him, when the Mando had remained completely unfazed earlier in the episode when the Twi'lek came after him with the knife. Same for when Toro the wannabe drew his blaster on Mando when he thought he was asleep in the last chapter. So it was clear Mando has a weakness for the little guy. I love you It was so sweet how he scooped him up and put him safely away when Mayfeld actually did drop him!

I was sure Baby Yoda was going to do something Force-y...oops, I was wrong! Don't worry, honey, Dad will protect you. Very Happy This is the second time we've had someone shoot the shooter of Baby Yoda from behind. It's like poetry...! Wink  

Hmm, about the Twi'lek. Well, I definitely believe Mando has never taken the helmet off for anyone else. He told both the Armorer (and the other Mandos) and Omera that. So I don't think he's lying or even that he would lie. As to whether he's a virgin...well, I don't know. The Twi'lek was a little bit crazy and I kind of wonder if he'd trust her enough not to mess with his helmet when he's...vulnerable. She didn't exactly seem like a reliable narrator when she was hinting about a relationship, so... Razz

Talking to the baby is so adorable and so what every parent does, no matter how much sense it doesn't make!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 14 Dec - 23:56

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips @rey09

I really enjoyed the music as well in this one!

12 Parsnips - profound observance about the violation of men - the pushing of "take off the helmet" or wanting to force it off.  

Plus, the mocking of any heart/or kindness that he has - wanting to work with/talk/save the New Republic employee stood out to me.  Moreover, how he tried to stay calm when Bill Burr's character was handling Baby Yoda - because he knew showing any emotion/protection would endanger The Child.

The force power The Child did (or try to do?) was he about to blow up the droid? lol  

I do wonder if he had a past with the crazy Twi'Lek.  If so, he's not a virgin? haha And...did he keep the helmet on? Hmm.

Loved the ending "I told you it was a bad idea."  Adore the admittance he as complete conversations with Baby Yoda, and pretends he gets an answer he wants to hear, sometimes? Or that Baby Yoda debates with him?? haha lol
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Re: staying calm when Mayfeld had Baby Yoda...it was a great contrast to see him flinch when Mayfeld pretended to drop him, when the Mando had remained completely unfazed earlier in the episode when the Twi'lek came after him with the knife. Same for when Toro the wannabe drew his blaster on Mando when he thought he was asleep in the last chapter. So it was clear Mando has a weakness for the little guy. I love you It was so sweet how he scooped him up and put him safely away when Mayfeld actually did drop him!

I was sure Baby Yoda was going to do something Force-y...oops, I was wrong! Don't worry, honey, Dad will protect you. Very Happy This is the second time we've had someone shoot the shooter of Baby Yoda from behind. It's like poetry...! Wink  

Hmm, about the Twi'lek. Well, I definitely believe Mando has never taken the helmet off for anyone else. He told both the Armorer (and the other Mandos) and Omera that. So I don't think he's lying or even that he would lie. As to whether he's a virgin...well, I don't know. The Twi'lek was a little bit crazy and I kind of wonder if he'd trust her enough not to mess with his helmet when he's...vulnerable. She didn't exactly seem like a reliable narrator when she was hinting about a relationship, so... Razz

Talking to the baby is so adorable and so what every parent does, no matter how much sense it doesn't make!
@12 Parsnips

I just love that it confirms, he IS Dad for The Child.  It's something, as you mentioned, all parents do, and only strengthened that story! Very Happy

Oh! Dave Filoni had a cameo as a X-wing pilot.  I didn't spot it at first because I'm so used to him wearing a cowboy hat!

Although he took the job for money.  Maybe he had an idea of what was going to happen, and it was his way of making peace with a very dark time in his past AND to bring justice for the GFFA/New Republic.

With The Child products, appears as though really good ones are kinda around the corner/in May. I really like what Hasbro has planned, and I am tempted. haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 15 Dec - 0:15

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips @rey09

I really enjoyed the music as well in this one!

12 Parsnips - profound observance about the violation of men - the pushing of "take off the helmet" or wanting to force it off.  

Plus, the mocking of any heart/or kindness that he has - wanting to work with/talk/save the New Republic employee stood out to me.  Moreover, how he tried to stay calm when Bill Burr's character was handling Baby Yoda - because he knew showing any emotion/protection would endanger The Child.

The force power The Child did (or try to do?) was he about to blow up the droid? lol  

I do wonder if he had a past with the crazy Twi'Lek.  If so, he's not a virgin? haha And...did he keep the helmet on? Hmm.

Loved the ending "I told you it was a bad idea."  Adore the admittance he as complete conversations with Baby Yoda, and pretends he gets an answer he wants to hear, sometimes? Or that Baby Yoda debates with him?? haha lol
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Re: staying calm when Mayfeld had Baby Yoda...it was a great contrast to see him flinch when Mayfeld pretended to drop him, when the Mando had remained completely unfazed earlier in the episode when the Twi'lek came after him with the knife. Same for when Toro the wannabe drew his blaster on Mando when he thought he was asleep in the last chapter. So it was clear Mando has a weakness for the little guy. I love you It was so sweet how he scooped him up and put him safely away when Mayfeld actually did drop him!

I was sure Baby Yoda was going to do something Force-y...oops, I was wrong! Don't worry, honey, Dad will protect you. Very Happy This is the second time we've had someone shoot the shooter of Baby Yoda from behind. It's like poetry...! Wink  

Hmm, about the Twi'lek. Well, I definitely believe Mando has never taken the helmet off for anyone else. He told both the Armorer (and the other Mandos) and Omera that. So I don't think he's lying or even that he would lie. As to whether he's a virgin...well, I don't know. The Twi'lek was a little bit crazy and I kind of wonder if he'd trust her enough not to mess with his helmet when he's...vulnerable. She didn't exactly seem like a reliable narrator when she was hinting about a relationship, so... Razz

Talking to the baby is so adorable and so what every parent does, no matter how much sense it doesn't make!
@12 Parsnips

I just love that it confirms, he IS Dad for The Child.  It's something, as you mentioned, all parents do, and only strengthened that story! Very Happy

Oh! Dave Filoni had a cameo as a X-wing pilot.  I didn't spot it at first because I'm so used to him wearing a cowboy hat!

Although he took the job for money.  Maybe he had an idea of what was going to happen, and it was his way of making peace with a very dark time in his past AND to bring justice for the GFFA/New Republic.

With The Child products, appears as though really good ones are kinda around the corner/in May.  I really like what Hasbro has planned, and I am tempted. haha
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I am eating this dad-son relationship right up. I love it so much!

It was hard to recognize Dave without his cowboy hat! lol! That was Rick Famuyiwa and Debra Chow with him! I am a little confused though about whether the X-wings were going to blow up that whole station--seems so, but wouldn't they at least make sure that's what they were supposed to be doing? (I can understand blowing up the gunship that was launching, but the rest?) Also I'm pretty sure that with Mayfeld, the Twi'lek, and Burg locked in the same cell, at least one of them is not going to live long.  affraid

Yes, I think the Mando probably needed some money. He knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but I do think that somewhere inside he wanted to make peace with that part of his past, as you say.

It's getting scary though how many enemies the Mando is making now. But I guess he probably wasn't making friends and influencing people much as a vigilante bounty hunter either! At least he is also making friends--Kuill, Cara Dune. I'm thinking now that the Mando shot Greef Carga right in the beskar on purpose instead of killing him.

I wondering if I might get some Mandalorian merch for Christmas! Just no (official) Baby Yoda stuff. I have certainly made my affection for the show known to my family. Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 15 Dec - 0:24

@12 Parsnips

Squee! The other pilots are Rick and Debra??? OMG as I director fangirl!!! Very Happy Smile She's directing the next one, that will premiere on Wednesday!

You know, the blowing up of the entire mercenary station did seem overreacting, but I guess they have a rule - if that tracking device is on, no matter where it is - blow up the ship because there has been a devastating compromise of security. They allowed Mando to fly past them, probably because they didn't exactly confirm where the tracking device was, only the general location, but once they did..BOOM. Especially because the vehicle (which looks like Kaz's racer in Resistance lol) was armed and ready for dogfight pursuit.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 15 Dec - 0:47

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@12 Parsnips

Squee! The other pilots are Rick and Debra??? OMG as I director fangirl!!! Very Happy Smile  She's directing the next one, that will premiere on Wednesday!

You know, the blowing up of the entire mercenary station did seem overreacting, but I guess they have a rule - if that tracking device is on, no matter where it is - blow up the ship because there has been a devastating compromise of security.  They allowed Mando to fly past them, probably because they didn't exactly confirm where the tracking device was, only the general location, but once they did..BOOM.  Especially because the vehicle (which looks like Kaz's racer in Resistance lol) was armed and ready for dogfight pursuit.  

@SW_Heroine_Journey
We have a short week! I'm rooting hard for Cara Dune in the last two episodes. pls pls pls

I would think though that the trackers would at least have some kind of origin indicator. I mean, if this tracker was originally on a prison ship and now it's not but rather on a space station lightyears away...wouldn't you kind of wonder why you are blowing up this completely unknown location instead of the prison ship?

But I guess the New Republic's name is mud in the Mando's mind, so this is just another confirmation. Razz (Anyway, I learned long ago not to think too hard about logic in Star Wars. That way lies madness. Laughing )
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 15 Dec - 22:00

Had my mind blown by What the Force podcast again... This looks at ch. 6 through the lens of Campbell/Jung/Bly and how each member of the team represents aspects of Mando's shadow, the prison ship represents the unconscious, the Crest represents the Mando's journey and its end goal. Then they take it up another level of meta to tie it in to the larger GFFA story with Anakin/Vader parallels. Soooo interesting!

12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 15 Dec - 22:19

@12 Parsnips wrote:Had my mind blown by What the Force podcast again... This looks at ch. 6 through the lens of Campbell/Jung/Bly and how each member of the team represents aspects of Mando's shadow, the prison ship represents the unconscious, the Crest represents the Mando's journey and its end goal. Then they take it up another level of meta to tie it in to the larger GFFA story with Anakin/Vader parallels. Soooo interesting!

@12 Parsnips

It is! Regardless if intentional on the part of LF, or a happy accident, I absolutely love all of these layers!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 18 Dec - 15:22

Chapter 7: The Reckoning is so damn good, directed by Deborah Chow. Damn!!!!!

Spoiler tag related to TRoS, don't click on it, if you are avoiding TRoS spoilers

Spoiler:
Although Reylo and Bendemption are bittersweet, and I am upset about what happens to make it bittersweet...this incredible Chapter reminds me to just enjoy SW as it occurs, be GA in nature. I enjoyed this episode, it was incredible. On the other hand, I am not going to emotionally invest my focus and time anymore with it - or anything in pop culture. Although, I will always be grateful that Reylo and Bendemption became a fun Humanities and Literature class
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Wed 18 Dec - 16:24

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh the wicked temptation to click on the spoiler!! But I didn't!!! (I didn't watch the special look at the end of the episode either.) But I will say Force healing FTW! On to TRoS!

Kuiil!!!! pale And I really really hope we are not going to have to wait until season 2 to get the child back. I don't know if my heart can take it on top of the emotional wallop I am sure TRoS is going to hand out.

I need to find time to watch the episode a second time, but...the loyalty to the Mando that Cara shows is lovely, especially with how things are between her and the child. (Seriously, kid, all the times Dad could have used your help, and this is the one you choose?  Razz ) I love it how Mando shoves the kid into her arms and she's like, "What the ?" and quickly sticks him in his seat. Very Happy Love the metaphor of IG-11 being reprogrammed from a killer into someone who protects. What could that possibly represent?!?!? Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 19 Dec - 4:58

@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh the wicked temptation to click on the spoiler!! But I didn't!!! (I didn't watch the special look at the end of the episode either.) But I will say Force healing FTW! On to TRoS!

Kuiil!!!! pale And I really really hope we are not going to have to wait until season 2 to get the child back. I don't know if my heart can take it on top of the emotional wallop I am sure TRoS is going to hand out.

I need to find time to watch the episode a second time, but...the loyalty to the Mando that Cara shows is lovely, especially with how things are between her and the child. (Seriously, kid, all the times Dad could have used your help, and this is the one you choose?  Razz ) I love it how Mando shoves the kid into her arms and she's like, "What the ?" and quickly sticks him in his seat. Very Happy Love the metaphor of IG-11 being reprogrammed from a killer into someone who protects. What could that possibly represent?!?!? Wink
@12 Parsnips

The episode is perfection. My goddess! Give all the Star Wars to Deborah Chow!

I have this feeling that IG-11 is going to snap when he finds Kuii, which in this circumstance is a good thing.

The Child force choked. I thought that was a dark side power??? Or it's labeled as such..sassy hmm...i.e. The Force don't care, powers are powers. lol

For those that felt the show was meandering - watch this one, it is so focused, the James Webb Space Telescope would blush.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 19 Dec - 6:20

I can’t wait to see baby Yoda Force choke Giancarlo Esposito (or as we prefer to call him: the chicken guy from Breaking Bad) next week, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2194
Likes : 11124
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 19 Dec - 6:37

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I can’t wait to see baby Yoda Force choke Giancarlo Esposito (or as we prefer to call him: the chicken guy from Breaking Bad) next week, lol.
@Cowgirlsamurai

lol, and I will actually do that, if Baby Yoda does that, and then causes Moff/Giancarlo (my god, was he intense scary, loved him!), to blow up - poof! haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 19 Dec - 12:12

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh the wicked temptation to click on the spoiler!! But I didn't!!! (I didn't watch the special look at the end of the episode either.) But I will say Force healing FTW! On to TRoS!

Kuiil!!!! pale And I really really hope we are not going to have to wait until season 2 to get the child back. I don't know if my heart can take it on top of the emotional wallop I am sure TRoS is going to hand out.

I need to find time to watch the episode a second time, but...the loyalty to the Mando that Cara shows is lovely, especially with how things are between her and the child. (Seriously, kid, all the times Dad could have used your help, and this is the one you choose?  Razz ) I love it how Mando shoves the kid into her arms and she's like, "What the ?" and quickly sticks him in his seat. Very Happy Love the metaphor of IG-11 being reprogrammed from a killer into someone who protects. What could that possibly represent?!?!? Wink
@12 Parsnips

The episode is perfection. My goddess! Give all the Star Wars to Deborah Chow!

I have this feeling that IG-11 is going to snap when he finds Kuii, which in this circumstance is a good thing.

The Child force choked.  I thought that was a dark side power??? Or it's labeled as such..sassy hmm...i.e. The Force don't care, powers are powers. lol

For those that felt the show was meandering - watch this one, it is so focused, the James Webb Space Telescope would blush.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

"the James Webb Space Telescope would blush" *applauds* Nice one!

Re: IG-11, I didn't notice this on my first viewing, but when Cara is yelling at Kuiil about being an ex-Imperial on the Crest, IG-11 comes up behind everyone and is just standing there very still watching. You get the feeling that if things had escalated it would have gone badly for Cara, but the Mando wisely asks Kuiil about making a new liner for the car seat and diffuses the tension.

So yeah, I think IG-11 is going to mess some people up for killing Kuiil.

@Cowgirlsamurai @SW_Heroine_Journey

The Force choking thing is interesting in the same episode in which Kuiil talks about droids being neutral, and act only according to how they are imprinted. The same thing could be applied to using the Force too, probably. Maybe it isn't so much that there is a Dark Side/Light Side to the Force but that it is how it is used, and for what purpose and with what motivation, that makes the Force power bad or good?
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 374
Likes : 1410
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 48
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 20 Dec - 2:03

Deborah Chow and Baby Yoda are the best things that happened to this show.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 541
Likes : 2147
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 27
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 20 Dec - 4:03

@Geralt_Riv wrote:Deborah Chow and Baby Yoda are the best things that happened to this show.
@Geralt_Riv

Agree!

I shall add - because of her, I am very intrigued about the Obi-Wan series. I love her style; it's masterful.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1748
Likes : 5296
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 21 Dec - 16:57

Just saw episode 7

Oh baby yoda... I have questions for you.. who are you?

Deborah Chow is incredible that is all
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3917
Likes : 9533
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by rey09 on Sun 22 Dec - 23:20

Also just watched, greatt episode!! Ugh the ending is so tragic =/

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2052
Likes : 9548
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum