Jon Favreau's Live Action TV Series

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Jon Favreau's Live Action TV Series

Post by DeeBee on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 3:34 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:https://makingstarwars.net/2018/11/star-wars-the-mandalorian-ramps-it-up-to-utinni-thats-11-in-huttese/

Interesting images! Got to love MSW updates and spoilers.

On a side note, while I feel the Cobb Vanth theory is cool and has potential, personally I’m hoping that “The Mandalorian” is actually about a lone Mando gone rogue rather than someone in Mandalorian armor. Otherwise why call the show “The Mandalorian”?

Of course, even if Vanth does end up being the central character, what if the storyline also dives into the history of the armor before Vanth obtained it (if it’s not Boba Fett’s)? Sabine Wren did say, in Rebels, that Mandalorian armor is very important to its owner and that it has its own history written in the blood and battles of the warriors that came before.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hello there! Thanks for sharing, I hope we find out something official soon.
I'm obviously excited for this new show to be about Cobb Vanth - but I'm not going to get too excited until I know something official!
'the Mandalorian' can be a name given to Cobb Vanth because of the Mandalorian armor - the people he helps may not know who he is, and he may not tell them.. so he may simply be referred to by the society as 'The Mandalorian'.

If the premise of the series is a main character who has liberated himself from slavery, and chosen to take on the crime syndicates head on and help others who need him - I think this is a character I can really cheer for.. and it feeds into one of the main themes of star wars - that characters make choices, and can choose to fight for their world and their community and be selfless and help others. This character would exemplify the light side of the force - a life lived in service of others..
I can imagine a character like Cobb Vanth becoming a legend throughout the galaxy and an inspiration to others who are enslaved and wish to rise up and take back their communities and their lives. In a similar way to the Jedi being held up as a beacon of hope (like at the end of TLJ), people like Cobb Vanth and Han Solo are inspirational in a different way - because they are not gifted with force powers, and yet they still make choices to make the galaxy better, and still achieve great things. They are heroic with what they have.
Whoooooo this has got me thinking about IX! I'm going to head over the predictions thread to explore this further.
sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 02 Dec 2018, 1:37 am

Agreed, well stated! Cobb Vanth’s story definitely plays into the larger themes of Star Wars. He has that Han Solo/Jyn Erso potential. I’m curious about his past though. I re-read the passage in the Aftermath novel when Vanth discovered the Mando armor in the Jawas possession. He seemed to know something about it, as if it had a deeper meaning for him. Maybe it was a piece of home? Could he actually be Mandalorian? When the Black Sun helped Maul and the Death Watch take over Mandalore, I’m sure many New Mandalorians were taken prisoner and even sold into slavery. Could this have happened to Vanth? After all the Black Sun’s symbol is a black star. Not unlike the branding carved into Cobb’s back.

Even if he’s not a Mando, like you said, it’s the legend of what the armor represents that lives on. It becomes  a symbol of hope to the inhabitants of Freetown, regardless of its wearer’s origin.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 02 Dec 2018, 1:59 am

@TheBastardofMandalore  - intersting idea about Cobb Vanth being a slave whose origin is Mandalore. That is possible because we don't know much about him.
I didn't pick up on any recognition with the armor. I had a look at the section of the book - I think this is the first time we meet Cobb Vanth.
I got the impression it was the other guy who recognised it as Mandalorian, there is no indication Cobb Vanth knew it was Mandalorian (but that doesn't mean he doesn't either!) - I got the impression he saw it's immediate value, it's a valuable tool to fight the fight he wants to fight.
I'll share it here:
Aftermath pages 300 & 301:

I forgot the book mentioned the acid. whoa! like what we'd find in a Sarlacc belly perhaps?
I gotta read this trilogy again!

Shoot first, talk later - sounds just like something Han Solo would say!  

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote: ...Even if he’s not a Mando, like you said, it’s the legend of what the armor represents that lives on. It becomes  a symbol of hope to the inhabitants of Freetown, regardless of its wearer’s origin.
@TheBastardofMandalore - I love this!! sunny
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 3:32 pm

Cast announcement:

https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pascal-revealed-as-the-mandalorian

PEDRO PASCAL REVEALED AS THE MANDALORIAN ALL-STAR CAST TO APPEAR IN UPCOMING DISNEY+ STAR WARS LIVE-ACTION SERIES. Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian. Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction). “We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to,” says Executive Producer Jon Favreau. Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019. wrote:
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 3:48 pm

@“Starliteprism” - thanks for sharing!
‘Lone mandalorian gunfighter’ is the first official mention that the main character is actually mandalorian! And it’s not just based on using Mandalorian armor!
I can’t wait- this is gonna be great!!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum