Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:25 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:A bit off topic, but the Golden Globes nominations were just announced, and Adam Driver is now a Golden Globe nominee! He is very likely on his way to his first Oscar nomination! cheers

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1070677281604059136?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
@Kylo Rey

That is so awesome! Congrats to Adam! Well deserved... It was coming sooner or later..
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:52 pm

@kroi wrote:
@YeeRees wrote:
He wasn’t impressed with TLJ so I can’t imagine him getting misty-eyed over something outside the usual fanboy checklists.
@YeeRees

Whaaaat? Didn't sound like that to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwmtpr79qE
@kroi

I haven’t listened to his review of TLJ since it came out so I might be misremembering on that. It seemed like he wasn’t into reylo or didn’t see it as potential or actual romance. I don’t think he sees redemption for Kylo, either. I know he’s been a defender of the prequels so it was probably unfair of me to label him as just an OT fanboy. I seem to recall he was disappointed with how TLJ handled Luke and thought he should have actually gone to Crait.

I get it, though. It’s been a long dry spell and people are hanging on for any scrap of info. We will doubtless get more of this kind of hyperbole in the next 12 months. It keeps the hype going but tells us nothing of consequence.
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 1:56 pm

Of course he's going to hype an upcoming movie. He's not going to go out there to the media and say it's so-so or something.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 4:53 pm

@YeeRees wrote:
@kroi wrote:
@YeeRees wrote:
He wasn’t impressed with TLJ so I can’t imagine him getting misty-eyed over something outside the usual fanboy checklists.
@YeeRees

Whaaaat? Didn't sound like that to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwmtpr79qE
@kroi

I haven’t listened to his review of TLJ since it came out so I might be misremembering on that. It seemed like he wasn’t into reylo or didn’t see it as potential or actual romance. I don’t think he sees redemption for Kylo, either. I know he’s been a defender of the prequels so it was probably unfair of me to label him as just an OT fanboy. I seem to recall he was disappointed with how TLJ handled Luke and thought he should have actually gone to Crait.

I get it, though. It’s been a long dry spell and people are hanging on for any scrap of info. We will doubtless get more of this kind of hyperbole in the next 12 months. It keeps the hype going but tells us nothing of consequence.
@YeeRees

Well from what I remember he saw Reylo quite clearly and loved the Throne Room scene.... Not clear about redemption (but who knows if his mind would change on that) or Luke on Crait. Him being into the PT makes sense though if JJ has included some nod there as well.....
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 2:24 am

Re: TLJ script, I found it interesting that even the script seems to give no insight into Rey's hut vision. It makes me wonder if Rian himself actually gave any real thought to what Rey saw when she touched hands with Kylo. The less charitable view would be that Rian simply needed to come up with a reason for Rey to go to the Supremacy and he didn't think beyond "Rey saw a vision" as the explanation. Or he simply didn't want to lock the story into a particular outcome and left the future resolution entirely up to the next writer. Considering his non-committal response to his own resolution of Rey's parentage, like it's still up to the next episode to confirm or deny, I think the latter is very likely.

At the very least, I think we can rule out the idea that Rey's vision had anything to do with the Throne Room. Otherwise there's absolutely no reason not to mention it in the script.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 6:19 am

@Saracene Yeah, it's definitely not about the throne room, what happened there only served to (briefly) foster her hope that her mission would be successful and the vision was correct. They may not have had the specifics outlined because they didn't shoot the scene, but I think of it as a form of foreshadowing, i.e. Rey's vision showed her the future they could potentially have together if Ben comes back (she said "I saw his future"). I assume JJ might finally show what she actually saw in IX or just confirm it through the plot. In any case, in the broadest sense it's sth related to his salvation/redemption and it'll come true, TLJ just wasn't the right time. Chances are it probably featured Rey in some way as well to add a personal motivation. That said, I don't think her actions are solely based on a vision we don't even get to see. The official reasoning is "the good of the galaxy", but the real reason is the emotional connection she established with Ben over the course of their Force sessions. Whatever she saw obviously had a very strong effect on her seeing how she gasped and then passionately pleaded to Luke, but it was also the realisation that she can find belonging with Ben. She didn't want to let go of what they had, he listened to her, she started understanding him and discovered a broken soul not unlike her own. The core implication of the vision the way I understand it was she recognised his potential to be good.

The parallels are certainly there. Wink Even the prince's name is Adam. Coincidence? (Probably) I think not.  Very Happy

Last edited by MindAndMagic on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 12:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 11:46 am

Rian is so incredibly detail-oriented about literally every other aspect of his films, that would seem like a major omission. There's no way he's going to put a massive spoiler in a script going public for all the world to behold.
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 1:18 pm

The social networks have posts from the TLJ premiere about a year ago; therefore, ~ a year from now, we will probably be discussing, and admiring the photographs of Daisy, Adam, Kelly, John, etc from the IX premiere!! Very Happy

SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 09 Dec 2018, 2:45 pm

Just a heads up for the UK peeps: ITV are showing TFA as their big end of year film on Sunday 30th December. This is the terrestrial premiere.

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Yesterday at 1:56 pm

The first one is “what??” I hadn’t noticed.

And then in the same thread, this had me LOL. That happens when you keep on replying without paying attention who is tagged in. Plus half of it is not nice (it’s been one year, people, one year, get over it already) so I enjoy the sarcasm Very Happy

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Yesterday at 5:04 pm

Sorry, double post. I was angry when I saw I could not watch them but indeed, since this WE, they are available in Germany too. Very short but so cute.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum