Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 27 of 44 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 44  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 1:09 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Screen10

JJ the question you gotta ask yourself about IX is, "do I want to upset Rian's mom?"
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 3:33 am

@thescavenger wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 S_275910

This makes me sad..
@thescavenger

I agree with Mark, and I don't think he should stop, he has a right to his opinion and it is shared by many in the fandom. He gives a voice to those who feel they are being ignored by LF. And, I honestly don't think giving a "contrary" opinion is a bad thing it sparks discussion and interest in EP9.

I think Mark's dissatisfaction has absolutely nothing to do with Reylo, I think is upset comes from how the OT3 never got an onscreen reunion.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Lazarus on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 4:55 am

@spacebaby45678
Absolutely. Mark's tweest makes me sad because I totally agree with him that a reunion of the OT3 would have been a great thing, even if it hadn't lasted more than 3 minutes. I never heard Mark talking against Reylo. Rather the other way round, when he teased about a romantic tension between Rey and his "naughty" nephew Wink
Mila Lazarus
Mila Lazarus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 5:11 am

@Mila Lazarus wrote:@spacebaby45678
Absolutely. Mark's tweest makes me sad because I totally agree with him that a reunion of the OT3 would have been a great thing, even if it hadn't lasted more than 3 minutes. I never heard Mark talking against Reylo. Rather the other way round, when he teased about a romantic tension between Rey and his "naughty" nephew Wink
@Mila Lazarus

Yup, he knows the ST is about Rey & Ben... His issue is about how do we handle the legacy of the OT characters. Star Wars fans are no joke, and a film that is added to its core cannon will be rewatched over and over again over years and decades and with that knowledge, the directors both JJ & RJ have to pay attention to the smallest of details and care about whether Leia acknowledges Chewie or Luke acknowledges CP30. You miss that, and you will never live it down. It requires a certain amount of healthy reverence balanced by an equal part artistic rebellion.

To be a Star Wars creator reminds me a little of what it must feel like to play for Brazil's national soccer team. The pressure is just otherworldly and tremendous. The whole nation of Star Wars fandom is waiting on you to deliver on the next chapter of their national mythos, and missing something and or breaking continuity is like missing the winning goal for the world cup for team Brazil in Brazil. Only the brave dare.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Dcb361268b6581349a6af81d0e0ede3a
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 5:17 am

@snufkin wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Screen10

JJ the question you gotta ask yourself about IX is, "do I want to upset Rian's mom?"
@snufkin

We stan Rian's mom
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 7:10 am

What if she’s lurking here? Razz.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 9:56 am

@snufkin

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 6106f410

Don’t let the moms down JJ Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 10:32 am

@spacebaby45678 I do think Mark loves Rey & Ben and their story. And he does have an issue with the OT3's portrayal, especially Luke's (which is a shame, because the actors have really killed it in the ST).

But I'm a little unsure if he realizes he's not the focus, as he very recently expressed unhappiness about having only one movie, and claimed he was tricked. Did they ever really promise him he would have a prominent role? Going back all the way to Arndt at the beginning of TFA, they knew they had to include very little Luke to keep the focus on the new characters. Reading the TFA script he thought Luke would come out when Kylo was trying to pull the blue saber. Even though it's Rey's movie and she can clearly defend herself?

I don't necessarily think all attention is good attention. It gets people talking, but it creates anger, dissatisfaction, and division within fandom, along with the expectation or at least hope that it was all a big mistake and will be rectified in the next one.

Mark can feel and think whatever he wants, but he's insulting major aspects of the movie he's in and trying to promote. It doesns't inspire faith in the abilities or even love and understanding of SW in the filmmakers and studio.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 10:48 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Rian's verified IG handle is with the C, I just checked.

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@thescavenger

I agree with Mark, and I don't think he should stop, he has a right to his opinion and it is shared by many in the fandom. He gives a voice to those who feel they are being ignored by LF. And, I honestly don't think giving a "contrary" opinion is a bad thing it sparks discussion and interest in EP9.

I think Mark's dissatisfaction has absolutely nothing to do with Reylo, I think is upset comes from how the OT3 never got an onscreen reunion.
@spacebaby45678

This is very true, I think it's nostalgia of the original trio and the fact that Carrie is no longer with us that make it particularly sad. I could totally see how a certain group of people can interpret posts like these in an anti direction though.

@EchoBase wrote:What if she’s lurking here? Razz.

She's definitely a member. One of you, fess up and send us some scoop, please.
@EchoBase

thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 10:50 am

@Cowgirlsamurai Exactly! If you do something that is going to not make Rian’s mom happy for a movie meant as a family Christmas outing, you’ve failed.

As for Mark, the man truly does not know when to zip it and seeing comments like that are chipping away at what good impression I had of Luke (least favorite character in the OT) thanks to the best of career performance he gave in TLJ. Instead he’s behaving like the type of past their prime but going to be high maintenance actors my uncle had stories about from doing soap operas and regional touring productions. Also it’s hilariously meta considering Luke’s whole problem was getting caught up in his celebrity and legacy in the first place & trying to force Ben into that mold. Plus there likely would be no heartwarming reunion if Han knew what he’d done to Ben.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 11:13 am

@thescavenger wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@thescavenger

@spacebaby45678

This is very true, I think it's nostalgia of the original trio and the fact that Carrie is no longer with us that make it particularly sad. I could totally see how a certain group of people can interpret posts like these in an anti direction though.

@EchoBase wrote:What if she’s lurking here? Razz.

She's definitely a member. One of you, fess up and send us some scoop, please.
@EchoBase

@thescavenger

Eek with technology. lol I don't see it, I see it as @rianjohnson, and I am looking at his verified account. To be more certain, I looked at his liked tweets, and I don't see it as one of them. Oh well. haha lol

Anyway, free speech is wonderful, yet when trolls (especially the infamous monster) start to retweet you, use your words for their argument, there should be pause. It's unfortunate, yet it is true.

Plus, all that @snufkin and @californiagirl mentioned, as well.

Silver lining / silly aside - I hope Mark is trolling all of us because there will be a Harrison cameo in IX.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 11:23 am

I actually would have loved to have seen Han confront Luke over Ben...
I have a confession. I write Reylo fanfic but I will never post it as it's probably c***, but in one of them I had that happen!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 11:36 am

That answer made me LOL. I think a lot of people underestimate the OT’s age. A reunion would have been nice, but in a quiet way which would have broken the rythm of the story. I am cringing imagining a kickass reunion à la Mulder and Scully fighting and defeating a group of highly trained young guys in the last season of x-files - that is when I started being annoyed with Chris Carter. And who’s to say there is no reunion in IX? It’s SW, nearly anything can happen. The reunion could be in a dream. That being said, I don’t mind MH’s posts. He’s a little bit of a trickster like the character he voices.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 B0522b10
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 11:38 am

Funniest thing I've seen for ages!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 12:42 pm

I can see the appeal of the nice,happy reunion of Han and Luke but I can't see how that would work with the story they told.Unless Luke lies to Han and doesn't come clean about what he did to Ben.At some point you have to bring that up and have a Han and Luke conflict over it or it's not being honest.Imo Han wouldn't be all that understanding,definitely not immediately.

I was one of the people that honestly went into TFA expecting the OT trio to be the main story and the new characters to be there to support them and this was basically what I wanted.I didn't watch many promos apart from the first one and I didn't read any interviews.Looking back now I think they really made the right decision in focusing on new characters even if I'm not equally invested in all of them.It's a better story than I was imagining.I even like the choice to kill Han the way they did and I absolutely hated it after TFA.

In a way I do get Mark and I don't think he's trying to stir up drama or hate for the ST,he seems genuinely attached to Luke but it's also a bit annoying to me and I don't think it's a great look to constantly bring up that disappointment especially when it's obvious how it's blown out of proportion.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

@snufkin

Love this! I love you bounce
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Lazarus on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 1:48 pm

You guys will love this: https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1104793286261104640

A beautiful Reylo video posted on Star Wars Legacy account... flower
Mila Lazarus
Mila Lazarus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

@Mila Lazarus wrote:You guys will love this: https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1104793286261104640

A beautiful Reylo video posted on Star Wars Legacy account... flower
@Mila Lazarus Thank you so very much for sharing this!

Happy tears!  Absolutely love this!  Soulful beautiful!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

@Mila Lazarus

Wonderful! Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 2:45 pm

Little things like rian's mom being a reylo really gets me throughh the day Very Happy
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 3:20 pm

Adam and Keri pretty keeping cards close to their chest in a recent NY Times interview

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 45553310

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/theater/adam-driver-keri-russell-burn-this-star-wars.html
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 4:16 pm

@snufkin

god bless that woman Smile
if anyone knows her, please invite her here, she's more than welcome , maybe it's her that inspired the scenes reylo eh eh

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 4:21 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@thescavenger

Eek with technology. lol  I don't see it, I see it as @rianjohnson, and I am looking at his verified account.  To be more certain, I looked at his liked tweets, and I don't see it as one of them.  Oh well. haha lol

Rian's Instagram account is with the C, Rian's Twitter is without the C Very Happy The picture was on Instagram, not Twitter, and it was liked by Rian's verified account.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 4:43 pm

@Forsythia wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@thescavenger

Eek with technology. lol  I don't see it, I see it as @rianjohnson, and I am looking at his verified account.  To be more certain, I looked at his liked tweets, and I don't see it as one of them.  Oh well. haha lol

Rian's Instagram account is with the C, Rian's Twitter is without the C Very Happy The picture was on Instagram, not Twitter, and it was liked by Rian's verified account.
@Forsythia

OohhhHHHHhhh  I noticed the controversy about what Mark mentioned on Twitter, so presumed ALL was Twitter.  lol Thank you for clarifying! Smile

@thescavenger Upon review, I see you typed IG, but it went over my head, under my radar because I don't use Instagram. lol Plus, I am an old lady, and probably need reading glasses. OK, I do, but I refuse! My apologies!

I hope this is an indication that behind the scenes, with LF, etc, all is well, yet I remain extremely uncomfortable that the trolls use it to their benefit. I hope they regret that decision because Mark is trolling them (And us too, teasing a Harrison appearance in IX). Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 6:24 pm

@rey09 wrote:Little things like rian's mom being a reylo really gets me throughh the day Very Happy
@rey09

I know! Hearing that momma Johnson is a Reylo warms my heart! It is the cutest thing! 

It reminds me of how there are a lot of people out there who are intrigued by the Rey and Kylo dynamic, but don’t know about “Reylo.”

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 44 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum