Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 14 Mar 2019, 4:27 pm

@californiagirl

the first thing I noticed that poster of episode VII was the light placed on Kylo's heart, and I thought it was strange that a villain had light right there. Only then did I see Rey's lightsaber and weapon perfectly aligned Smile
in addition the two lightsabers form a triangle
it may have some meaning Smile
still today there is so much material to speculate on eh eh

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 4:04 pm

Razz

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree447
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 4:09 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 5:15 pm

@Moonlight13
i really don't understand.... Confus

surely they will make sparks, unfortunately I cannot come, but one day I want to see it
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:18 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Bless whichever person on Twitter noticed the parallels between the new live action Aladdin poster and the TFA poster. Most of Disney's posters look really similar, there's one PR department for the studio and they have their style and templates, but this one's uncanny. Kylo's in the love interest princess spot, lol.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 D1dw8c10

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 D1dw8810
@californiagirl
Another parallel between TFA and Aladdin  Laughing :
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Tumblr_polcmu85qe1qzhf3uo1_400Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Tumblr_polcmu85qe1qzhf3uo2_400

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Tumblr_polcmu85qe1qzhf3uo4_400Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Tumblr_polcmu85qe1qzhf3uo3_400
Source: http://cody-fern.tumblr.com/post/183554865851
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 5:36 pm

No sleepover at Celebration this year. Sad

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree123
https://twitter.com/TD2187/status/1108448701410889728

It will be a lottery based entry for the panels, no overnight queuing.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 CqF7Px3

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 5:42 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:No sleepover at Celebration this year. Sad

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree123
https://twitter.com/TD2187/status/1108448701410889728

It will be a lottery based entry for the panels, no overnight queuing.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 CqF7Px3
@Darth Rowan

What a bummer! I didn’t do any sleepover/overnight queuing at the last Celebration, but it seemed to be part of the experience people really enjoyed. I regretted not doing it. 

I wonder what made them put a stop to it?

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 5:49 pm

Maybe they’ve done it because of health and safety and to make it fairer ? ie some people won’t be able to queue all night due to health or disabilities . At least with a lottery system it’s random. That’s interesting they’ve chosen to do this . I wonder too if they had complaints last time?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 5:59 pm

Here is an update for anyone using will call to pick up their tickets.

Daniel Kennedy is an event coordinator at LF:
https://twitter.com/DanielKennedyDK/status/1108415855849725952
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree126
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree127

@Kessel wrote:
What a bummer! I didn’t do any sleepover/overnight queuing at the last Celebration, but it seemed to be part of the experience people really enjoyed. I regretted not doing it. 

I wonder what made them put a stop to it?
@Kessel

I loved the experience of the sleepover last time, even though I went so unprepared. It really sucks we won't get to do it again, booo I say. Boo.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 8:53 pm

I wonder if security is a reason for this change. After all, KK will be at the IX Panel, and she has received threats. They were from the vocal minority, yet threats are threats, and I will not be surprised that in the submission for attendance to the panel for IX, a revealing of information will be needed for a security clearance check. Not certain if the computer chooses randomly first, and security clearances from there; or everyone is initially checked - those there are a concern about are removed from consideration, and then the remainder are randomly selected by computer.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:44 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I wonder if security is a reason for this change. After all, KK will be at the IX Panel, and she has received threats. They were from the vocal minority, yet threats are threats, and I will not be surprised that in the submission for attendance to the panel for IX, a revealing of information will be needed for a security clearance check. Not certain if the computer chooses randomly first, and security clearances from there; or everyone is initially checked - those there are a concern about are removed from consideration, and then the remainder are randomly selected by computer.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

That's a thought. Also I read somewhere that the ground rules for McCormick Place, the venue for Celebration, due not permit overnight queuing which is why a lot of people speculated that there would be a lottery for big panels as soon as the location was announced.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 21 Mar 2019, 9:59 am

This was an interesting inclusion in Scott's (from Forbes) most recent column.  Nothing to do with IX, based on the title, I'm just reading it, and had to do a double-take. lol  Bold done by me

"Barring more reveals today and tomorrow, we'll have to wait until Saturday to see if Benicio Del Toro's Swiper the Fox will live up to both parts of his name and inspire the kind of online thirst afforded to Josh Brolin's Thanos, Tom Hardy's Venom and Marwan Kenzari's Jafar. You laugh, but that has actually been one of Disney's little secrets in the last few years.

Think the social media-friendly villains for Star Wars (Adam Driver's Kylo Ren) and the MCU (Tom Hiddleston's Loki, Michael B. Jordan's Killmonger, etc.) that play hard to the female gaze.
Some of that is just the source material (or characters in the MCU who had already been established when Disney bought Marvel and took over the MCU from Paramount, but every little bit helps in terms of pushing a given biggie to the forefront of pop culture. Yes, getting more female baddies like Cate Blanchett's Hela in Thor: Ragnarok is also a step in the right direction if you know what I mean..."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/03/21/dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-benicio-del-toro-isabela-moner-poster-michael-pena-paramount/#3eee4a8e29c0
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 21 Mar 2019, 10:04 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I wonder if security is a reason for this change.  After all, KK will be at the IX Panel, and she has received threats.  They were from the vocal minority, yet threats are threats, and I will not be surprised that in the submission for attendance to the panel for IX, a revealing of information will be needed for a security clearance check.  Not certain if the computer chooses randomly first, and security clearances from there; or everyone is initially checked - those there are a concern about are removed from consideration, and then the remainder are randomly selected by computer.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

That's a thought. Also I read somewhere that the ground rules for McCormick Place, the venue for Celebration, due not permit overnight queuing which is why a lot of people speculated that there would be a lottery for big panels as soon as the location was announced.
@Darth Rowan

Mmmm...based on that, I am then curious if the selection of Chicago, especially McCormick Place was due to security.  It's the unfortunate reality today, especially with the vitriol that LF has received about the ST.  They are determined to look at the positive majority, and celebrate the fans, and have fun, and they are to be applauded for that!  Meanwhile though, they had to acknowledge the sad reality thanks to the vocal minority, and I think that maybe...they way they did that, without verbally saying anything was with these choices, which helps to increase security, and the protection of the positive majority of fans, and the employees of LF (especially KK).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Thu 21 Mar 2019, 7:37 pm

For people keeping an eye on Celebration panels/lotteries:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree133
Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/DanielKennedyDK/status/1108812812480995328
Link to SW page: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-chicago-lightspeed

The gist is: to participate in the panel lottery you'll need your email or confirmation code given to you at the time of your badge purchase, not the actual badge itself.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 22 Mar 2019, 1:16 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:For people keeping an eye on Celebration panels/lotteries:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree133
Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/DanielKennedyDK/status/1108812812480995328
Link to SW page: https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-chicago-lightspeed

The gist is: to participate in the panel lottery you'll need your email or confirmation code given to you at the time of your badge purchase, not the actual badge itself.
@Darth Rowan

Thanks! I will try to get in, too bad about the overnight queue it was fun.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 22 Mar 2019, 3:43 pm

Mark Hamill was on Jimmy Kimmel. Nothing new. More hints that Luke will be bearded in IX. I am just amazed by how he is sitting. I have bad knees especially the left one and I can only dream turning it out like that.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 3:10 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@Darth Rowan wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I wonder if security is a reason for this change.  After all, KK will be at the IX Panel, and she has received threats.  They were from the vocal minority, yet threats are threats, and I will not be surprised that in the submission for attendance to the panel for IX, a revealing of information will be needed for a security clearance check.  Not certain if the computer chooses randomly first, and security clearances from there; or everyone is initially checked - those there are a concern about are removed from consideration, and then the remainder are randomly selected by computer.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

@Darth Rowan

Mmmm...based on that, I am then curious if the selection of Chicago, especially McCormick Place was due to security.  It's the unfortunate reality today, especially with the vitriol that LF has received about the ST.  They are determined to look at the positive majority, and celebrate the fans, and have fun, and they are to be applauded for that!  Meanwhile though, they had to acknowledge the sad reality thanks to the vocal minority, and I think that maybe...they way they did that, without verbally saying anything was with these choices, which helps to increase security, and the protection of the positive majority of fans, and the employees of LF (especially KK).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

The tinfoil hat part of me has similarly wondered if the lottery will serve as a clearing house for those that they don't want in the room when KK and/or KMT come onstage. They will know who a lot of these people are because they went under their own names when they were berating KMT and KK. They are not going to want boos or heckling nor any "Don't taze me bro" kind.of incidents. They will miss some of course, but if there was queuing, there would be whole groups together waiting to heckle. And groups feel more comfortable with inappropriate behavior than people on their own. But if the ones who are not caught are settled in between who are not strident and just love SW, these hateful types will be a lot less brave.

Again this is tinfoil mode, but SDCC and NYCC let people camp out, but they are camping out for a variety of things. There is not a whole massive group vying for one panel who will lose their mind in a bad way when supposed "wrongdoers" come onstage.

The funny thing is that these hateful guys don't even realize that they may have killed SWC for good with their nonsense, because I won't be a bit surprised if Disney just eliminates SWC and just puts its content in their own con, D23. After all this 'we killed the Rotten Tomatoes score" for The Last Jedi and 'we killed Solo" stuff, even if their efforts only made the smallest dent, Disney is probably tired of catering to such an entitled bunch and will just throw LF in with the rest of their product line.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 10:25 am

Here's a great update for those of us going with friends or family: you can now enter the lottery system for the big panels as groups of up to 6 people.

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/Features/Panel-Reservations-and-Lotteries/
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 29 Scree138

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 12:57 pm

I can't believe how no one is talking about the Reylo and shipping panel that will happen at Celebration.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 5:20 pm

@Maria26 It's over on the SWC thread on the Maz's Castle board. Some antis are already going on about how they're going to disrupt the panel, but it's likely a lot of online bluster that doesn't actually play out anywhere but social media. Like, people aren't morally reprehensible for shipping a thing you don't like. There's a lot of other things to do besides smash someone else's fun. You could be at the TCW panel at that same time.

While we're at it, had anyone put up the entire list of panels? https://www.starwarscelebration.com/Features/Content/Panel-Schedules/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 7:36 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@Maria26 It's over on the SWC thread on the Maz's Castle board. Some antis are already going on about how they're going to disrupt the panel, but it's likely a lot of online bluster that doesn't actually play out anywhere but social media. Like, people aren't morally reprehensible for shipping a thing you don't like. There's a lot of other things to do besides smash someone else's fun. You could be at the TCW panel at that same time.

While we're at it, had anyone put up the entire list of panels? https://www.starwarscelebration.com/Features/Content/Panel-Schedules/
@californiagirl

I hope that those that choose to disrupt, at any panel, are greatly shamed. So many panels to attend, that if one is not your cup of tea, there is another one. My goodness, antis feel more threatened now. So silly and immature! lol

Meanwhile, I hope Reylos are just honey...honey vs vinegar. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 1:41 am

TBH I'm getting deeply concerned about the extent of the hatred some fans have towards TLJ.
As a long term comic book fan, I was terribly disappointed when Marvel movies decided to turn the Thor franchise into a comedy, and wrote out many of the main characters. But never in a million years would I have sent death threats to the director and star. I was horrified on discovering Rian and Kathleen had had threats made against their lives, and that Kelly had been trolled off the internet. I was originally upset, as a SW fan, at the killing of Han in TFA, but decided simply to not go and see the film. The Reylo franchise changed my mind, and I'm glad as I would have missed out on two of the best films I've seen.
I am distressed that a fan base I've been part of is stooping to such levels. Grow up guys ......please.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 4:34 am

@californiagirl wrote:@Maria26 It's over on the SWC thread on the Maz's Castle board. Some antis are already going on about how they're going to disrupt the panel, but it's likely a lot of online bluster that doesn't actually play out anywhere but social media. Like, people aren't morally reprehensible for shipping a thing you don't like. There's a lot of other things to do besides smash someone else's fun. You could be at the TCW panel at that same time.

@californiagirl

The antis aren't gonna do anything. Like usual, they're all talk. The panel was accepted by the powers behind Celebration. They deal wit it. I wouldn't worry about the antis.

Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 4:44 am

@motherofpearl1

It's easier to say that doing it, some people just can't accept change, they want the classic and this, in my opinion, on the one hand is positive on the other, there is no progress...
even I didn't accept Han's death at first, then Luke
but then I realized that it is part of the saga, there is an evolution and it is right to change things.
so I agree with you for what you said but not everyone thinks the same way, unfortunately
I remember the premiere of TLJ was a nightmare, many were pissed.
However the saga has continued his path
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum