Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 34 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rey09 on Sun 14 Apr - 13:31

@Teo oswald wrote:ahahah Daisy she said , she said!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/SteeleWars/status/1117483322828120068

Interviewer: I have to ask you. Do you know about Reylo and are you one? Daisy: I do know about Reylo wrote:
@Teo oswald

ugh asking her if she's a reylo is gonna give us heartbreak XD she'd never admit to it
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 14 Apr - 13:38

@rey09
I know the feeling eheh ,   and it seems to me that this question has already been asked to her in the past
maybe at the end of the film they will ask her again this question and maybe we will know our answer haha
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 14 Apr - 14:35

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 34 E1c66a10

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 34 A72d9810

I’m real hopeful this is a good sign... and maybe Kylo smiles more too Wink ?

https://twitter.com/abc7george/status/1117166097160134656?s=21
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 14 Apr - 14:58

omg does that mean we get more rey and kylo bickering like an old couple bounce bounce bounce
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 14 Apr - 14:59

She could also be smiling because of Resistance pew-pew stuff. Since they're off on an adventure.

I'd love to see some banter between Rey and Ben though.

I need an in-depth Adam interview so bad. Let's hope we get one.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 14 Apr - 15:15

I feel so bad about Kylo. Not only he is unhappy and miserable within the story, misunderstood and hated by half the audience, but for years his story is kept hidden from discussion and treated as a mystery by the creators. Not even the actor who interprets him is allowed to talk openly about him, and this lasts for years. He is barely visible in the TLJ documentary. Now Kylo's face is an open spoiler, he is marketed as masked again, he is so conspicuously absent from the celebration, only alluded to. I know Adam avoids it anyways, but couldn't they send him their regards at the panel? I didn't like how he was objectified by Colbert, the way they talked about his body without him being present... I was sad a little. So much talking about Finn and Poe, so little about Ben.
Poor baby. Both Kylo as a character, and Adam as an actor, deserve to be celebrated so, so much in 2020 SWC.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 14 Apr - 18:38

@MaddieDove wrote:I feel so bad about Kylo. Not only he is unhappy and miserable within the story, misunderstood and hated by half the audience, but for years his story is kept hidden from discussion and treated as a mystery by the creators. Not even the actor who interprets him is allowed to talk openly about him, and this lasts for years. He is barely visible in the TLJ documentary. Now Kylo's face is an open spoiler, he is marketed as masked again, he is so conspicuously absent from the celebration, only alluded to. I know Adam avoids it anyways, but couldn't they send him their regards at the panel? I didn't like how he was objectified by Colbert, the way they talked about his body without him being present... I was sad a little. So much talking about Finn and Poe, so little about Ben.
Poor baby. Both Kylo as a character, and Adam as an actor, deserve to be celebrated so, so much in 2020 SWC.
@MaddieDove

MY SAME FEELING! *high five* I love Kylo's character so much and he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Nobody thinks him bad*** despite he killing his mentor and becoming the supreme leader. Just because Rey beaten him, when he wasn't even trying to win over her. And he is obviously one of the protagonists, but they keep hiding him. I hate this. Evil or Very Mad
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Sun 14 Apr - 19:03

@MaddieDove

I feel you, but I unfortunately think it's par for the course for morally ambiguous or grey characters to receive this type of treatment and controversy. I've seen it across many fandoms, from movies to books to video games, etc.

Kylo gets a lot of hate, but he has a lot of love too. There are many, many people--even those who hate the ST--who acknowledge Adam as one of the best actors to grace the SW films. He plays the most intense and thought-provoking character in the ST, and he's an important part of the story; that's going to get a lot of people talking, even if the marketing isn't too focused on Kylo. (Although the official TLJ trailer had him appearing a good amount; maybe it'll be similar for the TROS trailer?)

Plus, Kylo is a walking spoiler. It sucks that so much has to be kept secret, but I'm sure it'll be a big relief to finally hear the cast speak openly once TROS premieres.

Even so, I empathize because Kylo--along with Rey--is the main reason why I'm watching the ST. Even with Rey, as much as I love her, it's mainly her dynamic with Kylo that I find interesting. I'll be straight-up and say that I don't care much for the Resistance, Poe, or Finn. Rose was one of the new characters that charmed me, but I'm still way more invested in Kylo above everyone else. I tend to be pessimistic in real life, but I have a good feeling that TROS will have a spectacular story for him.
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 14 Apr - 19:12

Kylo will get the hell of love and cult treatment in 5-15 years. There won't be any character from ST who will be still popular and relevant in the future as he.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGiMarie on Sun 14 Apr - 19:20

@MaddieDove

I totally agree!!!  I understand he's a walking spoiler, but I hate how they keep Kylo hidden from all these events; it just gives ammunition to those that believe Kylo isn't an important character or that it is right to dismiss him.  it's so frustrating to me being a huge fan of kylo.  and, in my opinion, that was a weird moment during the panel at SWC   It was hard to believe they were mocking him/his body.  KK and JJ even were laughing.  I thought it would have been best to shut it down with "I thought he looked great" and just leave it at that.  He is so critical of himself so it seemed like it was an odd thing to discuss.  I think Adam deserves a lot of praise for his portrayal of Kylo and perhaps that would have been a better thing to discuss at SWC.
GiGiMarie
GiGiMarie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 14 Apr - 19:41

I don't think they were mocking him, it's more the whole Reylo thing, and the fact that shirtless Kylo became a whole thing unto itself. I didn't get the impression they were making fun of or degrading him, but more of a slightly juvenile "tee hee, Kylo is half naked!"
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 14 Apr - 19:44

@californiagirl wrote:I don't think they were mocking him, it's more the whole Reylo thing, and the fact that shirtless Kylo became a whole thing unto itself. I didn't get the impression they were making fun of or degrading him, but more of a slightly juvenile "tee hee, Kylo is half naked!"
@californiagirl

About this, I agree with you. I didn't feel they were mocking him. It was more for fun, as you said, "yay, Kylo is shirtless".
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 14 Apr - 19:56

@Atenais wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:I don't think they were mocking him, it's more the whole Reylo thing, and the fact that shirtless Kylo became a whole thing unto itself. I didn't get the impression they were making fun of or degrading him, but more of a slightly juvenile "tee hee, Kylo is half naked!"
@californiagirl

About this, I agree with you. I didn't feel they were mocking him. It was more for fun, as you said, "yay, Kylo is shirtless".
@Atenais

Colbert said something like, “Let’s sell some tickets right now” when he asks whether there will be half-naked Kylo in IX. It’s definitely not mockery. The whole panel had a lot of sexual innuendo, including about Finn and Lando.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 14 Apr - 23:02

I have been a SW fan for over forty years. Han Solo was always my favourite. But Kylo is now my favourite. He is the most layered, complicated character in the SW universe, and Adam's portrayal of him is perfect.
The ST is at its best when he's on screen, and at its most electric when he is interacting with Rey. The other characters are interesting largely due to the likeability and talent of the actors, even Rey. Kylo is utterly magnetic, thanks to both the character and the actor playing him.
I never thought I'd think this - but at the end of TLJ I almost hated Rey when she slammed the door in his face. It was, according to Rian''s voiceover, supposed to show her strength. Instead she came across as lofty and judgemental, while Kylo appeared like someone who'd had his heart broken. And that's Adam.

I never thought the day would come when I felt more sympathy for the supposed villain than the heroes on a SW film!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 14 Apr - 23:48

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@californiagirl

@Atenais

Colbert said something like, “Let’s sell some tickets right now” when he asks whether there will be half-naked Kylo in IX.  It’s definitely not mockery.  The whole panel had a lot of sexual innuendo, including about Finn and Lando.
@Lily Snape

Yes, but the difference was that those actors were there and could own these jokes. Imagine it was an actress with, say, great chest, and it was alluded to joyfully without her being present, as the only thing where she was mentioned. I know it's no mockery and everything was said in good spirit, but I felt it was not fully appropriate. I would much more like that someone followed with a cheer to Adam's great acting, so that the audience can celebrate his talent and his complex character with a thunderous applause.  Wink
I know the time for open celebration will come afterwards, and it will be glorious, just it's so frustrating now!
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 15 Apr - 0:09

GUYS GUYS GUYS VIDEO OF KYLO REN WALKING IN THE DESERT! THE AUDIENCE WENT WILD!!!

https://twitter.com/thisdeadbird/status/1116903613656371200

tumblr-twitter
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Apr - 0:47

If anyone doubts Kylo's popularity, then the screams at that scene in the video wipes those doubts away!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 15 Apr - 1:11

@Teo oswald
This is great to hear !!! Very Happy
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGiMarie on Mon 15 Apr - 6:36

@californiagirl

you are right; it was mostly done in good humor. I was referring to the laughter in response to Colbert's does he wax his chest question. Adam has gotten so much flak about the appearance of his body in that scene that it just rubbed me the wrong way that there was a joke about the appearance of his body during the panel. Perhaps if he had been there to take part in the joke, i would see it differently. I am probably just being too sensitive to the issue.
GiGiMarie
GiGiMarie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Apr - 7:45

I understand where you're coming from - I know zilch about Adam's childhood but I wouldn't be surprised if he was bullied.

I was bullied as a kid, they never laid a hand on me but their cruel words did a different kind of damage. And it wasn't just school kids, but teachers.
Yes, they were teasing....but teasing can turn nasty very quickly.
I personally think he's beautiful.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 15 Apr - 7:59

@Teo oswald wrote:GUYS GUYS GUYS VIDEO OF KYLO REN WALKING IN THE DESERT! THE AUDIENCE WENT WILD!!!

https://twitter.com/thisdeadbird/status/1116903613656371200

tumblr-twitter
@Teo oswald

I'm not ashamed to admit that if I was there I would be one of the fangirls screaming my lungs out. XD

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I have been a SW fan for over forty years. Han Solo was always my favourite. But Kylo is now my favourite. He is the most layered, complicated character in the SW universe, and Adam's portrayal of him is perfect.
The ST is at its best when he's on screen, and at its most electric when he is interacting with Rey. The other characters are interesting largely due to the likeability and talent of the actors, even Rey. Kylo is utterly magnetic, thanks to both the character and the actor playing him.
I never thought I'd think this - but at the end of TLJ I almost hated Rey when she slammed the door in his face. It was, according to Rian''s voiceover, supposed to show her strength. Instead she came across as lofty and judgemental,  while Kylo appeared like someone who'd had his heart broken. And that's Adam.

I never thought the day would come when I felt more sympathy for the supposed villain than the heroes on a SW film!
@motherofpearl1

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 34 Giphy
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 16 Apr - 2:46

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I understand where you're coming from - I know zilch about Adam's childhood but I wouldn't be surprised if he was bullied.

I was bullied as a kid, they never laid a hand on me but their cruel words did a different kind of damage. And it wasn't just school kids, but teachers.
Yes, they were teasing....but teasing can turn nasty very quickly.
I personally think he's beautiful.
@motherofpearl1

I was quietly bullied throughout my childhood and adolescence. I guess some of us just set people off LOL?

My take is that Stephen Colbert really likes Adam, and this was goodnatured ribbing. It may have come off a bit strange and possibly hurtful, but I think it was done with love from all the people involved. Again, just my take. I may be wrong.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 16 Apr - 12:57

More prequel parallels.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 34 Inkeds37
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost