Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 11 May 2019, 2:12 pm

@DarthRen

DarthRen!!!!! Welcome back!!! We missed you!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by californiagirl on Sat 11 May 2019, 2:22 pm

People are going to complain that JJ retconned TLJ, while also complaining he didn't retcon TLJ. Some corners will applaud him for one or the other of those things.

Didn't George say there's nothing they can do to make everyone happy even before they made TFA? Which is why some of the marketing is a bit annoying, but filmmakers and advertisers are often pretty separate from each other (remember when they barely made any Rey toys?).

The utter lack of faith or trust in the directors or studio to have a shred of integrity, from both the media and the audience, is one of the most tragic aspects of this entire experience. Even JJ, Rian, KK, the story group, the actors, Iger, and literally everyone involved comes out after TROS and gives a tell-all, people are still going to think they're lying, or they tricked everyone, and it's all very silly and insulting to both the creators and the viewers that understood what was going on the whole time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 29 May 2019, 9:31 pm

~3 min long video of the outside and inside of Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities at Galaxy's Edge. With the sculptures, etc, I wonder if there are not only easter eggs, yet hints about plot, lore, and maybe weird awesomeness in TROS.

I hope guesses, theories, etc are relayed from what is seen! Very Happy

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 4:42 am

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 6:07 am

@AhsokaTano

not that I would mind that being true- but...uh, why? scratch
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 7:27 am

@AhsokaTano

It doesn't sound like one of the two people afraid of her would have said, "Ill come back for you, Sweetheart."  That still needs to be explained for me.  Otherwise, that's not a bad explanation of her origins, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like that.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 7:43 am

@AhsokaTano
Yeah, that is definitely some crack. It adds nothing to the story, but makes it more convoluted too.

Seriously, if they wanted someone so intimately tied to the Sith, she’d be Palpatine’s vat-grown daughter not the clone of some random Sith Lord no one’s heard of before now.

That’s the number one tell with “crack.” It caters to deep lore conspiracy nuts, but doesn’t do a thing to move the actual story forward.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 9:50 am

cloning, reincarnation and time travel are not gonna happen. FAF who post these things always forget that movies are made for GA, not for EU enthusiasts who understand this type of complicated plot.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 10:17 am

@vaderito wrote:cloning, reincarnation and time travel are not gonna happen. FAF who post these things always forget that movies are made for GA, not for EU enthusiasts who understand this type of complicated plot.
@vaderito

Indeed - all three - cloning, reincarnation and time travel - there is no way. The GA will only be intrigued about one of them.

The Art of book cover seems to indicate a World Between Worlds influence (or involvement), so maybe a form of time travel is involved; however, that will be the extent of it. (Saying this as a former GA member myself - Reylo hooked me Very Happy) If anything, the summary/synopsis - concluding the saga, all IX films will be present is maybe a wink about a form of time travel. The emphasis of generations (Luke's words heard during the teaser) shrugs off clones and reincarnation in my honest opinion. Smile

My goodness, EU enthusiasts really do love cloning, huh? lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 10:42 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Indeed - all three - cloning, reincarnation and time travel - there is no way. The GA will only be intrigued about one of them.

The Art of book cover seems to indicate a World Between Worlds influence (or involvement), so maybe a form of time travel is involved; however, that will be the extent of it. (Saying this as a former GA member myself - Reylo hooked me Very Happy) If anything, the summary/synopsis - concluding the saga, all IX films will be present is maybe a wink about a form of time travel. The emphasis of generations (Luke's words heard during the teaser) shrugs off clones and reincarnation in my honest opinion. Smile

My goodness, EU enthusiasts really do love cloning, huh? lol
@SW_Heroine_Journey

World Between Worlds wasn't time travel in a classic sense. so that one is borderline case.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 1:27 pm

@Chris24601 wrote:Yeah, that is definitely some crack. It adds nothing to the story, but makes it more convoluted too.

Seriously, if they wanted someone so intimately tied to the Sith, she’d be Palpatine’s vat-grown daughter not the clone of some random Sith Lord no one’s heard of before now.

That’s the number one tell with “crack.” It caters to deep lore conspiracy nuts, but doesn’t do a thing to move the actual story forward.
@Chris24601

@vaderito wrote:cloning, reincarnation and time travel are not gonna happen. FAF who post these things always forget that movies are made for GA, not for EU enthusiasts who understand this type of complicated plot.
@vaderito wrote:World Between Worlds wasn't time travel in a classic sense. so that one is borderline case.
@vaderito
Approves
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 4:54 pm

Gosh I know we don’t believe in mike zeroh but his fake “leaks “ lately make me really hope his version of events come true and the latest one is like the icing on the cake.
Ben’s son with Rey running up to him and Ben is in Jedi robes- that this is a vision of the future and he’s holding a device in his chambers that he took from Luke ( the compass maybe ????maybe the compass is going to be like the resurrection stone in Harry Potter ???).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9i2oYX69I
A lot of his leaks are like this lately . Better than the MSW ones lol! He talks about Han having a secret but the secret is co- ordinates to the prime Jedi tower that Luke gave him years before . The tower is interesting because it ties up with tarot . And this tower is where truths are revealed . That kind of seems weird to me that mike would know this about tarot but hey we just don’t know what’s real or not lately.
Anyway it’s all crack until proven otherwise .

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 6:13 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Gosh I know we don’t believe in mike zeroh but his fake “leaks “ lately make me really hope his version of events come true and the latest one is like the icing on the cake.
Ben’s son with Rey running up to him and Ben is in Jedi robes- that this is a vision of the future and he’s holding a device in his chambers that he took from Luke ( the compass maybe ????maybe the compass is going to be like the resurrection stone in Harry Potter ???).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9i2oYX69I
A lot of his leaks are like this lately . Better than the MSW ones lol! He talks about Han having a secret but the secret is co- ordinates to the prime Jedi tower that Luke gave him years before . The tower is interesting because it ties up with tarot . And this tower is where truths are revealed . That kind of seems weird to me that mike would know this about tarot but hey we just don’t know what’s real or not lately.
Anyway it’s all crack until proven otherwise .

@AhsokaTano

Well, we do believe in redemption arcs Wink Very Happy

Also, I agree, best to view it all as crack, until reliable information is revealed about the plot, which will not happen until after the premiere - that will probably be Monday, December 16th. (I doubt there will be press screenings prior to 12/16, they will combine that aspect with the premiere event.) After that, the plot will be known, and I admit it - I will want to know (I will seek it out) because I'm too involved/invested! (However, I promise - I won't reveal what I discover!) Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 6:32 pm

I figure a leak is definitely crack when it focuses on Rey's lineage. I think they answered that question for the most part. The focus now is on the relationship between Rey and Kylo in the movie.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm

Yeah she's not a clone. Even if Lucas has toyed around with the idea of clones, starting with the original version of Lando, he also got laughed at during the PT for that being part of "mumbo jumbo" which led to midichlorians. If you were talking about a film like Blade Runner* , then sure clones would work because Phillip K. D*ck's themes were about consciousness, identity, and what it means to be human. But those aren't the themes of the ST and while the ST has dared to get weird with elements like the Force Bond, they're not going to have Rey turn out to be the original idea for Lando (clone who struggles with being sad/alone).

Otherwise, they're doing something to resolve what happened with her parents as part of her growing up/coming to terms with the truth that is her family. No idea though I'd guess it will have to dovetail with Ben coming to term/forgiving his family. Maybe her parents got into trouble with their junk business and found something on Jakku which ended up getting them killed and her abandoned. Or maybe it's just she's able to recognize that they were human, made mistakes, and that she can't allow that to hold her back from living her life the way it did on Jakku. Which not coincidentally IMO will play into "explore that dynamic further" when it comes to her relationship with Ben. That part of why she cuts off the bond and leaves him behind is that she wasn't going to get trapped in a bad situation he created the way she was trapped by what her parents did.

*which has a certain parallel to the ST in that Deckard's empathy and relationship with Rachel is sparked by knowing the memories Tyrell planted in her mind and seeing her emotional breakdown when she finally has to face the truth. Part of what happens in TFA is that Ben snooped around in her memories under the pretext of needing the map information but actually sensing that she had something else going on, which turned out to be what happened with her parents when she was 5. And that shades his behavior towards her because he empathizes/identifies with it, which in turn changes the path he's on.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 12:19 am

This is interesting, Disney embracing the antihero

"The main gallery will be broken into three sections: “Disney Heroes,” “Disney Villains,” and “Spaces Between,” reserved for the antiheroes whose fascinating journeys make them among Disney’s most complex characters."

https://d23.com/disneys-most-stunning-costumes-coming-to-d23-expo-2019-in-brand-new-walt-disney-archives-exhibit/

Bob Iger mentioning "Romantic Fantasy" and this upcoming exhibition at D23 and book for costumes, which is highlighting antiheroes and their "fascinating journey" and they are "complex character"...(sips tea), Disney is pretty much saying Reylo and Bendemption are part of Disney's storytelling history, what do you mean it's controversial? Very Happy haha Probably too soon for Ben to be in the antihero section of the D23 exhibition and book, yet this is squee fun! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

Excellent emphasis on balance - fantastic hints with what we may see in TROS - Definitely expands upon the "generations" mention - it seems Luke is talking to Ben and Rey because they did this - cannot wait to see how JJ visually presents this!

Saw this on https://corseque.tumblr.com/ - Copy and Paste of the entire entry https://corseque.tumblr.com/post/185379054792 - I will add, you hear the Bendu part at ~17 min 25 sec

"Anonymous asked: Did you see at Galaxy's Edge that when two holocrons, a sith and a jedi, are put together an entity known as Bendu starts speaking about combining the knowledge of dark and light. You can see it on the WDW News Today youtube video about holocrons towards the end. I don't know much about the animated TV series but I thought this was very interesting to add the idea of blending dark and light together

That is very interesting! I hadn’t looked at the holocrons before…

“If two such powerful sources of knowledge are united, they will grant a clarity of vision beyond your kind. When joined, any secret, wisdom or destiny can be seen through the Force. One could bring much chaos with such hidden truths.”

This reminds me of the audio play that just came out called “Dooku: Jedi Lost” - in it, a few Jedi perform an “ancient balance ritual” that involves ritualistically and medutatively wrapping your forearms in arm wraps (like Rey has). The chant that goes along with this balance ritual says:

Light, Dark and Balance True One is no greater then the others Together they unite, restore, center and renew We walk into the Light Acknowledge the Dark And find balance within ourselves
For the Force is strong

I think there’s pathways being formed for a way in the middle, a field “outside ideas of rightdoing and wrongdoing” where the characters will meet to find lasting understanding. Yin and yang."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 9:19 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
This is exciting ! Thanks for posting . The Bendu from Rebels -the one in the middle , the balance ! Yaay! I’d heard about the holocrons reacting to each other on Twitter a few days ago but not what was actually said . That’s amazing .
Also am listening to the Dooku Jedi Lost audiobook at the moment ( it’s great!). I look forward to hearing about the ancient balance ritual . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 9:38 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
This is exciting ! Thanks for posting . The Bendu from Rebels -the one in the middle , the balance ! Yaay! I’d heard about the holocrons reacting to each other on Twitter a few days ago but not what was actually said . That’s amazing .
Also am listening to the Dooku Jedi Lost audiobook at the moment ( it’s great!). I look forward to hearing about the ancient balance ritual . Smile
@AhsokaTano

Me too! OMG - I am having tingles with wondering/imagining how JJ will bring it to life in TROS!

The Force tried so many angles to succeed with uniting the powerful sources of knowledge, and all did not succeed - the one with the greatest chance of success is romantic love! Which emphasizes why Reylo is extraordinary on so many levels! It came close with Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress, yet failed (my theory - they both had too much darkness, not enough light - ironically Asajj Ventress had the most - considering Quinlan was the Jedi - but I think that is why he could not resurrect her when she sacrificed herself to save him and everyone else - he was too broken).

In this circumstance, there will be more light than darkness, yet an embracing/acceptance of the shadow. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:17 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYZ8pizpNA

Ok I know it’s mike zeroh but it sounds like he’s either been reading my prediction theories on here ( connecting Star Wars to marvel and that Disney are on some epic story telling project - project luminous to tell the story of the soul through death and underworld and connecting Star Wars, marvel , even their other films like wrinkle in time and Aladdin , beauty and the beast to tell the story of good versus evil , the ultimate fight for the human soul using archetypes ) and in tarot thread ( the tower revelations I mentioned before )or maybe just maybe he’s got someone genuine on the inside for once . Am putting this in crack for now.

Mike zeroh describes the flash fight being like the fights in dr strange which we kind of had the beginnings of in TLJ with the fight between Luke and Kylo/Ben. Matrix like /inception like . Not quite real .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 1:21 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYZ8pizpNA

Ok I know it’s mike zeroh but it sounds like he’s either been reading my prediction theories on here ( connecting Star Wars to marvel and that Disney are on some epic story telling project - project luminous to tell the story of the soul through death and underworld and connecting Star Wars, marvel , even their other films like wrinkle in time and Aladdin , beauty and the beast to tell the story of good versus evil , the ultimate fight for the human soul using archetypes   ) and in tarot thread ( the tower revelations I mentioned before )or maybe just maybe he’s got someone genuine on the inside for once . Am putting this in crack for now.

Mike zeroh describes the flash fight being like the fights in dr strange which we kind of had the beginnings of in TLJ with the fight between Luke and Kylo/Ben. Matrix like /inception like . Not quite real .
@AhsokaTano

I must admit I haven’t watched it, but I have seen the idea of linking SW to Marvel a few times. Maybe I misunderstand it, but I don’t believe SW will ever be connected with Marvel outside of common themes and easter eggs. Apart from putting all your eggs in one basket not being the smartest move and the Galaxy far far away being big enough to inspire many stories, they would alienate part of the SW fandom. Me included. Besides, KK said the following in the last VF, using Marvel as a counterexample. I am pretty sure PH and MM also made comments in the past that SW is not Marvel and one should not expect to have 20 movies coming out in a short period of time. If they use Marvel as the example not to follow to further develop SW, I doubt they will make the franchises cross over each other.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 22 Fe776410
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:25 pm

Yeah, the biggest argument against some sort of massive, cross genre unification of stories is simply that giant multinationals simply do NOT put all their eggs in one basket... EVER. The reason Disney wanted Marvel and Pixar and Lucasfilm and ABC and FOX is specifically so that no one thing can kill it.

Can you imagine what Disney would be doing right now if Endgame had turned out like Dark Phoenix? Now imagine if you’d also made Star Wars part of that same universe so they both get dragged down by what I’m sure whoever in charge thought was a good idea at the time.

Short version; anyone in Disney who suggested merging Marvel and Star Wars would have been summarily fired for gross incompetence. I realize that this is some fans’ dream... but it will NEVER happen and I think you’ll be less disappointed in the long run to let go of the theory now rather than keep lying to yourself that it’s going to happen any time now.

In the end it will always be about the money and there is no money to be made and a ton to potentially be lost going that route... and that’s really all there is to it.

ETA: I also went and looked up details on Project Luminous. There’s not much officially known, but it’s entirely self-contained Lucasfilm so while it may be multimedia (film, television, books, computer games) it’s NOT anything that stretches beyond Star Wars proper.

It’s also not launching until 2020 so it has nothing to do TRoS and is probably going to be whatever their filler projects are for the three year gap between the end of the saga films and the new films by D&D.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 2:50 pm

Just a theory guys , just a theory Smile we are here to have fun and speculate right ? Smile No harm done doing that . Am probably not expressing what I mean properly anyway - the films are self contained and stand alone but underneath the surface they are telling you another story that is subliminal about the soul that’s what I meant - you can call that Easter eggs if you like but it’s same as finding mythic elements in the storytelling or other hidden messages/metaphors/imagery. It’s just my imagination gets carried at times lol - that’s just how I am . Smile Anyway just sharing ideas and doesn’t mean it will come true in any way which is why I always say take with pinch /grain of salt . Smile I love youI love youI love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 6:10 pm

Star Wars Theory says he has the full plot leak

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 22 Tumblr_psyiysuLao1y8hadgo1_540

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 6:18 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Star Wars Theory says he has the full plot leak

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 22 Tumblr_psyiysuLao1y8hadgo1_540

@spacebaby45678

Nothing new here, to be honest - seems very consistent with various leaks we’ve had so far  Approves . How reliable have they been? Did they leak anything of significance pre-TFA or TLJ?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum