Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Warning don’t read unless you have seen toy story 4 ( as not sure how to do spoilers on this forum Sad )


Ok am glad it’s not just me that noticed this about Toy Story 4. Am almost convinced that this is part of the Rise of skywalker marketing ie that through their other works especially this year that they are prepping us for Rise of Skywalker. The villain/anti hero in this is motivated by loneliness. Did anyone notice that Gabby the villain anti hero wanted Woody for his voice box ? She wants to take what she wanted and needed without thinking of its impact but because it met her needs . Just like Kylo said he had what he needed in the forest in TFA when he put a spell on Rey to put her to sleep and carried her away. Gabby just wanting to take woody’s voice box also made me think of kylo saying he could take what he wanted in interrogation scene in TFA (yet he didn’t of course) .
There is something kylo/Ben needs - love but Rey has to give it selflessly to him just like he has to . He has to let go of his own selfish needs no matter how much he wants Rey because true Love is selfless .

Also noticed how again ( like in Aladdin with Ja’far ‘s trance voice ) that when Gabby’s broken voice box slowed down and said I love you that it sounded like kylo with modulator mask .

Bo’ reminded me of Rey complete with injured arm covered up .

And Forkie lighting up at the end when he saw female forkie made me think of kylo seeing Rey in the snow in TFA but what I found most intriguing was how forkie and female forkie both thought of themselves as trash ( thrown away like Rey and Ben by their families ) and female forkie says “ how am I alive?”. Made me think what on earth is going to happen in Rise of Skywalker?????? Are these hints of things to come ? I also liked how When asked if Woody was a lost toy , Buzz said Woody wasn’t lost anymore ( because he had found love and belonging ). I want this for Rey and Ben as they are currently two lost souls without each other .
Roll on The Lion king and Spider-Man far from home .
@AhsokaTano

Indeed! Roll on! Very Happy Not certain if it's part of TROS's marketing, yet it definitely shows that Disney doesn't have the same mindset about villains, and how they are treated, that parallels the antis and fanboys. Smile

I am most intrigued about if the antis and fanboys that demand a war crimes/criminal crime trial for Ben are "whatever" about Gabby Gabby. Their biggest reasoning is "What about the children! What message does this send to the children?!" Well, more children/kids will see Toy Story 4, versus TROS. I probably will never know, but I bet they will let it slide. lol

And it's emphasized, it doesn't matter what Gabby Gabby did in her past. I mean, wow! Forky and Woody were consumed with nothing but worry, concern, and empathy when Hannah tossed her away. And to see Gabby Gabby's feelings and actions for the lost little girl...so beautiful!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I also saw toy story 4, i really liked how they turned around gabby's story. I was not interested in seeing 4 because i thought 3 was perfect end but I was very satisfied actually by this end. It truly was about loneliness and knowing your worth. I also really admired Woody's selflessness, he's come along way since 1 where he was so jealous of buzz lol. Bo peep was def Rey haha!

And i actually thought Woody and Bo peep's end is how I imagine ben and rey have in the end. When woody is saying goodbye and goes to bo peep it was like wow they have found belonging with each other. Woody served his time as a leader but now it's time for him to have a bigger purpose for himself. I guess in this role woody = rey too. Although for rey and ben it'd be the beginning of rebuilding jedi tradition or whatever they decide to do.
@rey09

Very Happy

So excited to see the same themes in TROS, yet it is powerful to observe a romantic HEA that involves a partnership that enriches the lives of others, and not only "They lived happily ever after" in the simplest/just the two of them terms. Not only for the children that they help to win the toy prizes, yet those toys as well (to find a connection with a child, versus hanging on the prize wall), and as wise & caring mentors (parents?) for Duke Caboom, Ducky, Bunny, etc. Love it!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by rey09 on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 10:24 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Warning don’t read unless you have seen toy story 4 ( as not sure how to do spoilers on this forum  Sad   )


Ok am glad it’s not just me that noticed this about Toy Story  4. Am almost convinced that this is part of the Rise of skywalker marketing ie that through their other works especially this year that they are prepping us for Rise of Skywalker. The villain/anti hero in this is motivated by loneliness. Did anyone notice that Gabby the villain anti hero wanted Woody for his voice box ? She wants to take what she wanted and needed without thinking of its impact but because it met her needs . Just like Kylo said he had what he needed in the forest in TFA when he put a spell on Rey to put her to sleep  and carried her away. Gabby just wanting to take woody’s voice box  also made me think of kylo saying he could take what he wanted in interrogation scene in TFA (yet he didn’t of course)  .
There is something  kylo/Ben needs - love but Rey has to give it selflessly to him just like he has to . He has to let go of his own selfish needs no matter how much he wants Rey because true Love is selfless .

Also  noticed how again ( like in Aladdin with  Ja’far ‘s trance voice ) that when Gabby’s  broken voice box slowed down and said I love you that it sounded like kylo with modulator mask .

Bo’ reminded me of Rey complete with injured  arm covered up .

And Forkie lighting up at the end when he saw female forkie made me think of kylo seeing Rey in the snow in TFA but what I found most intriguing was how forkie and female forkie both thought of themselves as trash ( thrown away like Rey and Ben by their families ) and female forkie says “ how am I alive?”. Made me think what on earth is going to happen in Rise of Skywalker?????? Are these hints of things to come ? I also liked how When asked if Woody was a lost toy , Buzz said Woody  wasn’t lost anymore ( because he had found love and belonging ). I want this for Rey and Ben as they are currently two lost souls without each other .
Roll on The Lion king and Spider-Man far from home .
@AhsokaTano

Indeed! Roll on! Very Happy  Not certain if it's part of TROS's marketing, yet it definitely shows that Disney doesn't have the same mindset about villains, and how they are treated, that parallels the antis and fanboys. Smile

I am most intrigued about if the antis and fanboys that demand a war crimes/criminal crime trial for Ben are "whatever" about Gabby Gabby.  Their biggest reasoning is "What about the children! What message does this send to the children?!"  Well, more children/kids will see Toy Story 4, versus TROS.  I probably will never know, but I bet they will let it slide. lol

And it's emphasized, it doesn't matter what Gabby Gabby did in her past.  I mean, wow!  Forky and Woody were consumed with nothing but worry, concern, and empathy when Hannah tossed her away.  And to see Gabby Gabby's feelings and actions for the lost little girl...so beautiful!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I also saw toy story 4, i really liked how they turned around gabby's story. I was not interested in seeing 4 because i thought 3 was perfect end but I was very satisfied actually by this end. It truly was about loneliness and knowing your worth. I also really admired Woody's selflessness, he's come along way since 1 where he was so jealous of buzz lol. Bo peep was def Rey haha!

And i actually thought Woody and Bo peep's end is how I imagine ben and rey have in the end. When woody is saying goodbye and goes to bo peep it was like wow they have found belonging with each other. Woody served his time as a leader but now it's time for him to have a bigger purpose for himself. I guess in this role woody = rey too. Although for rey and ben it'd be the beginning of rebuilding jedi tradition or whatever they decide to do.
@rey09

Very Happy

So excited to see the same themes in TROS, yet it is powerful to observe a romantic HEA that involves a partnership that enriches the lives of others, and not only "They lived happily ever after" in the simplest/just the two of them terms.  Not only for the children that they help to win the toy prizes, yet those toys as well (to find a connection with a child, versus hanging on the prize wall), and as wise & caring mentors (parents?) for Duke Caboom, Ducky, Bunny, etc. Love it!  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

This video was very fascinating! Can def relate to rey and kylo's issues, on fear of abandonment.


rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1760
Likes : 7995
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@AhsokaTano wrote:Warning don’t read unless you have seen toy story 4 ( as not sure how to do spoilers on this forum  Sad   )


Ok am glad it’s not just me that noticed this about Toy Story  4. Am almost convinced that this is part of the Rise of skywalker marketing ie that through their other works especially this year that they are prepping us for Rise of Skywalker. The villain/anti hero in this is motivated by loneliness. Did anyone notice that Gabby the villain anti hero wanted Woody for his voice box ? She wants to take what she wanted and needed without thinking of its impact but because it met her needs . Just like Kylo said he had what he needed in the forest in TFA when he put a spell on Rey to put her to sleep  and carried her away. Gabby just wanting to take woody’s voice box  also made me think of kylo saying he could take what he wanted in interrogation scene in TFA (yet he didn’t of course)  .
There is something  kylo/Ben needs - love but Rey has to give it selflessly to him just like he has to . He has to let go of his own selfish needs no matter how much he wants Rey because true Love is selfless .

Also  noticed how again ( like in Aladdin with  Ja’far ‘s trance voice ) that when Gabby’s  broken voice box slowed down and said I love you that it sounded like kylo with modulator mask .

Bo’ reminded me of Rey complete with injured  arm covered up .

And Forkie lighting up at the end when he saw female forkie made me think of kylo seeing Rey in the snow in TFA but what I found most intriguing was how forkie and female forkie both thought of themselves as trash ( thrown away like Rey and Ben by their families ) and female forkie says “ how am I alive?”. Made me think what on earth is going to happen in Rise of Skywalker?????? Are these hints of things to come ? I also liked how When asked if Woody was a lost toy , Buzz said Woody  wasn’t lost anymore ( because he had found love and belonging ). I want this for Rey and Ben as they are currently two lost souls without each other .
Roll on The Lion king and Spider-Man far from home .
@AhsokaTano

Indeed! Roll on! Very Happy  Not certain if it's part of TROS's marketing, yet it definitely shows that Disney doesn't have the same mindset about villains, and how they are treated, that parallels the antis and fanboys. Smile

I am most intrigued about if the antis and fanboys that demand a war crimes/criminal crime trial for Ben are "whatever" about Gabby Gabby.  Their biggest reasoning is "What about the children! What message does this send to the children?!"  Well, more children/kids will see Toy Story 4, versus TROS.  I probably will never know, but I bet they will let it slide. lol

And it's emphasized, it doesn't matter what Gabby Gabby did in her past.  I mean, wow!  Forky and Woody were consumed with nothing but worry, concern, and empathy when Hannah tossed her away.  And to see Gabby Gabby's feelings and actions for the lost little girl...so beautiful!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I also saw toy story 4, i really liked how they turned around gabby's story. I was not interested in seeing 4 because i thought 3 was perfect end but I was very satisfied actually by this end. It truly was about loneliness and knowing your worth. I also really admired Woody's selflessness, he's come along way since 1 where he was so jealous of buzz lol. Bo peep was def Rey haha!

And i actually thought Woody and Bo peep's end is how I imagine ben and rey have in the end. When woody is saying goodbye and goes to bo peep it was like wow they have found belonging with each other. Woody served his time as a leader but now it's time for him to have a bigger purpose for himself. I guess in this role woody = rey too. Although for rey and ben it'd be the beginning of rebuilding jedi tradition or whatever they decide to do.
@rey09

Very Happy

So excited to see the same themes in TROS, yet it is powerful to observe a romantic HEA that involves a partnership that enriches the lives of others, and not only "They lived happily ever after" in the simplest/just the two of them terms.  Not only for the children that they help to win the toy prizes, yet those toys as well (to find a connection with a child, versus hanging on the prize wall), and as wise & caring mentors (parents?) for Duke Caboom, Ducky, Bunny, etc. Love it!  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

This video was very fascinating! Can def relate to rey and kylo's issues, on fear of abandonment.

@rey09

OMG! When I watched this video earlier today, I was tempted to share it here but hesitated. (Not sure why). Relieved you did not feel the same hesitation because I had the same thoughts: abandonment is huge with the ST, as well.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 2:01 am

SPOILERS For Toy Story 4 below :

Abandonment is totally a huge theme in Star Wars @SW_Heroine_Journey - I agree . Just some more thoughts on Toy Story - Woody and Bo also reminded me of Han and Leia as well as Rey and Ben . The cowboy with the leader of the lost toys and her independent spirit reminded me of leia as well as Rey . Moreover Woody looking after Forky was like a father looking after a child( reminded me of Han in the books with baby Ben). Forky saying to female Forky ask me anything you want like a teacher reminded me of Ben/kylo wanting to teach Rey . From an image point of view Forky is made up of blue , red and purple colours ( light, dark and balance in Star Wars ) and he seems to have something across his face - is that meant to be a scar possibly(?) and one eye is bigger than the directing us to look at his eyes because of this . Yes it’s probably me reaching as always with the imagery lol because Forky is made by a child and red and blue at the end of the day are primary colours anyway so kids are more attracted to these .Woody choosing Bo over his old family is highly significant I think and foreshadowing what we’ve all said here ie that Rey thinks she’s found her family in the resistance but will actually realise this isn’t where she belongs -just like Woody she will find her true home and that’s with with Ben. There are just so many parallels in these films.

Possible spoiler for Lion king :

So the song list for Lion king is out on Twitter ( take with pinch/grain of salt just in case though ) - see below and it includes “ He lives in you “ which is very interesting - this song is in the stage version of Lion king And in Lion king 2 not in the animated original first Lion king film. Which begs the question are we getting both Lion king films in one ? Are they going to tap into the next generation which is very interesting if they do because Kiara ( means Kira /Rey?) and Kovu ( means scar and he has a mane of hair like Adam driver and scar like kylo/Ben ) are on opposite sides only she’s the heiress to the empire and he’s the son of scar ( son of darkness to put it another way ) and they come together to reunite the kingdom.
Also” he lives in you “reminds me of luke’s Voiceover in the Rise of Skywalker trailer - a thousand generations live in you now .....


Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 949f0410
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 7c498410
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 B2fadc10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1175
Likes : 4016
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 1:32 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:SPOILERS For Toy Story 4 below :

Abandonment is totally a huge theme in Star Wars @SW_Heroine_Journey - I agree . Just some more thoughts on Toy Story - Woody and Bo also reminded me of Han and Leia as well as Rey and Ben . The cowboy with the leader of the lost toys and her independent spirit reminded me of leia as well as Rey . Moreover Woody looking after Forky was like a father looking after a child( reminded me of Han in the books with baby Ben). Forky saying to female Forky ask me anything you want like a teacher reminded me of Ben/kylo wanting to teach Rey . From an image point of view Forky is made up of blue , red and purple colours ( light, dark and balance in Star Wars ) and he seems to have something across his face - is that meant to be a scar possibly(?) and one eye is bigger than the directing us to look at his eyes because of this . Yes it’s probably me reaching as always with the imagery lol because Forky is made by a child and red and blue at the end of the day are primary colours anyway so kids are more attracted to these .Woody choosing Bo over his old family is highly significant I think and foreshadowing what we’ve all said here ie that Rey thinks she’s found her family in the resistance but will actually realise this isn’t where she belongs -just like Woody she will find her true home and that’s with with Ben. There are just so many parallels in these films.

Possible spoiler for Lion king :

So the song list for Lion king is out on Twitter ( take with pinch/grain of salt just in case though ) - see below and it includes “ He lives in you “ which is very interesting - this song is in the stage version of Lion king And in Lion king 2 not in the animated original first Lion king film. Which begs the question are we getting both Lion king films in one ? Are they going to tap into the next generation which is very interesting if they do because Kiara ( means Kira /Rey?) and Kovu ( means scar and he has a mane of hair like Adam driver and scar like kylo/Ben ) are on opposite sides only she’s the heiress to the empire and he’s the son of scar ( son of darkness to put it another way ) and they come together to reunite the kingdom.
Also” he lives in you “reminds me of luke’s Voiceover in the Rise of Skywalker trailer - a thousand generations live in you now .....


Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 9f0410
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 7c498410
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 B2fadc10
@AhsokaTano

Ok, don't think I will see TS4, TS3 gutted me. My girls and I where sitting in the theater balling our eyes out about their recently lost childhood...

However, I did go to see Aladdin which I loved... and the whole diamond in the rough motif, which of course is the jewel ( Aladdin) in the heart of the lion cave. Just like the star Regulus is the jewel in the heart of the lion. I am hoping for a sequel.. Aladdin & The King of Thieves

I have never seen Lion King on Broadway so I was not aware of the song He Lives In You.. but I will have to check it out but the new trailer adds an element of dialogue that is not in the original animation but maybe in the live stage version? I would be interested to find that out.

Rafiki.. Who are you
Simba I am nobody
Rafiki .. Everybody is somebody...

The visual parallels are there too but even better than the animation, and the trees with moss like Snoke's comic Confus Confus Could be something could be nothing.... we shall see




spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3516
Likes : 8287
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 4:35 am

@AhsokaTano

Ok, I have finally caught up with you.. You are just so full of info... Smile  He Lives in You

The song is used twice in the musical based on the film, once in each act. During the first act, it is sung by Mufasa to young Simba as "They Live in You". The lyrics were changed slightly to represent the Great Kings of the Past - reference is made to the stars from which the Great Kings of the Past are believed to watch over the world. Mufasa, during the song, shows Simba that he is never alone as there is always someone watching over him

Okay so as the TROS trailer opens up we hear Luke saying to Rey "1,000 generations live in you now", this reflects the first refrain of the They Live In You. But the second refrain, is more personal

He Lives in You". The first part of the song is subdued and sung by Rafiki and the ensemble as Rafiki summons Mufasa's spirit. Mufasa's spirit appears and instructs Simba to return home and take his rightful place as king

So obviously we have not gotten to that part of the story yet for Rey, will Obi Wan's ghost/spirit be summoned in TROS? we shall see...


Now the SuperCarlin Brothers have a great video on Lion King about Scar & Mufasa being brothers... and in their usual fast talking style they go over that. Haha! He actually identifies the Force as the Circle of Life ( we share that) #headcannon.. Even better the Carlin Brothers made a video that Simba's grandfather is actually the Constellation LEO  cheers



Into the water
Into the truth
In your reflection
He lives in you


Of course Rey sees exactly what Simba sees, just a reflection of herself/himself.

To answer your question, are we getting both Lion Kings in one... I think so yes.

Hey and have you ever noticed the resemblance between a happabore and a warthog? In TFA, the happabore does a fart at a waterhole.. just like LK..  Smile

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ozbsx43FmQ1rswy5fo2_1280
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 BelatedSandyAztecant-max-1mb


Now the first poster here to notice Lion King vibes in the current canon back in 2017 was @TheBastardofMandalore, specifically when Sabine stays behind on Mandalore to find the true ruler.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ptr3h5ZoPi1y8hadgo1_540

So Korkie is the true ruler and like Simba but this is kind of a mashup...

Blatanly ripping off Kiara & Kovu is SO something George Lucas would have done, totally out of his playbook.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3516
Likes : 8287
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm

Honestly don’t know where to put this as the majority of this interview with Daisy is about Ophelia. But towards the bottom briefly touches on her CGI scene with Leia and a hulking Adam.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/daisy-ridley-interview-ophelia-star-wars-and-more.html

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Da258a10
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 31e72210
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 044fd610
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1024
Likes : 5851
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by MaddieDove on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 7:01 pm

A young woman's story to feel like an end? I can't quite imagine it, tbh. Also, "rise" from the title has connotations of new beginnings.

Am I being paranoid about their blatantly coordinated use of the word satisfying? It's like they are trying to fill the audience heads with the message and they will do it for next six months until everyone gets it. But having both those who want Kylo to be punished, suffering and/or dead, and the Bendemptionists satisfied is not very likely to happen.

Why am I not excited by all this?
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 166
Likes : 766
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-05

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm

@MaddieDove Vague language like this really doesn't mean anything. It's just trying to reassure people, since not everyone was happy with TLJ, they've been talking like this since February. TLJ sold itself on being divisive and controversial even before it came out, and that caused resentment from very early on, with Mark in particular prepping everyone to hate certain parts of the film. They're trying the opposite here, as I'm sure they do ideally want everyone to be happy. They certainly don't want to sound defeatist when approaching the triumphant finale. Better to exude too much confidence in the audience, even if the reality will probably be a dumpster fire of bad takes (there have been several floating around online recently).

SW is so hypersecretive, especially the ST, and it's still almost 6 months away, they can't say much at all, so they have a preapproved list of the few things they can. Despite this, they've actually been a bit more open in addressing the actual main points of the movie, unlike the Rey and Luke thing they pushed for a while before TLJ. Anyway, it's up to TROS itself to convince people that this story is the correct one, thereby satisfying people.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1913
Likes : 9898
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 5:47 am

@MrsWindu

this is the sentence that stands out to me

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ptuw1iLzI41y8hadgo1_540

If I read too much into it... which of course I will do... confirmation bias and all Laughing Could this allude to someone dying and coming back to life in TROS? We shall see
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3516
Likes : 8287
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:55 am

Stupendous Wave YT channel breaks down GL's original ST ending
Luke dies killing Palps, Leia continues the Jedi order...
Are ST Kylo & Rey proxies for Luke & Leia in George's version? We shall see

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3516
Likes : 8287
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 2:21 am

Not sure where to put this as it's not necessarily a spoiler.. but I just commented in Takodana Woods to share the content of the Age of Resistance - Finn comic issue, it was released this week.
There is a Kylo sighting.. and someone who looks an awful lot like another main character.. ahem!
If you are interested see HERE.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1341
Likes : 3990
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty The Force - SW Databank

Post by DeeBee on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 5:41 am

Hi Everyone, I came across a little something I had not seen before on the star wars databank and thought I'd share..
There's a fantastic entry in the databank that is 'The Force' - For anyone fascinated with the force this is well worth exploring. It's interesting what entries the databank chose to include the gallery. They are all jumbled up and not in chronological order.
Here's the link if you are interested: https://www.starwars.com/databank/the-force

I thought this one entry in the gallery (slide 7) would be of interest here.. being full of Reylo goodness:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Kylo_a10
I may be mistaken, but I don't think I've ever seen the force connection described as a 'force link' so I found this interesting..
Also, 'snoke claimed' is an interesting choice of words!
This entry follows directly after another one about force connections (slide 6) so I'll share that one too:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Galler10
... a strong connection to someone.

Lastly, the mention and description of Ben Solo in the main page blurb (not the gallery) was interestingly put so I'll share that too..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Main_p10
this is the only 'Ben Solo' mention  - extraordinarily strong with the force and a volatile boy in desperate need of a teacher.
Interesting they chose to describe him as a 'boy' no?
I was wondering if he was a young man.. but boy makes him seem much younger..

thoughts anyone?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1341
Likes : 3990
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 10:17 am

@DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone, I came across a little something I had not seen before on the star wars databank and thought I'd share..
There's a fantastic entry in the databank that is 'The Force' - For anyone fascinated with the force this is well worth exploring. It's interesting what entries the databank chose to include the gallery. They are all jumbled up and not in chronological order.
Here's the link if you are interested: https://www.starwars.com/databank/the-force

I thought this one entry in the gallery (slide 7) would be of interest here.. being full of Reylo goodness:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Kylo_a10
I may be mistaken, but I don't think I've ever seen the force connection described as a 'force link' so I found this interesting..
Also, 'snoke claimed' is an interesting choice of words!
This entry follows directly after another one about force connections (slide 6) so I'll share that one too:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Galler10
... a strong connection to someone.

Lastly, the mention and description of Ben Solo in the main page blurb (not the gallery) was interestingly put so I'll share that too..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Main_p10
this is the only 'Ben Solo' mention  - extraordinarily strong with the force and a volatile boy in desperate need of a teacher.
Interesting they chose to describe him as a 'boy' no?
I was wondering if he was a young man.. but boy makes him seem much younger..

thoughts anyone?
sunny
@DeeBee

Excellent find!

I would say this, along with the entries for Rey and (cough cough) Kylo Ren (I know, they won't change it to Ben Solo, or create a Ben Solo entry until after TRoS, most likely) will be very important to keep an eye on as the release date for TRoS approaches.

Interesting that the Force showed Luke no guidance after The Return of the Jedi, the why will probably be revealed in TRoS, and the many mentions of Ben Solo are wonderful clues that we will see a younger Ben Solo. Very Happy Smile

I love the conclusion of the entry, indicating that Reylo is integral to the plot, just not only a 'silly romance' teehee:

"Kylo hungered to prove himself a master of the dark side, but still felt the pull of the light. And on Jakku, a Force-sensitive scavenger of humble origins began a journey that would end Luke’s exile and send new shock waves through the Force."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:40 am

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-at-san-diego-comic-con-2019

All the SW things at Comic Con. Various panels, the publishing one still seems like the biggest one, the pavilion, some author signings. Didn't realize Billy Dee is also doing a signing. He does a lot of conventions and seems he doesn't get as much recognition for it as a Mark does.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1913
Likes : 9898
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 16 Jul 2019, 9:37 am

@californiagirl wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-at-san-diego-comic-con-2019

All the SW things at Comic Con. Various panels, the publishing one still seems like the biggest one, the pavilion, some author signings. Didn't realize Billy Dee is also doing a signing. He does a lot of conventions and seems he doesn't get as much recognition for it as a Mark does.
@californiagirl

Billy Dee deserves the recognition too! Especially because it's not physically easy for him. I can tell the SW events, CC's bring him joy! Very Happy Smile

In many ways, a quiet LF SDCC presence this year, although I am excited about the publishing panel! Marvel will definitely have the attention (they are most likely revealing portions, maybe not all, of Phase 4 on Saturday night).

For emphasis on TRoS, it will be D23 - only slightly over a month away! Razz We should keep expectations low because it may be for attendees only. Although, if it was different for TLJ, D23 and public consumption, I stand corrected! Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 27 Jul 2019, 5:51 pm

Even though this video is about ROTJ's duel and how it is an allegory for Luke fighting Palpatine he manages to tie it to Kylo and makes the case why The Emperor is a much better villian and character than Snoke.  The biggest reason is The Emperor was Vader's final obstacle, and served a real purpose in his movies.  Snoke was just there to subvert expectations, at least in TLJ.  Thats why killing his master was the last act Anakin did because it completes his character arch.  Its the reason he turned to the dark side and he felt he had to serve Palps because to not do so would be admitting he was wrong for the past twenty years and screwed up his life for no discernable reason.


_________________
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 BSbvfg9
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 1258
Likes : 5437
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:41 pm

One more week everyone, and we should have more information thanks to D23!

For TLJ, with D23, bts, etc, was everything released the same day?  If so, yay!  If not, hopefully Disney will release things on the same day for TRoS.  They did reveal some panels will be livestreamed, so hopefully they are ones that are personally interesting!

There is a reylo that received access to the Behind the Scenes w/ Walt Disney Studios panel (along with Disney+ and Disney Parks) - she totally won the registration lottery (joked it was her redemption arc for no luck at Celebration with panels).  So, keep an eye on her twitter feed

https://twitter.com/sadboykylo  

As a reminder though, people cannot use their phones during the panels (They are either held in a separate location, or everyone is given a pouch to place them inside and security keeps an eye on them - not sure which one).  So, she won't be able to live tweet, but we should get a rundown soon afterwards. Very Happy Smile


Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 18 Aug 2019, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no luck with Celebration panels, not SDCC (so I meant SWCC, not SDCC - ugh my ditzy brain! lol))
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 9:20 am

Four months from today! Very Happy Smile bounce  (it's also on Scott Mendelson's, of Forbes, mind Razz)

'The Rise Of Skywalker' Has One Huge Advantage Over 'The Last Jedi'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/08/19/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-last-jedi-force-awakens-rogue-one-aquaman-hobbit-tron-titanic-avatar-christmas-cats-jumanji-avengers-box-office/#3bd977b1148b

"As of tonight, we are four months out from the domestic release, counting Thursday previews, of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. There will be much to dissect before and after its release, from the raw numbers to the audience reception to how well it works as a conclusion to its own trilogy and the whole nine-part Skywalker/Solo saga. I still maintain, even as overseas audiences become less and less invested in the franchise as a whole, that domestic audiences will be there with bells on for “one last ride.” No, I’m not expecting a jump on par with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II or Avengers: Endgame, but a jump on par with Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith (around 20%) domestically could be in order..."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 21 Aug 2019, 9:15 pm

I've only seen clips and still images, yet here is the entire ~3 minute featurette shown before TRoS (then only known as IX lol) panel with the infamous, wonderful, glorious, and delicious quick scene of Ben Darcy Solo Very Happy Smile

(Sharing now, months later after SWCC, because the first time I saw it is today, and may be the same for others!) Hopefully soon, such wonders for D23 will occur!

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 8:47 am

So, I proceeded with nerdy detective work (lol), and I verified that DLF released the D23 bts for TLJ on the same day as the panel. It was probably hours later, haha, yet it was same day.

(The studios panel will not be livestreamed - did not think it would be, so there are press tweets, which I think are the only ones allowed with phones/live - we'll see, and then accounts afterwards. As an aside, I will still enjoy the panels that will be livestreamed - in other year, I would be completely delighted. It's only because of TRoS that I feel Sad lol)

Very Happy Anyway, if DLF repeats the same pattern, we should have it Saturday afternoon or evening. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 5:25 am

I've been reading Rey Nobody vs Rey Palpatine options in the spoilers thread and it got me thinking. No spoilers in this comment though.. as the teasers have both indicated Palpatine is back in some way in TROS so don't worry I'm not spoiling I promise!
I'm hoping commenting will help me to collect my thoughts.. though they are only probably worth 2 cents lol..  

Anyway, my impression of the ST is that: JJ's job was to spark interest, and open up story possibilities.
He introduced Rey in a way that speculations were bound to arise - and that left things wide open for the character and what could be her origins.
Then, in TLJ, RJ was given the freedom to decide which path Rey's heritage would take..
I remember RJ discussing the process of how they decided to go with Rey nobody in TLJ.. I remember RJ saying that he had truly considered every possible scenario for Rey - here's a quote!
Rian Johnson wrote: I honestly listed everything I could think of, even awful possibilities where I said, ‘This is not what we’re going to do.’ I mean the less silly one was, ‘Is she a clone?’ Anything that’s a theory on Reddit now I guarantee was listed on that document.
The silliest one was, ‘Is she a robot?’ Okay, we’ve seen a biomechanical realistic flesh hand on Luke, could the technology have advanced significantly in the 30 years, and then I just started laughing. Look forward to the ‘Rey was almost a robot headlines.'”
source: https://www.slashfilm.com/rey-origins-rian-johnson/

I think in the ST and for the whole saga overall, the major plot points have been set from the start - Palpatine's return in whatever manner in TROS brings the story full circle and is therefore significant to the 9 movie story.

If Rey is Palpatine's daughter, I think it's highly likely to be significant to the 9 movie story, and to the ST story. The main protagonist of the ST being related to the main antagonist of the whole saga seems too significant to throw into a story post hoc. [but I'm open to being wrong about this  Smile ]

If Palpatine was going to be revealed to be Rey's family in TROS I think TFA leaves this wide open and possible.
But.. if this was planned from the start RJ would have known, and the story group would have kept a close eye on this..
RJ exploring all possibilities doesn't fit with Rey being Palpatine's family for me. If she was - this would have been predetermined before the full ST was mapped out because it would be too significant. And if she was, RJ would not have been considering the possibility she was a robot.  (lol)
For me - Rey Palpatine doesn't fit from what I believe about how the ST has been put together.
I think RJ was left to decide Rey's origins because it's not centrally important to the skywalker saga story and it's conclusion. I's important to the character but not the overall story arc of the 9 movies. (IMHO)

So I guess this leaves the option that Palpatine tries to trick Rey into believing he is her family, or tempts her with this hidden knowledge or something.. that could still work. Palpatine wouldn't even need to be a physical presence in the movie to do this, he could do this through a dark side object maybe.

JJ's recent comments back up the story planning too..
Indiewire article wrote: “The story that we’re telling, the story that we started to conceive when we did ‘The Force Awakens’ was allowed to continue,” Abrams said. “Episode VIII didn’t really derail anything that we were thinking about.”
One decision Johnson made in “The Last Jedi” that threw fans for a loop was killing off Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis) without revealing any of the character’s backstory. Abrams’ introduction of the character in “The Force Awakens” led many fans to believe Snoke would be the primary antagonist of the trilogy (similar to Emperor Palpatine) and theorize about Snoke’s real identity. Johnson threw out fan theory speculation by simply killing the character without fanfare. Fans did not know it at the time, but Palpatine is now returning for “The Rise of Skywalker.” The way Abrams talks about it makes it sound like Palpatine’s return was always in the cards, which would mean Johnson’s decision to kill Snoke in “The Last Jedi” didn’t change the larger narrative at all.
The article also speaks about controversy around Rey's parentage and JJ is quoted as saying:
Indiewire article wrote: “I will say there is more to the story [of Rey’s parentage] than you’ve seen,” Abrams said at Star Wars Celebration in April.

RJ could kill off Snoke in TLJ because he knew the overarching story had Palpatine returning in TROS. So too, RJ could choose Rey's parentage because it didn't change the larger narrative.
'...more to Rey's parentage than we've seen' - could mean anything but I don't think it means Palpatine is her daddy or grandaddy.
Still... if he is then I'll totally get on board and enjoy the movie anyway but.. right now - I think it's unlikely.
Indiewire source: https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/jj-abrams-rian-johnson-derail-star-wars-story-1202169944/

Real life has been getting in the way of my star wars time. boo real life.but today I managed to check out the Secrets of the Jedi book announced for publishing in November this year. Sorry I'm late to the party here I think it was announced a few weeks ago.. anyway, I'm sorry if this has already been commented on and I missed it, but I'd like to mention a few snippets I found especially interesting and possibly relevant to TROS.
[images sourced from this article: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-secrets-of-the-jedi]
Light side force abilities page
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Secrets-of-the-jedi-force-abilities
A few random comments on this page:
-I wonder if this page hints at what we may see from Rey in TROS.. because the page is introduced by Luke saying
"The wide variety of abilities derived from the light side of the Force will serve Rey well as she faces the many trials ahead of her."
One light side ability described is 'Jump' - I think we basically saw her perform the 'Jump' light side force ability in that first teaser when she does her leap!
-Given we what we saw in the D23 sizzle reel- the 'visions' section is very interesting! "They can hold secrets and solutions that can aid the Jedi in their quests" - so they are not all bad!!!
-Luke confirms 'Their (Obi-wan, Yoda and Anakin) spirits guided me for many years but vanished when I shut myself off from the Force."  This is the first time I've seen this!! I've been wondering how much Luke heard from the force ghosts before he cut himself off from the force, while he was trying to figure out his next steps after ROTJ, and while attempting to restart the Jedi order.
This seems extremely significant in a part of the star wars story we know so little about at this time.
If Luke was communing with them, was Ben Solo also? (who knows!)
-Interesting that 'push' is a light side ability. All the cries of how Kylo/Ben threw Rey into the tree in TFA didn't really explore that!

The Last Jedi page.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Secrets-of-the-jedi-last-jedi
This is new to me also! Luke writes "My mistakes pushed Ben further away from the light - and he dragged the galaxy into the darkness with him. After he burned our temple to the ground and slaughtered any students who refused to follow him to the dark side, Ben donned a mask. Like his grandfather before him, and took a new name, claiming his place at the side of the Supreme Leader Snoke."
-This has something new here I haven't heard before. The idea that Kylo slaughtered students who 'refused to follow him to the dark side'.
We've previously heard that he slaughtered some students and other students left with him.. but I've not heard it put like this.
Luke may be mistaken here, but if we take this at face value, this means the students who left with Kylo went to the dark side with him. This is the first time I've heard this!
And.. we know that the Knights of Ren were there the night the Jedi temple was destroyed.. (this was revealed a canon book see HERE where I shared the source)
Put the two together and it is even more likely that the students who followed Kylo to the dark side are in fact Knights of Ren.
Lol sorry for such a long comment but it's been building up haaaa!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1341
Likes : 3990
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 1:55 pm

kylo Ren                                          and                                                              Mr Darcy

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 93f13346346e706c516b46595f3bf517c0e96c67

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 86dfca4c3a9588d37373c2a7a2742b0fdf3de0bb

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 811bcfa4d4363af950dc41709ab6fd9dc1d22ab7

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 E39d437bf3ced297b32cb0bc6f8e09857dcd935a      Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 C5e04acf760893307a148e2e8399c5f0e8074325
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 937
Likes : 3994
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 2:12 pm

@DeeBee

Interesting. I always thought that TLJ was a mix of set milestones for the overarching story and flexible plot points, but I had forgotten about these articles. I think many underestimate how much effort RJ put in making sure the film follows up on the plot line of TFA while filling in the gaps and providing opportunities for the next director to also include his creative touch. Indeed if Rey’s lineage was a flexible plot point, chances are she’s not the daughter of a SW celebrity. However, that still leaves the door open for her to be connected in some way to whatever Palps’ story in TRoS is. Or not.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Ac753610


P.S.: I need that book.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1911
Likes : 9431
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 2:23 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:kylo Ren                                          and                                                              Mr Darcy

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 93f13346346e706c516b46595f3bf517c0e96c67

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 86dfca4c3a9588d37373c2a7a2742b0fdf3de0bb

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 811bcfa4d4363af950dc41709ab6fd9dc1d22ab7

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 E39d437bf3ced297b32cb0bc6f8e09857dcd935a      Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 6 C5e04acf760893307a148e2e8399c5f0e8074325
@Teo oswald

Love this! Thank you!

Have to love our stupid byronic heroes when they are in the clueless stage. HAHA! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1320
Likes : 3978
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum