Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 3:26 am

@SanghaRen -I need this book too! See you back here with it in November! haaa!
sunny
edited to add: I just pre-ordered it (i'm such a sucker!! Laughing ) Because I live in Australia mine's not going to arrive till early December. (oh well! At least release of the movie isn't delayed ha!)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 3:13 am

Kylo Ren Reacts to the D23 Sizzle Reel!!!  Seems he's been kinda busy writing a song for his Bae but he has finally gotten around to watching the footage. Laughing
This is hilarious.. I love it.. [Kylo even dishes it up to fanboys who nitpick!]
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 10:28 am

@DeeBee So awesome!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 1:41 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/lessons-from-the-star-wars-saga-compassion

Yes, it's the opinion section, but still, it's nice to see the official SW website publish something about how the story is about, you know, love and compassion. The thumbnail, and the last picture in the article, are Anakin and Padme's wedding. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

Apparently, per those who received/saw early copies of the Snoke comic, it's quite disturbing, and truly, as the description says, brutal what Snoke does to Ben.

If it is triggering for you - as Sleemo mentions on twitter "So take care tomorrow, and please tag or mute accordingly #SnokeComic #SnokeIsOverParty"

Discussions for it should be in the comic only section of the forum, but I am wondering if it should have its own thread?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 2:57 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

Apparently, per those who received/saw early copies of the Snoke comic, it's quite disturbing, and truly, as the description says, brutal what Snoke does to Ben.

If it is triggering for you - as Sleemo mentions on twitter "So take care tomorrow, and please tag or mute accordingly #SnokeComic #SnokeIsOverParty"

Discussions for it should be in the comic only section of the forum, but I am wondering if it should have its own thread?
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wonder if the kindle version will drop tomorrow too. I am not sure how brutal it can be. I expect a lot of manipulation. I am curious as to how much information we’ll get. All these comics coming out remind me of Mad Max Fury Road where nothing was known about the characters’ pasts in the movie except for Furiosa. Comics came out later to provide that information which was a available before the movie anyway - George Miller had given background information on the characters to the actors to prepare for their roles.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wonder if the kindle version will drop tomorrow too. I am not sure how brutal it can be. I expect a lot of manipulation. I am curious as to how much information we’ll get. All these comics coming out remind me of Mad Max Fury Road where nothing was known about the characters’ pasts in the movie except for Furiosa. Comics came out later to provide that information which was a available before the movie anyway - George Miller had given background information on the characters to the actors to prepare for their roles.
@SanghaRen

Interpretation IS personal, yet the few descriptions I read are "OK, that's going to be Sad to see in a SW comic" And someone else could read it, and not be bothered by it. Moreover, because a few have posted trigger warning type tweets on twitter, though I would share the head's up here, too.

Big picture - Obviously, this is another layer for Bendemption. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 4:04 am

Thanks for the warning @SW_Heroine_Journey
Poor Ben Sad

Ok so the following has come up in my twitter feed and girls with sabers think it isn’t Ben in the poster because he’s right handed but I think there’s more going on here. Yes I do think they are going to play around with the mask and reminding us that Ben is like Pluto, god of the underworld ( Pluto constellation near Ben in TROS poster )reminds us of this ie Pluto had a helmet which wasn’t always worn by him . So I do think they are going to tap into this . However I think there is more going on here with the left and right handed thing as I mentioned before in a post . It’s a symbol of power and masculinity ( right being associated with might )and here kylo is conceding to Rey ( In the TROS poster). If you watch the throne room fight the power is all over the place ie both kylo and Rey start right handed with the sabers but by the end they are both left handed and conceded power to each other . You’ll see what I mean if you watch it . Also left is associated too with underworld( and femininity). When Loki in marvel came back from death he was left handed and not the same Loki - he had changed and was redeemed somewhat .

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 A9819610

Just editing to add - if they do play around with the mask and someone else is pretending to be kylo ( definitely could see this happening as it happened with Padme and her handmaidens and also Enfys Nest ) And wasn’t there a leak a while back about the two kylos? Either it’s Matt Smith who has a similar frame to Adam driver ( can’t think who else it would be in the cast ?) or Hayden Christensen ( again same reason as Matt Smith )or its an illusion/force power of some kind or clone . Many possibilities...
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:40 am

^ Neat!

In all likelihood it's just an inaccuracy of the poster, BUT one of my pet theories is that a) someone other than Kylo wears his mask, and b) potentially Rey wears Kylo's costume at some point in the film. I would positively adore the idea that it's Rey (who I believe is left-handed? at least at some points in the film) coming face to face with a version of herself. It would be an almost natural progression from the "dark Rey" we've been shown and also an interesting callback to TFA when she first encountered Kylo in her vision in the snow.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 12:32 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Thanks for the warning @SW_Heroine_Journey
Poor Ben Sad

Ok so the following has come up in my twitter feed and girls with sabers think it isn’t Ben in the poster because he’s right handed but I think there’s more going on here. Yes I do think they are going to play around with the mask and reminding us that Ben is like Pluto, god of the underworld  ( Pluto constellation near  Ben in TROS poster  )reminds us of this ie Pluto had a helmet which wasn’t always worn by him . So I do think they are going to tap into this . However I think there is more going on here with the left and right handed thing as I mentioned before in a post . It’s a symbol of power and masculinity ( right being associated with might )and here kylo is conceding to Rey ( In the TROS poster). If you watch the throne room fight the power is all over the place ie both kylo and Rey start right handed with the sabers but by the end they are both left handed and conceded power to each other . You’ll see what I mean if you watch it . Also left is associated too with underworld( and femininity). When Loki in marvel came back from death he was left handed and not the same Loki - he had changed and was redeemed somewhat .

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 A9819610

Just editing to add - if they do play around with the mask and someone else is pretending to be kylo ( definitely could see this happening as it happened with Padme and her handmaidens and also Enfys Nest ) And wasn’t there a leak a while back about the two kylos? Either it’s Matt Smith who has a similar frame to Adam driver ( can’t think who else it would be in the cast ?) or Hayden Christensen ( again same reason as Matt Smith )or its an illusion/force power of some kind or clone . Many possibilities...
@AhsokaTano

Having a doppelgänger in the mask would make for some nifty (heck, Shakespearean) plot twists, but I’m afraid the left-handed thing is probably just like the “Kylo strutting around with— no, without— no, with— his cowl” moments in TFA.  Either that or, like both Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts, he’s ambidextrous with a weapon:  

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 8f945010
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

I also tend to think that there’s nothing to him holding the saber in his left hand. Kylo holds the lightsaber in his left hand on posters and pictures when it suits the angle better. One of my favorites pics/posters of him has him holding his helmet in the right hand and lightsaber in left.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 51a67c10

In the TRoS poster they wanted him to be on the higher edge against Rey and since in western culture we tend to look at things from left to right, it makes sense, to convey the idea of rise rather than fall, to have the higher edge to the right of the poster. And so with this (stupid) pose, they couldn’t have him carry the lightsaber in the right hand, because it might have hidden part of his mask. I am not sure I am making sense... I am by no means an expert in graphic design. I am involved in the creation of promotional material with agencies (they do the design) so I guess, I do have an eye for visuals, but I am not an expert so yeah, it’s just how I see it.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum