Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 3:26 am

@SanghaRen -I need this book too! See you back here with it in November! haaa!
sunny
edited to add: I just pre-ordered it (i'm such a sucker!! Laughing ) Because I live in Australia mine's not going to arrive till early December. (oh well! At least release of the movie isn't delayed ha!)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 3:13 am

Kylo Ren Reacts to the D23 Sizzle Reel!!!  Seems he's been kinda busy writing a song for his Bae but he has finally gotten around to watching the footage. Laughing
This is hilarious.. I love it.. [Kylo even dishes it up to fanboys who nitpick!]
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 10:28 am

@DeeBee So awesome!
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 1:41 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/lessons-from-the-star-wars-saga-compassion

Yes, it's the opinion section, but still, it's nice to see the official SW website publish something about how the story is about, you know, love and compassion. The thumbnail, and the last picture in the article, are Anakin and Padme's wedding. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

Apparently, per those who received/saw early copies of the Snoke comic, it's quite disturbing, and truly, as the description says, brutal what Snoke does to Ben.

If it is triggering for you - as Sleemo mentions on twitter "So take care tomorrow, and please tag or mute accordingly #SnokeComic #SnokeIsOverParty"

Discussions for it should be in the comic only section of the forum, but I am wondering if it should have its own thread?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 2:57 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

Apparently, per those who received/saw early copies of the Snoke comic, it's quite disturbing, and truly, as the description says, brutal what Snoke does to Ben.

If it is triggering for you - as Sleemo mentions on twitter "So take care tomorrow, and please tag or mute accordingly #SnokeComic #SnokeIsOverParty"

Discussions for it should be in the comic only section of the forum, but I am wondering if it should have its own thread?
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wonder if the kindle version will drop tomorrow too. I am not sure how brutal it can be. I expect a lot of manipulation. I am curious as to how much information we’ll get. All these comics coming out remind me of Mad Max Fury Road where nothing was known about the characters’ pasts in the movie except for Furiosa. Comics came out later to provide that information which was a available before the movie anyway - George Miller had given background information on the characters to the actors to prepare for their roles.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Posting this here because of the huge subject matter involved - of abuse.

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I wonder if the kindle version will drop tomorrow too. I am not sure how brutal it can be. I expect a lot of manipulation. I am curious as to how much information we’ll get. All these comics coming out remind me of Mad Max Fury Road where nothing was known about the characters’ pasts in the movie except for Furiosa. Comics came out later to provide that information which was a available before the movie anyway - George Miller had given background information on the characters to the actors to prepare for their roles.
@SanghaRen

Interpretation IS personal, yet the few descriptions I read are "OK, that's going to be Sad to see in a SW comic" And someone else could read it, and not be bothered by it. Moreover, because a few have posted trigger warning type tweets on twitter, though I would share the head's up here, too.

Big picture - Obviously, this is another layer for Bendemption. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 4:04 am

Thanks for the warning @SW_Heroine_Journey
Poor Ben Sad

Ok so the following has come up in my twitter feed and girls with sabers think it isn’t Ben in the poster because he’s right handed but I think there’s more going on here. Yes I do think they are going to play around with the mask and reminding us that Ben is like Pluto, god of the underworld ( Pluto constellation near Ben in TROS poster )reminds us of this ie Pluto had a helmet which wasn’t always worn by him . So I do think they are going to tap into this . However I think there is more going on here with the left and right handed thing as I mentioned before in a post . It’s a symbol of power and masculinity ( right being associated with might )and here kylo is conceding to Rey ( In the TROS poster). If you watch the throne room fight the power is all over the place ie both kylo and Rey start right handed with the sabers but by the end they are both left handed and conceded power to each other . You’ll see what I mean if you watch it . Also left is associated too with underworld( and femininity). When Loki in marvel came back from death he was left handed and not the same Loki - he had changed and was redeemed somewhat .

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 A9819610

Just editing to add - if they do play around with the mask and someone else is pretending to be kylo ( definitely could see this happening as it happened with Padme and her handmaidens and also Enfys Nest ) And wasn’t there a leak a while back about the two kylos? Either it’s Matt Smith who has a similar frame to Adam driver ( can’t think who else it would be in the cast ?) or Hayden Christensen ( again same reason as Matt Smith )or its an illusion/force power of some kind or clone . Many possibilities...
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:40 am

^ Neat!

In all likelihood it's just an inaccuracy of the poster, BUT one of my pet theories is that a) someone other than Kylo wears his mask, and b) potentially Rey wears Kylo's costume at some point in the film. I would positively adore the idea that it's Rey (who I believe is left-handed? at least at some points in the film) coming face to face with a version of herself. It would be an almost natural progression from the "dark Rey" we've been shown and also an interesting callback to TFA when she first encountered Kylo in her vision in the snow.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 12:32 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Thanks for the warning @SW_Heroine_Journey
Poor Ben Sad

Ok so the following has come up in my twitter feed and girls with sabers think it isn’t Ben in the poster because he’s right handed but I think there’s more going on here. Yes I do think they are going to play around with the mask and reminding us that Ben is like Pluto, god of the underworld  ( Pluto constellation near  Ben in TROS poster  )reminds us of this ie Pluto had a helmet which wasn’t always worn by him . So I do think they are going to tap into this . However I think there is more going on here with the left and right handed thing as I mentioned before in a post . It’s a symbol of power and masculinity ( right being associated with might )and here kylo is conceding to Rey ( In the TROS poster). If you watch the throne room fight the power is all over the place ie both kylo and Rey start right handed with the sabers but by the end they are both left handed and conceded power to each other . You’ll see what I mean if you watch it . Also left is associated too with underworld( and femininity). When Loki in marvel came back from death he was left handed and not the same Loki - he had changed and was redeemed somewhat .

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 A9819610

Just editing to add - if they do play around with the mask and someone else is pretending to be kylo ( definitely could see this happening as it happened with Padme and her handmaidens and also Enfys Nest ) And wasn’t there a leak a while back about the two kylos? Either it’s Matt Smith who has a similar frame to Adam driver ( can’t think who else it would be in the cast ?) or Hayden Christensen ( again same reason as Matt Smith )or its an illusion/force power of some kind or clone . Many possibilities...
@AhsokaTano

Having a doppelgänger in the mask would make for some nifty (heck, Shakespearean) plot twists, but I’m afraid the left-handed thing is probably just like the “Kylo strutting around with— no, without— no, with— his cowl” moments in TFA.  Either that or, like both Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts, he’s ambidextrous with a weapon:  

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 8f945010
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

I also tend to think that there’s nothing to him holding the saber in his left hand. Kylo holds the lightsaber in his left hand on posters and pictures when it suits the angle better. One of my favorites pics/posters of him has him holding his helmet in the right hand and lightsaber in left.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 51a67c10

In the TRoS poster they wanted him to be on the higher edge against Rey and since in western culture we tend to look at things from left to right, it makes sense, to convey the idea of rise rather than fall, to have the higher edge to the right of the poster. And so with this (stupid) pose, they couldn’t have him carry the lightsaber in the right hand, because it might have hidden part of his mask. I am not sure I am making sense... I am by no means an expert in graphic design. I am involved in the creation of promotional material with agencies (they do the design) so I guess, I do have an eye for visuals, but I am not an expert so yeah, it’s just how I see it.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 4:35 pm

My favorite Forbes guy is at it again predicting the box office of TRoS. If that guy loses his job at Forbes, he can come work for my company. He’ll be in good company with all our number crunchers and controllers. We have more people doing that than actually manufacturing and selling our products.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/09/19/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalkerthe-pessimistic-box-office-prediction/#2cc8e3875863

Also someone explain to me the logic of Billie Lourd listed first in the cast on IMDb Question At least AD is in the top for once but JB and KMT are all the way down.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 94c64710

What a strange world we live in Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:06 pm

With this marketing it's not a depressing number, it's closer to realistic one. There is some kind of sabotage inside Disney's marketing. Because marketing sucks. Marketing should be adjusted to anticipation, not blindly follow usual template.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:13 pm

@SanghaRen -hi SanghaRen, thanks for sharing this - very interesting lol. Wait for the speculation articles talking about how it means that Billie Lourd's Connix is going to be revealed to be a Skywalker!!!!

I don't pay attention to box office - I mean I hope the movie will be a box office success but, it will be what it will be.
Besides, box office is only one part of all the bucks Star Wars will be making off this movie.

Boo IMDB. Adam Driver plays 'Kylo Ren/ Ben Solo' not 'Kylo Ren'!

What jumped out at me here is - we still don't know who the character is that Dominic Monaghan is playing! All other new characters we've at least found out their name... hmmm... maybe Dominic is Klaude?! tee hee. In Star Wars anyhing is possible..
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 5:41 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:My favorite Forbes guy is at it again predicting the box office of TRoS. If that guy loses his job at Forbes, he can come work for my company. He’ll be in good company with all our number crunchers and controllers. We have more people doing that than actually manufacturing and selling our products.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/09/19/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalkerthe-pessimistic-box-office-prediction/#2cc8e3875863

Also someone explain to me the logic of Billie Lourd listed first in the cast on IMDb Question At least AD is in the top for once but JB and KMT are all the way down.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 94c64710

What a strange world we live in Smile
@SanghaRen

To be fair to Scott, (although he is hardly fair to Reylos, yet I'll be nice lol) he does admit it's his worse case scenario. A best case scenario article will also be created (and probably a most likely one, as well). Not sure when they will be published, yet if I have to guess, Oct 19 and Nov 19 Smile Very Happy lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:50 pm

I suspect we get a nonstop marketing barrage starting in a couple of weeks. Endgame didn't even have a title until 4 months before release.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 7:56 pm

Marketing is already failed. Endgame had natural promoting by dedicated fans. SW doesn't have it. SW had dedicated haters and marketing should have shifted attention to positive. SW has only royal Reylos who are doing free promoting and they give us nothing except one VF issue where actors are afraid to say "Romance" word. Disney should pay Reylo community a salary for all this hard work.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 19 Sep 2019, 9:39 pm

I don't think the marketing is less than.  Yes, three more months from today (SQUEE! Very Happy Smile); however, for GA marketing, that is still too far away.  Looking at Box Office Mojo for the December movies, the marketing for TRoS thus far has actually been more than most (all of the other?) December films.

For those of us within, it will increase on Force Friday (please have Dark Rey merchandise lol), and then mid-October? is the expected trailer release.  I DO hope they will be obvious about the romance (or the sexual tension considering they are presently in the enemy stage of enemy to lovers).  To me, they are being obvious about Bendemption (the GA mystery is if he survives or not) and Reylo (the GA mystery is if it is romantic HEA).  So, I am hoping the Oct trailer focuses on that more versus the Resistance/FO plot (unless, there are a lot of Finn/Rose scenes, then I'll love it!)  

Kinda feel we have to reach/get past Force Friday (2 more weeks), and then it will start to really fly.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:50 am

I actually don't like the Resistance much! I think it's because unlike the OT, where the leaders of the bad guys were truly evil, the FO is led by the unhappy Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. I really wish that in TRoS we'd see a more shades of grey approach to both of them. I liked how in TLJ Finn discovered that the Resistance bought their weapons from the same source as the FO. It makes it much more interesting and thought provoking if both sides thought they were in the right, so to speak, but both were misguided, especially now Snoke is gone, and a Kylo has calmed down somewhat and isn't acting like a jilted lover.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 10:14 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I actually don't like the Resistance much! I think it's because unlike the OT, where the leaders of the bad guys were truly evil, the FO is led by the unhappy Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. I really wish that in TRoS we'd see a more shades of grey approach to both of them. I liked how in TLJ Finn discovered that the Resistance bought their weapons from the same source as the FO. It makes it much more interesting and thought provoking if both sides thought they were in the right, so to speak, but both were misguided, especially now Snoke is gone, and a Kylo has calmed down somewhat and isn't acting like a jilted lover.
@motherofpearl1

Same, I really hope shades of gray are explored (seems hinted at with the books and comics, so I hope the movie soars with it) in TROS for both the Resistance and the FO, and then they both unite to fight Palpatine and his zombie clone evil forces (who, I am hoping, are Captain Phasma on repeat. More Gwendoline Christie!!!! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 12:52 pm

I'd love to see Gwen return. Also, if the Resistance are going to be acting as guerrilla fighters, it becomes more dubious... especially if Kylo actually does some good things such as abolishing slaves. His grandfather was a slave, after all.

The problem with this kind of warfare is the line between freedom fighters and terrorists can become blurred. And if the Resistance and the FO were forced to join together to defeat a greater evil, it would be something completely different from the OT,.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm

KK made an honorary commander in the UK for all the film projects she brought to Britain. A host of SW people, and other LF/Disney people, in attendance. Looks like Vic Mahoney went in JJ's stead. Terrio is there, as well as Rian and Kasdan. Breznican still gets to cover SW at his new home at Vanity Fair.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/kathleen-kennedy-star-wars-royal-honor-cbe
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

@californiagirl wrote:KK made an honorary commander in the UK for all the film projects she brought to Britain. A host of SW people, and other LF/Disney people, in attendance. Looks like Vic Mahoney went in JJ's stead. Terrio is there, as well as Rian and Kasdan. Breznican still gets to cover SW at his new home at Vanity Fair.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/kathleen-kennedy-star-wars-royal-honor-cbe
@californiagirl

Nicee all those big names and then Tomi Adeyemi too!! Girl's going to big places, so great to see!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 5:12 am

hiya! I'm avoiding talk of leaks which means I can't go in the spoilers thread like I use to. so forgive me if this has already been shared.. [I think from now till 20 december I might need this disclaimer on all my comments! eek!!!!  Embarassed ]

Just thought I'd share something I found to be new info today.. which inspired a little look into the new character Jannah..
This new article on starwars.com seems to identify the location of the death star wreckage as Kef Bir - which is the location where the resistance meets Jannah.
"Among the additions is Kef Bir, the ocean moon from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker; you can check out the locale as it will appear in Star Tours below:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Star-tours-rise-of-skywalker-art
SOURCE"

One other thing I noticed for the first time the other day..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah10
I've been curious about all these little mysterious things Jannah wears. and I got answers for at least one thing..
the thing on her left hip - is a grappling hook!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah12
I found it identified in the official sticker book! amazon has shared a few of the pages now SOURCE - does anyone own it?
'tough and noble warriors' sounds super interesting - I wonder if that's a contrast with the knights of Ren maybe?.. as Knights are supposed to be Noble..
The sticker book also has a little blurb about Jannah on page 6 which says:
"Jannah is a fierce warrior from an ocean moon. She is fast and athletic, and she can shoot her energy bow with great skill."

This wider version from D23 shows more of the wider landscape... seems Kef Bir has mountains too.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah11

I know the Vanity fair article said the Orbaks were native to Pasaana but I'm wondering if that was maybe a typo.. and they are native to Kef Bir. As they seem to be tied to Jannah's band of warriors... anyone got non leak info about this they can share?

I'm loving what I am learning about this character.. and how she leads that charge in the trailer.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Ep9-ff-001659_691a0c16
So great how Finn follows her lead in this moment..

Would the grappling hook be used to stay on the horse while she rides side saddle and shoots her super cool energy bow? anyone?

btw - I'm wondering if this trailer moment:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Z_trai10
Is on the same planet as the image above - likely Kef Bir (?) This is the moment in the trailer where he is using the binoculars and then lowers them and looks all serious at what he sees.. Not certain this is the Kef Bir location at this point..but fun to play around with!

I'm still confused about what that thing on Jannah's right bicep is though..
Thanks for giving me a space to share and discuss!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 10:26 am

@DeeBee wrote:hiya! I'm avoiding talk of leaks which means I can't go in the spoilers thread like I use to. so forgive me if this has already been shared.. [I think from now till 20 december I might need this disclaimer on all my comments! eek!!!!   ]

Just thought I'd share something I found to be new info today.. which inspired a little look into the new character Jannah..
This new article on starwars.com seems to identify the location of the death star wreckage as Kef Bir - which is the location where the resistance meets Jannah.
"Among the additions is Kef Bir, the ocean moon from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker; you can check out the locale as it will appear in Star Tours below:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Star-tours-rise-of-skywalker-art
SOURCE"

One other thing I noticed for the first time the other day..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah10
I've been curious about all these little mysterious things Jannah wears. and I got answers for at least one thing..
the thing on her left hip - is a grappling hook!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah12
I found it identified in the official sticker book! amazon has shared a few of the pages now SOURCE - does anyone own it?
'tough and noble warriors' sounds super interesting - I wonder if that's a contrast with the knights of Ren maybe?.. as Knights are supposed to be Noble..
The sticker book also has a little blurb about Jannah on page 6 which says:
"Jannah is a fierce warrior from an ocean moon. She is fast and athletic, and she can shoot her energy bow with great skill."

This wider version from D23 shows more of the wider landscape... seems Kef Bir has mountains too.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Jannah11

I know the Vanity fair article said the Orbaks were native to Pasaana but I'm wondering if that was maybe a typo.. and they are native to Kef Bir. As they seem to be tied to Jannah's band of warriors... anyone got non leak info about this they can share?

I'm loving what I am learning about this character.. and how she leads that charge in the trailer.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Ep9-ff-001659_691a0c16
So great how Finn follows her lead in this moment..

Would the grappling hook be used to stay on the horse while she rides side saddle and shoots her super cool energy bow? anyone?

btw - I'm wondering if this trailer moment:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 7 Z_trai10
Is on the same planet as the image above - likely Kef Bir (?) This is the moment in the trailer where he is using the binoculars and then lowers them and looks all serious at what he sees.. Not certain this is the Kef Bir location at this point..but fun to play around with!

I'm still confused about what that thing on Jannah's right bicep is though..
Thanks for giving me a space to share and discuss!
sunny
@DeeBee

I love this entire post! Thank you! I am so intrigued about Jannah. I have this feeling she is going to be one of my favorite new SW characters. (Zorri Bliss has that potential too, but I am more intrigued about Jannah, now).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum