Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by DeeBee on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:50 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee
I love this entire post! Thank you!  I am so intrigued about Jannah.  I have this feeling she is going to be one of my favorite new SW characters.  (Zorri Bliss has that potential too, but I am more intrigued about Jannah, now).  
@SW_Heroine_Journey
awh thanks! I am intrigued by Jannah too!!
Hey what do we know about the energy bow? I haven't really stopped to think about it lol but it seems she doesn't carry a quiver of arrows.. soooo I'm thinking it shoots energy arrows? anyone? Have we seen energy bows in SW before?

Guess what..  Embarassed  I bought the sticker book haaaaa.. oh well this is a special time in the lead up to TROS so... why not go for it.
I might just share a few snippets.. though I think the info is not super detailed or complete it's still fun to take a look at!
I just loved the look of this page:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 4_b10
makes me glad the mask is back! it just looks gorgeous!

A new look at Lando:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 12high10
I found it interesting that it lists 'staff' as one of his weapons. Also 'styled hair' was pretty funny!

Thought I'd share this image too as it's a good clear look at this particular KoR!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 13high10
There's this image too:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Kor111

Anything new that's come out (not leaks) that anyone would like to fill me in on out of the kindness of their hearts? I don't go into the rumours/spoilers thread these days so I bet I'm missing lots of new official info!  Sad  but... I feel I am better off this way... even if I miss reading your comments.

I'm going to take another look at the order of events and see if I can narrow things down a bit more now the trailer is out.
If anyone has non-spoiler based ideas on this I would LOVE to hear your ideas! bye for now!
sunny

edited to add:
-quoted from Takodana woods hope this is okay!
@12 Parsnips wrote:Found this on the interwebs...
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Kor_be10
"With the new jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben…and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young jedi. If Ben wishes to be truly free…the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren!

"But it won’t be the first time he’s tangled with the Knights. In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission. Can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled Knights of Ren?!"
bounce
@12 Parsnips
How interesting.. Where to start?!!!
Firstly - one of these KOR is holding a red lightsaber!!!!!!! that's the first time i've seen this!!!! this helmet - Is this one of the 6 in TROS? based on this artwork I'm not sure they all match.. I'll wait to see if we get more images I guess..

It also looks to me like the shot at Ben is bouncing off some kind of invisible shield.. hmm.. Will we be seeing Force sheild/Force bubble force power in TROS?! Force Barrier Info on Wookieepedia

"With the new jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke." - this seems to suggest that Ben left the jedi school alone. Not with any fellow students and not with KOR.
But.. we know the KOR were there that night.. hmm.. Seems the fellow students didn't leave with him, they left in pursuit of him! that's a cool angle.. And this is new!!!!!! They will probably get killed along the way of their pursuit by the KOR or Snoke.. I've never seen Ben Solo/Kylo Ren as totally innocent.. (though I love the character and cheer for him to be redeemed), but I'm super curious here about how far they will go in painting him as a victim of circumstance at that point in his life. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome story!  cheers
Seems Luke really did throw Ben under the bus with his wrong assumption that Ben left with the other students huh! I hope we see this addressed in TROS!! [I'm guessing Palpatine was involved here in what Luke saw in Kylo/Ben's head.. ahem.. but we'll see!]

So Luke and Ben had fought the KoR before the night the Jedi Academy was destroyed.. I'm so looking forward to this story unfolding! Looks like we'll get to see some of Luke's wanderings with Ben in the Unknown regions. how cool! What do they mean "can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled KOR"?! lol I mean we know Luke survives it's not a secret haaaaa.. and we know the KOR seem to live on in some way. Though it's possible they could be killed and replaced as they fall if that makes sense?

"Ben wishes truly to be free - maybe the answer is in the dark side." We know based on TFA and TLJ that the dark side didn't live up to the hype.. and he was still not free.. he was being torn apart  Crying or Very sad I'm sure once we've seen him redeemed in TROS and we get a happy ending (yes I believe we will get a happy ending for Ben) that this tragic story will be easier to read without sobs!! lol...

Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 5:58 am

@DeeBee wrote:
edited to add:
-quoted from Takodana woods hope this is okay!
@12 Parsnips wrote:Found this on the interwebs...
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Kor_be10
"With the new jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben…and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young jedi. If Ben wishes to be truly free…the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren!

"But it won’t be the first time he’s tangled with the Knights. In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission. Can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled Knights of Ren?!"
bounce
@12 Parsnips
How interesting.. Where to start?!!!
Firstly - one of these KOR is holding a red lightsaber!!!!!!! that's the first time i've seen this!!!! this helmet - Is this one of the 6 in TROS? based on this artwork I'm not sure they all match.. I'll wait to see if we get more images I guess..

It also looks to me like the shot at Ben is bouncing off some kind of invisible shield.. hmm.. Will we be seeing Force sheild/Force bubble force power in TROS?! Force Barrier Info on Wookieepedia

"With the new jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy…a man named Snoke." - this seems to suggest that Ben left the jedi school alone. Not with any fellow students and not with KOR.
But.. we know the KOR were there that night.. hmm.. Seems the fellow students didn't leave with him, they left in pursuit of him! that's a cool angle.. And this is new!!!!!! They will probably get killed along the way of their pursuit by the KOR or Snoke.. I've never seen Ben Solo/Kylo Ren as totally innocent.. (though I love the character and cheer for him to be redeemed), but I'm super curious here about how far they will go in painting him as a victim of circumstance at that point in his life. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome story!  cheers
Seems Luke really did throw Ben under the bus with his wrong assumption that Ben left with the other students huh! I hope we see this addressed in TROS!! [I'm guessing Palpatine was involved here in what Luke saw in Kylo/Ben's head.. ahem.. but we'll see!]

So Luke and Ben had fought the KoR before the night the Jedi Academy was destroyed.. I'm so looking forward to this story unfolding! Looks like we'll get to see some of Luke's wanderings with Ben in the Unknown regions. how cool! What do they mean "can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled KOR"?! lol I mean we know Luke survives it's not a secret haaaaa.. and we know the KOR seem to live on in some way. Though it's possible they could be killed and replaced as they fall if that makes sense?

"Ben wishes truly to be free - maybe the answer is in the dark side." We know based on TFA and TLJ that the dark side didn't live up to the hype.. and he was still not free.. he was being torn apart  Crying or Very sad I'm sure once we've seen him redeemed in TROS and we get a happy ending (yes I believe we will get a happy ending for Ben) that this tragic story will be easier to read without sobs!! lol...
@DeeBee

Ha ha, it's the sweet smell of vindication in the morning for me.  Twisted Evil I said that an unconscious guy was a pretty unreliable narrator but nooooo, they said. The story is over, they said. The word was "slaughtered," they said. (Antis!) Rolling Eyes

But before I get too puffed up in my own estimation I start thinking of poor Ben running away that night all alone in his jammies...pale Sad

Re: Dark influences on Luke...I'll have to drag out my novelization of TLJ, but IIRC there's a small bit in which Snoke reflects that he had an influence on both Leia and Luke, as if he knew them in person or at least through the Force.

Anyway, I'm fuzzy about what is speculation and what official sources have said beyond the official blurb here, but I think that the idea? conjecture? is that once Ben is chased out of the academy, he has to defeat the master of the KOR (the dude with the red saber) and then he kind of takes over. Maybe not though. Maybe Luke takes him out in the comic and they're just waiting around for a new president to be elected. lol!

Woah, I never even heard of a Force barrier. That would be so cool to see. I am really digging the new Force powers we're seeing in the ST, and another one Ben comes across would be great.

I am not really a comics person but I might buy the Ben to Ren series!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:24 pm

@12 Parsnips I think the Ben to Ren series might be almost required reading at this point. If anyone thinks they aren’t going to redeem Ben after all this, they’ve got another think coming.
Bless their hearts.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 9:48 pm

Am I the only who read the synopsis of the Kylo Ren comic, and think why didn't the students go look through the rubble to see if Ben actually killed Luke before blaming him?
(sorry I live in earthquake country)
😂

Last edited by Birdwoman on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 10:13 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@DeeBee
Ha ha, it's the sweet smell of vindication in the morning for me.  Twisted Evil I said that an unconscious guy was a pretty unreliable narrator but nooooo, they said. The story is over, they said. The word was "slaughtered," they said. (Antis!) Rolling Eyes

But before I get too puffed up in my own estimation I start thinking of poor Ben running away that night all alone in his jammies...pale Sad

Re: Dark influences on Luke...I'll have to drag out my novelization of TLJ, but IIRC there's a small bit in which Snoke reflects that he had an influence on both Leia and Luke, as if he knew them in person or at least through the Force.

Anyway, I'm fuzzy about what is speculation and what official sources have said beyond the official blurb here, but I think that the idea? conjecture? is that once Ben is chased out of the academy, he has to defeat the master of the KOR (the dude with the red saber) and then he kind of takes over. Maybe not though. Maybe Luke takes him out in the comic and they're just waiting around for a new president to be elected. lol!

Woah, I never even heard of a Force barrier. That would be so cool to see. I am really digging the new Force powers we're seeing in the ST, and another one Ben comes across would be great.

I am not really a comics person but I might buy the Ben to Ren series!
@12 Parsnips

-lol I smell the sweet smell of a great story.
I think LFL has intentionally led many fans to view the ST differently. LFL have fanned the flames of disagreement between the fans to stir up interest, passionate views and discourse. I’m not a fan of this approach, I have no control over what they do – but I can choose whether to engage with it or not. I choose not.
Rofl. Yes unconscious guy was a terrible narrator! Lol! I love how you put that!  Laughing

For me, this new insight into events that night at the Jedi Academy makes TLJ story even more powerful – When Rey heard both Kylo/Ben and Luke’s versions of that night- She didn’t jump to the conclusion that Kylo/Ben was all to blame – and it seems like up to TLJ, Kylo/Ben had been blamed by everyone for everything. I can see how having Rey really hear him and believe him would have had a very powerful impact on Kylo/Ben and his heart. H-beatingH-beatingH-beating Me thinks this contributed to his growing feelings for her!!!!  H-beating Finally! Someone hasn’t assumed he is a monster!!! And.. sees him! [Very beauty and the beast wouldn’t you all say?!]  H-beating

Re Snoke – yes there is a part of the novel where Snoke talks about having influenced Luke. The novelisation says:
“…And so Snoke had drawn upon his vast store of knowledge, parcelling it out to confuse Skywalker’s path, ensnare his family, and harness Ben Solo’s powers to ensure both Skywalker’s destruction and Snoke’s
triumph.” [this is the start of ch 25 where Snoke’s POV mentions Palpatine too!]
Now Palpatine is back in some way, I am thinking he could have been influencing Luke too! Lol.  

I don’t have one view only that I must stick with (honest!) but since learning about the secret force bond that a dark side user can create without the other side knowing – that can be used to steer and corrupt the other- I’ve really connected with the idea that Palpatine had this kinda of bond with Anakin, with Luke, and now…. With Kylo/Ben – but I may be stretching that too far.. and it may be just Kylo/Ben lol... or no one haaaa..
But.. if Palpatine had a secret force bond with Luke – it could have steered his actions that night and corrupted things. Palpatine corrupting Kylo/Ben via the bond in that moment, while also steering Luke to look inside? For me it’s an explanation I just plain like. Lol.
I had forgotten all about it but there was actually an example of this kind of steering/corruption taking place in one of the comics. I'll try and find it again..

I see Snoke as evil, but Palpatine was the bigger evil working behind the scenes, and probably using Snoke to achieve his own ends. With Snoke’s death in TLJ and Palpatine’s return in TROS this seems likely..but who knows!

Yes I understand that fuzziness re leaks can happen – this is one reason I’ve chosen to not do leaks. They don’t factor into my thinking and I prefer it that way. But… thanks for being so considerate!

Same! I love seeing new force powers! Wasn’t there an interview where JJ said Rey was going to be doing some new things?!
I was wondering if that cover of The Rise of Kylo Ren is showing Luke actually raising the force barrier to protect Ben. As Luke is looking in their direction.
Eventually, Ben may have learned it too. Though I guess in TFA we saw him stop that blaster bolt – not to me the same thing as the blast just froze, whereas in this image the blaster shot seems to be ricocheting off the barrier.. but yeah very cool! I hope we see it in TROS!

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@12 Parsnips I think the Ben to Ren series might be almost required reading at this point. If anyone thinks they aren’t going to redeem Ben after all this, they’ve got another think coming.
Bless their hearts.
@PalmettoBlue
I agree I think if anyone is going to dabble in comics – the Charles Soule comics are the best ones to read. So you are onto a good thing here Palmetto Blue!

Aha! I found the comment where I discussed the comic where we saw Palpatine influencing Luke HERE
Since this issue, I've learned about secret force bonds and well.. it puts these events in a new light.. back in June I wrote  about this issue: "Super interesting how Palpatine can send the impressions and influence Luke - without Luke actually being aware that it originated with Palpatine."
Hmmmm sounds like the described secret force bond! Just sayin!!

@Birdwoman wrote:Am I the only who read the synopsis of the Kylo Ten comic, that why didn't the students go look through the rubble to see if Ben actually killed Luke before blaming him?
😂
@Birdwoman
hello Birdwoman - you offer an interesting perspective! True.. it is curious everyone assumes Luke is dead.
I figured the synopsis suggested lots was happening and they were distracted. There seems to be a theme of people blaming Ben and assuming, without knowing the full story.. Maybe I've missed something (always possible), but this new info doesn't tell us everything that happened - only that the night ended with Ben leaving with the rest of the students in pursuit and blaming Ben for Luke's 'death'. We also know some students died that night, and that the KOR were there that night (This is based on the 'Everything you need to know' canon book - which could technically be overruled by the movies).

So what happened between that roof coming down on Ben and Luke, and Ben fleeing with students pursuing him for murdering Luke?
Let the theorising fun continue!!! Very Happy
I was surprised to see this reveal in a comic synopsis, I figure we'll fill in the significant gaps in TROS.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 8:14 am

@DeeBee wrote:
@12 Parsnips

-lol I smell the sweet smell of a great story.
I think LFL has intentionally led many fans to view the ST differently. LFL have fanned the flames of disagreement between the fans to stir up interest, passionate views and discourse. I’m not a fan of this approach, I have no control over what they do – but I can choose whether to engage with it or not. I choose not.
Rofl. Yes unconscious guy was a terrible narrator! Lol! I love how you put that!  Laughing

For me, this new insight into events that night at the Jedi Academy makes TLJ story even more powerful – When Rey heard both Kylo/Ben and Luke’s versions of that night- She didn’t jump to the conclusion that Kylo/Ben was all to blame – and it seems like up to TLJ, Kylo/Ben had been blamed by everyone for everything. I can see how having Rey really hear him and believe him would have had a very powerful impact on Kylo/Ben and his heart. H-beatingH-beatingH-beating Me thinks this contributed to his growing feelings for her!!!!  H-beating Finally! Someone hasn’t assumed he is a monster!!! And.. sees him! [Very beauty and the beast wouldn’t you all say?!]  H-beating

Yes! And conversely, Rey has someone to actually hear her for once, and understands her aloneness...

@DeeBee wrote:Re Snoke – yes there is a part of the novel where Snoke talks about having influenced Luke. The novelisation says:
“…And so Snoke had drawn upon his vast store of knowledge, parcelling it out to confuse Skywalker’s path, ensnare his family, and harness Ben Solo’s powers to ensure both Skywalker’s destruction and Snoke’s
triumph.” [this is the start of ch 25 where Snoke’s POV mentions Palpatine too!]
Now Palpatine is back in some way, I am thinking he could have been influencing Luke too! Lol.  

I don’t have one view only that I must stick with (honest!) but since learning about the secret force bond that a dark side user can create without the other side knowing – that can be used to steer and corrupt the other- I’ve really connected with the idea that Palpatine had this kinda of bond with Anakin, with Luke, and now…. With Kylo/Ben – but I may be stretching that too far.. and it may be just Kylo/Ben lol... or no one haaaa..
But.. if Palpatine had a secret force bond with Luke – it could have steered his actions that night and corrupted things. Palpatine corrupting Kylo/Ben via the bond in that moment, while also steering Luke to look inside? For me it’s an explanation I just plain like. Lol.
I had forgotten all about it but there was actually an example of this kind of steering/corruption taking place in one of the comics. I'll try and find it again..

I see Snoke as evil, but Palpatine was the bigger evil working behind the scenes, and probably using Snoke to achieve his own ends. With Snoke’s death in TLJ and Palpatine’s return in TROS this seems likely..but who knows!

Oh, thank you for saving my lazy self from having to dig out my novelization!  Laughing

In the Skytalkers podcast breakdown of the trailer, they speculated that the line "your coming together will be your undoing" is about Palps intending to manipulate Rey and Ben's bond to carry out his plans. Which is a real possibility, since we know that Snoke did the same to some degree with the bond that Rey and Ben already had.

But it's pretty clear that Palps can also just manipulate people like mad. Maybe he uses his Dark Side powers to cloud their minds or whatever, or he could just be using his plain old nasty human powers. I kind of think that's all that was going on with his manipulation of Anakin re: Padme's potential death. But I wouldn't count out Force stuff either.

As for Snoke, I gotta be honest, I have no idea how he fits in with all this. I kind of don't care at the moment, but I think once the dust settles I will want to know how much Palps was involved with Snoke, if at all.

@DeeBee wrote:Yes I understand that fuzziness re leaks can happen – this is one reason I’ve chosen to not do leaks. They don’t factor into my thinking and I prefer it that way. But… thanks for being so considerate!

Same! I love seeing new force powers! Wasn’t there an interview where JJ said Rey was going to be doing some new things?!
I was wondering if that cover of The Rise of Kylo Ren is showing Luke actually raising the force barrier to protect Ben. As Luke is looking in their direction.
Eventually, Ben may have learned it too. Though I guess in TFA we saw him stop that blaster bolt – not to me the same thing as the blast just froze, whereas in this image the blaster shot seems to be ricocheting off the barrier.. but yeah very cool! I hope we see it in TROS!

I can't think of a specific JJ quote, but it does ring a bell. I know Chris Terrio said that the two main questions of TRoS are "Who is Rey?" and "What can the Force do?" I am so ready for more weird Force stuff...I'm popping popcorn now to make sure I'll have enough for December.  Razz

@DeeBee wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:Am I the only who read the synopsis of the Kylo Ten comic, that why didn't the students go look through the rubble to see if Ben actually killed Luke before blaming him?
😂
@Birdwoman
hello Birdwoman - you offer an interesting perspective! True.. it is curious everyone assumes Luke is dead.
I figured the synopsis suggested lots was happening and they were distracted. There seems to be a theme of people blaming Ben and assuming, without knowing the full story.. Maybe I've missed something (always possible), but this new info doesn't tell us everything that happened - only that the night ended with Ben leaving with the rest of the students in pursuit and blaming Ben for Luke's 'death'. We also know some students died that night, and that the KOR were there that night (This is based on the 'Everything you need to know' canon book - which could technically be overruled by the movies).

So what happened between that roof coming down on Ben and Luke, and Ben fleeing with students pursuing him for murdering Luke?  
Let the theorising fun continue!!!  Very Happy
I was surprised to see this reveal in a comic synopsis, I figure we'll fill in the significant gaps in TROS.
sunny

@DeeBee

I'm wondering how the reveal of Leia's parentage (from Bloodline affected both Luke and Ben at Luke's temple. It makes sense to me that the students would jump to the conclusion that Vader's grandson had killed their beloved teacher...but surely they would also figure out that their beloved teacher is also Vader's son?

The thing is, Luke was not entirely wrong with what he saw in Ben's head--"He would bring destruction and pain and death...and the end of everything I love because of what he will become"--but as with Anakin's dreams of Padme dying, Luke misunderstood the vision and acted to prevent it, thereby setting it in motion himself.

Something fishy was definitely going on at that temple beyond just Luke being suspicious of his nephew's darkness. Otherwise he would not have gone in there with his saber lit in the middle of the night.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 9:02 am

Glad I'm not the only one who recognised the tragic similarities between Anakin's actions and Luke's.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 10:56 am

[quote="12 Parsnips"]
@DeeBee wrote:
@12 Parsnips

I'm wondering how the reveal of Leia's parentage (from Bloodline affected both Luke and Ben at Luke's temple. It makes sense to me that the students would jump to the conclusion that Vader's grandson had killed their beloved teacher...but surely they would also figure out that their beloved teacher is also Vader's son?

The thing is, Luke was not entirely wrong with what he saw in Ben's head--"He would bring destruction and pain and death...and the end of everything I love because of what he will become"--but as with Anakin's dreams of Padme dying, Luke misunderstood the vision and acted to prevent it, thereby setting it in motion himself.

Something fishy was definitely going on at that temple beyond just Luke being suspicious of his nephew's darkness. Otherwise he would not have gone in there with his saber lit in the middle of the night.
@12 Parsnips

It's like an Ancient Greek tragedy.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:17 pm

With Council of Geeks, they are gender fluid and progressive.  (If I recall, they did not like TLJ because of what happened to Luke - correct me if I am wrong), and they are very concerned about Palpatine's return because it, for them, negates the victory in ROTJ.  However, it is made clear - childhood is not ruined, and there is not a hatred of the ST, only meh.  Interesting opinion to consider, and I hope their general love of SW returns (versus only for the OT, and a bit of the PT).  They are hoping to have their mind changed, and return to a general love of the franchise.  

Fascinating watch!

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 12:42 pm

Although it's a good idea for Palpatine, through Snoke, to be influencing the Skywalker line, I hope it doesn't make it out that Luke was 'possessed' when he ignited his lightsabre in Ben's hut.
Kylo was abused psychologically and physically by Snoke, but he doesn't get a 'free pass' for the things he's done. Why should Luke?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:27 pm

[quote="Armadeus"]
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
@12 Parsnips

@12 Parsnips

It's like an Ancient Greek tragedy.
@Armadeus

100%!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:59 am

I came across STONEPOWER on Wookiepedia, which is set in canon and more specifically Yoda's Secret Wars comics...What if Leia's ring in TLJ was made from this, so this also was a tool for her to get back to the Raddus?

Definition from Wookiepedia:
Stonepower was an aspect of the Force only attainable by being in proximity to blue stone, a type of stone imbued with the Living Force. Attaining stonepower allowed individuals who were not Force-sensitive to be able to perform feats like telekinesis.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:43 am

@12 Parsnips wrote: Oh, thank you for saving my lazy self from having to dig out my novelization!  Laughing

In the Skytalkers podcast breakdown of the trailer, they speculated that the line "your coming together will be your undoing" is about Palps intending to manipulate Rey and Ben's bond to carry out his plans. Which is a real possibility, since we know that Snoke did the same to some degree with the bond that Rey and Ben already had.
@12 Parsnips
lol you are not lazy! sounds good to me! yes Palpatine will use whatever is available!

@12 Parsnips wrote: But it's pretty clear that Palps can also just manipulate people like mad. Maybe he uses his Dark Side powers to cloud their minds or whatever, or he could just be using his plain old nasty human powers. I kind of think that's all that was going on with his manipulation of Anakin re: Padme's potential death. But I wouldn't count out Force stuff either.
Very true - clouding minds is a great way of putting it. Because people can resist if they are careful and watch out..
Star wars is big on people making choices and being responsible for their actions..
Palpatine can steer and influences without a secret force bond! One thing I like about Palpatine is that what he does with individuals across the saga, we also see him do on a galaxy wide scale - micro and macro - he will steer and corrupt and it's up to the galaxy, and it's individuals to fight and resist and help each other!

@12 Parsnips wrote: As for Snoke, I gotta be honest, I have no idea how he fits in with all this. I kind of don't care at the moment, but I think once the dust settles I will want to know how much Palps was involved with Snoke, if at all.
Yeah true! No one seems to be demanding Snoke's back story at the moment! haaa!

@12 Parsnips wrote:

-yeah!!! the wider implications of the bloodlines reveal are at the moment pretty much brushed over!
When I saw the Rise of Kylo Ren cover - I did have the thought: I wonder if the KOR know that Luke is Vader's son, and Ben is his grandson? So curious and full of possibilities! It's going to be lots of fun enjoying the unfolding of this story!
Yes indeed - Kylo did end up bringing pain to those Luke loves.. the vision still works without it being a manipulation of some kind. but, it could have been a manipulation of Palpatine or Snoke's (who knows!) that prompted Luke to look in the first place, that gave him those doubts which lead to that choice to look inside.. whooooo.. tee hee..

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who recognised the tragic similarities between Anakin's actions and Luke's.
@motherofpearl1 - You are not alone! (lol) this was discussed much after TLJ.
@Armadeus – Exactly!! I think it’s a deliberate storytelling choice!

@Starliteprism wrote:
I came across STONEPOWER on Wookiepedia, which is set in canon and more specifically Yoda's Secret Wars comics...What if Leia's ring in TLJ was made from this, so this also was a tool for her to get back to the Raddus?

Definition from Wookiepedia:
Stonepower was an aspect of the Force only attainable by being in proximity to blue stone, a type of stone imbued with the Living Force. Attaining stonepower allowed individuals who were not Force-sensitive to be able to perform feats like telekinesis.
@Starliteprism
Very interesting! I’ve actually read that Yoda comic series – I don’t remember much about it, except that it was seriously weird!! Lol I might try and find it again..
– I’m still super curious about Snoke’s ring! Razz
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Spark of the Resistance: Mekle and Reylo

Post by DeeBee on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 5:26 am

Hi Everyone! I've been away and had the chance to read Spark of Resistance. I won't spoilerise as this doesn't give the books' whole plot away... but if you want to be truly spoiler free for the novel maybe skip this comment! I'm thinking I'll share tidbits I found interesting in Takodana Woods.. but.. there is one part of this story I'd like to share here - as I think it's relates to Reylo.

As you would expect, Spark of the Resistance doesn't give definitive answers about Rey and the force.. but the story touches on how Rey grapples with whether to act or not, (following on from Luke’s lesson in TLJ), if or how the force is guiding her-  What is the force wanting her to do? She seems to not be confident in her use of the force, not sure how to use the force, and there is nooooo mention of the Jedi texts at all. Very curious… maybe she reads them after this in the timeline.. The events of this novel are after the Allegiance comics – where we also saw Rey struggling to connect with what is her unique path forward when considering her special connection to the force. [I'll try and come back to that comic series later too!]

The question of how the force guides seems to be answered by the end of the book – but the answer is still hard to pin down. Through the story unfolding, it is clear the force is at work.. and that when it is important it intervenes to make clear the path forward, or to offer assistance.. and how it might do that seems to be limitless or without bounds to me.

I will share one way the force guided this story which immediately caught my attention, and being a forum of reylos I think this is going to be of interest to you too!
Early in the book, the MF is shot at, and it’s engines are failing.. Rey steers the ship down to the surface of Minfar (a planet) – coming into the atmosphere of Minfar, the MF is met by a large flying beast which we later learn is called a Mekle.
page 54-55 wrote:
They broke into the atmosphere with a bump, harder than Rey would have expected, and she didn’t ponder why. The faster they landed, the sooner she and Rose could give the ship a once-over. Until then, she just had to focus on flying. And landing.
A dark shadow swooped past, lighting up a number of sensors, and Rey banked the Falcon hard to the left…..
….but the shadow came back, and this time Rey was able to get a good look at it. A giant flying beast swooped past, letting out a primordial scream. The noise of it reverberated through the ship, leaving Rey’s bones vibrating. The creature had two sets of wings – one black, the other white. What looked to be interlocking black and white scales coated its sinuous body, giving it a patterned look that shifted as it flew through the air. The creature was at least twice the size of the Millennium Falcon, and Rey’s mouth went dry as the beast circled back around.
“Uh, Rey, does that thing look angry to you?” Poe asked, eyes wide.
“It does not look happy, not at all.”
The creature flew right at them, and Rey moved quickly. She banked the Falcon so the monster few past them.
“Rey, get us out of here!” Poe yelled.
“I’m trying!” Rey yelled back.
Rey didn’t have much time to think. A heavy canopy of trees stood not ar off, and she steered the ship in that direction.
“Where are you going?” Poe asked, his gaze on the thing chasing them.
“Those trees are pretty close together, and that thing is pretty big. Let’s see how it does in the jungle.”
“Poe leaned back in his chair and gave Rey a slightly panicked look. “I said I was sorry I doubted you were a great pilot. That doesn’t mean you have to prove me wrong.”
That made Rey grin. “Hold on.”

Two sets of wings, one black and one white? With interlocking black and white scales coating it’s body?!!!!!!!!!
Is it just me or does this scream Reylo imagery? Lol has anyone said this already? [I’ve not been online for the last 4 days]

The Mekle are seen later in the novel attacking a first order camp and eating first order soldiers.

Spoilers for Spark of the Resistance Finale- so I guess I should spoiler?! :
Then, the Mekle return toward the books’ finale.. a whole flock of them- right when Rey and Rose are under attack… and the first order are close to getting away with the Echo Horn. [An old empire weapon that I won't get into here!]
They return right when Rey is having a moment of reaching out and truly connecting to the force. Very significant! It’s like she calls out to the force, and it answers with the assistance of the Mekle. The black and white Mekle..
page 200-201 wrote:
Rey took a deep breath and closed her eyes. All this time she’d been trying to reach for the Force, the spot inside of her that felt more connected to everything. Again and again it had been for naught, and she’d gotten more and more frustrated.
But this time she relaxed into the warm potential of the Force and she asked it to guide her, to make her steady, to lead her on a path that was successful. She wasn’t a jedi, and she was nothing like Luke Skywalker, but for a moment Rey sensed something – a spark of possibility, an inkling of potential – and she felt more centred and infinitely more capable.
The force was all around, just as it always had been, but this time Rey could feel it. And within that source of energy, she asked for help from Minfar.
When she opened her eyes, she still saw the TIE fighters. She also saw a flock of the giant creatures that had attacked them on their way to Minfar, approaching at a very high rate of speed.
“Um, Rey, are you seeing this?” Rose asked.
“Yes. Don’t worry about them, just focus on the fighters” she said. She couldn’t have explained why, but she felt like the creatures were there to help.
“Hey, do you see the company you’re about to have?” Poe cut in over the commlink.
“It’s okay, Poe. We’ve got this!” Rey called.
One of the winged creatures forced a fighter to the ground, the ship exploding in a fiery cloud. “Hey, I guess these giant flying things are here to help!” Rose yelled.

The Mekle and the MF together deal with all the tie fighters..

So what do you all make of the Mekle?
The concept of Rey asking Minfar, for help through the force is very interesting.. like the force makes the planet sentient or something.. very curious to see how all this plays out in TROS.
Black and white - combining as a chosen instrument of the force -thoughts anyone?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:23 am

@DeeBee wrote:Hi Everyone! I've been away and had the chance to read Spark of Resistance. I won't spoilerise as this doesn't give the books' whole plot away... but if you want to be truly spoiler free for the novel maybe skip this comment! I'm thinking I'll share tidbits I found interesting in Takodana Woods.. but.. there is one part of this story I'd like to share here - as I think it's relates to Reylo.

As you would expect, Spark of the Resistance doesn't give definitive answers about Rey and the force.. but the story touches on how Rey grapples with whether to act or not, (following on from Luke’s lesson in TLJ), if or how the force is guiding her-  What is the force wanting her to do? She seems to not be confident in her use of the force, not sure how to use the force, and there is nooooo mention of the Jedi texts at all. Very curious… maybe she reads them after this in the timeline.. The events of this novel are after the Allegiance comics – where we also saw Rey struggling to connect with what is her unique path forward when considering her special connection to the force. [I'll try and come back to that comic series later too!]

The question of how the force guides seems to be answered by the end of the book – but the answer is still hard to pin down. Through the story unfolding, it is clear the force is at work.. and that when it is important it intervenes to make clear the path forward, or to offer assistance.. and how it might do that seems to be limitless or without bounds to me.

I will share one way the force guided this story which immediately caught my attention, and being a forum of reylos I think this is going to be of interest to you too!
Early in the book, the MF is shot at, and it’s engines are failing.. Rey steers the ship down to the surface of Minfar (a planet) – coming into the atmosphere of Minfar, the MF is met by a large flying beast which we later learn is called a Mekle.
page 54-55 wrote:
They broke into the atmosphere with a bump, harder than Rey would have expected, and she didn’t ponder why. The faster they landed, the sooner she and Rose could give the ship a once-over. Until then, she just had to focus on flying. And landing.
A dark shadow swooped past, lighting up a number of sensors, and Rey banked the Falcon hard to the left…..
….but the shadow came back, and this time Rey was able to get a good look at it. A giant flying beast swooped past, letting out a primordial scream. The noise of it reverberated through the ship, leaving Rey’s bones vibrating. The creature had two sets of wings – one black, the other white. What looked to be interlocking black and white scales coated its sinuous body, giving it a patterned look that shifted as it flew through the air. The creature was at least twice the size of the Millennium Falcon, and Rey’s mouth went dry as the beast circled back around.
“Uh, Rey, does that thing look angry to you?” Poe asked, eyes wide.
“It does not look happy, not at all.”
The creature flew right at them, and Rey moved quickly. She banked the Falcon so the monster few past them.
“Rey, get us out of here!” Poe yelled.
“I’m trying!” Rey yelled back.
Rey didn’t have much time to think. A heavy canopy of trees stood not ar off, and she steered the ship in that direction.
“Where are you going?” Poe asked, his gaze on the thing chasing them.
“Those trees are pretty close together, and that thing is pretty big. Let’s see how it does in the jungle.”
“Poe leaned back in his chair and gave Rey a slightly panicked look. “I said I was sorry I doubted you were a great pilot. That doesn’t mean you have to prove me wrong.”
That made Rey grin. “Hold on.”

Two sets of wings, one black and one white? With interlocking black and white scales coating it’s body?!!!!!!!!!
Is it just me or does this scream Reylo imagery? Lol has anyone said this already? [I’ve not been online for the last 4 days]

The Mekle are seen later in the novel attacking a first order camp and eating first order soldiers.

Spoilers for Spark of the Resistance Finale- so I guess I should spoiler?! :
Then, the Mekle return toward the books’ finale.. a whole flock of them- right when Rey and Rose are under attack… and the first order are close to getting away with the Echo Horn. [An old empire weapon that I won't get into here!]
They return right when Rey is having a moment of reaching out and truly connecting to the force. Very significant! It’s like she calls out to the force, and it answers with the assistance of the Mekle. The black and white Mekle..
page 200-201 wrote:
Rey took a deep breath and closed her eyes. All this time she’d been trying to reach for the Force, the spot inside of her that felt more connected to everything. Again and again it had been for naught, and she’d gotten more and more frustrated.
But this time she relaxed into the warm potential of the Force and she asked it to guide her, to make her steady, to lead her on a path that was successful. She wasn’t a jedi, and she was nothing like Luke Skywalker, but for a moment Rey sensed something – a spark of possibility, an inkling of potential – and she felt more centred and infinitely more capable.
The force was all around, just as it always had been, but this time Rey could feel it. And within that source of energy, she asked for help from Minfar.
When she opened her eyes, she still saw the TIE fighters. She also saw a flock of the giant creatures that had attacked them on their way to Minfar, approaching at a very high rate of speed.
“Um, Rey, are you seeing this?” Rose asked.
“Yes. Don’t worry about them, just focus on the fighters” she said. She couldn’t have explained why, but she felt like the creatures were there to help.
“Hey, do you see the company you’re about to have?” Poe cut in over the commlink.
“It’s okay, Poe. We’ve got this!” Rey called.
One of the winged creatures forced a fighter to the ground, the ship exploding in a fiery cloud. “Hey, I guess these giant flying things are here to help!” Rose yelled.

The Mekle and the MF together deal with all the tie fighters..

So what do you all make of the Mekle?
The concept of Rey asking Minfar, for help through the force is very interesting.. like the force makes the planet sentient or something.. very curious to see how all this plays out in TROS.
Black and white - combining as a chosen instrument of the force -thoughts anyone?
sunny
@DeeBee

I am curious how you know this book is set after the Allegiance comics? Very Happy Smile

Without reading the book, I definitely agree you are onto something.

Moreover, I am not surprised the Force is kinda giving her the silent treatment (probably giving it to Ben, too). The Force wants them to work together to heal and balance the GFFA, and an added plus is Reylo! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 3:05 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey - super quick.... it’s after the allegiance comics because there is mention in the book of the visit to mon Cala and the outcome for the resistance of the comic storyline. Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 3:17 pm

@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - super quick.... it’s after the allegiance comics because there is mention in the book of the visit to mon Cala and the outcome for the resistance of the comic storyline. Very Happy
@DeeBee

Ah!  Why are they released out of order like this? lol Very Happy haha

Matt Martin did tweet/imply that the book Resistance Reborn is the endpoint for all  - or most - of the fictional books and comics in the Journey to Star Wars  (of characters only introduced in the books and comics, oh video games too I think, -minus I'm thinking, the Rise of Kylo Ren comic book miniseries).  So, in that way, it will be fun/easter egg to read. Very Happy Smile

"If you read one book before December 20: make it this one. It's so fun and has so many connections to all the other stories we've been telling over the last several years!"

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1190381179708395520
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:35 am

Adam Driver Season

This new Adam article refers to Rey as Kylo’s “enemy crush.” Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:43 am

More like the love of his life!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 11:11 am

Remember Patrick of the Felicity theory? Also has multiple very good SW videos, including one about visual storytelling I put here a while back which I highly recommend. As well as his videos about the limitations of the MCU. Here he analyses the SW trailers of the past 5 years, about the blending of the new and old, both visually and in music.

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 3:49 am

Hi everyone! Whooo pretty quiet around here!
I guess we are getting pretty close to showtime huh!
I’m not able to go into the spoilers thread anymore, which is my own choice but, it’s the thread that sees the most action here of late.. sooo forgive me if I’m late to the party on this but...
I’m anxiously awaiting my copy of the secrets of the Jedi book! Amazon haven’t shipped my book yet and it was supposed to be released yesterday! Gah!
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has gotten hold of it yet?
I see in this article HERE that the book comes with a little card telling us how to translate aurbesh! I am so excited for this book!

I see what the force has interviewed the author?!
I gotta listen to that!!!

Im slowly reading resistance reborn but... haven’t had much Star Wars time of late... oh well.. the main thing is to enjoy what we do as much as we can- Star Wars is for fun so I’m just gonna go with the flow and put no pressure on me to get the book finished lol.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 6:51 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Although it's a good idea for Palpatine, through Snoke, to be influencing the Skywalker line, I hope it doesn't make it out that Luke was 'possessed' when he ignited his lightsabre in Ben's hut.
Kylo was abused psychologically and physically by Snoke, but he doesn't get a 'free pass' for the things he's done. Why should Luke?
@motherofpearl1

Yes, I agree with you.

@DeeBee wrote:Hi everyone! Whooo pretty quiet around here!
I guess we are getting pretty close to showtime huh!
I’m not able to go into the spoilers thread anymore, which is my own choice but, it’s the thread that sees the most action here of late.. sooo forgive me if I’m late to the party on this but...
I’m anxiously awaiting my copy of the secrets of the Jedi book! Amazon haven’t shipped my book yet and it was supposed to be released yesterday! Gah!
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has gotten hold of it yet?
I see in this article HERE that the book comes with a little card telling us how to translate aurbesh! I am so excited for this book!

I see what the force has interviewed the author?!
I gotta listen to that!!!

Im slowly reading resistance reborn but... haven’t had much Star Wars time of late... oh well.. the main thing is to enjoy what we do as much as we can- Star Wars is for fun so I’m just gonna go with the flow and put no pressure on me to get the book finished lol.
sunny
@DeeBee

I believe all of us are waiting for more teaser spots and more marketing material. I ask myself, when will they drop the international trailer.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 6:02 am

Trevorrow got only a story credit. Seems like he applied to have arbitrage. LF didn't give him a screenplay credit and WGA decided to give only story credit so...they is almost nothing in TROS script from him except few details. Ardnt got a screenplay credit for TFA.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 2:01 pm

I thought I saw somewhere that GL had a writing credit, but maybe that's more like a "based on characters by" kind of thing.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Yesterday at 3:23 am

Hiya, came across a new (to me) image.. [sorry if this has already been shared in the spoilers thread I wouldn't know]
maybe this is new to someone else too!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Mf_310
SOURCE

Interesting to see that Poe finally gets to pilot the MF! (after longing to in Spark of the Resistance!)
If I had to guess, I'd say this is related to the sequence where these three storm the star destroyer.
It could be that Rey is on the guns.. but I don't see why she would not be piloting instead.
So, I'm guessing either arriving at the star destroyer, or leaving that star destroyer - or both- Rey is separated from these three.
Interesting to see no bicep injury on Poe for this moment too.. this suggests it's before they reach Kef Bir.
I couldn't see well enough in the trailer if Poe had the bicep injury when these three were running on the star destroyer.
It also looks like he isn't wearing his scarf that he wears on Pasaana which is then later wrapped around his bicep. Interesting..
At least... I think there is no bicep injury on his left bicep and it looks like the arm is bent and we would see it - what do you think? gah! Now I don't know.. lol!

Lastly, also interesting that both Poe and Chewie have the headset on... communicating with someone on guns? or.. another ship?

Hey any other new images or articles that have been shared in the spoilers thread that maybe haven't been shared outside that thread? Us spoiler avoiders are open to official images, and press coverage but I'm not risking going into the spoilers thread. I've convinced myself if I do my head will explode. rofl.
Hope you are all well and enjoying the lead up during this special time- we are almost there!!!
sunny

hi again.. just came across this Rey Limited edition pin..
SOURCE
here it is in the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Rey_pi10
and out of the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Rey_pi11
What I find interesting is the use of the hexagon - I've never seen this before..
Rey is not usually seen with a hexagon + jedi order symbol behind her. What a curious combination! [In the packaging she is actually surrounded by 2 hexagons.. also really interesting to see her with the typical Kylo pose with the right hand outstretched like that.. hmm!] Thoughts anyone?

Okay guys!!!
SOURCE
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Force_11
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 8 Force_10
What is this force rage business?!
Looks like the red cracks light up when he is having a force rage!!!
Do you think it's possible this is a toy thing only and doesn't translate into TROS?
Is Kylo's mask gonna glow brightly when he is really mad?!
Thoughts?
i actually think this looks really cool - it's an interesting way to show how Kylo is feeling with the mask on lol...
Ohhh this is flippin hilarious - there's a video of it haaaa!!!
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0bb253781df74339922dfd02a64f832c?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0

Last edited by DeeBee on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added additional comments..)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum