Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 12:47 pm

@motherofpearl1
Wonder what we’ll get on May 4th ? Am expecting something Star Wars related released on that day whether it’s merchandise , media or news of some sort. We normally get something. Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 12:51 pm

October for the trailer....
How on earth am I going to be able to wait?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 26 Apr 2019, 6:29 pm

I've been thinking we haven't seen the first trailer yet. What we saw was a teaser. Am I mistaken?

@motherofpearl1 there is loads of new canon materials coming out between now and December -which directly tie into TROS or the ST so I'm confident we'll have plenty to occupy us Very Happy
...also other new SW projects like the Mandalorian. it's going to be a busy SW year!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 3:14 pm

I just want to say that it's so funny but I REALLY can't get used to typing TRoS. It was easy to transition into writing TLJ when discussing VIII once we knew its name, but I still want to write Episode IX and not the movie's actual name acronym.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 3:24 pm

I'm still trying to get my head around it too!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 9:14 pm

I haven’t been keeping up with all the threads recently so sorry if this has already been posted, but lol, Auralnauts Kylo is totally a Reylo and Bendemptionist  Laughing He’s either in denial about, or hasn’t figured out that opening scene though  Razz

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 08 May 2019, 6:37 pm

When you see a couple sharing a carton of ice cream they've hit the next step in their relationship. Laughing
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 JaVwARy

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 08 May 2019, 8:47 pm

@Darth Dementor LOL. And for all the worry over what's going to happen in the next chapter, the marketing doesn't lie. Paired dolls, paired his and her colognes, a special ice cream, and the entire Dole fruit campaign. It points to the characters/relationship which make the audience engaged with the movie. So doing anything in the final chapter which doesn't put that at the center, just from a cold marketing point-of-view sounds really foolish.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 08 May 2019, 9:32 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Darth Dementor LOL. And for all the worry over what's going to happen in the next chapter, the marketing doesn't lie. Paired dolls, paired his and her colognes, a special ice cream, and the entire Dole fruit campaign. It points to the characters/relationship which make the audience engaged with the movie. So doing anything in the final chapter which doesn't put that at the center, just from a cold marketing point-of-view sounds really foolish.
@snufkin

I actually bought that special ice cream from New Jersey or whatever, lol. They were all good, but the Dark Side one was amazing, and I usually hate chocolate ice cream! Kylo brought his special magic to the ice cream, lol, and now Reylo are bringing their "special magic" to Breyer's, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 08 May 2019, 10:01 pm

@SoloSideCousin I wonder what their focus groups had to say about the characters and how they tasted! Though calling Rey vanilla is a disservice as she's a little more complicated than that, especially slashing his face open. It's obviously still a popular flavor if they're still putting it out in stores 18 months after the movie's release. And we know that Waffle House now has a Reylo waffle which even got a shout out from official SW account and LF staff on social media. I wasn't really paying attention during the PT era, but I can't really think of anything besides the Darth Maul Pizza Hut campaign and even then, it wasn't still running long after the movies had left the theater.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 08 May 2019, 10:15 pm

@snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin I wonder what their focus groups had to say about the characters and how they tasted! Though calling Rey vanilla is a disservice as she's a little more complicated than that, especially slashing his face open. It's obviously still a popular flavor if they're still putting it out in stores 18 months after the movie's release. And we know that Waffle House now has a Reylo waffle which even got a shout out from official SW account and LF staff on social media. I wasn't really paying attention during the PT era, but I can't really think of anything besides the Darth Maul Pizza Hut campaign and even then, it wasn't still running long after the movies had left the theater.
@snufkin

Wait! Waffle House has an actual Rey and Kylo waffle on their menu?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 08 May 2019, 10:24 pm

@SoloSideCousin Can we use canon in this context, as in it's probably not canon being on their menu. But you can apparently ask for the peanut butter and chocolate chip waffle, which LF team members on social media have given a shout out to. And Waffle House doesn't mess around, their hurricane and blizzard tracking teams are the benchmark NOAA follows because they have a crack forecasting and logistics team. So if I were affiliated with Lucasfilm, especially the marketing and merchandizing teams, that's something to pay attention to.

Though dammit, when will we ever get the Kylo Ren hair care products and styling tools to harness the power of the darkside on your hair?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 08 May 2019, 11:46 pm

@snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin Can we use canon in this context, as in it's probably not canon being on their menu. But you can apparently ask for the peanut butter and chocolate chip waffle, which LF team members on social media have given a shout out to. And Waffle House doesn't mess around, their hurricane and blizzard tracking teams are the benchmark NOAA follows because they have a crack forecasting and logistics team. So if I were affiliated with Lucasfilm, especially the marketing and merchandizing teams, that's something to pay attention to.

Though dammit, when will we ever get the Kylo Ren hair care products and styling tools to harness the power of the darkside on your hair?
@snufkin

No kidding!!! All I see is Kid's Suave! I want some Kylo Ren Special Dark L'Oreal Professional (or insert any snooty, expensive brand that makes L'Oreal Professional look like Suave). :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Thu 09 May 2019, 5:17 am

Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 09 May 2019, 8:31 am

@Geralt_Riv
Nice video!
I think I would play this game if it were real, it looks fun. Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 09 May 2019, 8:45 am

@snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin Can we use canon in this context, as in it's probably not canon being on their menu. But you can apparently ask for the peanut butter and chocolate chip waffle, which LF team members on social media have given a shout out to. And Waffle House doesn't mess around, their hurricane and blizzard tracking teams are the benchmark NOAA follows because they have a crack forecasting and logistics team. So if I were affiliated with Lucasfilm, especially the marketing and merchandizing teams, that's something to pay attention to.

@snufkin

I think when they described the dish on their twitter they also put: "Truly a waffle for the Reylos." Lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 May 2019, 12:12 am

@nickandnora I saw that! Have to say, the Reylo waffle Tweet > what I remember from the Phantom Menace's rollout commercial where a Pizza Hut delivery driver faced off against Darth Maul. Or if LF was smart, they'd do a waffles tie-in for TROS where Rey is tempted by the Darkside because it includes a waffle bar.

ETA - oh yeah the children's Kylo shampoo, smell like the Darkside. @BastilaBey sent me the photos of it for sale at her local Costco but I've yet to see it at the one in my neighborhood.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Fri 17 May 2019, 1:47 am

Hi all. Not sure if this has been posted before, maybe it has and I missed it. Anyway, I thought it was excellent and I keep rewatching it Smile

LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 26 May 2019, 11:09 pm

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 29 May 2019, 9:49 am

Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge Dedication Ceremony Livestream tonight!

Who knows if TROS news will be relayed, yet if not, I still think it will be fun and interesting to watch. Very Happy

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 29 May 2019, 5:53 pm

Courtesy of Sleemo, here is the link (I inserted the YouTube video as well) for viewing the livestream for the Galaxy Edge Dedication Ceremony (with information when it's airing - i.e. "Live in 4 hours" is what I see now when I check it haha Very Happy. Helpful for me - I am ditzy lol Very Happy)

https://youtu.be/BFlzXfQb-UQ

Link for Sleemo's tweet about it Very Happy

https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1133837286246932481
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 29 May 2019, 11:09 pm

Meme and Gif gold, thanks to Bob Iger Smile

He mentioned "Romantic Fantasy" in describing SW. (at ~15 minutes and 21/22 seconds)

Embed beginning ~ the 15 minute mark Very Happy

The entire Dedication Ceremony
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Empty helmet

Post by DeeBee on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:05 am

Hello! this isn't spoiler.. and isn't prediction so hopefully this is the appropriate thread..
came across image 1) today from The Art of the Force Awakens book.
1) Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_o6f0638rL01v4q2hwo2_r1_500 Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Kerri-Russell-as-Zorri-Bliss-in-Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-cropped
Just wanted to ask you all.. anyone else think the concept art helmet looks similar to the Zorii Bliss helmet?
Would anyone thing it could mean something if the original concept of image 1) was for the Young Jedi killer?
I finally caved and ordered this book!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:18 am

When I look at it, I am reminded of pride and prejudice. I like it Smile

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 Tumblr_prxnpmfYvi1qfs1jqo1_500

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 4 51d5M05dlWL._SY450_
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:40 am

@DeeBee
It does look really similar have to say . I wonder what connection she is going to have to kylo /Ben? I was looking at her costume the other day and the gold bits look very snake skin like ( the pattern on them ) and she’s in purple which is balance ... hmm she’s a mystery .

@Teo oswald
It does look very pride and prejudice and don’t forget we have a general pryde in the first order now played by Richard E Grant ( to remind us of pride ). All Rey has to do now is overcome her prejudice of the dark side and what she thinks she knows about Ben /kylo.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum