Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 7:58 pm

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Yeah, Kylo will wear the mask for the first act but MSW and other sources say he will be without for the 2nd part. For him it's supposed to show his backtracking and then humanized version by the end. For Rey I'm hopeful that MSW says her hair is back in the buns for a practical reason.

I think it makes people nervous because her hair in TLJ signified her coming into womanhood and going back to buns potentially looks like her development with herself (and Kylo) backtracked. I doubt this is the case. Remember JJ has a different style than RJ even though both most likely enjoy Reylo and did/are doing things to make it happen.
@Lovely_Rose

An early regression for both is not surprising IMO.  Both let themselves become extremely vulnerable, especially Kylo with his proposal and "please", when both were used to a very guarded existence, and for her a fairly naive way of life, that probably existed for them just 10 days before, at the very most.  Then it all blew up.  So I can see them retreating to their corners.  I just hope that the regression doesn't last too long, and I hope that they are shown to be thinking about each other in a sad, longing way while in that regression.

Also, regarding Rey coming into her womanhood, I think that she got spooked.  She was all getting into his personal space with "I'll help you", but when he gave her that sexually charged look of "I want you right now," she looked at him for second, freezing in place, staring back, but then she abruptly turned and ran away and started with her "The fleet" business.  She realized how he felt and that he wanted to be with her, and for that quick second, she looked back at him too, but then got overwhelmed and scared of the sexual possibility there, and ran to the screens.  I think that in IX she will be ready to handle his desire and her own.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:04 am

@Night Huntress Oh those comments are almost always somebody's personal expectations because they don't like a certain character or direction the story went in. Or if they're sincere about it, they're confusing it with the Cautionary Tale. Or the type of storywhere a young woman has to figure out who she is as a person as part of coming-of-age, independent of being somebody's daughter or girlfriend/wife. Movies like Ladybird and Ruby in Paradise are great examples.

If the writing for IX suddenly pivoted to either of those tropes after 2 movies and the amount of detail they've put into a relationship with parallel (traumatic) life experiences, I don't know how they could pull it off successfully. Because on paper that sounds so bad, they may as well have kept Trevorrow's screenplay!

I do think that while they are touching on those examples of classic literature, like Jane Eyre leaving Thornfield Hall to finally stand on her own as nobody's servant, it's the same for Rey. She had to slam the door in his face but it won't stay closed. It'll be open again after she's gone out further into the world to gain more life experiences and develop more relationships as part of growing up. Which BTW is the theme of the television series JJ and Keri Russell first met on, Felicity.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 3:12 am

@Mila Lazarus

As much as I dont like the 3 bun hairstyle, the TFA visual dictionary says that the hairstyle is of simple design for desert survival, it makes sense with them being in Jordan.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 5:20 am

Hey so I was watching Strange Magic yesterday and wow so many parallels ! And the end (with what happened with the bog king) is exactly what I expect for kylo too.

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:16 am

Also that dude of Den of Nerds in his Knights of Ren video, is now thinking JJ might retcon Reylo, he goes back and forth with that. He says their stories obviously will be intertwined in IX, but that most likely the romance is not in the cards for them.. Ugh..

Just because there hasn't been any sighting of Adam and Daisy together on set, people are starting to panic...

On the contrary, I actually think it bodes well for Reylo, JJ has been keeping them a top secret for a reason, and there hasn't been any reliable leaks about them lately. So.. Yeah, I refuse to worry prematurely. study
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:30 pm

https://www.starwars.com/news/hasbro-galaxy-of-adventures-toy-fair-exclusive

A lonely scavenger in search of belonging. A vulnerable and vengeful child in a mask.
 Wink
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ladyMxx on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 1:08 pm

Now that's rather interesting. When TLJ merchandise was being promoted, it was all about Kylo embracing the dark side and having become stronger from it. Suddenly they are using Snoke's words? Confus
ladyMxx
ladyMxx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 2:24 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:Also that dude of Den of Nerds in his Knights of Ren video, is now thinking JJ might retcon Reylo, he goes back and forth with that. He says their stories obviously will be intertwined in IX, but that most likely the romance is not in the cards for them.. Ugh..

Just because there hasn't been any sighting of Adam and Daisy together on set, people are starting to panic...

On the contrary, I actually think it bodes well for Reylo, JJ has been keeping them a top secret for a reason, and there hasn't been any reliable leaks about them lately. So.. Yeah, I refuse to worry prematurely. study
@tukicarreno

Does anyone remember the quote from Rian where he supposedly said he left TLJ in mess for JJ? I never saw that quote myself, and before I saw the movie I thought how on earth could he leave a movie in such "a mess"...and then I saw TLJ and well, not gonna lie, I am still processing that movie myself. I thought RJ made it way too subtextual and ambiguous (and bless your heart Adam, people apparently DO need things dumbed down  Rolling Eyes ). So for us Reylo's who saw something between Rey and Ben in TFA, we were looking for the clues in TLJ, but the fan boys who just can't deal with symbolism and subtext, they need actual text, saw Ben Solo go batsh!t crazy on Crait and Rey closing the door on him at the end. So, therefore, all done, moving on, never was any Reylo, never will be, yada, yada...

Because RJ did indeed leave "a mess" (my opinion only), JJ has the freedom to take the story in any numerous ways. Will he go forward with romantic Reylo...I just don't know. I hope so because "fan-girl" notions aside, it's what so many of us saw in TFA and we would love to see the end be hopeful and redemptive.

That said, some "fan-boy" wobbling on whether or not romantic Reylo is a go or not because Daisy and Adam haven't been seen on set doesn't have me concerned. I just keep reminding myself that only time those two were confirmed filming together was when the pics of them in Ireland surfaced - and every fan-boy who had a YT channel made his own "confirmed" leak of Luke igniting the green/taking out the KoR/Kylo and Rey fighting at the cliff/Kylo pushing Rey off cliff/Luke calming walking up cliff to Kyo who gets scared and runs off and apparently gets attacked by birds...or something. When in reality, the two where filming some of the most personal/intimate scenes in the film. So far in the two movies, it's pretty clear AD and DR film on secured sound stages, so I am glad their scenes together are still a mystery. I hope we get a beautiful passionate kiss, so we Reylos can watch the fan-boys cry their own tears of hate on how JJ has ruined their lives...heeheee IYF

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TracylovesOUAT on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 9:55 pm

Apparently there's concept art costume leaks on Reddit now.  If real, IMO Rey's costume is decent, not as good as TLJ, but it works as a third costume.  The link is below (I'm assuming I post this here & not under "crack" but maybe that's where this should go???  It's possible this is fake & just based off of previous "leaks."  Otherwise, it does confirm the red mask thing.) It seems more legit than some, and if real, I find it interesting how Rey has a "bandage" over her arm scar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aooezp/leaked_episode_ix_concept_art_and_reference_photos/

TracylovesOUAT
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:12 pm

@TracylovesOUAT wrote:Apparently there's concept art costume leaks on Reddit now.  If real, IMO Rey's costume is decent, not as good as TLJ, but it works as a third costume.  The link is below (I'm assuming I post this here & not under "crack" but maybe that's where this should go???  It's possible this is fake & just based off of previous "leaks."  Otherwise, it does confirm the red mask thing.)  It seems more legit than some, and if real, I find it interesting how Rey has a "bandage" over her arm scar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aooezp/leaked_episode_ix_concept_art_and_reference_photos/
@TracylovesOUAT

Huh, it looks like a cross between TFA Scavenger and Padme in AotC. So...back to a lighter color, eh? I'm not so sure I'm buying it. A lot of these costumes look like they were taken from other movies and characters. Everyone in that thread is freaking out and thinks it's real though. Nope
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:18 pm

Wow, from the small picture she looks a lot like Padme.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:21 pm

Huh, all white. I don't like it; it looks impractical. It worked for Padme but doesn't fit Rey in my opinion. It definitely seems like Kylo is going for the "regression into what he was in TFA" look but like I said back when the cracks in the mask first leaked, that metaphor couldn't possibly be any more blatant.

I guess if anything, it makes Kylo and Rey look striking together. And Poe looks great! I wonder why Finn isn't on there. It seems to me like this specific image has been floating around for a while and the earlier leakers somehow got their eyes on it before the rest of us did and that's where their leaks came from.

Also, Rey's Padme-ish look is going to rev up two groups of people: Reywalkers and the "Reylo as reverse/reincarnation Anakin and Padme" theorists.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:31 pm

On one hand I sort of like that it emphasizes Rey and Kylo being embodiments of the Light and Dark in the force. There's a definite Yin and Yang feel to it. And it will definitely make their scenes together look beautiful and almost star-crossed.
I also get that this outfit can make it appear as if Rey is one-dimensionally Light and closed off from dark side influence (and thus not grey). However, this might not necessarily be a bad thing in terms of the narrative. We'll see going forward.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 10:36 pm

People are pointing back to this leak based on this leaked info: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a24dyj/some_info/?author=Xyzsvtabc

Episode 9: So plot info was pretty much non-existent here. They only mentioned that it takes place about a year after TLJ. They talked about the culmination of the movie being a battle between Rey and Kylo. The did show a ton or artwork of planets and characters. The said Kylo has his helmet back and that it has been put back together with some kind of red adhesive. It looked kinda cool with the red lines going through it. They also talked about Rey's lightsaber and how it's back and has been reforged. They said the reforge is not shown on screen. There's a new droid. It's name is Dio and it's sort of a sidekick to BB8. It's little and has sort of a cone shaped head, kind of like a megaphone shape if you can picture it. Beyond that it was just a lot of artwork and toy packaging. They mentioned various new planet terrains but the only one I remember was some kind of Jungle planet.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 11:09 pm

@ZioRen wrote:People are pointing back to this leak based on this leaked info: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a24dyj/some_info/?author=Xyzsvtabc

Episode 9: So plot info was pretty much non-existent here. They only mentioned that it takes place about a year after TLJ. They talked about the culmination of the movie being a battle between Rey and Kylo. The did show a ton or artwork of planets and characters. The said Kylo has his helmet back and that it has been put back together with some kind of red adhesive. It looked kinda cool with the red lines going through it. They also talked about Rey's lightsaber and how it's back and has been reforged. They said the reforge is not shown on screen. There's a new droid. It's name is Dio and it's sort of a sidekick to BB8. It's little and has sort of a cone shaped head, kind of like a megaphone shape if you can picture it. Beyond that it was just a lot of artwork and toy packaging. They mentioned various new planet terrains but the only one I remember was some kind of Jungle planet.
@ZioRen

Ugh, I was hoping that this "Rey and Kylo's is the culmination" guy was wrong, because that could possibly mean 3rd Act Reylo.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 11:12 pm

It’s still just concept art, right? It may not even be what shows up in the film. And leaks based off of unused concept art are useless...
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 11:16 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:People are pointing back to this leak based on this leaked info: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/a24dyj/some_info/?author=Xyzsvtabc

@ZioRen

Ugh, I was hoping that this "Rey and Kylo's is the culmination" guy was wrong, because that could possibly mean 3rd Act Reylo.
@SoloSideCousin

Yeah this concerns me somewhat, too. I'm already a bit worried about the pacing of IX with how much there is to do. I'll just hope Kylo and his chemistry with Rey are at least knocked out of the park even if the movie itself isn't a masterwork of narrative and plotting (then again, I didn't think that of TFA or TLJ either so at least it'd be consistent).

I suppose it all depends on the tone of the battle, or maybe the nature of it won't be what everybody expects. At this point I feel like it sort of has to be something unexpected and out of the norm; whether or not one ships Reylo it's clear that the two are way past just typical hero vs villain fights.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 11:38 pm

It seemed like Kylo was going to take off the mask by no later than, or even before, the halfway mark. Which would also be in line with TFA. The whole thing is a facade, apparently with literal cracks in his literal armor.

Not sure how much I buy the 3rd act Reylo stuff. If Rey v. Kylo is the culminating battle, then that by definition is the 3rd act. Do they become friends halfway through the battle, or during the resolution? It doesn't really add up.

Nor did Kylo seem particularly aggressive at the end of TLJ. He wasn't even that aggressive when they fought in TFA. It's honestly way out of character for them both, especially if they're supposed to complete their metaphorical adolescence and mature into adults. But they're still fighting at the end? It's bizarre, actually.

Outside of the bits about costumes and/or hair, there's no info on what they're actually doing in the film. It's been absurdly under wraps. Not even many spoilers outside of the usual angry fan wish fulfillment.

Suddenly remembering something Dominic Monaghan said months ago about Adam having the most difficult acting job out of the cast. Kylo was never this one-dimensional evul rage monster that some people think he is, I have a hard time believing he would turn into that now, let alone for for an entire movie.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 12:45 am

@californiagirl wrote:It seemed like Kylo was going to take off the mask by no later than, or even before, the halfway mark. Which would also be in line with TFA. The whole thing is a facade, apparently with literal cracks in his literal armor.

Not sure how much I buy the 3rd act Reylo stuff. If Rey v. Kylo is the culminating battle, then that by definition is the 3rd act. Do they become friends halfway through the battle, or during the resolution? It doesn't really add up.

Nor did Kylo seem particularly aggressive at the end of TLJ. He wasn't even that aggressive when they fought in TFA. It's honestly way out of character for them both, especially if they're supposed to complete their metaphorical adolescence and mature into adults. But they're still fighting at the end? It's bizarre, actually.

Outside of the bits about costumes and/or hair, there's no info on what they're actually doing in the film. It's been absurdly under wraps. Not even many spoilers outside of the usual angry fan wish fulfillment.

Suddenly remembering something Dominic Monaghan said months ago about Adam having the most difficult acting job out of the cast. Kylo was never this one-dimensional evul rage monster that some people think he is, I have a hard time believing he would turn into that now, let alone for for an entire movie.
@californiagirl

You make some really good points. Most leaks say that Kylo does not have the mask on for very long. Also, I don't think that they would give away so much of the ending to a toy/outside marketing guy. In fact, I could see them saving later outfits for post-IX marketing and only giving toy people information that is only relevant to the early part of the movie at this point, with later information coming closer to the release date. Even then, we never got Luke in his Crait younger self, and the Lego sets have not told the whole story. Also, where are Keri and Matt Smith?

I further agree that Ben seemed to be in no mood to fight her at the end of TLJ. Then again, she is always trigger happy, so I think that if something does happen that she will start it.

And you are right on target about a late fight not fitting with a coming of age story.

Finally, I do very much believe what Dominic says. Adam's part would not be hard at all if Kylo has gone "all evil, all the time."

Thank you for putting some positive perspective out there.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 1:21 am

Wow just woke up and saw these leaked pictures from MSW . Initially I thought woah they are retconning TLJ until I remember hearing somewhere that there’s 3 or 4 costume changes for kylo and Rey in this movie ? ( can’t remember who it was , hoping it’s not the rey skywalker leaker). Nice to see it’s all but confirmed ( if these pictures are genuine ) that Richard E Grant is first order and Dominic Monaghan is Resistance so we’ve got that . Lando looks amazing Smile and Rey does look like Padme here but also like a virginal bride waiting to be swept up by Kylo in his arms like a phantom lol! Smile

Also no Matt Smith here , Keri Russell ,Rose or Finn . Interesting. Are we 100% too that is kylo under the mask . I know it says it is but you never know ......
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 1:55 am

Something is making me 90% sure that Rey is going to make a callback to Han's "take off that mask, you don't need it" line to Kylo in TFA and I'm so ready. Especially if it's in the context of "I've seen you, I know you, there's no hiding from me now."
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 2:41 am

The costumes are beautiful! As someone pointed out earlier, Rey looks like a nice combination of Padme and her first outfit.
Interesting to see that her arm sleeves no longer cover her entire arms, and that she is covering her scar from throne room. (So sneaky Very Happy )
The sleeves are interesting. If I would play with symbolism now, I would say that they mean that while she is trying to regress back to her innocent pre-hand sex state, she is only partially sucessful. She cannot deny the truth! Very Happy

Same goes for Kylo. He looks very Revan-ish, and I love how the costume is a mix of both his TFA and TLJ look. He too, is trying to regress back to his Vader-esque persona. They both revelaed themselves to each other, and have been deeply dissapointed. They will try to deny the past but will be unsuccessful in the end.

Also, I find it poetic and sort of ironic, how Kylo is now trying to let the past (Force bonds). Gosh, they will look majestic together! Just kiss already Very Happy

I dont have much to say about other costumes besides Lando, who looks excellent. I love that yellow shirt, it neatly bridges him and Donald from Solo. Also, anyone else noticed that Poe looks like Nathan Drake from Uncharted? And what's with the BB droid? Head looks like a hair dryer Very Happy

Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 4:22 am

Honestly Disney telling the marketing guys that the culmination is a Rey and Kylo battle it as generic as it could get, It’s expected and doesn’t reveal too many plot points. Although, MSW did say that Rey and Kylo are “reunited” after the KOR return from the Beyond or whatever, so no idea when/what that means.

Also, the suspicious side to me is wondering if this is a plant from Lucasfilm just so people stop moaning about the title reveal. On the plus side the marketing guy said that posters are going to focus on Rey and Kylo so yay.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Sat 09 Feb 2019, 5:16 am

@Riri wrote:Honestly Disney telling the marketing guys that the culmination is a Rey and Kylo battle it as generic as it could get, It’s expected and doesn’t reveal too many plot points. Although, MSW did say that Rey and Kylo are “reunited” after the KOR return from the Beyond or whatever, so no idea when/what that means.

Also, the suspicious side to me is wondering if this is a plant from Lucasfilm just so people stop moaning about the title reveal. On the plus side the marketing guy said that posters are going to focus on Rey and Kylo so yay.
@Riri

I agree. That's why I'm not the least worried. They're being very hush hush on this movie so far compared to what we had for TFA or TLJ. I actually think it's a good thing. Like you said, it's a very generic and basic description, I also don't think a battle between Rey and Kylo is the last thing we're gonna get about them. I might be the most central, but surely we'll have more development in between.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum