Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 1:46 pm

@Moonlight13

exact he or she has created what he saw in the picture , I personally find it a good job , gives us an idea of how his costume will be. Chou

@Night Huntress I'm a little bit. now I do not want to say a bullshit, maybe I'm wrong but kylo has never changed costume, it is only removed pieces.
In the first one he had a hood and a sort of long tunic, in the second one only the mantle .... Confus

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 1:58 pm

nothing about this "costume leaks" is new or exciting imo. I didn't expect a big change between TFA & TLJ because they are so close in timeline.
But if the rumors are true IX takes place about a year after VIII- and that's all they could come up with? Rolling Eyes

Not sure what I expected but certainly more than this...Well, as long as they deliver a good story I don't really care. Nope

Last edited by Night Huntress on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 2:07 pm

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@MindAndMagic wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/hasbro-galaxy-of-adventures-toy-fair-exclusive

A lonely scavenger in search of belonging. A vulnerable and vengeful child in a mask.
 Wink
@MindAndMagic

More than the costume leak, I'm impressed by this, the way they're promoting Kylo is super redeemable IMO.

About the return of the mask, I don't know if people here use to read fics, but it's interesting that in the fics pos-TLJ, writers always write him with the mask (the main reason is that he doesn't fit the role of Supreme Leader, so he uses the mask to 'mask' his uneasiness).

Hi @Atenais - to which novel post-TLJ are you referring please?

@Dar-ren19

I read some, so I can't remember all, but in these fics or he's wearing the mask to keep his Supreme Leader persona or, when he's not wearing the mask, it's commented that it makes him feel uneasy since his face shows too much. Here some: Footnotes, World In My Eyes, Sealed To Me, The Black Forest.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 3:53 pm

Now that we’ve seen so many sensitive emotions play across his face, the getup with the mask/hood/cape seems ridiculously overkill. He’s trying way too hard to look evil Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 3:59 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Now that we’ve seen so many sensitive emotions play across his face, the getup with the mask/hood/cape seems ridiculously overkill. He’s trying way too hard to look evil Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Kylo Ren should not take up poker. lol
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Lazarus on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 6:10 pm

Is it me or there are two different masks? One is repaired, the other with the full costume is not, right? I wonder if the costume with a not repaired mask is a KoR's outfit? Or maybe, Kylo's rumoured decoy?
Mila Lazarus
Mila Lazarus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:00 pm

@Mila Lazarus wrote:Is it me or there are two different masks? One is repaired, the other with the full costume is not, right? I wonder if the costume with a not repaired mask is a KoR's outfit? Or maybe, Kylo's rumoured decoy?
@Mila Lazarus

If you're talking about the "high res" version of the Kylo outfit leak, that isn't real. It was just someone editing a high res picture of TLJ Kylo to try and determine what the IX costume will look like based on the small, blurry leak with the red cracked mask. They just didn't include the cracks in the edit.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Lazarus on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 8:17 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Mila Lazarus wrote:Is it me or there are two different masks? One is repaired, the other with the full costume is not, right? I wonder if the costume with a not repaired mask is a KoR's outfit? Or maybe, Kylo's rumoured decoy?
@Mila Lazarus

If you're talking about the "high res" version of the Kylo outfit leak, that isn't real. It was just someone editing a high res picture of TLJ Kylo to try and determine what the IX costume will look like based on the small, blurry leak with the red cracked mask. They just didn't include the cracks in the edit.
@ZioRen

No, I was talking about the original picture... I don't see the red cracks on the helmet in picture I: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aooezp/leaked_episode_ix_concept_art_and_reference_photos/
Mila Lazarus
Mila Lazarus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 9:16 pm

The red appears to be light from the room reflecting onto the cracked helmet.  I don't think the actual helmet has red on it.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 9:59 pm

Excellent points from Rachel (http://greyjedireylo.tumblr.com/)

"call me paranoid but I will never again underestimate lucasfilm’s ability to f**** with us after they hauled in an entire downed starfighter and fake knights of ren in to fake film a fake scene (and Rian straight up said they closely monitor leaks online like…it is not a stretch to think some fake leakers are lucasfilm in disguise lmao)"

Tag Notes: #i have also been highly suspicious of that poe and finn scene filmed on the hill #i'm not saying it's a fake scene but i am saying lucasfilm was highly aware pictures would leak and fairly clear ones #and they were okay with that for ???? reasons of their own #asks

Also

"thoughts on the apparent costume leaks?

...to be honest, I’m skeptical of their legitimacy. most of them look like concepts (and we all know most concepts don’t come to fruition–remember baldo ren?). and a lot of them look poorly photoshopped, which granted could be real but again, could be early, possibly scrapped concepts. even the ones that appear to be actors in costume could very well be costume tests that were scrapped.

and corroboration with what MSW has said makes me more skeptical of their legitimacy, not less lol. Disney cracked down on Jason last time around, he got uninvited to something and was pissed, and then mysteriously started getting Disney invites to things again. he was able to get a suspicious amount of info about the Mandalorian set. and we know lucasfilm monitors leaks fake and real on the internet. what I’m saying is that I absolutely wouldn’t be surprised if they were leaking fake or partially fake info and even using MSW to do it.

that said, if they’re real, my thoughts are that they’re…kind of boring?

on the positive side, I’m a huge fan of Ben’s TLJ costume (I think it makes him look very princely and it’s attractively form-fitting) so I’d be perfectly happy if he was still wearing it in IX. I’ve never been a fan of the idea of some fancy supreme leader outfit because that just doesn’t feel like him. he’s somber and ascetic and monk-like. and I love love love the idea of Rey wearing a band to cover up her arm-scar because you know that means it’s going to come back into play somehow.

on the negative side…the mask doesn’t bother me because we all know it’s going to come off after 5 seconds (just look at Adam’s luscious hair and clean-shaven face all through filming) but it does bother me just because its 9 lives are getting ridiculous lmao. first it survived an entire planet exploding and now it survived being shattered into tiny pieces???? I get that if it’s cracked and put back together it goes along with his cracked-kyber lightsaber to be a good metaphor for his cracking kylo ren persona but like…the logistics of its continued survival are just getting silly lol."

http://greyjedireylo.tumblr.com/post/182746631373/thoughts-on-the-apparent-costume-leaks
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 1:15 am

@Atenais wrote:
@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@MindAndMagic wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/hasbro-galaxy-of-adventures-toy-fair-exclusive

A lonely scavenger in search of belonging. A vulnerable and vengeful child in a mask.
 Wink
@MindAndMagic

More than the costume leak, I'm impressed by this, the way they're promoting Kylo is super redeemable IMO.

About the return of the mask, I don't know if people here use to read fics, but it's interesting that in the fics pos-TLJ, writers always write him with the mask (the main reason is that he doesn't fit the role of Supreme Leader, so he uses the mask to 'mask' his uneasiness).

Hi @Atenais - to which novel post-TLJ are you referring please?

@Dar-ren19

I read some, so I can't remember all, but in these fics or he's wearing the mask to keep his Supreme Leader persona or, when he's not wearing the mask, it's commented that it makes him feel uneasy since his face shows too much. Here some: Footnotes, World In My Eyes, Sealed To Me, The Black Forest.

@Atenais - ohhh, my mistake!!!! I see you meant fanfics. I was so worried I'd missed an actual post-TLJ SW novel which had Kylo material! I've heard that LF-Disney was deliberately holding Kylo Ren/Ben Solo material back until after IX has been released.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 3:26 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Rey wearing a band to cover up her arm-scar because you know that means it’s going to come back into play somehow. wrote:

she will remember the battle with Ben and the belief that she has not finished with him yet

the mask doesn’t bother me because we all know it’s going to come off after 5 seconds wrote:
it is possible that he will remove it only in the presence of rey or in his room when they will have other intimate moments through their bond. I do not care about the mask either. I'm used to seeing it but it's also true that we are at the last episode , therefore that mask we could not see it for too long. we'll see Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 10:52 am

More potential leak bits from MSW's podcast: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aptwwl/slight_tidbits_from_new_msw_podcast_including/

If that guest on the podcast didn't think anything in TLJ was comparatively controversial, even with what they did with Luke that caused fan fits, now I'm really curious what this IX macguffin is. I'm still thinking time travel!

- Jason has not heard anything about all the KOR being women (and personally that seems unlikely though some may be)

- Jason believes the red and black stormtroopers also come from the Beyond with the KOR, meaning that they might be primarily loyal to the KOR despite technically being Kylo's and the KOR's

- Jason has heard that some of the KOR are force users, but some are not, bringing together the various rumors we have had that we should not assume Force powers of the KOR.

- Jason hasn't gotten the term sith stormtrooper confirmed, so it may well just be a nickname on set (recall that BB-9E was called BB-H8). No indication they can use the force. He personally doubts they can.

- Really the main thing Jason has been told about the MacGuffin is that it's controversial. One person who is balanced and hands off fandom did say that it was delightful, but the repeated word has been controversial, from people who get the fandom more. When Jason said that this was pretty usual for fandom, they said that many of the things in TLJ did not strike them as controversial. This, however, does.

- He has not gotten any bites on it being something like Vader's lightsaber (which doesn't reject it, but for what it's worth)

- Jason knows they shot promotional stuff in Jordan; he doesn't think Rose was there though doesn't know. (I would guess it might be hard to find out, and especially if they filmed some Jordan stuff on set, this might not be very relevant).

- Jason says he's seen some images of the IX script and it seems longer than usual. Does later say that given the improv nature of what we have been hearing, it's possible they're just gunning for it and planning on cutting down later.

- Jason confirms that he's heard Dominic is a Resistance leader

- Jason seconds the idea of Jordan having been possibly used for two planets (which per The Great TB Scandal of '19, matches previous info)
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:04 am

@ZioRen

Something tells me that it might be related to World between worlds.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:06 am

@ZioRen Ohhhh you're right, time travel actually fits well, it's controversial but something we can really expect from JJ. Both sides would want this for different purposes.

Hmm, what if they can return to the moment when Kylo makes decision to kill Han. What if he makes different decision. (And snow planet can be Starkiller again). Anyway, it's just a wild theory with 1% chance for happening.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:28 am

Seems a bit out there for a main saga SW film. When you have a side thing like Rebels, which also has way more screen time to experiment, it's much more plausible. As opposed to Luke force projecting in TLJ, or Rey-Kylo's force connection, which aren't really that far removed from things we'd seen before. But if the potential mcguffin is controversial, then that does indicate it could mess with something people already know.

I know people want connections to other SW things and the EU, but I find it very unlikely, especially with JJ. They've stuck pretty closely to referencing things in the saga and really nothing else. This is poised to be one of the top two movies of the year, it's made for the broadest audience possible. It would be odd if the film hinged on things from deep within lore or that one episode of an animated show last year, especially if the thing is question is really trippy and foreign to all but like 2% of the fans.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 11:39 am

@special_cases wrote:@ZioRen Ohhhh you're right, time travel actually fits well, it's controversial but something we can really expect from JJ. Both sides would want this for different purposes.

Hmm, what if they can return to the moment when Kylo makes decision to kill Han. What if he makes different decision. (And snow planet can be Starkiller again). Anyway, it's just a wild theory with 1% chance for happening.
@special_cases

I gotta admit I started to think of that possibility too. Weren't there rumors that perhaps Harrison Ford was back on set or was that just Mike Zeroh? lol Laughing
scratch
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 1:23 pm

Time travel just seems so wrong in Star Wars.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 1:37 pm

@fuhry wrote:Time travel just seems so wrong in Star Wars.
@fuhry

It does. That's why it'd for sure be controversial to the level MSW folks keep saying.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 3:10 pm

But why would JJ would want to go controversial after The Last Jedi? I thought he would it play it somewhat safe but what do I know.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 4:37 pm

@fuhry wrote:Time travel just seems so wrong in Star Wars.  
@fuhry

I would be okay with time travel if it was someone from the future coming back to fix the present (just after the end of TLJ), but don't want fanboys/haters to get the satisfaction of a retcon/revision on TLJ at all..to keep all that intact.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

@special_cases wrote:@ZioRen Ohhhh you're right, time travel actually fits well, it's controversial but something we can really expect from JJ. Both sides would want this for different purposes.

@special_cases

I would love that. Or even the moment when Rey wakes up on Starkiller Base Then he starts over with Rey (“Hi. I’m Ben. Sorry about the lightsaber and the kidnapping. By the way, has anyone told you you’re Force-sensitive? You need a teacher.”) as they blow the weapon up and get out of there with Han alive and Kylo unscarred and poor confused Finn being like “What the—-?” about the transformation of his terrifying boss. What to do with Leia, though. Nonetheless, it’s a fun thought.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

Lots of folks on Reddit are also speculating time travel or Reylo baby. I've figured it out; the option that would be mega controversial and maybe delightful to some.

Wait for it....

TIME TRAVELING GROWN UP REYLO BABY

Laughing

We're gonna get Dragon Ball Z up in IX!

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

@special_cases @tukicarreno
Me too, the ‘what ifs’ of making a different decision would have massive repercussions. Or had he already ‘seen’ a different timeline was in actual fact trying to change it. The mind boggles but 0.1% it’s anywhere near what JJ has conceived.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 5:43 pm

Why are people thinking time travel?
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum