Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:38 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@AhsokaTano Just throwing this out there regarding "The Assault on Jakku" - I wonder if potentially that could be about The Mandalorian. Isn't that set after RotJ? It's going to be a triple Force Friday, so potentially those toys are going to be coming out at the same time so they could be in the same batch for the movie.
I'm not married to any theory regarding returning to Jakku, so I'm not deeply invested in that plotline. I can see where it could go either way with regards to heading back to Jakku in TrIXie.
Food for thought.
@PalmettoBlue
I think this is a great point! The assumption is that it is Ep IX... but you may be right! Or maybe jakku is in the game that's being released on triple friday or whatever it is??

@Casper wrote:
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Could that be the title?
@Casper
Hey Casper - I like this idea! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:56 am

Wouldn't that be funny?  It's like, that's the best way to f**** with us, just put it in plain sight.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 5:00 am

@DeeBee wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:@AhsokaTano Just throwing this out there regarding "The Assault on Jakku" - I wonder if potentially that could be about The Mandalorian. Isn't that set after RotJ? It's going to be a triple Force Friday, so potentially those toys are going to be coming out at the same time so they could be in the same batch for the movie.
I'm not married to any theory regarding returning to Jakku, so I'm not deeply invested in that plotline. I can see where it could go either way with regards to heading back to Jakku in TrIXie.
Food for thought.
@PalmettoBlue
I think this is a great point! The assumption is that it is Ep IX... but you may be right! Or maybe jakku is in the game that's being released on triple friday or whatever it is??

@Casper wrote:

Could that be the title?
@Casper
@DeeBee

we can say that in the previous trilogies it all started with Tatooine and it all ended with Tatooine.
in this trilogy we can say that everything started on Jakku and everything will end up on Jakku? Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:18 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 9:40 am

Finn and Kylo’s part is still a secret... I wonder why

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

IX will end with Rey and Ben creating a New Order

Post by ImperialReylo713 on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 10:38 pm

Rey will be betrayed by Poe and the rebels because of them discovering the bond, and Hux and the Knights of Ren will turn on Kylo and start a civil war. Rey and Kylo will have a duel that Kylo wins, but obviously doesn't kill her and we get our first Reylo kiss and they agree to take down both sides and form a New Order with those still loyal to Kylo in the FO. Ben and Rey win and create a Constitutional Monarchy with them as Emperor and Empress watching over a newly reformed Imperial Senate and they also create a gray imperial force order that accepts BOTH sides of the force.

ImperialReylo713
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 3:11 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
Food for thought.
@PalmettoBlue

@Casper wrote:

Could that be the title?
@Casper
@DeeBee

we can say that in the previous trilogies it all started with Tatooine and it all ended with Tatooine.
in this trilogy we can say that everything started on Jakku and everything will end up on Jakku? Smile
@Teo oswald

Sounds good to me! We make get get both Tatooine & Jakku..
whatever we get is going to be great!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 4:48 am

@DeeBee

When I heard that JJ wanted to connect all the trilogies I thought, there will be a reference to the past but I noticed and certainly you too did, that even RJ has made references to the other trilogies.
the battle between Luke and Kylo resembles the battle between Vader and Obi, the Falcon that goes into the center of the planet is very similar to the asteroid scene, there are others.
If JJ says he wants to connect all the trilogies, he will have to insert iconic characters or will he make scenes from the other films?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 6:09 am

If he wants to connect all the trilogies, he needs a Kenobi in this movie.  So far, the only reference to one (that the GA would recognize) is Ben Solo's first name.  We need something more than that to honor the Skywalker/Kenobi relationship.  Just my 2 cents.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 1:17 pm

@Casper wrote:If he wants to connect all the trilogies, he needs a Kenobi in this movie.  So far, the only reference to one (that the GA would recognize) is Ben Solo's first name.  We need something more than that to honor the Skywalker/Kenobi relationship.  Just my 2 cents.
@Casper

I agree, moreover the figure / the name of Obi has appeared in all the trilogies
if there is a skywalker there is also a Kenobi Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 10:10 am

Interview with Mark about Carrie, and the knights show he's going to be on. He realizes during the interview he's been typecast. Smile

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2019-03-04/carrie-fisher-mark-hamill-real-kick-star-wars-episode-9/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 1:20 am

@Casper wrote:If he wants to connect all the trilogies, he needs a Kenobi in this movie.  So far, the only reference to one (that the GA would recognize) is Ben Solo's first name.  We need something more than that to honor the Skywalker/Kenobi relationship.  Just my 2 cents.
@Casper

I think it’s more likely that they’d just have Rey hearing Obi-Wan’s voice again in a time of challenge or distress, like she did in the Force vision in TFA. Throwing in a Kenobi in the third film is just going to require too much explaining: Kenobi offspring: “You thought old Obi Wan Kenobi was just an old hermit in the desert all those years! Well, he wasn’t! He hooked up with my mother, and here I am!” Rey: “Um...who is Obi Wan?”

Now watch Keri Russell or Richard E. Grant be playing Obi-Wan’s secret love-child with Duchess Satine or something. Wink
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 9:32 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/theater/adam-driver-keri-russell-burn-this-star-wars.html

This isn’t your only collaboration this year. You also both appear in “Star Wars: Episode IX.” What can you tell me? Did you have scenes together?

DRIVER Don’t know. Don’t know if we did.

RUSSELL Nothing nothing nothing.

DRIVER I can’t say if we had any scenes together.

No climactic lightsaber battle then?

DRIVER Someone had a lightsaber.

RUSSELL It was pretty cool, that’s all I have to say.

lol
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 10:58 am

That was a good interview in the New York Times. I didn't realize they live down the block from each other in Brooklyn.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 12:08 pm

@californiagirl

if he tells us a few things it's because there are so many things eh eh eh Smile

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:00 pm

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Spoilers and rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:00 pm

No mask! Could be a contrast to when he talked to Vader's helmet in TFA, when he had the mask on and didn't want to be lured by the light. White room with a little black helmet? Vaguely yin-yang like?

The somersault in the air thing is quite something. Wasn't there some rumor the big third act battle would be zero gravity? Could be total crack, but that's what I suddenly remembered. Wonder what lightsaber Rey has. Her with the bowcaster seems cool though.

I'm slightly surprised they're putting out Kylo footage this early. Bodes well for marketing. The entire reason I started lurking here was because TLJ marketing, into late summer, acted like Kylo barely existed, or wasn't central. We don't even have a title and there's already footage of him for IX.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:18 pm

Poe, Rey and Finn.....
The Big Three.
Sigh.....¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:21 pm

Seems sort of like Rose is kicked out of the picture.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 1:38 pm

I wonder if this scene with kylo will be the opening for the teaser/ trailers.

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ImperialReylo713 on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 2:11 pm

Ben and Rey will both be betrayed by their own sides, and they will come together to create a new order and rule as Emperor and Empress.

ImperialReylo713
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 2:13 pm

It's the Beautiful Friendship Gang, or at least they're in it together until they learn what Rey's been doing behind their backs with the villain. And the potential influence of the Vader meditation chamber scene is interesting because the ST production teams have culled any and all designs for the PT and OT, which the original concept behind the art Ralph McQuarrie did for that scene was Vader meditating on his lost love

Kasdan's on record in one of his interviews that he and Lucas had a back story for Padme as being a woman who suspects her lover/father of her children is acting as an agent against the cause he's working for. She ends up faking her death, the death of their children, and going on the run to Alderaan. Where she works on behalf of the Rebel Alliance under the guise as one of Queen Breha's handmaidens. Not everybody wastes their free time reading old press interviews like I do, but they're on record with the BTS for TFA that they used items which were scrapped for the OT and it sounds like JJ's using some of the footage/plot points for TFA which didn't make the final edit.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 2:33 pm

Though I'm interested in Reylo drama first and most, I wouldn't mind some friendship in my SW to be honest, after TLJ where Rian put all the friendships on a back burner and Rey and Finn didn't even say a word to each other. I also way prefer the characters caring for each other rather than the Resistance and the Cause.

Re: Rose, I wouldn't be surprised if they put her in high command, so that Poe is freed up to go on missions/adventure he wouldn't have been able to do if he was a leader. That way they can go "see, female empowerment!" and conveniently make Rose's screentime limited.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 6:15 pm

Wasn't there some rumor Rose was high up in the Resistance now? Also, TLJ marketing didn't really show her in the trailers, she was small on the poster etc., even though she was the biggest new character in the film. Even Holdo and DJ were downplayed. They like to emphasize the original cast of the ST and OT. Lando will probably get higher billing than her.

I think most of us suspected the BFG would be part of the marketing. They did all end on a ship at the end of TLJ together. And friendship has always been a big part of SW. I'm not especially concerned.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Kanata on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 6:20 pm

I'm also not sure why some here don't want to see those three together. This is literally the first time all 3 will share a scene together (not counting TLJ's ending big group shot.)

Did you really think this wouldn't be advertised, let alone happen in the film itself?

Casey Kanata
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum