Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lovely_Rose on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 7:51 pm

I think people are wary that too much of this will take screen time away from reylo interaction. According to the rumors isn't Rey supposed to be on her own, presumably with Kylo, for a large portion of the film? I wonder if this trio thing is in the beginning or near the end of the movie.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 8:14 pm

@Lovely_Rose wrote:I think people are wary that too much of this will take screen time away from reylo interaction. According to the rumors isn't Rey supposed to be on her own, presumably with Kylo, for a large portion of the film? I wonder if this trio thing is in the beginning or near the end of the movie.
@Lovely_Rose

It's probably in the beginning I bet.. JJ most likely will keep all the Reylo stuff under wraps as usual.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 7:18 am

With word of what was shown to the shareholders - Ben in a white room looking pained/sad...

This causes me to wonder if the marketing will be obvious about Bendemption, and the threat from the Unknown Regions. The misdirect will be that they are connected (Reylos and Bendemptionist know that is obviously not true lol). The mystery will then be Reylo, and if Ben survives or not.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 8:08 am

I was pleasantly surprised that one of the things they showed was more Ben pain and in a white room to boot. Not the image of a non-conflicted Supreme Leader some wanted us to believe we'd see.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 09 Mar 2019, 6:26 am

Do you remember when I mssgd some of you back in July with some “leaks” and one of those leaks was that a ship is being built that reminded the leaker of Tantive IV? And now that’s been confirmed by the Disney shareholders. This leak was back in JULY so im convinced all the scenes that were shown to the shareholders were mostly from Act 1!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

March 11th and no news about IX. No title, no teaser no anything. Do we really have to wait all the way to Celebration for something? I am not patient. Neutral

Also I am not sure if this secrecy strategy is going to work, people are not even going to care about the movie if they don't start promoting soon. We need more hype!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 4:28 pm

Well the idea that Kylo speaks again with Vader's mask is not wrong. now he is emperor, he succeeded where Vader did not arrive. Maybe he will tell him he managed to kill his teacher
a bit like Vader told Luke or Anakin with Padme

Luke you can destroy the emperor, join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son. (Vader to Luke)

I can overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy with you. (Anakin to Padme)
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

Oh Space Hamlet looking miserable and alone will have to be Act I because they've set him up to be "the villain he thinks he's supposed to be." He's going to have to wear that janky mask (poor little Mitaka having to patch it up with E6000) and do some magic tricks to bluff the rest of the First Order before hitting the wall that his job sucks, he has to spend even more time with Hux, Rey has him blocked on ForceSkype, the First Order are actually not on the same page as he is about what needs to be done to the galaxy et cetera.

I'm actually surprised that instead of all the freaking out (though some people, the freaking out is the main course for them) about the mask returning, the point is made about how he has the burned mask and what that means. Because ickyness aside, that's just kind of sad and pathetic toting it around because you clearly don't feel like you can live up to that. He's gotta listen to Han's other piece of advice about how he doesn't need that mask.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 6:44 am

@snufkin

the return of the mask didn't surprise me. If a person tells a child not to put the mask on, he will put it on. Han told him, Smoke told him he is a child with a mask and because of that ,he destroyed it. In that scene I thought he was starting to mature but in reality it was a childish gesture, which is common in children. He is still a child despite the age.
But I believe that the appearance of the mask will only be temporary. Now everyone has seen his face and his weakness , therefore there is no plausible reason to wear it.However the mask inspires more fear compared to his face therefore kylo will use it as a source of terror mainly.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 9:07 am

Did we know that Oscar and Anthony Daniels wrapped on the same day ?

“It was such a milestone,” he said. “What was particularly special was the day that I finished on these three massive movies that for me have been such a huge part of my life, right after it was like, ‘Okay, Oscar’s done.’ And then I said a few words. ‘And it’s also Anthony Daniels’ last day on set!’ Way to take the thunder.”

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/15/oscar-isaac-star-wars-9-c-3po-wrapping/
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 11:49 am

@MrsWindu wrote:Did we know that Oscar and Anthony Daniels wrapped on the same day ?

“It was such a milestone,” he said. “What was particularly special was the day that I finished on these three massive movies that for me have been such a huge part of my life, right after it was like, ‘Okay, Oscar’s done.’ And then I said a few words. ‘And it’s also Anthony Daniels’ last day on set!’ Way to take the thunder.”

@MrsWindu

I think we thought Oscar wrapped up first, in late December because he was spotted in NY afterwards and his wife never reported he was back in London. So who knows? Maybe Oscar was out for some time and then came back to film a final scene with C3PO?
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

If we don't get Emperor and Empress Solo, IX is a failure.

Post by ImperialReylo713 on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 12:33 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f53/20/03/45/66/img_2010.jpg
If we don't get Emperor and Empress Solo, IX is a failure.

ImperialReylo713
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 1:04 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:Did we know that Oscar and Anthony Daniels wrapped on the same day ?

@MrsWindu

I think we thought Oscar wrapped up first, in late December because he was spotted in NY afterwards and his wife never reported he was back in London. So who knows? Maybe Oscar was out for some time and then came back to film a final scene with C3PO?
@tukicarreno

This is the impression I was under too. Now I'm curious.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 4:01 pm

Final scene with an actor is not necessarily actor's final scene in the movie. they may have done catching up with something that wasn't filmed earlier. JJ may try to film in order as much as he can but that isn't always possible for any film-maker. sets aren't finished in time, actors are not available, director gets diarrhea, etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Lazarus on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:13 am

@vaderito wrote:Final scene with an actor is not necessarily actor's final scene in the movie. they may have done catching up with something that wasn't filmed earlier. JJ may try to film in order as much as he can but that isn't always possible for any film-maker. sets aren't finished in time, actors are not available, director gets diarrhea, etc.
@vaderito

Exactly... Around this time, it was announced that Oscar would start playing in the new "Dune", so it's very possible that JJ shot the movie's last scenes to fit with Poe's filming schedule.
Mila Lazarus
Mila Lazarus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:30 am

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Lovely_Rose wrote:I think people are wary that too much of this will take screen time away from reylo interaction. According to the rumors isn't Rey supposed to be on her own, presumably with Kylo, for a large portion of the film? I wonder if this trio thing is in the beginning or near the end of the movie.
@Lovely_Rose

It's probably in the beginning I bet.. JJ most likely will keep all the Reylo stuff under wraps as usual.
@tukicarreno

they want us to believe that Kylo is not there in the end, they want to shake us, but they won't succeed
JJ is on our side, Twisted Evil how is RJ's mother or was his wife? Confus
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 12:47 pm

@Mila Lazarus wrote:
Exactly... Around this time, it was announced that Oscar would start playing in the new "Dune", so it's very possible that JJ shot the movie's last scenes to fit with Poe's filming schedule.
@Mila Lazarus

Yep, Dune was my thinking too. People think that only actual filming creates scheduling conflicts but there are many other things. like costume fitting, etc.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 1:25 pm

I'm not entirely sure where they're going with this, if this in fact true. It remains to be seen what the context of these Poe/ Leia scenes will provide

During a recent interview with Sirius XM host John Fugelsang, Isaac mentioned that the relationship between Leia and Poe will continue through “Episode IX” thanks to the use of the previously shot footage. The bond between the two characters was supposed to appear in “The Force Awakens,” but was eventually cut from the final cut, alas, we will see it now in the final chapter.

“I wasn’t surprised because I remember we were doing that, we worked a lot,” Isaac said of the scenes making their way back into the franchise. “[Fisher] and I worked together so much. We would talk about the scenes, and we got very tight during the shooting of that. So it was a beautiful thing to see, and it gets carried over into the new film as well.”

As for what it was like to see footage shot from years ago being repurposed for “Episode IX,” Isaac admitted it was “definitely an unusual thing,” but added, “I also think it was right to engage with her character, and not just let it be something that fades away.”

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2019/3/star-wars-episode-ix-unused-force-awakens-carrie-fisher-footage-will-develop-poe-and-leias-relationship
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 1:34 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:I'm not entirely sure where they're going with this, if this in fact true. It remains to be seen what the context of these Poe/ Leia scenes will provide

During a recent interview with Sirius XM host John Fugelsang, Isaac mentioned that the relationship between Leia and Poe will continue through “Episode IX” thanks to the use of the previously shot footage. The bond between the two characters was supposed to appear in “The Force Awakens,” but was eventually cut from the final cut, alas, we will see it now in the final chapter.

“I wasn’t surprised because I remember we were doing that, we worked a lot,” Isaac said of the scenes making their way back into the franchise. “[Fisher] and I worked together so much. We would talk about the scenes, and we got very tight during the shooting of that. So it was a beautiful thing to see, and it gets carried over into the new film as well.”

As for what it was like to see footage shot from years ago being repurposed for “Episode IX,” Isaac admitted it was “definitely an unusual thing,” but added, “I also think it was right to engage with her character, and not just let it be something that fades away.”

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2019/3/star-wars-episode-ix-unused-force-awakens-carrie-fisher-footage-will-develop-poe-and-leias-relationship
@MrsWindu
I think it makes sense, since Poe is going to be Leia's successor in leading the Resistance.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 4:51 am

@Moonlight13

I agree with you, but a leader like Leia will not be there. Leia is unique.
Poe, a man who thinks like a fighter, in fact we saw that he interpreted Holdo's message differently.
He wants to win this war, he sacrificed several people regardless of the cost.
He is not a bad person but should take advantage of Leia's advice. I also don't know why but I have the feeling that there will be a conflict between Rey and Poe
and of course the object under discussion is Kylo
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 6:49 am

Exactly what I think.
Remember, Poe witnessed the killing of Lor San Tekka and his people. He killed a lot of his friends when he torpedoed the Raddus. And he tortured him.
Perhaps those 'bruises' the makeup artist appeared to be putting on Kylo were Poe's handiwork?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 7:46 am

@motherofpearl1
If the bruises on Kylo are from Poe then, given the power differential between them, then that suggests Kylo was not fighting back. That’d be a great way to show Kylo is sincere and that Poe isn’t exactly the saint some seem to think he is. Rey vs. Poe with Finn in the middle would definitely be some drama.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 9:41 am

It would. And it would be interesting for Finn to be forced to make a moral choice between us two best friends.

I have this image of Kylo restrained and Poe asking "Comfortable?"
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 3:49 am

@Chris24601 wrote:@motherofpearl1
If the bruises on Kylo are from Poe then, given the power differential between them, then that suggests Kylo was not fighting back. That’d be a great way to show Kylo is sincere and that Poe isn’t exactly the saint some seem to think he is. Rey vs. Poe with Finn in the middle would definitely be some drama.
@Chris24601

Ugh! Don't even get me started on St. Poe. IMO, Poe is a self-centered, reckless, gloryhound, user, jerk. I would say a lot more, but I probably already offended a bunch of people here who like Poe.

Watch Resistance and the post-TLJ Poe comic, and let's just say that he doesn't come off well.

They have everything there to make Poe to make him the terroristic Saw Guerrera of the Resistance where they could make him on par with Hux in terms of zealotry, but I don't think that they would have the guts to go all the way there.

But I could see them freaking losing it with Rey when he finds out about her Force Skype boyfriend Kylo/Ben. I mean he mangled Holdo's speech and kicked over things and committed mutiny when he got mad at Holdo. I could see him not taking Rey's complicated feelings for Kylo/Ben not well at all.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:55 am

@SoloSideCousin
I’m not a huge fan of Poe either, but for me it’s mostly because story structure tells me that he’s going to be a problem down the line.

My personal feeling is that if they follow through at all on the setup from TLJ where “war” itself is in a way the enemy (more accurately the various entities that profit from the state of perpetual war) then the Resistance needs a “bad guy” aligned (even if only by their attitudes) with the perpetual war to really sell that message (otherwise its “good guys oppose war by going to war”).

That would be Poe’s role if such a scenario was their endgame because it certainly can’t be Leia (due to only having limited footage available) or Finn (was essentially a commodity; a brainwashed child soldier; and the one who got the speech about both sides being supplied by the same people) or Rose (lost her sister to the endless war; also made the speech about saving what you love). Poe wants the war because it provides the means by which he can “burn down” the Firsf Order.

But it also means you need at least one person with enough authority in the First Order to also be willing to end the perpetual war; which will be where Kylo comes in I’m certain (in a sense it’d be another Yin-Yang; Kylo is the one bright spot in the First Order, Poe is the one dark spot in the Resistance).

If I’m right it’s going to be a struggle between the heroes who are trying to end the war and the villains who want to keep it going for their own selfish reasons.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum