Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:13 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@Special_Cases
Thanks for this . He says he knows what happens with kylo??? Omg I need to know . Also when they meet later in the film it’s through the force bond and it sounds like a fight teleporting all over the place -so there is a fight later on ...uh oh! Why would they be fighting later if they were meant to be teaming up to fight Palpatine ? Is Palpatine a red herring after all ? Or is it that Rey and Kylo are going to bicker and fight to the bitter end even though they are meant to be fighting another evil out there?
@AhsokaTano

They better get their fighting out of the way quickly so they can team up together to fight against the "greater evil" like JJ said yesterday.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Giphy
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Casper on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:17 pm

I don't think they're meeting at the beginning of the film on the premise that they'll be teaming up. He is trying to run her over with his ship, after all. I think the teaming up happens after she breaks his ship and takes him to the Resistance and the discussion that follows after that.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:31 pm

Yeah I don't like all these leaks about them fighting, especially so late in the movie.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:33 pm

[quote="loversinthestorm"][quote="tukicarreno"]Can you guys believe that Ash from ET still asks Daisy about a potential love interest in Poe? How can she not get it? IS Ash blind? Did she see TLJ? Rolling Eyes

k

Last edited by tukicarreno on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:34 pm

@Casper wrote:I don't think they're meeting at the beginning of the film on the premise that they'll be teaming up. He is trying to run her over with his ship, after all. I think the teaming up happens after she breaks his ship and takes him to the Resistance and the discussion that follows after that.
@Casper

We don't know yet, plus why would he be running her over and not shoot blasters? They might be training.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSkywalker on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:39 pm

Where are you guys reading these leaks about them fighting each other later in the movie?
BenSkywalker
BenSkywalker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:40 pm

@BenSkywalker wrote:Where are you guys reading these leaks about them fighting each other later in the movie?
@BenSkywalker

It is from Jason of Making Star Wars. Just that at some point later in the film the fight and move between locations even though neither are there. They are fighting through their force bond apparently.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:43 pm

@whisperingwillow wrote:@AhsokaTano

If I had to speculate my guess is “defeating” Palpatine is Kylo defeating the hold Palpatine has on the Skywalker family. I have some weird speculation that Palpatine lives on in some form but not in the way of we are going to see him in human form. Iirc isn’t there a recent comic with Vader where one of the siths live on by attaching themselves to a form??? I could see that maybe Palpatine maybe attached to something and has continued to carry on in tormenting the Skywalker family.

Now I could be totally out of left field (most likely option lol) but I think Kylo still has to defeat the demons in his head and let go of the anger before he can move forward.
@whisperingwillow

What you are saying makes me wonder if it was in fact Palpatine, and not Snoke, the shadow surrounding Leia when she was pregnant with Ben.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm

They talked about the culmination of the movie being a battle between Rey and Kylo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bcuusv/this_guy_was_very_accurate_on_everything_so_far/

So for now I think we have to believe that they will have a battle in the end.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:45 pm

@BenSkywalker wrote:Where are you guys reading these leaks about them fighting each other later in the movie?
@BenSkywalker

I think it's from one of Jason's podcasts but they're discussing it over on Reddit at this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bctj5j/making_star_wars_patreon_podcast_tidbits/
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm

*sigh*
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:

If I had to speculate my guess is “defeating” Palpatine is Kylo defeating the hold Palpatine has on the Skywalker family. I have some weird speculation that Palpatine lives on in some form but not in the way of we are going to see him in human form. Iirc isn’t there a recent comic with Vader where one of the siths live on by attaching themselves to a form??? I could see that maybe Palpatine maybe attached to something and has continued to carry on in tormenting the Skywalker family.

Now I could be totally out of left field (most likely option lol) but I think Kylo still has to defeat the demons in his head and let go of the anger before he can move forward.
@whisperingwillow

What you are saying makes me wonder if it was in fact Palpatine, and not Snoke, the shadow surrounding Leia when she was pregnant with Ben.
@LadyGaufrette

Actually, I feel pretty confident about that. Thanks to Pablo deleting all his tweets I can't go back and see if I could find the one where iirc someone asked about that being Snoke and he made an answer where it sounded like he was saying it wasn't Snoke. I think Snoke prayed upon Kylo but I don't think he is the shadow.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm

These leaks are giving major Enemies to Lovers vibes. So Kylo has feelings for Rey but he wants to fight her as well. I would have preferred them working together solidly.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm

Just wanted a self-indulgent moment to say that I'd wanted depressed Kylo in IX since TLJ came out, and I'm getting my way apparently.

It's also curious how the teaser, packaging, and mural all show the reconstructed mask, but the only real photos and footage of Kylo thus far are all unmasked. Honestly, half the reason the mask is here at all seems to be selling stuff. I think it looks like an inverse Maul, black with red veins instead of black with red veins. Have no clue if that's intentional.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:52 pm

@whisperingwillow wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:

@whisperingwillow

@LadyGaufrette

Actually this I feel pretty confident about that. Thanks to Pablo deleting all his tweets I can't go back and see if I could find the one where iirc someone asked about that being Snoke and he made an answer where it sounded like he was saying it wasn't Snoke. I think Snoke prayed upon Kylo but I don't think he is the shadow.
@whisperingwillow

Too bad, it could be a great information. Maybe you'll be lucky and someone who had saved those tweets will saw this.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:52 pm

@rawpowah I personally don't think anybody will discuss the ending of such movie on any marketing meeting. They will mostly discuss how to execute the main conflict in the marketing. This guy heard nothing about Palpatine...

And even if there is fight in ACT III it doesn't mean it's near the end. I can easily see Rey and Kylo fighting each other and fight feeling towards each other the whole movie. TBH I would love it because I enjoy Enemies-Lovers dynamic.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:54 pm

It makes sense in a weird way. Kylo tends to lash out at anything causing him emotional distress. Rey probably counts as #1 at the moment.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:57 pm

@special_cases wrote:@rawpowah I personally don't think anybody will discuss the ending of such movie on any marketing meeting. They will mostly discuss how to execute the main conflict in the marketing. This guy heard nothing about Palpatine...

And even if there is fight in ACT III it doesn't mean it's near the end. I can easily see Rey and Kylo fighting each other and fight feeling towards each other the whole movie. TBH I would love it because I enjoy Enemies-Lovers dynamic.
@special_cases

yeah, plus the MSW rumors don't completely match up with what was said in the interviews yesterday. I'm not saying that Kylo and Rey won't fight, but I definitely don't think the final battle will be between them. That doesn't make sense with the other info we were given.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:57 pm

If the Jordan scenes are early in the film, I don’t see them teaming up then. I can’t see Kylo seeing the light, abandoning his Supreme Leader position and resolving his issues so early on. In fact I’d be worried because that would leave room for a potential dramatic turn-around and Kylo betraying Rey or whatever.

I’m happy with the idea that Rey and Kylo meet early in the film, since I didn’t expect a real meeting until midpoint maybe. Also, if the Jordan scenes are early on and the next time they meet Rey and Kylo fight, this fight can’t be the climax of the film. Doesn’t leave much room for exploring the relationship in greater depth if your characters basically meet twice in the film and both encounters are antagonistic.

Last edited by Saracene on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:57 pm

@special_cases wrote:@rawpowah I personally don't think anybody will discuss the ending of such movie on any marketing meeting. They will mostly discuss how to execute the main conflict in the marketing. This guy heard nothing about Palpatine...

@special_cases

This. We know from leaks so far that Kylo just doesn't see Rey and walk away from the darkside.

Kylo is going to be battling the entire film his feeling for Rey and the hold the darkside has on him (including his feelings towards his family). My guess is Kylo will fight it till the end on giving up on the anger he holds. For Kylo to move forward into "adulthood" he will have to make that journey (or he will die) but he is going to fight it all the way till he finally realizes the hold it has on him.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

Crazy theory but is it possible that maybe Rey and Kylo are faking animosity at some point later in the movie in order to trick Palpatine into thinking that Kylo's slipping further into the darkness and that it makes him underestimate Rey and/or Kylo?

I also thought it might be them training through the force bond in secret?

Either way, it seems like these are Jason's interpretation of info he's gotten and we've seen him get info and completely twist it. He literally had the TFA script and still seemed to say things that didn't actually happen in the movie from what I remember. Like Kylo killing Han in cold blood when clearly there was a lot of gravitas in that scene and not so black and white. Jason is mostly reliable but he's also tends to be wild in his analyzing of information he gets.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:19 pm

Oh hey look at that, these two shots from the trailer:

Where have we seen something similar before?

They might be playing chicken with each other. But considering how much the new trailer follows similar patterns (including the structure of the music used) to previous trailers and how ridiculously meta Solo is about the ST, it can't be just random

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_p9ilk4PDw81v2o3ho_540
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:22 pm

One thing I speculated about long ago is that there would be a final battle where Rey fights Kylo Ren but it's just someone in his mask.

But these so called "new" spoilers:

My best guess (if at all accurate) is that this is Rey in Kylo's mind fighting the literal PART of him that is "Kylo" and trying to kill him off in order to save Ben overall. It would almost be like a metaphorical visualization of what it would be like to defeat someone's split personality. That's the whole "neither of them are really there" thing.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by nickandnora on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:29 pm

there we go, there we go Smile
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Tumblr_ppvw8i0N061qzhf3uo1_500

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Tumblr_ppvw8i0N061qzhf3uo2_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Tumblr_ppvw8i0N061qzhf3uo3_540

JJ and Reylo fan are on the same wave
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:33 pm

@nickandnora Actually I wanted to tag you (after trailer) to say that your predictions about someone using Kylo's mask look very plausible. I'm not sure about final battle and details but with all these Phantom Menace callbacks and Palpatine being back it will totally make sense...
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum